Civic182
(Newbie)
05/31/06 02:35 PM
Zex 75 dry

I had a Zex kit in my Si running it with a 75 shot. a couple days after install, it tripped my CEL and made my car run at about 2000+rpm at idle. This happened a few days after only using four times on install day. I scanned the code and it said it was the MAP sensor which I replaced and it did not change it. I took the whole kit out and the idle went back down to normal. I sold the kit to someone with a caveleir and it tripped his CEL immediately so i gave him his money back. Does anyone know what might be causing this? Also, suppose I do decide to put the kit back in, is it safe to run it on the motor with a 75 shot, using it conservatively (only a couple times on weekends)?

civicsidude
(Post Master Supreme)
06/07/06 09:29 AM
Re: Zex 75 dry

first time i heard a zex kit causing this sort of problem, sure you installed the kit correctly, and are using the correct jets.

zex was one of the most stable kits do to its actual shot size and ease of install

Shark Tek
(Jr Poster)
07/04/06 10:26 AM

I had that kit on my 99 tiburon for almost 3 years and never had problems.

I can only think that is related to a vacuum leak. You say that when you install everything to the stock form everything went back to normal. My suggestion is to check for leaks on the vacuum hoses. They are plenty of tools that you can use, one of them can be a boost gauge with vacuum readings or vacuum gauge some of them can be loaned from autoparts like Autozone.

What year is your SI?

Civic182
(Newbie)
07/04/06 11:27 AM

its a 2000

Shark Tek
(Jr Poster)
07/04/06 01:26 PM

I believe that you must retard the ignition two degrees for a 75 shot on that car.

But I dont think that you can do it with the stock ignition you will need a special device.

Anyway I was using 65 on my car and never change the ignition settings maybe your ecu will do it for you

civicsidude
(Post Master Supreme)
07/05/06 09:08 AM

nope he wont need a special tool, just turn the distrubiter and reset the ecu, do a search for it in the na forum. also he would only need to do this if he is getting some sort of knock

Mattkc
(Jr Poster)
07/24/07 03:26 PM

Don't forget the colder plugs.

supercivic00
(Newbie)
07/24/07 03:39 PM

i had a 100 shot on my si an never had a problem i just put a colder plug in the car check to see if you hooked it up rite

Mattkc
(Jr Poster)
07/27/07 05:08 PM

I believe with the shot you are running you need to go two steps colder.

JDMaHolicAccord
(Sr Member)
08/27/07 11:06 PM

i'm a dork