si_black_00
(Jr Member)
07/11/06 01:52 AM
Debating nitrous

so i have a 2000 si with I/H/E, skunk2 stage 1 cams/gears, soon to add ITR valve springs and retainers and possibly hondata IM gasket and mugen head gasket and a port and polish, but lately i have debated about getting nitrous as well, maybe as an alternative to getting the port and polish and gaskets....

what set up would be recomended with this set up, not looking for anything huge just a little something for some added fun

civicsidude
(Post Master Supreme)
07/11/06 09:10 AM
Re: Debating nitrous

sneaky pete 25 shot,

mhart
(Post Master Supreme)
07/11/06 11:09 AM

zex dry kit, run the 55 shot.

jdmslave
(Poster)
07/11/06 08:54 PM

yeah if u run the Zex,i can sell you my kit,im trying to get rid of it...im in desperate need of an ems so let me know

si_black_00
(Jr Member)
07/12/06 01:12 AM

i am completely new to nitrous, can someone give me the run down on precautions and such

civicsidude
(Post Master Supreme)
07/12/06 07:27 AM

read the faq

si_black_00
(Jr Member)
07/12/06 02:31 PM

okay, so if i were to buy a zex kit(probably 65) what all else would i need to get, spark plugs? does it come with a heater? do i need one? blanket? etc

also, since i have skunk2 cams, all my power is in the very high end, and from what ive been reading it seems like nitrous shouldnt be ran at too high of rpms....how high can it be ran?

VizaX
(Jr Poster)
07/13/06 07:02 AM

I ran a 75 wet shot all the way to 8000rpms. Just don't hit rev limiter when spraying.
btw I was completely stock internals wise.

Read the faq, It'll help a lot. as it suggests in the faq get motor mounts or inserts, a fuel pump, fpr, etc...

You don't need a bottle blanket or bottle heater... They are just nice to have to keep the pressure in the bottle up.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
07/14/06 01:02 AM

thanks

DWalk
(Post Master Supreme)
07/14/06 02:13 PM

Quote:

fixed