BonSi
(Newbie)
06/11/07 09:59 PM
Comptech header and exhaust for 00 SI

Does anyone have this Comptech system on their 99-00 SI?
210-020 Stainless steel header
230-030 Stainless steel exhaust system
How much louder is it from the stock system?
Horsepower gain? Fuel mileage gains? Any downside to the system?
Already have installed a K&N FIPK intake.
Thanks......

cruzersi99
(Post Master)
06/13/07 12:30 AM
Re: Comptech header and exhaust for 00 SI

Comptech was/is known for making quality parts. On a mildly built 99 Si, I would guess anywhere from 6 to 8 whp. Sound is slightly louder then stock. I wouldn't expect to much change in fuel mileage.

jellydoughnutt
(Post Master Sr)
06/13/07 10:09 AM

indeed, ive got the exhaust with dc header and it sounds stock at idle and a little louder than stock while in vtec. im still in love with it, looks great, sounds great, and will last forever. dooooooo iiit!!

Da Bomb
(Poster)
06/15/07 03:19 AM

Yo mang, I've got both the Comptech SS 4-2-1 header and SS exhaust. The exhaust was loud IMO, especially on the freeway and in parking garages (although I do admit I liked setting off the car alarms - haha). I would rather be able to listen to my music than the loud drone of my B16. So I got the silencer tip and it is now a decent sound level.

Honestly, I didn't notice much gains in mileage, b/c it's really how you drive it (accelerate, etc.) I didn't notice any mileage gains from my 95 EX w/DC 4-2-1 header and K&N filter either.

jellydoughnutt
(Post Master Sr)
06/15/07 07:36 AM

are you sure that we are talking about the same one? mine doesnt have an option for a silencer.

mine looks just like this

BonSi
(Newbie)
06/19/07 10:05 PM

Thanks for the input. Now all I have to do is find a place to purchase the system besides Comptech.

jellydoughnutt
(Post Master Sr)
06/21/07 10:49 AM

how far are you from nashville? we can go for a ride if you are debating weather to get it or not

Mattkc
(Jr Poster)
07/17/07 03:04 PM

Collierville is about 3hrs away from Nashville. It's right outside memphis. I used to live in Cville off of Cville-arlington rd. Nice place.

Da Bomb
(Poster)
07/24/07 01:41 AM

Originally Posted By: jellydoughnutt
are you sure that we are talking about the same one? mine doesnt have an option for a silencer.

mine looks just like this

Yeah that's the same one. Back when I bought it (2001 or 2002) it was still available. The included instructions tell you to drill a small hole for the mounting screw for the silencer inside the muffler tip.

If you look closely at all of Comptech's exhaust systems, all their mufflers look identical. At one point the part # for the Civic Si silencer was the same one as the S2000.

shibiku
(Poster)
08/29/07 11:30 PM

had the header... good quality stuff...

BonSi
(Newbie)
08/20/09 09:33 PM

Does anyone know where I can purchase these items?

RG2LEM1
(Jr Poster)
04/09/16 12:44 AM

I had the header and exhaust in my b16a2. Quality stuff that rocked on a mild set-up.