The Postman
(Post Master Sr)
05/05/17 04:59 PM
Corporate interviews

So I figure many of you guys work in and have had or done Management type interviews, so maybe you can shed so light on this.

My wife applied to a local College for a Management position about 3 weeks ago. She had a lengthy panel interview with the Dean of the program, HR Manager, the person currently in the job and 2 Professors. She easily meets all of the qualifications with regards to experience and education and she feels she had a great interview.

They tell her it would be about 2 weeks before she hears anything. Last week, she hears nothing. No phone calls, rejection emails or letters. But this week she gets this email...

Good morning Carina,
Are you able to come to meet with Angela and I next week, Wednesday May 10th, at 12 noon? We would like to follow up with you about the manager position. Please let me know if that time works for you.

Thank you
Catharine

Catharine is the Dean and Angela is another Manager my wife would work under.

Is this a meeting to tell her she sucks and didn't get the job (which has never happened before), another interview (I think it would say if it was) or possibly a job offer?

I feel kinda bad for her, now she has to wait till next week to find out lol

SW20_MR2
(Post Master Sr)
05/05/17 05:30 PM
Re: Corporate interviews

This is a good thing. Probably round 2. If you're no longer in consideration, they will typically let you know by phone.

When I got my current job, I did 5 interviews back to back in an afternoon. I had to come back a few weeks later to meet with the president. It was more a rubber stamp cause other candidates weren't doing the same. I don't think this is the case for your wife, but this will likely be the last round.

spnx
(Post Master Sr)
05/05/17 05:32 PM

It sounds like a further round of interviews to me too. It's positive.

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
05/05/17 06:33 PM

Nope. This is a very good thing, as others have said it means she made it past that round. Good luck!!!

Wear a low cut top... oh wait panel of women, well there could be lesbos lol

JEFFOS
(Post Master Supreme)
05/05/17 08:28 PM

They woundnt call her in to tell her she doesn't have the job. Consider this interview 2 (and prep as if it is) but it may be a done deal or it may not be the job but another one is offered.

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
05/06/17 04:41 AM

Make sure she wears a low-cut top.

LNXGUY
(Post Master Supreme)
05/06/17 10:01 AM

Originally Posted By: eddie_82

I came to post the exact same thing

Goodluck to the OPs wife!

Just A Troll
(Post Master)
05/08/17 10:26 AM

Timing at noon is good as well.

If the meeting goes well they might finish with "Lets go have some lunch. I know this great place... "

That usually a social situation test. That's just one step away from being hired.

We usually don't go to lunch with prospects here unless they're at the top of the list for being hired.

The Postman
(Post Master Sr)
05/11/17 06:41 PM

So she didnt get the job. But they did offer her another one starting in September. Its not a Manager position, but a Professor position which she wanted anyway lol.

LNXGUY
(Post Master Supreme)
05/11/17 06:43 PM

Congrats!

TYJelly
(Post Master)
05/11/17 08:57 PM

Originally Posted By: eddie_82

She's meeting with women. Make sure she doesn't wear a low cut top. Jealousy factor.

Edit- should have read the whole thread. She must have worn that low cut top.

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
05/11/17 09:21 PM

Congrats!

Big Tasty
(Post Master Supreme)
05/11/17 10:00 PM

Congrats

hyper-s2k
(Post Master Supreme)
05/12/17 07:57 AM

Congrats!

c2k
(Post Master Supreme)
05/12/17 08:26 AM

Originally Posted By: The Postman
So she didnt get the job. But they did offer her another one starting in September. Its not a Manager position, but a Professor position which she wanted anyway lol.

pass our congras to the new Professor Titty.

SW20_MR2
(Post Master Sr)
05/12/17 09:26 AM

Is she gonna wear low cut tops for the students?