Big Tasty
(Post Master Supreme)
11/13/18 02:26 PM
Electric snow shovel

Anyone use this before? I don't have a huge driveway so a snowblower would be overkill but tired of shoveling in the dark after a long day.

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.10-am...1000659877.html

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
11/13/18 02:36 PM
Re: Electric snow shovel

my toro finally shit the bed after many many long years in service. attempted to fix it, but half of the teeth on the flywheel are missing, the cord broke, the primer broke, and the teeth on the starter are all gone too lol. lasted 10+ years in the hardest parts of winter.

i'm going to re-buy it, but not now, i'll wait until spring when it's cheaper, so i was thinking about picking up one of these in the mean time. figured with two cars on the driveway there's not much really left to shovel maybe i can get away with one of these electric shits.

zaius
(Post Master Sr)
11/13/18 05:19 PM

would your savings, by waiting till the spring, amount to the cost of one of these electric shovels?

it ain't going to chop through the frozen snow from the plow...

LNXGUY
(Post Master Supreme)
11/13/18 05:30 PM

On light fluffy snow I'm sure it's good. Anything heavy forget about it.

Simon_the_Pieman
(Post Master Sr)
11/13/18 05:59 PM

Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles
my toro finally shit the bed after many many long years in service. attempted to fix it, but half of the teeth on the flywheel are missing, the cord broke, the primer broke, and the teeth on the starter are all gone too lol. lasted 10+ years in the hardest parts of winter.

i'm going to re-buy it, but not now, i'll wait until spring when it's cheaper, so i was thinking about picking up one of these in the mean time. figured with two cars on the driveway there's not much really left to shovel maybe i can get away with one of these electric shits.

you can do it, put your back into it

- ice cube

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
11/13/18 09:23 PM

9/10 times last winter i just hammered that shit out with the shovel. might just do the same this year. i'm not that old yet like you farts

Big Tasty
(Post Master Supreme)
11/13/18 11:12 PM

Did the same last year..my shovel didn't appreciate it

furball
(Post Master Sr)
11/14/18 06:35 AM

I'm looking at the cordless version, fuck messing with cords on a cold day. It's bad enough I'm shoveling, don't want to mess around with cords.

The problem I see with this is you can't angle the direction of throw.

There's a new model that's hybrid too ...

SuPeR-MaRiO
(Post Master Sr)
11/14/18 08:44 AM

Is the cordless version gas or battery powered? If the latter, I say don't even bother.

Big Tasty
(Post Master Supreme)
11/14/18 08:53 AM

Ya I'd probably stick with the cord version unless you are doing front, back and long sidewalk.

It's one thing to have a battery powered lawn mover and plan to do the lawn on the weekend and charge the battery beforehand.

It's another to come home unexpectedly to a driveway full of snow and then realize the battery is dead. Unless it's permanently hooked up to a charge station for ready to go power.

furball
(Post Master Sr)
11/14/18 08:57 AM

Cordless battery 40v 4Ah, good for ~40 mins of snow, charges in 2 hours, with a separate charging station ... That's what the specs say.

The photo in OP is the cordless version...

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
11/14/18 09:58 AM

Interested how this turns out, i had a snowblower that crapped out so i've been shoveling the equivalent of a 6 car driveway (and then some) which is also inclined for 7 years. It's not that bad, the only thing that sucks is when the snowplow fucks your shit up.

SuPeR-MaRiO
(Post Master Sr)
11/14/18 11:48 AM

My concern with the battery operated one is not charging the battery, but will the unit have the power to do a good job.

Truth be told I typically only use my snow blower when there has been rain added to the snow which makes it incredibly heavy or when the plows really pile it on at the end of the driveway.

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
11/14/18 12:28 PM

guys...guys...this is CSI. c'mon GTFO with that gay ass shit.

https://powerequipment.honda.ca/snowblowers/36-inch-hybrid-i-control-es

ride or die nyukka

87ZCSi
(Post Master Sr)
11/14/18 12:29 PM

I had a small single stage gas for years, it was amazing. My friend had one of these it was a toy that got put away quick.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
11/14/18 02:16 PM

i think i'll go for this one. atleast with a honda you know replacement parts will always be available....and it has vtec.

https://powerequipment.honda.ca/snowblowers/20-inch-auger-assist

phoenixrage
(Post Master Supreme)
11/14/18 03:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Screamin Type ARGH!
guys...guys...this is CSI. c'mon GTFO with that gay ass shit.

https://powerequipment.honda.ca/snowblowers/36-inch-hybrid-i-control-es

ride or die nyukka

if you can knock one of those digits off the price then i'd go for it.. lol

porschetr
(Post Master Supreme)
11/14/18 03:44 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urUDU2oqN9U&t=74s

Looks like it just throws snow in the air and covers the operator more than pushing forward.

I think they also have a Hybrid version which is both cordless and cord.
Ya, I don't wanna deal with the cord.
Wish EGO had something like that. I already have their battery product.

c2k
(Post Master Supreme)
11/14/18 05:10 PM

it's a hit and miss for some people. some like it, some say pay extra for a snow thrower. HXGuy it, buy it, try it and return it.

LNXGUY
(Post Master Supreme)
11/15/18 09:37 AM

i think i'll go for this one. atleast with a honda you know replacement parts will always be available....and it has vtec.

That's 2 stage gas blower pricing... Find a used Ariens on Kijiji and you'll be set for the next 25 years.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
11/15/18 02:22 PM

Originally Posted By: LNXGUY

That's 2 stage gas blower pricing... Find a used Ariens on Kijiji and you'll be set for the next 25 years.

nah bro, not making that mistake again. maybe up by you you'll need that but i'm not pulling out a big ass 2 stage for a little bit of snow. we did that back in the day bought this big ass 2 stage mofo and never ended up using it. was shoveling by hand instead lmao. that one i posted can handle everything, i even dug out a neighbor who parked on the street and their car got covered in snow plow snow. felt like i lost a friend when the toro died haha

porschetr
(Post Master Supreme)
11/15/18 07:18 PM

I don’t have any space for the snow blower so that shovel type works perfectly.

furball
(Post Master Sr)
11/16/18 07:23 AM

Corded version $98 @ HD. Front page of flyer. GO NAO. </RFD>

Big Tasty
(Post Master Supreme)
11/16/18 08:15 AM

Already hate winter and it's heavy ass wet snow.

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
11/16/18 08:40 AM

I was shoveling at midnight last night, after a lovely drive across the slushy 401 and 410 from Scarborough. It's gonna be a long winter..... \:\(

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
11/16/18 01:52 PM

Didn't have time to shovel, hopefully it's all gone by the time i get home /wishful tots from the dvp

furball
(Post Master Sr)
11/16/18 02:14 PM

Neighbour picked up the $98 corded version

Such a fucking mess with the cord, hauling the cord back and forth, snow flying all over the fucken place, pushing the thing... wtf

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
11/16/18 02:20 PM

The "neighbour" eh?

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
11/16/18 02:37 PM

swapped winter tires, shoveled the driveway and salted all last night around midnight. good times.

brb selling everything i own and moving to a caribbean island. holla for your coconut hookup.

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
11/16/18 04:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Risky Business
Didn't have time to shovel, hopefully it's all gone by the time i get home /wishful tots from the dvp
Based on some of the driveways in my neighbourhood, no, it won't have melted away today.

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
11/16/18 04:17 PM

holla for your coconut hookup.

I'll pass, thanks.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
11/16/18 04:33 PM

A2B-Lexus
(Post Master Supreme)
11/16/18 09:00 PM

I got one of the corded $200 ones. I use it for the thick and fluffy stuff. It isn't as clean as shovel but its less effort and saves time for sure.