LNXGUY
(Post Master Supreme)
02/02/19 12:58 PM
Bathroom reno

No before pics but picture a grey tub with flowered tile, builder grade vanity with a dark purple top and an off white vinyl floor

So new tub, tile shower surround, floor, vanity, redid all the plumbing (Original vanity was a single sink) Framed in the mirror, new light, installed a fan (No fan in the old bathroom)

Master is up next! Going to start gutting it today.

Big Tasty
(Post Master Supreme)
02/02/19 02:02 PM
Re: Bathroom reno

Looks good. Would love to redo ours and replace the tub with an enclosed glass shower.

zaius
(Post Master Sr)
02/02/19 02:35 PM

that looks sweeeeeeet. nice tiling job. (i hate tiling)

Wiring the fan must have been a pain in the arse.

A2B-Lexus
(Post Master Supreme)
02/02/19 03:06 PM

Taking a shit in there would spark joy. Nice job!

LNXGUY
(Post Master Supreme)
02/02/19 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By: zaius
that looks sweeeeeeet. nice tiling job. (i hate tiling)

Wiring the fan must have been a pain in the arse.

The only thing that really sucks about wiring the fan was the lack of room in the attic. I had to pretty much crawl over there from the access point, shuffling a piece of plywood bit by bit. Did I mention the access point is on the completely opposite side of the house?

Originally Posted By: Big Tasty
Looks good. Would love to redo ours and replace the tub with an enclosed glass shower.

I'll start another thread on the master. It should be pretty slick when done. Right now it's got a big corner jacuzzi, 3x3 shower that feels like you're in a closet... Jacuzzi is being ripped out, freestanding tub in it's place, shower is going to be extended probably 3 times the size, all glass with some sort of grey tile. Still debating on whether or not to install a shower door, gotta do up a layout once everything is out of there and see what I've got for space.

Big Tasty
(Post Master Supreme)
02/02/19 04:11 PM

I need to replace the fan in the downstairs bathroom. Is it any more complicated/involved than installing a ceiling fan or new light fixture?

LNXGUY
(Post Master Supreme)
02/02/19 04:28 PM

You can usually just buy the motors and leave the rest alone. That's probably the easiest thing to do. Did that in my old place. Or are you going for something with more CFM?

Big Tasty
(Post Master Supreme)
02/02/19 06:50 PM

Motor is making a lot of noise and not spinning the fan. I thought it was just loud but happened to look up one day and saw that the blades weren't moving.

LNXGUY
(Post Master Supreme)
02/02/19 09:48 PM

Just buy the motor, simple swap. I think I got mine on Amazon for like $30.

loudsubz
(Post Master Supreme)
02/03/19 08:41 PM

great work bill! very clean and fresh

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
02/03/19 10:04 PM

sexy!

furball
(Post Master Sr)
02/04/19 07:24 AM

That's pretty damn sweet ...

We're getting quartz countertops, new sinks and faucets in the Markham shack ...

Besides buying/choosing the materials and whipping out the wallet, I'm tired Wish I had the skills like to DIY \:\(

Y U no elongated toilet with Japanese cornhole sprayer?

hyper-s2k
(Post Master Supreme)
02/04/19 08:48 AM

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
02/04/19 09:17 AM

Nice work!!!

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
02/04/19 02:14 PM

sick Bill! you've motivated me to do the same to my main bathroom and ensuite this year.

porschetr
(Post Master Supreme)
02/04/19 05:01 PM

I thought those were before picture.
lol j/k

Nice job man.
I think light coloured grout might worked better, but still nice.

and change the curtain with something darker, coulourful. And a picture frame or small shelf above the toilet will pop that washroom even more.

LNXGUY
(Post Master Supreme)
02/04/19 06:08 PM

Originally Posted By: porschetr
I thought those were before picture.
lol j/k

Nice job man.
I think light coloured grout might worked better, but still nice.

and change the curtain with something darker, coulourful. And a picture frame or small shelf above the toilet will pop that washroom even more.

Light coloured grout gets dirty, there's a reason why I went grey \:\)

It will be staged before it sells, that's the realtors job, lol.

SuPeR-MaRiO
(Post Master Sr)
02/05/19 08:13 AM

Looks nice! How long did the process take you from start to finish and did you get any help?

Originally Posted By: LNXGUY
Is this your primary residence, the one with the redone kitchen or a different property? If the former, how come you've decided to sell?

LNXGUY
(Post Master Supreme)
02/05/19 08:21 AM

Originally Posted By: SuPeR-MaRiO
Looks nice! How long did the process take you from start to finish and did you get any help?

Originally Posted By: LNXGUY
Is this your primary residence, the one with the redone kitchen or a different property? If the former, how come you've decided to sell?

About 3 weeks. I had a contractor buddy help me with the shower surround and the floor. Gf and her kids have been gone for about a year and a half, I don't need this giant house all to myself. I will miss the garage however.

Simon_the_Pieman
(Post Master Sr)
02/05/19 10:42 AM

great work billiam