Big Tasty
(Post Master Supreme)
04/04/19 11:26 AM
Daily commuting annoyances

Each day I jump on the 401 westbound and then get off at the next exit and each day I see asshats messing up a simple merge onto the highway.

1. Merging onto the highway they will pass gaps in the right lane to take the merge lane right to the bloodly end (they are now on the shoulder) and then try to merge causing the traffic to stop to let the asshat in.

2. People already in the right lane will merge right onto the on ramp lane to jump a few car lengths to merge back into the right lane.

3. People taking the off ramp lane near to the end and then merge back into the right lane to again skip a few car lengths. As a result causes everyone behind them trying to get off the highway to slow to a crawl while they merge over again.

I'm surprised I don't see accidents daily because of this and the people doing it always have this "Wrong and strong" attitude like you should make way for them merging like idiots.

phoenixrage
(Post Master Supreme)
04/04/19 12:28 PM
Re: Daily commuting annoyances

those "wrong and strong" people need to be dragged out of their shit boxes and curb stomped.

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
04/04/19 12:34 PM

It's rare that I take the 401 these days in the GTA corridor, but when I do I start to question life. What a fucking way to spend your time on a daily basis I am empathetic to everyone that is subject to that bullshit and all the warriors out there driving like fucksticks.

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
04/04/19 01:01 PM

^+1 and +1

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
04/04/19 02:18 PM

it's bad enough on my drive in at 2pm, can't imagine it during the morning rush.

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
04/04/19 02:29 PM

Brampton.

'nuff said

BroKe
(Post Master Sr)
04/04/19 03:04 PM

Ppl driving 50-60 on dvp and 404 with about a 5 car gap and in the far left lane. People don't know what keeping with the flow of traffic means. There needs to be stricter liscensing requirements and mandatory retesting. I'd also like to see ppl getting tickets for driving too slow

furball
(Post Master Sr)
04/05/19 07:02 AM

My fucking drive to work is 1hr at 630am (to beat traffic)

My fucking drive home is just under 2 hrs at 4pm

I bypass Allen Rd, taking local roads ... If Eglinton isn't fucked, it's the Allen -> 401 Express ramp closure that just assfucks everyone when they think they got away...

Then the 401 fuckery begins... \:\|

It's the ass huggers that really annoy the fuck out of me. We're in bumper to bumper traffic, dafuq you going?

Since the accident in December, I've decreased the hopping from lane to lane... Need better Asian side mirrors too, I don't like the little round ones.

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
04/05/19 07:47 AM

Originally Posted By: furball
My fucking drive to work is 1hr at 630am (to beat traffic)

My fucking drive home is just under 2 hrs at 4pm

I bypass Allen Rd, taking local roads ... If Eglinton isn't fucked, it's the Allen -> 401 Express ramp closure that just assfucks everyone when they think they got away...

Then the 401 fuckery begins... \:\|

It's the ass huggers that really annoy the fuck out of me. We're in bumper to bumper traffic, dafuq you going?

Since the accident in December, I've decreased the hopping from lane to lane... Need better Asian side mirrors too, I don't like the little round ones.

move

phoenixrage
(Post Master Supreme)
04/05/19 07:52 AM

lol

55km for me, 407 > 410S > 401E > 427S > Gardiner > Jarvis/Lakeshore.

I usually leave around 7am, get to work a little past 8, leave work at 7 ish, get home in 45 mins if there's no game/accident(s).

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
04/05/19 08:54 AM

11 hours a day at work? Wow.

furball
(Post Master Sr)
04/05/19 09:49 AM

We're moving on with the Smiths and Jeffersons out in O'ville soon...

Originally Posted By: Screamin Type ARGH!
move

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
04/05/19 10:44 AM

Originally Posted By: furball
We're moving on with the Smiths and Jeffersons out in O'ville soon...

Originally Posted By: Screamin Type ARGH!
move

oakville? shoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot...

robbbby
(Post Master Supreme)
04/05/19 09:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Risky Business
What a fucking way to spend your time on a daily basis

I know I don't live in the GTA and that Windsor area is considered scumbag city, but I'd take this place over the GTA any fucking day. A traffic backup here is having to wait for 2 red lights. Fuck having to spend 1+ hours each way to and from work unpaid.
I've always wondered what the benefits of living in a big city are... inflated housing cost and good restaurants?

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
04/06/19 09:38 PM

Originally Posted By: robbbby
 Originally Posted By: Risky Business
What a fucking way to spend your time on a daily basis

I know I don't live in the GTA and that Windsor area is considered scumbag city, but I'd take this place over the GTA any fucking day. A traffic backup here is having to wait for 2 red lights. Fuck having to spend 1+ hours each way to and from work unpaid.
I've always wondered what the benefits of living in a big city are... inflated housing cost and good restaurants?

pretty much lol. i mean good selection of food/variation (but after awhile seems like all the same shit). back in the day i woulda said good selection of ladies, but they're all fucking snobs and princesses now that expect the world from what i hear. don't forget everything is over priced, but you can always find what you need. also there's competition for everything from parking to your kids sports/education to who has the nicer more expensive fucking shoes or stroller.

granted the vibe of being used to a big city is hard to leave, unless you've truly had enough. then again toronto isn't yuuuge if you've seen other massive cities where it's just fucking insane people/traffic. coming back 'home' it's easy to live here really.

hyper-s2k
(Post Master Supreme)
04/07/19 11:41 AM

Thank gawd I don't have to drive much any more. Go train + walking FTW!