Saskcivc
(Newbie)
08/06/08 11:47 PM
AEM or Injen Cold air or K&N short ram for my 07 si?

Buying an intake for my 07 SI, injen AEM and K&N available. Have AEM on my 1991 CRX SI and love it it makes such a rumble. Do i stay with AEM then? Tell me what you know, or what yours are like.

Design
(Post Master Supreme)
08/07/08 12:41 AM
Re: AEM or Injen Cold air or K&N short ram for my 07 si?

Short Rams have a reputation for heat soak in extended stop & go traffic; this includes K&N's version with the heat shield. Both AEM and Injen have returned positive results.

BlkSi08
(Newbie)
08/07/08 11:33 PM

Yes stick with AEM.... ;\)

Nooka King
(Newbie)
08/12/08 08:04 PM

i have AEM CAI and it sound mean when i get on it plus a good hp increase also. so AEM for me.

AX-NY'06Si
(Jr Member)
08/13/08 01:11 PM

Drop-in K&N FTW. $35, no installation, probably comparable power.

patsmears_07_SI
(Poster)
08/16/08 06:39 PM

There's a lot of people using a lot of different things. I went with the AEM CAI. Link posted is a thread similar to this and there's a couple older ones as well. Good luck with the decision.

http://forums.clubsi.com/ubbthreads.php?...rue#Post2741962

Robertw
(Newbie)
08/19/08 10:22 AM

Originally Posted By: AX-NY'06Si

Is there any real proof to this? I mean how can just a drop in, $35 filter give you around 4-5hp? Dyno runs?

AX-NY'06Si
(Jr Member)
08/19/08 11:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Robertw

Is there any real proof to this? I mean how can just a drop in, $35 filter give you around 4-5hp? Dyno runs?

I haven't seen good proof (before and after dyno runs with only the cai) that the CAI does 4-5 hp. I've seen dyno runs with CAI and headers or CAI and Hondata, or CAI versus stock dyno runs taken on different days, but legitimate testing of three pulls OEM, versus three pulls with the CAI, within say 30 minutes... that I have not seen.

The point is that the stock box already pulls air from the fender. It is already a CAI. With the aftermarket CAI you are gaining a smoother intake track and more filter surface area and losing the helmholtz resonator and changing the distance from the MAF to the Throttle body.

Robertw
(Newbie)
08/19/08 03:56 PM

I haven't seen good proof (before and after dyno runs with only the cai) that the CAI does 4-5 hp. I've seen dyno runs with CAI and headers or CAI and Hondata, or CAI versus stock dyno runs taken on different days, but legitimate testing of three pulls OEM, versus three pulls with the CAI, within say 30 minutes... that I have not seen.

The point is that the stock box already pulls air from the fender. It is already a CAI. With the aftermarket CAI you are gaining a smoother intake track and more filter surface area and losing the helmholtz resonator and changing the distance from the MAF to the Throttle body.

Is there a part number for the K&N drop in filter. I want to try it out this weekend since I have free time and will be going to the track the following week, weather permitting, to see if I get a better ET. Right now stock 15.1, maybe there will be an improvement, maybe there won't.

AX-NY'06Si
(Jr Member)
08/19/08 04:51 PM

K&N drop-in - Part # 33-2343

Robertw
(Newbie)
08/25/08 10:07 AM

Put the drop in filter in and the ass dyno did not notice a difference. Atleast I can just clean the filter instead of buying a new one.

Saskcivc
(Newbie)
08/26/08 07:47 PM

I installed my new AEM intake today Really impressed but not suprised thanks for the feedback.

Design
(Post Master Supreme)
08/28/08 11:37 AM

You'll probably notice a 4-5 HP spike between 3-5K RPMs. There is minimal gain up top, and many are losing power under 2K. The results are noticeable but not awe-inspiring.

Op, glad you like the intake. Make sure to clean the filter every 30K.

CMR
(Newbie)
09/01/08 09:10 PM

I have an '08 with the Injen CAI with MR tech. It sounds good, as far as power I'm not sure. Injen claims about 10.7 HP (to the wheels supposedly) and 11.3 ft-lb of torque or something like that for the 06+ si. I haven't really noticed a difference but then again, are you really going to feel 10 HP? I've heard with the 06+ SI's to go with the Injen over the AEM, procivic.com recommends the injen over the aem as well since it is tuned for a/f ratio.

Saskcivc
(Newbie)
09/02/08 05:41 PM

Hey another problem you all im sure are sick of me but i bought a comptech header and the guy assured me it would fit. its for a rsx type s and seeing is how they have the same motor i bit on it. Its wrong, any chance i can figure something out and get it to work. everything fits on it except the flange on the bottom is wrong but its close. can i just buy the pipe from an rsx and then the flange would match up or is my fate sealed???

Saskcivc
(Newbie)
09/02/08 05:49 PM

The guy will give me my money back so its not death. But the only thing is that i bought it brand new for 250 and i know they are alot more than that to buy from a store and even everywhere i looked online so id like to make it work but if it came done to it id rather bend over to get the right one then to bend over to fix the car for no reason.