killaj12
(Jr Member)
12/01/06 03:24 PM
f*cked up window .. off tracK ?

sup guys
my driver side window is messed up
i slammed the door while the window was rolled down
now when i try to roll the window up, it moves up and forward too
additionally, its rolling up on the outside of the rubber track, which is ripping up the rubber pretty bad

is this something i could fix myself ? the motor seems fine ..
i plan on taking apart the inside door panel today or tomorrow ..
do i have to remove any other panels ? if it is off track, do i have to buy new parts ?
or is it something i could just set back ?

jellydoughnutt
(Post Master Sr)
12/01/06 04:07 PM
Re: f*cked up window .. off tracK ?

yeah, you can work at it and get it back on track.
after you do spray silicone spray on the rubber

mike4477
(Newbie)
12/02/06 10:36 PM

Just fixed mine last month. Happens from time to time, not a big deal. Just do what lasjellydoughnutt said. spray the rubber guides with lubrication. lube it up haha.

killaj12
(Jr Member)
12/03/06 12:27 AM

word. thanks for the input
got it fixed
=]

Prophet925
(Sr Member)
12/03/06 12:39 AM

so lubing it worked or you did other things? i need to do mine too

killaj12
(Jr Member)
12/03/06 02:47 AM

my window was off the track
i took off the inside door panel and the speaker
behind the speaker theres a bolt, which i removed, pushed the track back, and reset the window back in its proper track.
was easier than i had expected

i didnt have an issue w/ a slow window, so i didnt see the need to lube up haha

adajio
(Newbie)
12/03/06 09:53 AM

window may have slipped out of tracks, put it back in and spray all the rubber tracks with silicone spray lubricant from the top until it runs out the bottom of the door. if that doesnt help you'll have to buy a new regulator. I bought a brand new one on ebay for $40, works perfectly.

00civicsiboy
(Sr Member)
12/03/06 01:15 PM

Sorry to thread jack but my passenger side window rolls up slower than my drivers side. Is this common?

Prophet925
(Sr Member)
12/03/06 03:36 PM

very much so

Napoleon3
(Newbie)
01/04/07 09:40 AM

Mine di the the same thing.

NYCivicSi
(Newbie)
01/07/07 08:16 PM

My driver side window gets stuck half way down and wount go back down without pulling it up how do I correct this...

TheRealBenzo
(Jr Member)
03/19/07 09:36 PM

I've got this fix down to a science. Unfortunately it's something you just gotta work through the first time before you can knock it out in a few minutes (first time took me like an hour and a half). If you need basic instructions send me a PM and I'll try to help ya out!

S13kid
(Jr Member)
03/29/07 11:14 PM

This is a common occurance with EK civics for some reason, mine fucks up after its wet for some reason, but is fine in the dry.

mbhonda
(Newbie)
04/07/07 09:03 PM

I use to have this same problem and I had become pretty good at puting the window back on track but finally I said enough was enough! It was starting to happen more and more and I couldent take it anymore. I took my car to the honda dealership and the mechanic knew of a trick that fixed the problem...

First off, my regulator was messed up because the window had come out of its track so many times that the teeth where messed up so that had to be replaced. The mechanic at honda explained to me that the window kept coming out of track because it didnt sit far enough in the front track. (It was just barely in the track which is why it would always come out.) To fix the problem FOR GOOD, he removed the bottom bolt that holds the front track in place and used a drill to extend the hole further towards the rear of the car. This allowed him to move the track more towards the rear of the car which made the window sit further in the track. Its been over a year now and it has never happended again.

DJ Nutz
(Post Master)
07/03/08 10:52 PM

Mine kept falling off track on my si finally got so pissed i just replaced regulator.

AvidAZ
(Newbie)
09/13/09 01:06 AM

Pull it apart and look at the regulator. This happens on a lot of cars due to cheap plastic parts on the regulators. BMW is notorious for this as well.

thedlake
(Newbie)
12/14/11 05:32 PM

yeah my passenger side (luckily) does the same thing