rollinburnout
(Newbie)
04/27/07 11:44 PM
07 si seatbelt reminder

I just purchased my 07 si a few weeks ago and the seatbelt reminder is driving me insane!! can anyone please tell me how to get it to stop beeping when the seatbelt is not hooked?

ReplicaR
(Post Master Sr)
05/01/07 01:00 AM
Re: 07 si seatbelt reminder

Put a seatbelt on.

Robby
(Poster)
05/03/07 08:53 PM

^^ haa right. save your life man!

austin843
(Poster)
05/06/07 09:11 PM

yea i didnt wear a seatbelt before i got my 07 SI..... now i do

hahahahaha

i guess its a good habit to get into

1999civic
(Major Member)
05/11/07 12:40 AM

jus get some ear plugs and plug ur ear up

FijiBlueSiGrl
(Jr Poster)
05/16/07 04:49 PM

buy the buckle at a junk yard and click it in...that all.

SiKaren07
(Poster)
05/17/07 08:24 PM

hello where a damn seatbelt...

Toy Slacker
(Poster)
05/18/07 01:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Robby

Just put it on. And at least the reminder isn't as bad, frequent, and persistent as the new VWs.

FijiBlueSiGrl
(Jr Poster)
05/29/07 02:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Toy Slacker
Originally Posted By: Robby

Just put it on. And at least the reminder isn't as bad, frequent, and persistent as the new VWs.

It actually is, and at least in VW you can turn that reminder off, just by hooking it up to a computer.

Toy Slacker
(Poster)
05/31/07 08:03 AM

Originally Posted By: FijiBlueSiGrl

It actually is, and at least in VW you can turn that reminder off, just by hooking it up to a computer.

Ok, excuse me... you can turn that off? Please offer details, my girlfriend's car drives us nuts, as soon as you turn the car on it beeps if you aren't already clicked in, and as soon as you unclick while the car is on it beeps! Please explain how this is done, I don't feel like Google searching it.

SiliconX
(Sr Member)
05/31/07 04:48 PM

This thread fails.

2skys1imit3
(Newbie)
06/29/07 09:05 PM

seriously...put your seat belt on!!!

FijiBlueSiGrl
(Jr Poster)
08/07/07 11:32 AM

Originally Posted By: FijiBlueSiGrl

Ok, excuse me... you can turn that off? Please offer details, my girlfriend's car drives us nuts, as soon as you turn the car on it beeps if you aren't already clicked in, and as soon as you unclick while the car is on it beeps! Please explain how this is done, I don't feel like Google searching it.

Yes in the GTI you can turn the seat belt beep off...you need special software...my boyfriend is an APR dealer so he can do it for you if you have a GTI...and are interested...you can also have the windows come down with a click of a button on your keyless entry...etc and etc...a bunch of things.

patsmears_07_SI
(Poster)
11/16/07 09:54 AM

Would be nice for auto x especially when using a _point harness since you don't use your seatbelt and the damn thing beeps all the way around the track. Junk yard I guess is the best bet for a replacement. Should be the same for all the '06+ civics I imagine. After this winter I'm going to check out the junk yards for one.

fiftysiguy
(Newbie)
01/09/08 05:58 PM

I don't have an answer but I agree... It would be nice to start the engine and then put on the seatbelt but this car has the most annoying sound I have ever heard! I disassembled the female end but there is not enough room in there to clip anything on the contact.

davecalgary
(Jr Poster)
04/15/08 08:01 PM

I tried asking the same question on this forum, All I got was a bunch of sarcastic pricks telling me to wear my seatbelt. As far as I know there isn't a way to turn it off without doing something dangerous(splicing the contact wires together)or clipping the seatbelt male from a scrap acr in

06_texas_si
(Newbie)
06/18/08 11:01 PM

take a old credit card and cut it into the shape of the buckle and click it in and dont worry about the card cause after ur crash u wont need it any more... but no thats what i did with my crx after i caged it and put harnesses in

V-TEC PWR
(Newbie)
07/09/08 04:07 PM

Pull out the fuse!

AzNslackerEzT
(Newbie)
11/19/08 04:57 PM

I just use the pass seat belt and click it in....shhh don't tell anyone i told u this.

CivicSi07
(Poster)
03/03/10 05:12 PM

my friends beeping cuts off after like 10-15 minns in his civic