Hi kids,
<br>
<br>Ok i have seen about 67898797 posts about dropping a 1.8 motor into a 99-00 si. And EVERY post says the same exact things.
<br>#1 WHAT DO I NEED FOR THE SWAP?
<br>#2 Does it go right in?
<br>#3 Is it hard?
<br>
<br>yada yada yada ...you get the point...so here it is folks...your very own damn sticky post from the lil heart of tom [image]/images/icons/smile.gif[/image]
<br>
<br>ok first off....THE BLOCK BOLTS RIGHT IN!!!!!!!!!! No you do not need different mounts. yes your hood will close without hitting (yes a person actually asked me that once). Yes you can use your stock 99-00 si ECU. Yes you can use your stock injectors. No you dont need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator (at this point your ass better have one already though) The car will start and idle just like it did when ya bought it....just might be a lil deeper sounding [image]/images/icons/smile.gif[/image]
<br>
<br>WHAT YOU NEED!
<br>
<br>The Block(duh!)- brand new oem R blocks with 0 miles can be found from several online stores and shops. I wont say where because i like to be fair to all the shops and dont like to play favorites. If you cant find a shop that sells it then walk into the nearest acura dealership, bend over and buy one from them. Look for like 2400+ from acura or like 2100-2200 from a shop online or local shop.
<br>When you get the block it should be complete. Oil pump, water pump, oil pan and everything should still be there. if they arent then simply refuse the block and send it back. They should be there. you pay for them.
<br>
<br>A 1.8 liter VTEC timing belt. a gsr and ITR are the same so dont worry. the 1.6 wont work anymore. but who reuses a timing belt anyways?
<br>
<br>A new headgasket. They are all the same price. Might as well buy an ITR one so all you ricers out there can say you have a Type R head gasket. [image]/images/icons/smile.gif[/image]
<br>
<br>A 6 pack of beer. Bud light is my personal favorite but thats me. Basically anything will work here.
<br>
<br>I am 99.99999% sure that a stock b16 header wont work. Its to small. But then again...if you are putting this block in and have the stock header then you also have issues. A DC JDM 4-1 header is a perfect match with this setup.
<br>
<br>And of course the biggest question of all....
<br>
<br>HOW FAST WILL I GO...?
<br>- How the hell should i know? lets put it this way. Going from a b16 to a b18c5 is like going from dating Bea Arthur from the golden girls to dating Britney Spears...Its no comparison. alll you guys that always say "how much can .2 of displacement matter" DRIVE THE CARS AND THEN YOU WILL SEE THE DIFFERENCES. Night and day isnt the word. Its so much more forgiving in gear selection. way i figure it a 2000 si with a GOOD DRIVER, a good I/H/E setup, Exedy clutch/flywheel (thats what i would use) and a B18c5 block is more then capable of mid 14 sec timeslips. Driver is the most important part of that eqaution though.
<br>
<br>
<br>THATS BASICALLY IT GUYS! there is no black magic to this swap. no voodoo here. Yes you can do this. yes you can stop asking the same questions 7946754967 times. (yes i counted).
<br>
<br>I hope this post helps as many people as the last sticky did.
<br>
<br>later guys.
<br>
<br>Told ya i wouldnt leave ya guys high and dry:)
<br> I also modded the other post as well....

Edited by MadtownSi (09/23/03 10:58 AM)