Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#261316 - 05/13/06 10:51 PM 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
sickyute Offline
Jr Poster

Loc: Florida
so before anyone dispute this i have the numbers to show! The numbers are corrected and are dyno jet numbers.
it was a hot day...like 90F give or take a few...shop is in pompano beach...there were many runs...before i go to my numbers please read..or just skip and go to the numbers...whatever

Anyway...a bunch of us went....3 Si...1 gt mustang...cobalt SS....srt-4
My mods are on my car domain and in my profile.
Other 2 Si...
1 bone stock!
1 SRI/DC e/elminated cat but stock header,hondata img
GT Stang...Stock but has a computer programmer thingy
cobalt SS...smaller supercharger pulleys, computer thingy
srt4....stock with mopar CAI
numbers for the above are:
-GT stang posted a 295-298whp can't remember tq numbers...right on according to the manufacturer of the computer program module

-Cobalt SS posted 234-238whp...again can't remember tq numbers

-SRT-4 posted 228 on his first pull....can't remember tq number...but it was spot on to another srt-4 that dynoed his car at another shop on a different dyno with the same mod...by the way that guy has a stage 3 going on in the coming week.

Now for the Si..
bone stock Si made 3 runs like all the rest....
first run was...

now the second and third run he romoves the air filter and uncovered the box and he posted a 193HP and can't remember tq numbers on the second...on the third ran 199whp!!!! and almost 150tq but his car leaned out a bit. so that made power for him..but everyone over there was absolutley shocked!!!!RSX owner was over there and couldn't believe it...but he said his car dyno's there and the numbers are correct...cuz he also dyno's elsewhere and get the same numbers as he does in that shop. his rsx by the way is very fast...has a huge turbo etc etc...anyway here is the bone stock Si's other chart...show's all 3 runs...

Other Si with test eliminated cat but stock header, dc exhaust, SRI and IMG went like this...
1st pull....198. something whp
2nd pull.....199-200 i think it was
3rd pull.....201. something and 150 tq...
problem with his car though was that he was running very lean and could not get any at the top...i don't have his charts...sorry...

My Si was running real rich...i only have one chart that shows the AFR...but the others were even higher...guy said i'd get a lot more if i could tune the AFR and so on...looking up for me... anyway check my profile. or my cardomain for my mods...I only have the chart for my 1st 2 pulls....i'll explain my third pull after...

1st pull...shows HP and AFR

2nd pull....HP and Tq...

3rd pull.....this pull was even stronger than the second...the curve was higher than the second from the bottom all the way to the top but then as the car began to run richer and richer as it went near the top it went flat and the numbers were right in between the first and the second run...the guy didn't give me my third pull and i didn't notice until i got home...looked like i would have hit 205 but then it went flat right about 198-199. anyway if there is a way to tune for that right now let me know!!

That being said...the Si is more capable than any of us thought and responds well to mods if done right...if done right cuz look how the first 2 ran lean especially the guy who eliminated his cat(real lean) and myself who was running real rich...but we'll get to where it's ideal eventually...i'll post the other charts for all the other cars when i can get them in my hands...

AEM CAI has been said to cause a hesitation/bogging about 4000 rpm give or take by hondata and others...it was noticable in the charts...wish i had them to show...anyway this is caused by a fluctuation in the reading of the MAF sensor....it's not getting proper readings because of turbulent airflow...so the car can run lean or rich in my case it kept running rich...seems so for every other person who has it...

another stock unbroken in Si ran 180whp and a can remember tq numbers.

all Si pulls and cobalt pull were 4th gear pulls....dont sure of the other cars...mustang was an auto!

now for those of you who dispute the numbers...i'd like for u to take me to a dyno of your choice and i will pay to prove to you that the numbers are correct..PM me whatever and we can do it...i feel confident that they are correct cuz a number of people were there and backed up the shop, dyno and numbers....the stock Si's dyno was very strange but after he removed the filter etc, leaned out etc...but i'll go to a dyno of ur choice and pay just to prove all numbers are correct...Si along with other cars.

so now let the wars start....

Edited by sickyute (05/13/06 11:51 PM)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216565 hondata reflash, hondata img, comptech short shifter, All Japanese turbo kit, greddy evo2, tein ss + edfc, progress rear 22mm sway bar, buddy club racing spec condenser, 4 guage grounds, honda performance battery, 225/40/18 michelin ps2, mugen oil cap, mugen high pressure radiator cap, mugen reservoir covers, hfp areo kit, fog lights, auto day/night mirror, passport 8500 x50...etc etc

Videos
#261317 - 05/13/06 10:55 PM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
cosmith Offline
Jr Poster

Loc: Maine
It's getting late, anyone wanna sum that up for me?

#261318 - 05/13/06 11:49 PM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
gizmotoy Offline
Jr Member

Loc: Ohio
Doesn't that seem high for the Cobalt? 198 for a Mustang GT and the Cobalt pulled 238? Am I the only one that sounds a little odd to?

#261319 - 05/13/06 11:52 PM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
sickyute Offline
Jr Poster

Quote:

Doesn't that seem high for the Cobalt? 198 for a Mustang GT and the Cobalt pulled 238? Am I the only one that sounds a little odd to?

no that was a typo error...i just changed it...the cobalt numbers were correct with his smaller puleys and so on....the GT however was 298 maxx...call it 300!!! my bad.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216565 hondata reflash, hondata img, comptech short shifter, All Japanese turbo kit, greddy evo2, tein ss + edfc, progress rear 22mm sway bar, buddy club racing spec condenser, 4 guage grounds, honda performance battery, 225/40/18 michelin ps2, mugen oil cap, mugen high pressure radiator cap, mugen reservoir covers, hfp areo kit, fog lights, auto day/night mirror, passport 8500 x50...etc etc

#261320 - 05/14/06 12:55 AM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
sfree79 Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Pretty damn impressive for not a ton of mods. I like what I see.
#261321 - 05/14/06 01:11 AM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
Th3On3 Offline
Poster

Loc: Montgomery, Alabama
aren't u the guy who posted greddy exhaust video on YOUTUBE??

the apartment complex looks familiar~

Edited by Th3On3 (05/14/06 01:43 AM)

#261322 - 05/14/06 11:06 AM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
sickyute Offline
Jr Poster

yeah i posted that...i'm in south florida though.

#261323 - 05/14/06 11:20 AM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
gizmotoy Offline
Jr Member

Quote:

Quote:

no that was a typo error...i just changed it...the cobalt numbers were correct with his smaller puleys and so on....the GT however was 298 maxx...call it 300!!! my bad.

That's pretty impressive, even. He coaxed another 30 hp out of that thing with little modification.

I wondered about the Mustang. Those new GTs (and the older GTs too, I suppose) are pretty fast. I was in one the other day and it felt much quicker than my Si.

#261324 - 05/15/06 10:30 AM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
Got-Si? Offline

Loc: Dayton OH
What year GT are we talking about?

I would say the dyno reads high but that is just my opinion. What are the cars running at the track because a print out really doesn't do anything for me....

#261325 - 05/15/06 11:15 AM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
06redsi Offline
Jr Member

Loc: Houston TX
Its just because its its a dynodynamics dyno, they always read allittle higher than normal. but those are still impressive #'s.

#261326 - 05/15/06 05:12 PM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
sickyute Offline
Jr Poster

05 or 06 GT...
don't know much about the dyno....but the guy said that it was dyno jet + corrected numbers...anyway i don't know...i just posted it up on here so people could make sense of it...cuz all i have is the word of the others at the shop who said that they are credible...people who aren't affiliated to the shop that is....
although it may seem like i absolutely believe the numbers...i don't and so i offered to go on another dyno..but i have a strong feeling that the numbers won't be much different...
after driving numeous other honda vtec equipped cars from crx Si to Accord R i know that this is a much more potent car than 197hp that's advertised. anyway...it's up for debate and that's why i posted it.

#261327 - 05/15/06 08:47 PM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
cliff st-clair Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Queens Village, NY
how does a 190whp car only run low 15s.

Those numbers are just inflated man. The Si on average probably does between 165-170whp. It it made 197 at the wheels it would have been 240 at the crank. last time I checked honda did not put the f20c in the Si.

Edited by cliff st-clair (05/15/06 08:48 PM)

#261328 - 05/15/06 09:10 PM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
mc1200s Offline

Loc: St.louis Mo
Quote:

Those numbers are just inflated man. The Si on average probably does between 165-170whp. It it made 197 at the wheels it would have been 240 at the crank. last time I checked honda did not put the f20c in the Si.

This post is about as ridiculous as your other recent post on trap speeds.
What are you smoking man?
Get with the program.
The lowest Si dyno I have seen has been at 178 whp. This is bone stock with few miles on it.
At gateway int. raceway in STL their trap speed is the speed at which you pass the 1/4 marker, not an average. Maybe your track is the "odd-ball".
The driver and the track/atmospheric conditions are the only reasons you see magazine times with higher traps. Primarily the driver.

#261329 - 05/15/06 09:46 PM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
TeamRedlineEBP Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Jacksonville, FL.
Quote:

you have to take into effect of the new HP ratings that auto makers are having to use now. it has dropped HP from anywhere between 5-15 BHP on all new cars, so the gap between the BHP #'s and the WHP #'s are going to be smaller.

for comparison purposes...................my old em1 bone stock put down 140whp on a dyno jet and was rated(using the old system) at 160bhp from the factory, so by using a 7whp/8bhp ratio a bone stock 06 Si on the old system should put down #'s in the low 170's and the new system low 180's

with that being said the numbers do seem to be a little high. a couple of pulls on a dynapack dyno would most likely produce more accurate numbers.

sickyute - your only performance mods are a CAI, catback exhaust, and heatshield gasket and with those mods to gain you 20whp seems too be a little high, but I would still be impressed with the car. odds are your car is probably good for low 190's WHP as it sits if you were to run it on a dynapack set-up

just my .02

Sean aka HarryPotterSi - Courtesy of OSM

#261330 - 05/16/06 12:19 AM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
sickyute Offline
Jr Poster

i'll more than likely dyno again at another dyno this weekend...i'll report back with the results.

#261331 - 05/16/06 07:06 PM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
cliff st-clair Offline
Post Master Sr

Quote:

Quote:

Get with the program.
The lowest Si dyno I have seen has been at 178 whp. This is bone stock with few miles on it.
At gateway int. raceway in STL their trap speed is the speed at which you pass the 1/4 marker, not an average. Maybe your track is the "odd-ball".
The driver and the track/atmospheric conditions are the only reasons you see magazine times with higher traps. Primarily the driver.

Whatever I'm smoking doesn't even compare to the shit that you're on.

Look, A 200-2002 S2000 dynoes about 190whp and weighs about the same as a Civic Si. That car runs low 14s to high 13s and can trap 97-100mph bone stock.
Explain to me how the Civic Si actually has 190whp and runs about one second slower and trap more than 5mph slower. I would love to hear that explanation.

And about the trap speeds, I've drag raced on 4 different dragstrips in my life time when I had my 11sec 00' Si. All of them used an average mph for the trap at the end of the 1/4. So I'd say using the average is the norm, wouldn't ya?

And what proof do you have that your aforementioned track uses the actual speed at the 1320 mark?

Let me guess, none.

#261332 - 05/16/06 08:11 PM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
TeamRedlineEBP Offline
Post Master Sr

one reason is RWD vs FWD, not saying it'll make up the whole difference in time, but
a car that pushes from the RW will typically run faster times then a car pulling itself by the FW

#261333 - 05/16/06 10:14 PM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
cliff st-clair Offline
Post Master Sr

Quote:

one reason is RWD vs FWD, not saying it'll make up the whole difference in time, but
a car that pushes from the RW will typically run faster times then a car pulling itself by the FW

Obviously, but it still doesn't explain the trap speed disparity. I mean, the S2k was just one example, but you look at other cars that dyno around 200 at the wheels with the same weight, such as a cobalt ss for example, and it's at least mid 14sec @96-98mph bone stock.

Doesn't take a genius to realize that the Si doesn't make anything close to 190whp stock since it has so much trouble to run 14s without any mods. Bottom line is if someone did dyno at 190whp the dyno was inflated. Plain and simple.

#261334 - 05/17/06 12:08 AM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
Corpsman Offline

Loc: California
It might be the dyno. For instance, my butt dyno had me at eleventybajillion WHP, but I am pretty sure that was high.

#261335 - 05/17/06 12:56 AM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
TeamRedlineEBP Offline
Post Master Sr

well i bet the gear ratios in the cobalt are shit and that is another factor you have to take into effect on the drag strip & also take into effect the Si gets the benefit of an LSD

it's tough to estimate a car's 1/4 mile time based upon it's dynoed WHP b/c there are too many unknowns on the track vs the controlled environment of the dyno

like i said in my previous post i think the numbers are slightly inflated............like 10-15hp to the high side

#261336 - 05/17/06 01:41 AM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
Sage Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: the middle of Howhere
Quote:

Great comback. I agree with what you're saying though. The numbers dont lie. A 2700lbs car with 190whp should not be runnin 15s

#261337 - 05/17/06 02:28 AM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
Mezri Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Quote:

Quote:

Great comback. I agree with what you're saying though. The numbers dont lie. A 2700lbs car with 190whp should not be runnin 15s

For one, the new Si is a 2950 lb car, not 2700. You are thinking of the 99-00 Si.

And for cliff, the 2000 S2k was a 2800 lb car. Thats 150 pounds, plus RWD, plus 10-15 more whp, and better gear ratios, and I can see a .8-1 sec difference.

Oh and comparing the Si to the Cobalt SS is misleading. Yea the cobalt puts down 200ish stock, but it puts out almost 100 more torque. So its got gobs more torque, and a 15ish hp adavantage and can only manage a half second better et?

So you might be right that this dyno reads a touch high (Id guess maybe 5-8 hp), but comparing it to the 2 cars you mentioned, and saying that it should be a 14 second car just because it has 190 hp, is not an apples to apples comparison.

"<cacutie92> you're like the 5th Maple Creep to want to spackle your computer screen today" LOL

#261338 - 05/17/06 09:19 AM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
SinFL Offline
Post Master

Test Vehicle: 2006 Honda Civic Si with summer performance tires
Estimated Base Price: $19,995
Engine Size and Type: 2.0-liter inline four with variable valve timing
Engine Horsepower: 197 at 7,800 rpm
Engine Torque: 139 lb.-ft. at 6,200 rpm
Transmission: Six-speed manual
Curb weight, lbs.: 2,877
Estimated EPA Fuel Economy (city/highway): 22/31 mpg
Length: 174.8 inches
Width: 68.9 inches
Wheelbase: 104.3 inches
Height: 53.5 inches
Leg room (front/rear): 42.6/30.3 inches
Head room (front/rear): 37.8/34.7 inches
Max. Seating Capacity: Five
Max. Cargo Volume: 11.5 cubic feet

#261339 - 05/17/06 09:32 AM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
06redsi Offline
Jr Member

the si does put down that much. here is my bone stock si dyno with only 600 miles on it on a dynojet which reads lower than the dynodynamics dyno. on this dyno a 350z puts down aprox 225whp.

#261340 - 05/17/06 09:50 AM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
Chadbrochills Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ocala, FL
Quote:

Quote:

Get with the program.

I think it's your track that's the "odd-ball". Every track I've been to uses an average for the last few feet to come up with your trap speed, not your actual speed at the time you cross the finish line.

As for trap speeds...why is it that a RH/cai RSX traps 98+mph meanwhile a i/e Si is trapping 93/94mph? That's a good difference.

#261341 - 05/17/06 10:39 AM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
Design Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: The OC
Quote:

Look, A 2000-2002 S2000 dynoes about 210 whp and weighs about the same as a Civic Si.

Fixed
89 Camaro - Sold
CSI. What's your diversion?

#261342 - 05/17/06 03:37 PM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
Monsoon Offline
Poster

Loc: Gardner, KS
There's 2 people who use dynographs to prove a point:

Those who are ricers, and those who believe anything they see.

Dynographs are the LAST thing to use in a determining factor on how a car runs. The numbers vary from dyno to dyno, and the dyno-machine itself can be manipulated to the owners delight.

Track time tells you what your car runs. Typical stock Si's are trapping in the 92-94mph range, which does NOT indicate anywhere near 190-200whp. It indicates, to me, the 170-180whp range like anyone that has common sense has said. A 190-200whp car will trap in the 97-99mph range. See any stock Si's doing that, lately? Hell, seen ANY Si's doing that, lately?

Use the timeslips for RSX-S's for comparison. They have essentially the same power and weight, and they trap the same exact speeds and put down the same exact power! Imagine that!

If dynographs are that neccesary, take the RSX-S average and subtract 6-7hp from it. That's factoring in the power that the K20Z3 loses courtesy of the balance shafts Honda gave in this motor.

Some of you guys absolutely crack me up with your comments. You act as if this car is the king of the planet, and as if there's nothing else like it. Hate to break the bad news to you, but it's an RSX-S with a different body and an LSD (not literally, but figuratively when you compare stats). This car will run the same times as it, respond to modifications the same way as it, and stay right beside it while you're racing.

Time to sit back, look at reality, and get off of your high-horses.

Edited by Monsoon (05/17/06 03:38 PM)

#261343 - 05/17/06 03:44 PM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
nyblkSI Offline

Loc: Yonkers, NY
LOL

#261344 - 05/17/06 05:01 PM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
06redsi Offline
Jr Member

Quote:

There's 2 people who use dynographs to prove a point:

Those who are ricers, and those who believe anything they see.

Dynographs are the LAST thing to use in a determining factor on how a car runs. The numbers vary from dyno to dyno, and the dyno-machine itself can be manipulated to the owners delight.

Track time tells you what your car runs. Typical stock Si's are trapping in the 92-94mph range, which does NOT indicate anywhere near 190-200whp. It indicates, to me, the 170-180whp range like anyone that has common sense has said. A 190-200whp car will trap in the 97-99mph range. See any stock Si's doing that, lately? Hell, seen ANY Si's doing that, lately?

Use the timeslips for RSX-S's for comparison. They have essentially the same power and weight, and they trap the same exact speeds and put down the same exact power! Imagine that!

If dynographs are that neccesary, take the RSX-S average and subtract 6-7hp from it. That's factoring in the power that the K20Z3 loses courtesy of the balance shafts Honda gave in this motor.

Some of you guys absolutely crack me up with your comments. You act as if this car is the king of the planet, and as if there's nothing else like it. Hate to break the bad news to you, but it's an RSX-S with a different body and an LSD (not literally, but figuratively when you compare stats). This car will run the same times as it, respond to modifications the same way as it, and stay right beside it while you're racing.

Time to sit back, look at reality, and get off of your high-horses.

WTF are you talking about? Dyno's are a great tool in deterimine how fast a car will be. yes some dyno's read different, but that breaks down like this Mustangs read the lowest, dynojets are most accurate, and dynodynamics will always read the highest.
for instance a stock wrx will put down 145-155 whp on a mustang dyno, about 165-175whp on a dynojet and 190'ish on a dynodynamics. Ive done alot of research and found out that a stock si will indeed put down between 178-188 whp on a dynojet dyno and around 190-200whp on a dynodynamics dyno. Their is no proof that the k20z1 makes more whp than a k20z3, so the crap about the si's having balanced shaft that makes them have 4 less HP is bullshit or mabye its the ballanced crankshaft and RBC manifold that make up for the lost 4hp, because every stock si VS stock rsxs dyno ive seen the si make approx 10 more whp!! the reason they have the type s rated at 201 and the si at 197 is strickly for marketing. The SI is fucking RSXS thats alittle heavier but has LSD and Type R manifold, AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

#261345 - 05/17/06 06:55 PM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
Design Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: The OC
Quote:

Dynographs are the LAST thing to use in a determining factor on how a car runs.

Last I checked, Dynos are pretty useful for mapping HP and TQ curves.

To your point, it would certainly help to make a direct comparision with an Si/RSX-S/etc on the same dyno under same test conditions. For reference, the RSX-S is 143 lbs lighter than the 06 Si.

Quote:

Typical stock Si's are trapping in the 92-94mph range, which does NOT indicate anywhere near 190-200whp. It indicates, to me, the 170-180whp range like anyone that has common sense has said. A 190-200whp car will trap in the 97-99mph range. See any stock Si's doing that, lately? Hell, seen ANY Si's doing that, lately?

Sure I have. Some are trapping upwards 97 and 98 mph. I think it's more of a case of owners still learning how to launch....
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?s=52e3d86f8565ec50f97525123f8f7285&t=383857

#261346 - 05/17/06 07:21 PM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
TeamRedlineEBP Offline
Post Master Sr

Quote:

mustangs read the lowest, dynojets are most accurate, and dynodynamics will always read the highest

mustang dynos are actually very wide spread when it comes to readings and dynapacks are the best of all

my old EM1 put down the most for any car at a CSI FL Tally Meet and I only had these mods:

ITR intake manifold w/ AEM CAI
JDM ITR 4-1 header w/ Godspeed Testpipe
Tanabe Racing Medallion Cat-back Exhaust
Crower 402a Cams w/ ITR valve springs
Re-chipped p28 ecu(mugen program) w/ kenji harness and V-AFC

I put down 193whp after about 10 pulls and only small fuel adjustments with the v-afc which out did everyone we had at this dyno day including a EM1 w/ a venom nitrous kit

this was all done on a mustang dynometer and was exciting for me when i got it done, but i know that the numbers were higher than what i expected. i never re-dynoed the car because the wife got pregnant and i got rid of the car

#261347 - 05/17/06 07:30 PM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
06simike Offline

Loc: usa
I know i haven't posted around here much...but i just ordered a FBP 06 si and a friend that works for a local speed shop called me today to say they were dyno-ing a brand new si for a kid today. The shop is RRev Motorsports in Portland, OR and the dyno is a relatively new dynojet that dyno's 750-1000hp supras regularly.
The si layed down 174hp max at 7500rpm and 133ft/lb torque max at about 6000rpm and drifted down slightly but was still pretty constant thru vtec to redline.

So I don't believe it! Sorry
Mike

#261348 - 05/17/06 08:26 PM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
cliff st-clair Offline
Post Master Sr

Quote:

Quote:

Dynographs are the LAST thing to use in a determining factor on how a car runs.

Last I checked, Dynos are pretty useful for mapping HP and TQ curves.

To your point, it would certainly help to make a direct comparision with an Si/RSX-S/etc on the same dyno under same test conditions. For reference, the RSX-S is 143 lbs lighter than the 06 Si.

Quote:

Typical stock Si's are trapping in the 92-94mph range, which does NOT indicate anywhere near 190-200whp. It indicates, to me, the 170-180whp range like anyone that has common sense has said. A 190-200whp car will trap in the 97-99mph range. See any stock Si's doing that, lately? Hell, seen ANY Si's doing that, lately?

Sure I have. Some are trapping upwards 97 and 98 mph. I think it's more of a case of owners still learning how to launch....
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?s=52e3d86f8565ec50f97525123f8f7285&t=383857

One guy runs 14.8@96 then on another run runs 14.8@93mph and you think it's representative of what the car should run?

First of all that timesheet is so fishy, how did he lose 3mph but still ran the same time and with almost the same 60' time. Looks like a timing error to me.

95% of the new Sis out there that have posted their times and also the few ones I've seen at the track are running like [Email]14.9-15.2@92-94mph.[/Email] Sorry, it can't be all bad drivers.

190whp should be a lot faster. The em1 Civic which is only 300lbs lighter would be knocking on 13s with that kind of horsepower. You know it.

Put down the crack pipe please and let's try this again.

Maybe the 06' Si typically dynoes high for some reason. The car might be a little bit of a dyno queen. Who knows? All I know is that 190whp means it should have about 230-240 at the flywheel and we all know there's no way it has that much.

Edited by cliff st-clair (05/17/06 08:33 PM)

#261349 - 05/17/06 10:28 PM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
gizmotoy Offline
Jr Member

Quote:

One guy runs [Email]14.8@96[/Email] then on another run runs [Email]14.8@93mph[/Email] and you think it's representative of what the car should run?

First of all that timesheet is so fishy, how did he lose 3mph but still ran the same time and with almost the same 60' time. Looks like a timing error to me.

There are other explainations, though, without having to go so far as to assume faulty track equipment, which I would doubt is the case. Say on one run he has a series of mediocre shifts. The next run he botches an early shift (but not the launch, causing the 60' times to be roughly equal), but hits the next shifts flawlessly. He has a higher trap speed due to the excellent shifts, but still ran the same ET due to his poor shift early in the run.

Completely possible. Likely, even.

#261350 - 05/17/06 11:47 PM Re: 06 Si dyno numbers...believe it!!
MR WRX Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Umm, how can someone who had an 11 second car not know that your trapspeed is your terminal velocity at the end of the quarter mile, not your average speed ? No 1/4 mile track uses your average speed.
Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Design, A_Mantis, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop