Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#2649500 - 05/18/08 07:18 PM Dent Wizard?
FijiBlu10 Offline
Poster

Loc: Miami, FL
I got my car back finally. I went out to play pool with a couple buddies and parked my car far from anyone, as usual. I come out and of course I have a brand new dent/ding in the fender from a car door, thank god the paint is fine. My car is plagued though! It was perfect for a total of 3 hours. Well I'm considering using the dent wizard but I was wondering if anyone has used them before. Any recommendations? Let me know.

Videos
#2650027 - 05/18/08 11:11 PM Re: Dent Wizard? [Re: FijiBlu10]
Ghetto2315 Offline

Originally Posted By: FijiBlu10
I got my car back finally. I went out to play pool with a couple buddies and parked my car far from anyone, as usual. I come out and of course I have a brand new dent/ding in the fender from a car door, thank god the paint is fine. My car is plagued though! It was perfect for a total of 3 hours. Well I'm considering using the dent wizard but I was wondering if anyone has used them before. Any recommendations? Let me know.

I don't know if the Dent Wizard from FL is the same as here in NJ, but I work for a Mercedes-Benz dealership and they do all of our dent removals and they do a great job.

#2650831 - 05/19/08 10:52 AM Re: Dent Wizard? [Re: Ghetto2315]
AX-NY'06Si Offline
Jr Member

Loc: Southern NY State
Yeah, they are pretty good with door dings, but bigger dents are more of a problem. Also, they don't come out great if the dent is on a sheet metal crease. Up here they were charging $25 for a single dent, $150 a side, or $250 for the whole car about three years ago.

#2651028 - 05/19/08 11:58 AM Re: Dent Wizard? [Re: FijiBlu10]
Design Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: The OC
 Originally Posted By: FijiBlu10

Like any of those places, it's dependent on the experience level of the tech. It's more art than science [/cliche]
89 Camaro - Sold
CSI. What's your diversion?

#2652543 - 05/19/08 08:33 PM Re: Dent Wizard? [Re: FijiBlu10]
INKMAN10 Offline

we use them at our dealership and they do really good work...well..the guy whos doing it anyway like it was said before...depends on the tech..i would rec. though
#2652906 - 05/19/08 10:21 PM Re: Dent Wizard? [Re: INKMAN10]
FijiBlu10 Offline
Poster

I found about 5 different dent wizards. 2 of them are at mercedes-benz dealers and the other one closest to me is a nissan. How would I find out who the best tech is though? I'm sure if i were to call up and ask for the best one they would say that they are all equally as good because they were all trained the same. They don't want to make anyone look bad. Well i guess I would rather go to Mercedes-Benz over Nissan though.

#2667948 - 05/24/08 07:55 PM Re: Dent Wizard? [Re: FijiBlu10]
bkarno Offline
Jr Poster

This happened to my car when it was 6 weeks old.
http://picasaweb.google.com/bobkarno/DentWizard

Look for someone who goes from dealer to dealer. Around here the guys are at Honda one day and Lexus the next. They travel around and probably do about 15 to 20 jobs per day. I wanted to bear-hug the guy who did mine when he was finished. I paid 130 and would have gladly paid double for the job he did. I would add that PDR is an art and some guys are definatly going to be better than others even if they both have the same experience. To that end, you may do better with a guy who the Mercedes dealer trusts than the guy at the Chevy dealer.

#2668238 - 05/24/08 11:52 PM Re: Dent Wizard? [Re: bkarno]
tobesi Offline
Jr Poster

woah, bkarno, those were some dents ...
#2668269 - 05/25/08 12:17 AM Re: Dent Wizard? [Re: tobesi]
FijiBlu10 Offline
Poster

I talked to the tech at Mercedes-Benz the day before I went and set an appointment up for a cash transaction. The guy did a great job and found another little dent and did both for 80. It was perfect he has a 92 Civic Si boosting 15 pounds and we hit it off. If anyone needs a connect for fixing dents in South Florida I got it so PM me and I could get you a great deal.

#2670788 - 05/26/08 12:32 PM Re: Dent Wizard? [Re: tobesi]
bkarno Offline
Jr Poster

Originally Posted By: tobesi
woah, bkarno, those were some dents ...

Sure was! The guy said it was right at the limit of what he could work out. And if anyone is looking for a guy in the Milwaukee area PM me.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Design, A_Mantis, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop