Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#394274 - 08/29/06 10:58 PM NOS Sneaky Pete System Questions
Slammed_am Offline
Jr Member

Loc: Old Forge, PA
Does anyone know what size jets the Sneaky Pete system has? I've seen one unit and it seemed to have a very thin plastic tubing for to line to your intake. I wouldn't really trust that, so I'd imagine upgrading that to a braided line would be possible, if so what size? Would -4 be good or is the line "coffee stir" thin for a reason? Since I'm aassuming it is a fairly small shot, It would be fine to just "bolt up" to a stock motor with out adjusting the timing and plugs, correct?

Also a WOT switch and RPM activated switch seem to be a pretty safe way to go. What would be the best RPM to start the spray and to cut it off? I was thinking spray from 3000 up to 7000rpm.

Anyway, I'm sorry for my ignornace in this here, so if anyone could help me out wit hthese questions, it would be geatly appreaciated.

Thanks

Edited by Slammed_am (08/29/06 11:34 PM)

Videos
#394275 - 08/31/06 07:58 AM Re: NOS Sneaky Pete System Questions
civicsidude Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: somewhere in florida
its either a 25 or a 30 shot, its very small made to do one shot for a quick burst at the track. not meant for heavy use.

its also small so it can be hid which is y its called sneaky

MY DVD collection

#394276 - 08/31/06 10:21 AM Re: NOS Sneaky Pete System Questions
Slammed_am Offline
Jr Member

Thanks for replying...yeah I don't want a big huge tank chillin in my trunk, but something just to hide and keep out of the way.

What about the intake feed line? Any clue as to if you HAVE to use the plastic one it comes with or can you upgrade it to a -4 or something a little more sturdy. I wasthinking maybe the line is so thin to hep regulate the size of the shot, but then again thats what the jets are for., I asume its just to keep things looking stealth under the hood.

Since its only a 25-30 shot, I suppose with a very small set up like the Sneaky Pete a WOT and RPM activated switch really wouldn't be needed. But since that so small, would you even gain anything maybe a tenth of a sec or 2?

#394277 - 08/31/06 02:43 PM Re: NOS Sneaky Pete System Questions
Post Master Supreme

the gain would be so minimal that it prob would not even feel like hitting vtec, a 45 shot is hardly noticable.

I personally would not use a rpm switch and never have, but i would always use a WOT switch with a regular on off switch, you dont really want to use nitrous unless you are wide open.

as far as the line, its also to help the shot last a little longer and add pressure, you could switch out the line but then you shot would last maybe 1 sec

to test get a straw and put a piece of paper over the end and poke out a small hole with a needle blow thru it, feel the pressure on the other end. then take the same piece of paper and put it over a cocktail straw and blow is there a pressure diference and did it take longer to blow thru the cocktail straw then the regular one.

MY DVD collection

#394278 - 08/31/06 11:44 PM Re: NOS Sneaky Pete System Questions
Slammed_am Offline
Jr Member

Yeah I figured the hose being as small as it was had something to do along the lines that you explained...just sucks that its so "chinsey". I've aso been checking out the zex kits...for a few bucks morethey seem alot more potent, and very nicely put together.

#394279 - 09/01/06 05:04 AM Re: NOS Sneaky Pete System Questions
yablargo Offline
Poster

Loc: NJ USA
The question is, if your looking at a 30 shot, isnt there something you can do to add comperable power with better durability/etc?
#394280 - 09/01/06 08:46 AM Re: NOS Sneaky Pete System Questions
Post Master Supreme

a zex kit would be fine at the lowest shot, and they are even decent at mid to high shot.

if your looking for a quick boost a sneaky pete is not the way to go

MY DVD collection

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  civicsidude, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads