Page 2 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#603013 - 10/25/06 11:53 PM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
A_Mantis Administrator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Valley of the Sun
Holy crap.......you got raped. When I first I thought you paid $22k Canadian....... and even that's still pretty high

For around the same price you could have bought the new Golf GTI 2.0 turbo with the 6-speed paddle-shifter.

For $25k you could have bought a new Mustang GT/WRX/Legacy GT/Maxima 3.5SE

Edited by psychomantis (10/26/06 12:05 AM)

Videos
#603014 - 10/26/06 12:44 AM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
Chazmanian Offline

Loc: colorado springs colorado usa
Guy makes up his mind to "Help-Out" the General.....And takes the time to share photos and pricing, and gets "Ridiculed"?

Maybe his justafication was that.
A.He got Heated Leather
B.Cool Wheels
C.An Automatic
D.XM radio
E.A Wing
F. His Own sense Of Pride In Ownership.

If you read his post he says 22K OUT THE DOOR.(Thats After Tax In My Book)

So he payed apprx $20500.00 For this car....Right?

How much would he pay for say an 07' Base model Civic SI?

More than that right?

Would he get Leather?

Or an Automatic?

For 22K OUT THE DOOR?

So maybe we all wouldnt pick this car...

Maybe I wouldnt pick this car....

But my local Honda dealer has an 07' Civic EX with an Automatic....Its over 20K

Did he really do that bad?

And maybe he likes Pontiacs?

First time I've ever seen one of those.....

That thing would actually be HOT with the SC and a Stick Shifter.

And with his injured foot and desire for better fuel economy?

To him that car is hot!

#603015 - 10/26/06 04:22 AM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
SlowKA Offline
Jr Poster

Loc: Pflugerville,Texas(Austin)
Wow..that actualy looks pretty sweet,congrats.

WWW.SUPERNISSANS.NET
1999 Platinum Gold Nissan Sentra SE-L 5 Spd
JWT ECU & Popcharger+Ksports Coilovers+SSAC Header+16X7" Sportmaxx 002+Cusco FSTB
2002 Aspen White Pearl Infiniti G20 5 Spd

#603016 - 10/26/06 07:27 AM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
90TGP Offline
Post Master

Loc: Ohio
Thank you Chazmanian and everyone else that didn't ridicule my car.

1. I like Pontiac's.
2. I don't like Volkswagen's, other then a 1stgen GTI. I think they're all overpriced girls cars. Especially when it comes to aftermarket parts and maintenance.
3. You guys try driving a stick with foot pains.
4. I don't like the look of the new Civic's other then the Si model. But the Si is over 22k.
5. 22k was OUT THE DOOR price. After taxes, title, and all of those other fees you have to pay.
6. The 2.4l Ecotec makes something a lot of other imports don't, torque. 163ft/lbs of it.
7. I don't have a need to buy a large car like a Maxima, or the money.
8. Not a big fan of the WRX, except for the STi model, and I'm sure that's over 22k new.
9. How many other cars can you get FULLY LOADED for under 22k?
10. I like my new car, it's not fast, but I have my Firebird Formula if I want to drive fast.
11. I think the Mazda 3 is ugly and I didn't want a station wagon. I could have gotten a new Vibe AWD that gets 30mpg city if I wanted a wagon.

#603017 - 10/26/06 07:35 AM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
tropicana Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Québec City, Qc
Quote:

Holy crap.......you got raped. When I first I thought you paid $22k Canadian....... and even that's still pretty high

Woah there. That car would have been around 27k Candian.

#603018 - 10/26/06 08:06 AM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
NHRATA01 Offline
Post Master

Loc: New York
I don't take issue with your purchase.

I do have to say though, at least with the old JBodies there was quite a number of differences in appearance between the Chebby and Pontiac. With the Cobalt/GS, they're carbon copies save for the grill and badging. GM didn't even try...

#603019 - 10/26/06 09:56 AM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
Z24 lol Offline
and Fuck you for the new name lol
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Lovely CONROE, TX! YEE-HA!
Quote:

Thank you Chazmanian and everyone else that didn't ridicule my car.

1. I like Pontiac's.
2. I don't like Volkswagen's, other then a 1stgen GTI. I think they're all overpriced girls cars. Especially when it comes to aftermarket parts and maintenance.
3. You guys try driving a stick with foot pains.
4. I don't like the look of the new Civic's other then the Si model. But the Si is over 22k.
5. 22k was OUT THE DOOR price. After taxes, title, and all of those other fees you have to pay.
6. The 2.4l Ecotec makes something a lot of other imports don't, torque. 163ft/lbs of it.
7. I don't have a need to buy a large car like a Maxima, or the money.
8. Not a big fan of the WRX, except for the STi model, and I'm sure that's over 22k new.
9. How many other cars can you get FULLY LOADED for under 22k?
10. I like my new car, it's not fast, but I have my Firebird Formula if I want to drive fast.
11. I think the Mazda 3 is ugly and I didn't want a station wagon. I could have gotten a new Vibe AWD that gets 30mpg city if I wanted a wagon.

1. GM is glad at least 1 person does
2. Goodluck finding aftermarket for a NON-LSX GM
3. ALot of cars come in automatic now, that are better than that
4. New Civic is overpriced also, Honda just finally realized they can capitalize on fanboys
5. alot better car than that, its called HAGGLING, obviously something you dont know how to do.
6. wow torque.. whoopy i make more torque than you so ha. other imports seem to do fine with less torque.. oh wait thats cuz they have better gearing than most NA counterparts.
7. you just paid 22 fucking K for a near bottom line GM model. You couldve gotten alot better car for that amount.
8. ok
9. see #7
10. thats good see #1
11. pssst the vibe is actually a Toyota Matrix.
12. Your still a dumbass for paying 22k for that car.

#603020 - 10/26/06 01:01 PM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
ewraven Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Dept. of Ruminant Procurement
Congrats on the car. It really does look good in my opinion. Head and shoulders above the old J-bodies.
#603021 - 10/26/06 01:56 PM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, congrats on a new car purchase.

I have a zero options cobalt LS, but I didn't pay near what you did either.

To be honest I'm not sure I'd pay that much for the SC model, after having owned the car for 3 months. It's not a bad car at all, but you'd probably have all the torque and what not you'd need with a 2.2L 5 speed.

Different strokes for different folks, hope you like the car!

#603022 - 10/26/06 02:38 PM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
Driven Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Taiwan - Digital Nomading
i have a brand new toaster that you might be interested in... allows you to stick TWO slices of bread in it at a time, it has a MP3 port, and has a three prong plug to ensure grounding.

for you, today's price only.... $3599.

or if you use the buy-it-now option, $3625.

#603023 - 10/26/06 03:35 PM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
FCobra94 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: MD
Quote:

i have a brand new toaster that you might be interested in... allows you to stick TWO slices of bread in it at a time, it has a MP3 port, and has a three prong plug to ensure grounding.

for you, today's price only.... $3599.

or if you use the buy-it-now option, $3625.

I'd be interested, but I know the Employee Pricing sale is right around the corner, so, pass...

#603024 - 10/26/06 03:57 PM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
nohondahere Offline
Major Member

Loc: Mentor, OH
Congrats on getting the car you wanted. If you are willing to pay X number of dollars, then the price doesn't matter. Bang for the buck doesn't matter either.

It sickens me when somebody wants to share something they are happy about and people roll in with their import fanboi and better-than-thou mentality and rips people apart for buying "dumbestic" "crappy GM" cars, complains that it isn't the fastest or best handling car for the money etc and when performance doesn't matter, they become metrosexual dashboard rapists. They should be happy you found something you like and wanted to tell about it.

FWIW last time I priced a new GTI it came to about 27k and a new Si was north of 25k
For a daily driver, the pontiac costs less, the ecotec is a nice engine and the parts to maintain it would be cheaper than the competition.

even my 98 GTI was about 25k new.
00 FBP Si

#603025 - 10/26/06 04:56 PM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
Turbo2OVJetta Offline
Post Master Jr

Loc: Middletown, DE
Quote:

My brother has a MKIV, it has an atrocious backseat. Worse than the WRX, but it doesn't make the WRX any better. Why give it a backseat only to have it be a penalty box? It's no bigger than an RX8, which is much better packaged. A sedan with sucky backseats makes no sense IMO. IIRC I'd prefer a Civic hatch or Focus hatch backseat for room to the Jetta and WRX.

I don't follow. How often do you have someone in your back seat? I have a 3 month old... so I don't see him out growing it in the near future. Maybe when he is... like 14. I could see it being a problem if I carted around 10 mexicans everywhere I drove or something but I don't

I can fit back there just fine and I am 6 feet tall... though I wouldn't want to be back there for more than an hour or so. If I need a big back seat, I take the wifes Accord.

And the RX8 is more expensive and a PITA as you have to open the front door to open the back (like if you are dropping someone off). Don't get me wrong, I like the RX8 but I needed/wanted a hatch.

Edited by Turbo2OVJetta (10/26/06 05:18 PM)
Yeah dude, you're like a fucking rock star rolling up in a stretch Countach with a jacuzzi in the middle and drunk half naked groupies with big hair doing coke off each other's tits when you roll on the set with that Si. - Johnso26

#603026 - 10/27/06 12:00 AM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
Chazmanian Offline

Can anyone post a photo of a brand new 2 door "GT" anything with..

Leather.
Automatic
Nice Rims.
XM Radio
Wing

For the $20,500 he paid for that car?

His 22K statement was out the door right?

Using 7% which is the typical sales tax rate. He paid 20.5K Pre-Tax.

Can anyone think of a new car with those options, In fairly legit GT mode due to having more than 125HP.....

With Wheels and an Automatic and Leather?

And Y'all are bashing the guy?

I thought this was a SI Vs All forum?

Maybe a good response to this thread would be to.
A.Post a photo of your car
B.Post how much it cost you
C.Prepare to be Bashed and spat on regardless of what you bought or paid for it.

Yes?

#603027 - 10/27/06 12:08 AM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
Z24 lol Offline
Post Master Supreme

Easy, RSX Auto. Much better car. Im sure i can get one with what he has if not more for the same price out the door.

Edit: and obviously you havent been in SVA for awhile since you would alreayd know this is a normal response for someone who paid more than what the car is worth

#603028 - 10/27/06 12:09 AM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Nor Cal, Hella hurr durr
How important is the OE wing or is that pretty much a deal-breaker?

#603029 - 10/27/06 12:13 AM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
Z24 lol Offline
Post Master Supreme

Quote:

How important is the OE wing or is that pretty much a deal-breaker?

well the wing will make the car faster, or is that an 06 si feature only?

#603030 - 10/27/06 12:17 AM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
ResisterGo Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Buffalo NY
Quote:

well the wing will make the car faster, or is that an 06 si feature only?

Well, the wing helps... but the main factor is the rake of the windshield. The new Si has a vastly superior windshield rake that totally pwns the G5's.

#603031 - 10/27/06 12:36 AM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

You can get an '06 nudstain GT for 22k + TTL, that's close enough to literally cry yourself to sleep, IMHO.

I know because I was talking to dealers in my area about it around a month ago.

#603032 - 10/27/06 12:39 AM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
A_Mantis Administrator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Valley of the Sun
Quote:

Leather.
Automatic
Nice Rims.
XM Radio
Wing

Can anyone think of a new car with those options, In fairly legit GT mode due to having more than 125HP.....

+1 for RSX auto
Scion TC. 160hp/155-160tq stock. Pretty sure its a 2.4. You might even be able to get one with the TRD supercharger for less than $22k out the door.
Impreza 2.5RS

or buy a 2.4 auto Cobalt for $17k (although they sell for cheaper than that where I live), wheels for $1k, swing by Best Buy for XM/Sirius satellite radio, buy a G5 grille on ebay and slap that bish on, and save the other $3.5k.

#603033 - 10/27/06 12:46 AM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
Impulsive Online   nohc
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Edmonton
Quote:

Leather.
Automatic
Nice Rims.
XM Radio
Wing

I listed about 5 in my post, nice job ignoring it though to back the new Sunfire.

Also, nice job twisting 22k out the door to 20,500. The price of the cars I buy "out the door" is car's price.

And don't pretend like adding up lame options in some shit combo makes it a good buy. OMG he got an automatic with XM radio and DEXCOOL! Find some other car to do that for 20,500 minus 1500 but the 1500 doesn't count.

#603034 - 10/27/06 01:17 AM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
CrazeD Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: San Diego, CA
Quote:

+1 for RSX auto
Scion TC. 160hp/155-160tq stock. Pretty sure its a 2.4. You might even be able to get one with the TRD supercharger for less than $22k out the door.

No you wont.

2020 BMW ///M550i
2018 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE

#603035 - 10/27/06 06:59 AM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
SEANSE-R Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: West MI
Quote:

Leather.
Automatic
Nice Rims.
XM Radio
Wing

Using 7% which is the typical sales tax rate. He paid 20.5K Pre-Tax.

And Y'all are bashing the guy?

I thought this was a SI Vs All forum?

Maybe a good response to this thread would be to.
A.Post a photo of your car
B.Post how much it cost you
C.Prepare to be Bashed and spat on regardless of what you bought or paid for it.

Yes?

Thats not that hard. A mazda3 s grand touring with a auto is 21k msrp. It could easily be had for less than 20k.

#603036 - 10/27/06 07:11 AM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
SEANSE-R Offline
Post Master Supreme

Quote:

FWIW last time I priced a new GTI it came to about 27k and a new Si was north of 25k

even my 98 GTI was about 25k new.

All of the above= Sure you can tart up a GTI to 27k. Why would you though? With all the options a fucking Mini is 60k! Does anyone buy one like that though?
A 98 GTI wasn't 25k either. Maybe 22k if you were dumb enough to pay full sticker. My 97 GTI loaded stickered 20,990

#603037 - 10/27/06 07:15 AM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

the new Sunfire.

Not hardly.

I've driven cavs and sunfires, and having driven and now owning the cobalt, I can say these vehicles are head and shoulders above the J-bodies. When I test drove the cobalt, I honestly expected to be turned off by the lack of build quality inherent to the J's. But honestly the quality of the build of the car is amazing, head and shoulders above the cav/sunfire twins. I'd dare say it was as well put together as a few toyotas/hondas that i've driven

#603038 - 10/27/06 07:33 AM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
Chazmanian Offline

Quote:

Quote:

Leather.
Automatic
Nice Rims.
XM Radio
Wing

I listed about 5 in my post, nice job ignoring it though to back the new Sunfire.

Also, nice job twisting 22k out the door to 20,500. The price of the cars I buy "out the door" is car's price.

And don't pretend like adding up lame options in some shit combo makes it a good buy. OMG he got an automatic with XM radio and DEXCOOL! Find some other car to do that for 20,500 minus 1500 but the 1500 doesn't count.

I didnt recall seeing any post where anyone including yourself put up "Five"? cars brand new with leather, Automatic, XM radio, Wing and wheels.

Acura RSX with same options:

Total as Configured: $23,364.00*
Destination: $670.00
16" Machined Finished 7-Spoke Aluminum Alloy Wheel $860.00
Rear Wing Spoiler $359.00
*Prices shown do not include taxes, license, and registration. Actual cost may vary. Dealers set their own prices.
MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $670.00 destination charge and options. Dealer prices may vary.

Ummmmm. Little higher than 22K out the door.

Scion:
Pushing 20K "Sans" the leather but close...Very Close.

The point I'm trying to make is that its not so easy to find a car with those options in that price range.

Post your whatever it is and it would be just as easy if not easier to attack and ridicule.

Take some pictures of your ride along with what you paid for it out the door....

See if you dont catch some "Heat"

Look I drive a 2006 TRD Tacoma Sport 4x4. I'm not in any way shape or form ashamed of my truck or what I paid for it.

Damned site wont let me post photos...WTF?

$28,300 Out the "Door". I'm in the market for a small "Sporty"? car to replace my wifeys 5 year old BMW.

And no she dosent want a Subaroo-Forrester. Or a Pontiac G5. Or the soon to be discontinued RSX.

Both of which are great choices...To somebody at some point in their car buying lives!

It will probably be a new Civic SI or god forbid the GTI she has begun "Lobbying" for.

Whatever it is I'm sure someone on this forum could.
A.Do way Better
B.Save way more money
C.Go so very much faster
D.Get way more chicks in the process
E.Sleep so much better at night due to their "Enhanced" car buying skills.
F.Get way more compliments in assorted Burger King and Wal-Mart parking lots.

Right?

In a perfect world would we all just be issued 4 door Corolla's? You could pick Black or White. If you are over 40 or have a disability you are eligable for an automatic tranny?

You drive it for 220K and turn it in at which time the entire vehicle is recycled and prepared to begin life anew?

We live in a far from perfect world...Thats why they build Subaroo Forresters and god help us now Pontiac G5's.

Go figure Huh?

#603039 - 10/27/06 09:36 AM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
Z24 lol Offline
Post Master Supreme

So i guess we are not allowed to haggle the prices with the dealer because the OP didnt?
#603040 - 10/27/06 10:06 AM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
FCobra94 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Quote:

Leather.
Automatic
Nice Rims.
XM Radio
Wing

Why do you keep pointing out these crappy features like it's some kind of revolution that GM introduced them as an option to their base model vehicle? Furthermore, "cool" wheels and a wing on a Pontiac are nothing to get tight-in-the-pants over, you dolt!

That stuff comes standard on most cars these days and for well under ~$22K OTD. I mean, fuck...even a used LGT is like 3 trillion times better than that heap and it comes with all those "deal braking" features you keep mentioning + Navi. Not a 2 door, but granted, all this bitching about rear seat room might as well lead you to buy something with more doors.

It's not like he's making some huge trade-off in power or handling, etc. when stepping up to a 4 door <anything> in comparison.

Regardless, I'm not flaming him, and I doubt anyone else here cares that much about what he does/doesn't do with his money, but the market right now is EXTREMELY saturated with cars that are head and shoulders above his decision so we're all just trying to figure out "Why?"

#603041 - 10/27/06 10:27 AM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
SEANSE-R Offline
Post Master Supreme

The key here is that he likes Pontiac. He probably didn't even venture any further than the Pontiac dealer when he went looking. He got what he wanted...Another Pontiac
#603042 - 10/27/06 11:33 AM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
90TGP Offline
Post Master

Loc: Ohio
I went to other dealers, all the dealers are down the road from the Pontiac dealer. I looked at VW, didn't care for anything. Looked at Mazda, didn't want a Mazda 3 wagon. Looked at Scion, the G5 has more interior room. Looked at Nissan, the new Sentra is an insult to the phrase "butt ugly". Didn't want a Neon or a Focus. Honda Civic's aren't my taste and didn't want to be just another Honda fanboy and couldn't afford an Si model. The new Eclipse is hideous on the outside and inside, has nice power though. The RSX is probably just as fast as the G5 in auto form. Toyota didn't have anything, and didn't want a Camry or Corolla. Hyundai has the Tiburon, but the V6 engine makes the same horsepower as the 2.4 Ecotec.

And if I was looking at used cars, there are tons I could have bought at 20k used. But you people still would have bitched and complained unless it was a godly Civic Si or Subaru WRX.

And for what it's worth, all G5's [base, GT] come with the rear spoiler standard.

Edited by 90TGP (10/27/06 11:34 AM)

#603043 - 10/27/06 11:39 AM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
Turbo2OVJetta Offline
Post Master Jr

Loc: Middletown, DE
Quote:

Looked at Scion, the G5 has more interior room.
And if I was looking at used cars, there are tons I could have bought at 20k used.

Eh, you bought a 2 door car and are worrided about interior room?
Yeah dude, you're like a fucking rock star rolling up in a stretch Countach with a jacuzzi in the middle and drunk half naked groupies with big hair doing coke off each other's tits when you roll on the set with that Si. - Johnso26

#603044 - 10/27/06 12:13 PM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

Pontiac Solstice
MSRP:$19,950

#603045 - 10/27/06 12:17 PM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
diku Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Houston, TX
sky for 22 steals the square.
#603046 - 10/27/06 12:20 PM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
FCobra94 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Quote:

Are you guys deaf or something!?!

No stock spoiler is FTL according to this dude

#603047 - 10/27/06 01:02 PM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
CrazeD Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: San Diego, CA
Quote:

Saturn Sky Invoice = 23k
Saturn Sky MSRP = 24,595 ..
With TTL, you'd be looking at just over $27k OTD.

To get a sky for 22k out the door, you'd have to get the dealer to come down about $5k off the MSRP. They'd be selling the car for a couple thousand under invoice. I guess it's possible, but it would take some good haggling.

2020 BMW ///M550i
2018 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE

Page 2 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  auxilary, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads