Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#6221316 - 03/19/12 11:20 PM Bolt on ITB Kit?
Desmo888 Offline

Loc: Citrus Heights, CA
Hello All,
I have been searching for quite some time for a straight bolt on ITB (Individual Throttle Body) in kit form for my 2000 Civic Si. All of the ITBs I have seen come up short as far as being bolt on. For example, what do you do for an air box connection to the ITBs? If individual filters are installed, then they will flow hot engine air - not good. From what I have heard, the throttle position sensor that comes with the ITBs are typically not plug in compatible with the stock ECU. No vacuum chamber is supplied for the brake booster or cruise control - I would have to MacGyver one up along with an air box connection? I have also read some articles on home made ITBs using GSXR1000 throttle bodies, but the problem is that they look home made. No offense to the home tinkerer, that's often how break through discoveries are made. I don't mind if I need to tweak with A/F mixture with a A/F controller to fine tune the ITBs, but I don't want to replace the ECU completely with a stand alone unit, as some ITBs require. Does such a bolt on ITB kit exist?
Thank you,
Justin
1993 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-7

Videos
#6265716 - 04/08/12 04:44 PM Re: Bolt on ITB Kit? [Re: Desmo888]
Runnin@Redline Jr Moderator Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Midwest Eh?
From everything I remember, there are no bolt on ITB's, ECU and tuning and COMPRESSION are needed to make decent power with them, plus a pain to get working right for a street car. Also, I beleive TODA once made some ITBs for the B18C5, so look around for a used set maybe.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Runnin@Redline Jr, Dr. BrokenLimits, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads