Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#6748635 - 12/03/12 11:21 AM Night Sweats After Intense Hockey Games - How to Fix?
Impulsive Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Edmonton
So I normally play hockey 1-2 times per week. I'm in good shape, so when I play, I'm often at 100%. In many games, there aren't a lot of spares and we have a 90 minute ice slot, so I end up playing a lot more than a normal regulation game would be. When the game is done, I'm soaked in sweat and definitely bagged.

I'm hydrated before the game, drink a liter during, take a shower, a liter right after on the drive home. I'll have a snack and watch a bit of TV while drinking another 1-2 liters.

My issue is, I wake up several times just covered in sweat. This is about 3-4 hours after I've played, so I should be cooled down. I also sleep with a fan pointed right at me. The first hour or so, I'm fine - then I wake up soaked. It's not from heat either as sometimes it's cold sweats. I'll get up, pee, drink a glass of water, and go back to bed and a couple hours later, wake up soaked again. Usually happens 2-3 times per night.

I actually have several blankets I use throughout the night so I don't sweat all over my bed.

So what the fuck is causing this and how to fix? This doesn't happen on any other type of workout i do.

#6748785 - 12/03/12 12:03 PM Re: Night Sweats After Intense Hockey Games - How to Fix? [Re: Impulsive]
Silock Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Jayhawk Country
No idea. Never had that happen. Talked to a doctor? Could be hormonal.
#6748936 - 12/03/12 12:52 PM Re: Night Sweats After Intense Hockey Games - How to Fix? [Re: Silock]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
have you tried drinking less? *not saying its the cause or answer but could be worth trying*

what other supplements or food are you in-taking on those nights?

I hope some of that game drink is gatorade or something similar.

#6749257 - 12/03/12 02:42 PM Re: Night Sweats After Intense Hockey Games - How to Fix? [Re: Euphoricuck]
Impulsive Offline
Post Master Supreme

I drink a G2 50/50 mixed with water during the game and the same after (1 bottle total). I thought about drinking less, but I don't see how that would help the sweating. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I dropped 10 lbs of water during the games, so I'm trying to rehydrate as much as possible.

No supplements out of the ordinary. I have a banana/protein shake/handful of nuts about 3 hours before the game and then a meal (late supper) after the game.

#6750425 - 12/03/12 11:30 PM Re: Night Sweats After Intense Hockey Games - How to Fix? [Re: Impulsive]
gamby Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: RI
I have the same thing happen if I have a day of fairly intense exercise.

Soaked shins FTL. \:\(

I dunno--I just kinda deal with it.

still have an EM1--go figure

#6751221 - 12/04/12 11:54 AM Re: Night Sweats After Intense Hockey Games - How to Fix? [Re: gamby]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
It happens to me when I shower too soon after a workout. The shower doesn't "take" and I'm still really warm after I get out. Fans and open windows do little to help if you're already going to bed warm.

I just wait longer to take the shower, and I'm good for the night. Try it?

#6751390 - 12/04/12 12:55 PM Re: Night Sweats After Intense Hockey Games - How to Fix? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Ares Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Atlanta Ga
 Originally Posted By: eddie_82
It happens to me when I shower too soon after a workout. The shower doesn't "take" and I'm still really warm after I get out. Fans and open windows do little to help if you're already going to bed warm.

I just wait longer to take the shower, and I'm good for the night. Try it?

Or colder shower. Kramer taught me that one.

#6751673 - 12/04/12 02:39 PM Re: Night Sweats After Intense Hockey Games - How to Fix? [Re: Ares]
Impulsive Offline
Post Master Supreme

I know what it's like to be hot as hell after a normal workout/shower, but this is happening 3 hours later and I'm not hot before that - in fact, sometimes I'm actually cold. This isn't the Costanza heat pump scenario.

You can't take a cold shower in hockey because most of them are like gym showers - push button/auto temp.

But either way, I play until 10:15, shower immediately, drive home (25 minutes). Watch TV for 30 minutes to try and relax, then get ready for bed. I'm not hot at any point. I'm in bed at midnight and with the fan on, I'm still not hot. I've woken up at 1AM without issue, but it seems to be around 1:30-4AM - I start to sweat. I'll get up, swap blankets, take a piss, drink some water and by then I'm reasonably dry. I'll go back to bed and 90 minutes later, be soaked again.

#6751687 - 12/04/12 02:45 PM Re: Night Sweats After Intense Hockey Games - How to Fix? [Re: Impulsive]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

You can say I'm wrong, or you can try what I suggested.

It worked for me.

#6751728 - 12/04/12 03:00 PM Re: Night Sweats After Intense Hockey Games - How to Fix? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Impulsive Offline
Post Master Supreme

I'm telling you, I'm not going to bed hot. I've had the hot shower, heat pump scenario before. This isn't it. I'm not remotely hot for three hours after working out and most of the time, it's cold sweat after that.

#6751738 - 12/04/12 03:03 PM Re: Night Sweats After Intense Hockey Games - How to Fix? [Re: Impulsive]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Okay.
#6756900 - 12/06/12 11:31 PM Re: Night Sweats After Intense Hockey Games - How to Fix? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
no answer but you arent alone(obviously)

http://www.coolrunning.com.au/forums/index.php?showtopic=14168

your core temp is probably elevated ..even if you feel normal.

#6785197 - 12/20/12 10:04 PM Re: Night Sweats After Intense Hockey Games - How to Fix? [Re: Silock]
Silock Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Silock
Could be hormonal.

I knew it! /CSiDoc

#6785740 - 12/21/12 08:42 AM Re: Night Sweats After Intense Hockey Games - How to Fix? [Re: Silock]
Impulsive Offline
Post Master Supreme

You think a hypoactive thyroid would cause this?

I'm curious how long this has been an issue. I'm also curious if it had anything to do with passing out since I'm guessing I've been this way for a loooong time.

I can't imagine have more metabolism would help these sweats, but we'll see after a month or so.

#6785961 - 12/21/12 10:03 AM Re: Night Sweats After Intense Hockey Games - How to Fix? [Re: Impulsive]
Silock Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

I don't know. I'm just guessing. Hormones being out of whack can do all kinds of crazy shit.
#6786026 - 12/21/12 10:26 AM Re: Night Sweats After Intense Hockey Games - How to Fix? [Re: Silock]
Impulsive Offline
Post Master Supreme

It does seem to affect pretty much everything...typical symptoms are weight, water retention, dry skin, shortness of memory, fatigue, constipation, bone density, potential heart issues, sensitivity to cold, hair loss etc.

I'm not sure if any of the above really apply to me or to what extent, but in some way, shape or form, I can find some relation to the above. Only way to tell will be how I feel after a month or two of treatment. I don't think my case is anything extreme or else I'd guess I'd have some very noticeable issues.

I mean, looking back, do I think my tough weight loss had anything to do with this? I know I'm definitely more temperature sensitive this winter than ever before. Memory seems sharp, though I find myself having light trouble finding the word I want to use (took me 20 seconds to remember constipation for typing above). I felt tired, but I usually managed to wake up and function fine during the day and I didn't have any real fatigue or sleep issues other than perhaps a bit of insomnia. Essentially, what normal people deal with.

Honestly, if anything goes in the right direction - I'll be stoked.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Silock, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads