Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#8547766 - 02/08/16 06:19 PM Headed to Victoria for the day 18th
OnyxEros Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Seattle
I will have a week off between jobs and the wife and I are going to do a day trip to Victoria BC. We are taking the clipper from seattle and plan on walking around and an uber if needed.

What are some must do or must eats in Victoria? We also like art galleries as my wife is always looking to pick up new pieces from local artists. I love to eat and she loves to shop so we want to make sure we hit the good spots.

Thanks guys

Visit Sponsors! Help CSi !
#8549149 - 02/09/16 11:01 PM Re: Headed to Victoria for the day 18th [Re: OnyxEros]
Lost^
Unregistered

I asked my buddy who lived there for 4 years, I went and visited him once but that was like 3 years ago so my memory is hazy on names of things so I hit him up and he said this:

simple things to do would be along dallas road and visit the breakwater and clover point, fishermans wharf usually has seals, goldstream park huge waterfall and train trestle bridge is definitely time well spent if you have a car. Fan tan alley in chinatown is interesting harry potter-like. For art, there's a place downtown called wolf sheep arthouse, theres art gallery of greater victoria which is a block from where we lived so about 20 minute walk up fort st from downtown. They can walk up Fort St and check out antique shops and the two auctions. Auctions always has interesting things including art if they have estate auctions. Feb 25-28 is tourist in your home town which is a dealio where you get passes to a bunch of different places

beacon hill petting zoo is always interesting to wonder upon walking through the park, peacocks running around and shit.

For food, if theyre coming from the airport there's a place called The Roost, 2 minutes from the airport, delicious farm food

Floyds Diner or Blue Fox diner downtown is a good breakfast diner. Floyds you can flip a coin to pay for your breakfast, maybe double or nothing

Hatley Park castle is out a little ways but its a castle at Royal Roads University I think XMen was filmed there, and its on the water. Need a car to get there

http://www.tourismvictoria.com/things-to-do/attractions/

Pig restaurant- pulled pork poutine highly delicious. They serve beer. Il Terrazo restaurant downtown for fancy dinner, never been but heard great things. Flying otter grill is nice pub with good food right on the water, next to planes.

-----

That's a decent sum of info, red fish blue fish is really good too, chowder, fish and chips, different seafood dishes. it's right along the water downtown. it's usually very busy. Wandering around downtown and through the alley stores you should be able to find an array of things to to buy depending on what you're looking for.

There's the Bengal lounge in the Fairmont hotel which is right on the waterfront, the hotel itself is pretty crazy. Worth just walking into the lounge to check out, or have a drink, it's ritzy.

Victoria is a nice spot to say the least. If you want any other info let me know and I'll hit my buddy up.

#8551832 - 02/11/16 05:19 PM Re: Headed to Victoria for the day 18th [Re: ]
OnyxEros Offline
Post Master Supreme

Thanks
we'll definitely check out the auction houses, given the exchange rate I will be disappointed if we don't walk away with SOMETHING cool.

#8554679 - 02/15/16 05:49 AM Re: Headed to Victoria for the day 18th [Re: OnyxEros]
Lost^
Unregistered

Haha yeah big savings for you coming up here, our dollar is hot garbage. Also, might want to google if uber is available there...I'd lean towards no as it's not available in most of Canada due to big stink over insurance and cab companies fighting to keep uber out.
#8556667 - 02/16/16 06:50 PM Re: Headed to Victoria for the day 18th [Re: ]
OnyxEros Offline
Post Master Supreme

Currently Uber isn't available in Victoria but it sounds like canada is warming up to them and ride share in general.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  JB, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads