Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#8656570 - 05/12/16 07:36 PM Anyone ever volunteer to work an event?
fuzzyduck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
I was thinking about stepping it up a bit after all these 5k's I've been doing. Number 5 for the year on Saturday. Planning on doing a 10k in the fall and then maybe picking up a mud run or something.

Spartan Race will be here in DFW in about a month. I'm not even close to being prepared for it, but I thought I might volunteer to work it. One of the perks is you get "free" entry to any race in the US. I say "free" because it costs $14 to cover the insurance (I think it's about $129 to sign up for the race now).

Has anyone here ever worked an OCR (Obstacle Course Race) or even a 5k? does anyone recommend volunteering? Or is anyone against it? Thoughts? Suggestions?

#8656898 - 05/13/16 12:14 AM Re: Anyone ever volunteer to work an event? [Re: fuzzyduck]
Sir Ironpool Offline
Sponsored by Toyota
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Long Beach, CA
I took about 15 of my scouts to volunteer at the finish line of the Angeles Crest 100 miler last August. We arrived at noon on Saturday and stayed till noon on Sunday. Having raced several dozen events over the last 6 years, this was the first one I volunteered at. It was an amazing experience and I got to see first hand how much effort goes in to putting on a great event.

#8977104 - 03/18/17 09:03 PM Re: Anyone ever volunteer to work an event? [Re: Sir Ironpool]
endo Offline
Major Member

Loc: Seattle
One of my friends owns and runs a lot of the 3/5k fun runs in the Seattle area. He frequently asks me and other friends to help with volunteering with course set up as well as running the beer garden. Normally it is tons of fun, and good karma for helping out.

#8977411 - 03/19/17 04:56 PM Re: Anyone ever volunteer to work an event? [Re: endo]
fuzzyduck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
I ended up working the spartan race last year. I worked 6a to 6p at registration. It was easy, and the day went fast. Will use my free entry for the Spartan when it comes back in June.
For working all day I got a tshirt, a sweater, $30 food credit while working, and the free race entry.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Silock, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads