Page 7 of 18 « First<56789>Last »
Topic Options
#8776744 - 08/30/16 02:09 PM Re: The future is now [Re: Smash]
HondaBilly Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Hinton
What's wrong with cross country skiing? It's good exercise.
Visit Sponsors! Help CSi !
#8782206 - 09/06/16 02:28 PM Re: The future is now [Re: HondaBilly]
Lost^
Unregistered

Alright let me see, I'll try to give info on places that I know or have been recommended. Things change every year I go back so always a bit of an update on certain spots each year.

Charlottetown:

Victoria Row - lots of good restaurants, patios, food/drinks. Right beside the city library and a few minute walk away from the harbour. Lots of cool old historical buildings around here as well.

Hunters pub - Good food, good beers, awesome service, the manager Steve Barber is probably the best guy when it comes to customer service I've ever met, awesome guy...bald and black rim glasses, if you go you'll see him. He just opened the beer gardens right across the street, the outside area is nice, good selection of beers, inside is nothing too special.

Gahan House - Old building, good food, brew their own beers which are yummy, I like the honey wheat and the blueberry. Very busy spot on weekends.

Water Prince corner shop - a lot of folk go here for lobster dinners, I hear it's good but have never been personally...which is strange lol. I prefer New glasgow lobster suppers myself.

Sims - bit more pricy, good steaks, good food.

Olde dublin pub - old school irish pub, good beers.

It's pretty hard to have a bad meal here, I could list off more but you can pretty much throw a dart at a board and pick a spot kinda deal and enjoy yourself with whatever random place you pick.

Victoria Park - There's a nice boardwalk built along the water, good for a nice walk and stop to check out old canons and there's an ice cream place open along the way if it's still in season.

Charlottetown harbour - lots and lots of knick knack stores, best place for cheap souvenirs and clothes. Various snacks and ice cream places around as well. Places to have food/drinks or to take a walk around.

There's a playhouse that will have a different show on each month or so, not sure if you're into that but it's fairly popular there.

Upstreet brewery - local microbrewery, can hit up their tasting room and try whatever they have on tap, they have board games and stuff to play.

Outside of Charlottetown:

New Glasgow Lobster Suppers - my fav place for a lobster dinner. You pick how large of a lobster you want, then it's unlimited salads, soup, fresh rolls, mussels until your lobster dinner comes, then unlimited desserts. Everything made fresh in house, crazy good. Busy spot though.

Richards Seafood - My go to for fish and chips, it's on a small wharf up by Brackley Beach. Their lobster roll looked awesome too, haven't tried it yet though.

Boom Burger - It's in North River/Cornwall off the highway beside the big Cows creamery. It's pretty good but have only gone there once or twice.

Deckers dairy bar - there's one in Cornwall, and one on the way out to Brackley Beach. Their flurries are awesome, like a DQ Blizzard but the ice cream and toppings used are better. Burgers, ice cream, anything I've had from Deckers is yummy.

Cows ice cream - Big one in North River/Cornwall, shops around Charlottetown, Cavendish, and where ever else. Great ice cream and waffle cones.

Not sure how warm it will be while you're there but in regards to beaches

Brackley Beach - White sand on the north shore, sand dunes, good size. super busy during summer

Cavendish Beach - Pretty nice, there's a boardwalk nearby with souvenir shops and restaurants

Canoe Cove - Probably my favorite growing up, not much of a beach to sit on unless the tide is out, grass area to sit on the cliff area above the beach.

Tracadie Beach - pretty busy beach during summer

I could go on but the whole fucking island is a beach

The island is tiny, you can drive around it in a day, there's lot of good random small restaurants in towns around the island, lots of nice old churches, tons of good places to take photos. Can literally drive around aimlessly and discover cool spots.

If the weather is still decent my buddy might still have his boat out, he'd take you guys out for a sail if you were interested, he lives out just past Montague, he's building his home/big ass cottage out there, still in the works but about half way done.

You'll find out pretty fast that the whole island has that small town vibe, everyone is very easy going and laid back. The driving is slow and terrible, people are over friendly and will do things that are illegal but it's just the way the island works.

Hopefully this is helpful, let me know if you have any questions about any finer details or recommendations, it's bit different for me where I just go visit friends/family and mainly just go to the beach and bbq where ever.

#8782212 - 09/06/16 02:32 PM Re: The future is now [Re: ]
Lost^
Unregistered

oh and you'll probably notice a ton of asians, mainly chinese, they've been buying up land and businesses like whoa the past few years. Every year I go back the more asians I see. Not racist but just strange for me as growing up there it was crazy to have one black kid in your entire school, now there's a metric fuck ton of chinese everywhere there.
#8782269 - 09/06/16 03:31 PM Re: The future is now [Re: ]
HondaBilly Offline
Post Master Sr

Nice! Good list. I look forward to trying a few of these places. Thanks!
#8783670 - 09/07/16 04:18 PM Re: The future is now [Re: HondaBilly]
Lost^
Unregistered

No prob, hope you enjoy the trip. I'll prob only go for a long weekend trip next year, gf only gets 2 weeks vacation so going to go to van island next year instead to visit some of her family for a wedding anniversary of her cousins.

Booked a trip to Kauai in January airfare was dirt cheap and rented a house I found off VRBO for a good price split between myself and a buddy who he and his wife are coming with us. Something to look forward to once it gets real cold

#8798702 - 09/23/16 01:42 PM Re: The future is now [Re: ]
Lost^
Unregistered

Can't wait to be home. My body hates me. I miss my bed.
#8799473 - 09/24/16 09:34 AM Re: The future is now [Re: ]
Smash Offline
Ask me about my max payload!
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Where you drinking this weekend?

#8799995 - 09/24/16 11:17 PM Re: The future is now [Re: Smash]
Lost^
Unregistered

Was in New Orleans all week, too much drinking
#8807652 - 10/03/16 10:21 AM Re: The future is now [Re: ]
HondaBilly Offline
Post Master Sr

I'm back! Thanks again for the list. It came in handy. We had a great time and want to go back. PEI is so nice! It sucks that it rained most of our trip, but we got some good days on the beach. Not warm enough for swimming and it was super windy, but still nice. Brackley is awesome. I drank everything Gahan could offer. We played pool at Dooly's in Downtown Charlottetown. It looked sketchy as fuck, but the drinks were super cheap and the pool table was in good shape. The food was amazing. Our favorite meal of the trip was easily the Blue Mussel Cafe. Their lobster roll was awesome.

We partook in a New Glasgow Lobster supper. I loved it. My wife not so much. She likes lobster, but the tearing it apart did not sit well. I ate most of her lobster too.

As much as we wanted to, we didn't eat anything from Cow's. I'm lactose intolerant, so ice cream is a big nope, and they couldn't guarantee that nothing was gluten contaminated so the wife couldn't try it either. I was sad for her.

We drove everywhere. We had a Buick Verano (garbage) and put 3200 kms + on it. We saw almost the whole island, most of Nova Scotia and Cape Breton and a little bit of New Brunswick. We definitely want to go back.

#8807750 - 10/03/16 11:44 AM Re: The future is now [Re: HondaBilly]
Lost^
Unregistered

Sweet, glad you guys had a good time. PEI is pretty awesome, very beautiful. I'd recommend going mid July to mid August if you want good beach weather if you guys decide to go back. But for a nice vacation spot within Canada, that's not crazy expensive, PEI is the place to go imo. It's nice to be able to enjoy white sand and dunes in the north, and regular red sand everywhere else.

Ahhh Dooly's lol, used to go there when I was younger, there's a big empty building to the left of it, that was a club called Myrons, what a shit show that place was when it was open.

Knew you would enjoy the food, like I said it's pretty hard to not have a good meal there. Yeahhhhh I can understand the not digging tearing apart a lobster, not for everyone, bit of work as well but I like doing it. It's like that just about everywhere if you go for a full lobster meal though. New Glasgows food is just so good, always leave hella stuffed.

Did you guys get the small town feel? Might have been different for you guys since I'll be hanging in random small towns with friends/family.

Not sure if you guys went to Fort Amherst, not that there's much to see/do but that area is where I grew up, in Rocky Point. 5-10 min drive outside of Cornwall.

#8807783 - 10/03/16 12:08 PM Re: The future is now [Re: ]
HondaBilly Offline
Post Master Sr

Definitely got the small town vibe. We noticed that everyone there is just so much nicer that Alberta. Same in Nova Scotia. It's hard to get used to at first because you just assume they want something in return, but they don't. We want to go back. I would take my bike and ride the Confederation trail all over the island. Summer would be ideal but neither of us will be getting prime time holidays for at least 10 years with our jobs. The seniority ladder is a steep climb.

It's funny though, we were in both areas when a ton of Cruise ships were going through. A lot of the times it was us mixed in with a bus load of retirees doing a lot of the same stuff. We got a few odd looks.

Pretty sure I gained 15lbs with all the lobster rolls I ate. If it was on the menu, I got it. And they are all different.

We got pretty lucky with a lot of things though. All the seasonal stuff was starting to close down or had a week left. Worked out though, we got cheap accommodations all over.

#8809118 - 10/04/16 02:19 PM Re: The future is now [Re: HondaBilly]
Lost^
Unregistered

lol yeah, everyone is nice and wants to chat your ear off.

Shitty you won't be able to hit it up during prime season, but like you said you can get good deals on accommodations and even clothing/souvenirs.

Definitely don't care for PST/HST though, but who knows, with the future of Alberta's taxes going through the roof maybe it won't even matter in comparison.

Will be in Edmonton next weekend to hit up the Kanye concert, will be cool to check out the new arena, but i'll be booing anything Oilers I see....boooo...booooo....

#8809590 - 10/05/16 07:32 AM Re: The future is now [Re: ]
HondaBilly Offline
Post Master Sr

Nice! I'm looking forward to my first visit there too. Should be neat to see. Only way I'll get there is Oil Kings tickets though.
#8809599 - 10/05/16 08:07 AM Re: The future is now [Re: HondaBilly]
Lost^
Unregistered

I've been looking on kijiji the past week for opening night tickets here and everything is literally double the cost of face value, which is straight laughable. Shitty second bowl seats for ~$140 or even press level going for ~$100-110. I'll assume prices will be normal as the season goes on, hopefully.
#8809699 - 10/05/16 10:40 AM Re: The future is now [Re: ]
Helmer86 Offline
Post Master

Loc: Alberta
I hear the Oilers are winning the Cup again this year

#8809728 - 10/05/16 11:14 AM Re: The future is now [Re: Helmer86]
HondaBilly Offline
Post Master Sr

If not this year, maybe next year.
#8810423 - 10/05/16 09:02 PM Re: The future is now [Re: HondaBilly]
Smash Offline
Post Master Supreme

Fuck that shit, the leafs are winning the cup. Well maybe not this year, but before Calgary anyways!

Coilers got a chance with McDavid. Lets see if they can get some defense and goal tending.

#8810743 - 10/06/16 11:42 AM Re: The future is now [Re: Smash]
Lost^
Unregistered

Flames will make the playoffs this year.

Every year the oilers should get better, but they don't. To which I'm more than ok with but this year they should actually be better....should be.... Canucks will be mediocre.

#8811028 - 10/06/16 03:01 PM Re: The future is now [Re: ]
HondaBilly Offline
Post Master Sr

As long as Detroit keeps making the playoffs, I'm happy. Now that they are in the East, it's even harder to watch the games though.
#8811387 - 10/06/16 07:32 PM Re: The future is now [Re: HondaBilly]
Smash Offline
Post Master Supreme

MOOF YOU'RE FUCKING DEAD.

and this is the year Detroit misses the playoffs. The streak had to end sometime.

#8811574 - 10/06/16 09:29 PM Re: The future is now [Re: Smash]
Lost^
Unregistered

^ dirty habs fan

shoulda known you were a frog

#8812013 - 10/07/16 12:22 PM Re: The future is now [Re: ]
Lost^
Unregistered

I was expecting snow around Halloween, not the first week of October. fuuuuuuuuuu
#8812037 - 10/07/16 12:36 PM Re: The future is now [Re: ]
Smash Offline
Post Master Supreme

It's all Moofs fault. Well 2 years ago we got snow on sept 11th. 2 feet of snow. Then we didnt get snow until December. Im not worried about seeing snow. I'll be worried if in 2 weeks its still here.

#8812192 - 10/07/16 03:01 PM Re: The future is now [Re: Smash]
HondaBilly Offline
Post Master Sr

I am not interested in snow until all the trees have shed their leaves. Otherwise it just makes my yard a mess in the spring.
#8812196 - 10/07/16 03:06 PM Re: The future is now [Re: HondaBilly]
Helmer86 Offline
Post Master

Loc: Alberta
I was still hoping to mow one last time. ah well

#8820935 - 10/17/16 02:13 PM Re: The future is now [Re: Helmer86]
Lost^
Unregistered

I have concluded Edmonton is too cold for my liking. Rogers place is pretty nice though.
#8821015 - 10/17/16 03:29 PM Re: The future is now [Re: ]
Smash Offline
Post Master Supreme

its funny how 300km can make such a difference. Being closer to the mountains helps as well.

How about mah boy Mathews! BOOOOO YA!!! Mitch Marner aint lookin to shabby either playing with bozak and JVR.

#8822151 - 10/18/16 03:27 PM Re: The future is now [Re: Smash]
Lost^
Unregistered

Yeahhhhh Auston will most likely be a star, rest of the young supporting cast should pan out well. Leafs should be decent in a couple seasons.

Flames are a garbage fire right now, new coach, new system, our top line had one day of practice together before the season started, so go figure the Flames are trash. Need to wait for things to start clicking.

#8828036 - 10/24/16 12:01 PM Re: The future is now [Re: ]
Moof Offline
Mounts the residents
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadia
Fart.

#8828693 - 10/24/16 10:27 PM Re: The future is now [Re: Moof]
Smash Offline
Post Master Supreme

Change my fucking sig or im driving out to give you a whoopin ya lil prick.

edit: change it back to what it was.

Edited by Pynch (10/24/16 10:28 PM)

#8835570 - 10/31/16 10:40 AM Re: The future is now [Re: Smash]
Lost^
Unregistered

All Baker Hughes base are belong to GE.

Next year will be a busy one

#8840543 - 11/04/16 09:24 AM Re: The future is now [Re: ]
Smash Offline
Post Master Supreme

Judging by my sig someone wants a kick in the nuts for his birthday

#8840611 - 11/04/16 10:17 AM Re: The future is now [Re: Smash]
Moof Offline
Mounts the residents
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadia
Sorry, but the member you are trying to contact is not in service. Please try again later.

Butthole.

#8840804 - 11/04/16 11:53 AM Re: The future is now [Re: Moof]
Lost^
Unregistered

Pynch is such a typical frenchie
#8842964 - 11/07/16 11:53 AM Re: The future is now [Re: ]
Smash Offline
Post Master Supreme

Happy Birthday Moof, you dirty pirate hooker.

Page 7 of 18 « First<56789>Last »

Moderator:  Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads