Page all of 8 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#9110708 - 08/20/17 07:39 PM Luxo SUV options,negotiation approach? > '18 Q5 & '17Qashqai
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
So the S/O is in the market to buy a luxo SUV in about 3 mths... It's been awhile since I've purchased a new vehicle, so it's time to edumacate me...

[Wants]
- SUV, as she likes to be 'high-up', and doesn't like sedans or wagons.
- AWD
- HIDs/LEDs (my want, not hers)
- bells and whistles such as stability control, auto-braking, lane-assist, etc.
- back-up camera, 360 degree camera, etc.
- folding rear seats would be nice (kinda expected?)
- preferably regular gas and/or hybrid ... (kinda contradicts a luxo SUV, but the RX350 fits that bill...)
*** Likely be leasing 3 yrs, likely a trade-in, and we are wallet mechanics.

[Options]
a) Lexus RX350 w/Luxury package MSRP $63500
- AWD, luxo options, regular gas!
- moonroof kinda small... Pano glass roof only avail on RX450H + package

b) Porsche Cayenne ???
- S/O's 'dream car' ... If this, I suggested to her to also at least see the Touareg (same platform, but fatter pig.)
- Haven't looked at packages yes, but so many damned variations
- Was informed there's likely 6+ mth wait for your order, unless you buy what's in the lot...
- I'm already thinking this is off the list, but will likely test drive/sit in it to satisfy her dreams.

c) Porsche Macan?
- Again, haven't looked at it yet. Likely too 'small' for her?

d) Volvo XC90 (/XC60 as well?)
- She mentioned she doesn't like how it looks, so that's kinda out

e) Acura MDX
- Looked at it, sat in the 3rd row... Didn't like it for some reason, but still a likely contention...

f) Tesla model X
- Haven't even considered it, but I'm guessing massive waiting list
- The whole charging-at-home thing likely won't be an ideal setup for where we are now, so this is out
- She contemplated a Model S, but only for the cool factor + tree-hugger reasons...

[Approach]
- How do people do this stuff again nowadays?
- Car Cost Canada/APA 'dealer invoice' pricing, shop that around via email/fax/phone, find lowest price?
- While shopping for lowest price, DO NOT tell them you're leasing vs finance, or trade-in?
- Once finalized price, spring them on trade-in value?
- Once finalized on final price + trade-in, then spring it on them we're going leasing option?

Lexus also has the concept of a 'security' deposit ... To which you basically give them an interest-free 'loan' to lower the price of your vehicle cost, and they return the money back to you at end of lease... I think this is more beneficial to them than you...?

Lexus also asked whether the trade-in vehicle is paid off... If we trade-in, do we always have to pay it off first, or can they 'deal' with all the paperwork associated with that, or?

S/O is kind hands-off on this... I'd prefer we're not taken in for newbs on the whole ordeal...

Advice would be great.

For future reference: https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/globe-d...rticle22062170/

For my reference: 'Unhaggle' team running a thread on RFD for 'invoice cost' ...

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/request-...rs-1254621/700/

Edited by furball (10/20/17 01:05 PM)

#9110715 - 08/20/17 07:50 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
Do you have a moment to talk about Miata?
#9110726 - 08/20/17 08:01 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

OP have you considered checking prices for all of your options, they vary quite a bit. Probably start there or just get a Range Rover and call it.
#9110729 - 08/20/17 08:07 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Risky Business]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

Wife and I both really like our MDX.
#9110754 - 08/20/17 08:52 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: The Postman]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
It's a lease, they are all regular gas lol

#9110785 - 08/20/17 09:52 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Risky Business]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Yes, quite the range ... And again, not something she's looked into, so it's my job to get into the nitty gritty... I'm thinking the Cayenne is out, considering all the things she 'thinks' is part of the base models, but actually aren't. (example: Macan's can be had with halogen headlights wtf )

To get the monthly lease payments she 'thinks' she can do, require massive down payments, which ... are just fuuuucked... I mean, it's ... a downpayment. That money vanishes into the ether and you never get it back...

Originally Posted By: Risky Business
OP have you considered checking prices for all of your options, they vary quite a bit. Probably start there or just get a Range Rover and call it.

Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles
It's a lease, they are all regular gas lol

... Hah...never really thought about this. If it ain't acting sluggish or throwing a code, we'll use 87 if it works I guess?

Edited by furball (08/20/17 09:59 PM)

#9110856 - 08/21/17 12:11 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

What is your budget? You're all over the place. It's like shopping for a 911 or a Ferrari la Ferrari...

Does it need to be new, all these suv's depreciate like a rock. Like the cayenne no point buying new as a replacement is due so might as find a CPO. Everyone knows how I feel about Acura, when one spending this kind of money Acura just doesn't cut it. Still feels like a dressed up Honda.

If leasing NEVER put money down.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9110955 - 08/21/17 08:12 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
 Originally Posted By: Hatorade
What is your budget? You're all over the place. It's like shopping for a 911 or a Ferrari la Ferrari...

Does it need to be new, all these suv's depreciate like a rock. Like the cayenne no point buying new as a replacement is due so might as find a CPO. Everyone knows how I feel about Acura, when one spending this kind of money Acura just doesn't cut it. Still feels like a dressed up Honda.

If leasing NEVER put money down.

^ - well i know for 'next gen' acuras like 2020 tlx they will really step away from that idea. ie. tlx will not be like the accord per say. i think in the trucks with shared platform it's more common though...curious if they try and separate the level a bit. mdx is a sweet truck vs. "just a pilot" but jeez with the new pilot and how it is, no need for an mdx lol.

btw, i think all newer acuras as "premium recommended" only now. not a must. mind you in winter at least it'd prob be better to run 91.

lexus...zzzzzzzzz

zeegerman trucks you best have warranty. i'd trust the porsche over the bimmer/benz units even, not sure about the audi Q series. saw a new 2017 Q7...back is ugly as usual, looks like a sad robot face again.

she doesn't like the volvos?! shit man i drove a new xc90 and it'd prob be my FIRST choice on your list lol.

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9111069 - 08/21/17 09:59 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

I was looking at that but I don't really need a 3rd row seat.

c) Porsche Macan?
There's no trunk in that thing. It's useless.

e) Acura MDX
Again, don't need the 3rd row seat but I liked it very much.

Your picks are weird. They're not even in the same market segment. You got 2 row crossovers, 3 row SUVs, etc. It looks to me that you're more interested in getting a luxo brand SUV more than filling an actual need for an SUV.

I can't believe you mentioned Acura MDX and Porsche Macan in the same post. And where's the BMW, Audi, Mercedes SUVs then?

#9111167 - 08/21/17 10:58 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Just A Troll]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
 Originally Posted By: Just A Troll

There's no 3rd row seat in RX

Originally Posted By: furball

You can get the Pano roof with RX350.

Option Package
-F SPORT Series 3 or
-Executive Package

#9111236 - 08/21/17 11:55 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: porschetr]
spd-dmn Offline
Post Master

Leasing? 2018 Q5

Drive one before you finalize anything \:\)

Then compare payments. Q5 has a wicked residual value.

#9111238 - 08/21/17 11:57 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: porschetr]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: porschetr

You can get the Pano roof with RX350.

Option Package
-F SPORT Series 3 or
-Executive Package

For the price of one of those I'd rather wait for the new X3. I still don't understand fur balls list. What exactly is the priority? Fuel consumption, space, cost, luxury????????????

Honestly this is the worst fucking list ever lol

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9111369 - 08/21/17 02:06 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: porschetr]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

Originally Posted By: porschetr

Probably confused it with another model I saw in the showroom. My bad.

#9111680 - 08/21/17 08:16 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Just A Troll]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

The S/O's list is ... from the mind of a woman. So yeah, it's all over the place.

She prefers a larger SUV over cross-overs as she prefers the 'height' advantage. She/we don't need a 3rd row at this point -- there's no Fido or triplets yet.

She hated the Lexus NX200 just looking at it \:\|

I think she might like Audi Q3/Q5 ... I think the Porsche, Audi, BMW, MB are out of budget ... I'd really prefer not to plow a trade-in into the downpayment...

Crunching the numbers, looking like she's getting a fucking RAV4-level of 'luxe'...

I'm more concerned about the approach on negotiation than anything...

(A Honda HR-V is in the cards soon, maybe even sooner than the luxo SUV, for the mother-in-law. Will be purchased, maybe with a trade-in. Picked it over the Toyota C-HR, and the Mazda CX3. MIL wanted something 'higher off the ground' than the hand-me-down Civic sedan she has.)

#9111719 - 08/21/17 08:44 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Did she just get demoted overnight?
Your budget just got cut into half.

#9111789 - 08/21/17 09:27 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: porschetr]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T dot O dot, Canada
List is all over the place. Inconsistent search criteria.

Just have a monthly number in mind and agreeable between you two, and whatever the F she picks, just go with it.

Whatever she picks will end up to be outside of the input that this forum will give.
'03 s2k - now @ 80,xxx km - a2a car
'08 535i - sold @ 149,421 km - cashed out just in time!
'08 impreza 2.5i - sold @ - 64,147 km - smh POS
'01 rav4 - killed @ 155,879 km - RIP old friend

"Driving in the snow is like sex. If you want to avoid accidents, abstinence is the best policy. If you're gonna take her for a spin, use protection." - Rick Mercer

#9111867 - 08/22/17 04:55 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: hyper-s2k]
spd-dmn Offline
Post Master

What is the monthly number? Any trade in?

If you want to meet up I can show you the Q5 one day. (Absolutely 0 pressure, im not in sales.)

#9111970 - 08/22/17 09:28 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: spd-dmn]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

From a model x to a rav 4?

I like where this thread is headed. I wish i was a fly on the wall at furball's residence.

furballetta: ummm like i want a cayenne or a tesla, just not sure which one, but i want it in WHITE.

furball:

furball: how about a Rav 4? That's in our budget.

furballetta:

#9112810 - 08/23/17 01:17 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Risky Business]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

All signs point to a rdx or MDX right now.

#9113052 - 08/23/17 09:42 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: eddie_82
Do you have a moment to talk about Miata?

Talk not needed - OP's woman needs this:

"Driving in the snow is like sex. If you want to avoid accidents, abstinence is the best policy. If you're gonna take her for a spin, use protection." - Rick Mercer

#9113080 - 08/23/17 10:09 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

I would suggest taking a very close look at the Bentayga. I think it checks a lot of the boxes for you and the wife.

Along the same lines you could also check out the Kia Rondo.

#9114160 - 08/24/17 11:41 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: GTA
I was reading this thread and it went from the largest SUV's on a pricier scale to ....Rav 4s?

Actually if you're on that price scale.
The hybrid rav4.

I leased a Nx200t last year as well. It's just alright. Feels like a fancy Rav4.

#9116329 - 08/26/17 07:52 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Risky Business]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Pretty much \:\|

furball:

So... here's the update:

- My numbers weren't working out properly, and the 'RAV4' idea came about as I didn't take into account residual value, i.e. I was basically trying to FINANCE a car in 24-36 mths

- Test drove:
a) Porsche Macan -- sweet little car, out of the price range, WAYYYY too many buttons along the centre dash/transmission column
- Sat in a Cayenne, didn't bother driving. The HOLY SHIT handles are awesome ... WAY too many buttons along the transmission column \:\|

b) Lexus RX450h, RX350 - RX350 is a BOAT in the rear seats. Felt like we were sun tanning in greenhouse (rear seats reclined, huge pano roof.)

c) Lexus NX200t size was also good. Just... didn't feel that great.

d) Audi Q3 - she was turned off by the 'retro' dash and the dippy-looking low-res screen, as well as the engine noise, but size was ok.

e) Audi Q5 - only thing she didn't like, and I hated, was the rear floor hump. The saggy-diaper ass in the rear isn't as bad as the Q7's...

- Ended up with an Audi SQ5. Wait time 3-4 mths \:\|

- Ended up with an 'old school' salesman that we just walked into the dealership. Guy had this idea that I was the 'man', and that I was buying a car for the wife. Nope. I kept telling him you need to explain to my wife xx and yy ... He was nice, but was very 'Asian', always referring/deferring to me as if I was the final decision. Hilarity ensued for quite some time...

- At a number of points, sales guy looked at me and said 'look just tell me what you want and I'll do it...' \:\| I was like ... wtf... Anyway... it's f'ing over with, now the waiting, and then the little 'upgrades' when we get it... winter mats, winter tires/rims(?), etc.

- Wifey is an impulse buyer, and got impatient and said FUCK IT, I can't keep up with all these vehicles, even based on LOOKS. I'm buying THIS.

#9116338 - 08/26/17 08:01 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Next vehicle looking to manage negotiations will be the Honda HR-V ...
#9116386 - 08/26/17 08:56 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

\:o

That is a sick choice man, HUGE fan of the SQ5 - probably the best CUV/SUV for the money!

Colour/options/price details????

#9116740 - 08/27/17 07:13 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Risky Business]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
Upper James Stealership?

#9116753 - 08/27/17 08:15 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: c2k]
spd-dmn Offline
Post Master

damn son. congrats.

deets on options??

#9116905 - 08/27/17 03:18 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
xza8 Offline
Sr Member

Pretty much \:\|

furball:

So... here's the update:

- My numbers weren't working out properly, and the 'RAV4' idea came about as I didn't take into account residual value, i.e. I was basically trying to FINANCE a car in 24-36 mths

- Test drove:
a) Porsche Macan -- sweet little car, out of the price range, WAYYYY too many buttons along the centre dash/transmission column
- Sat in a Cayenne, didn't bother driving. The HOLY SHIT handles are awesome ... WAY too many buttons along the transmission column \:\|

b) Lexus RX450h, RX350 - RX350 is a BOAT in the rear seats. Felt like we were sun tanning in greenhouse (rear seats reclined, huge pano roof.)

c) Lexus NX200t size was also good. Just... didn't feel that great.

d) Audi Q3 - she was turned off by the 'retro' dash and the dippy-looking low-res screen, as well as the engine noise, but size was ok.

e) Audi Q5 - only thing she didn't like, and I hated, was the rear floor hump. The saggy-diaper ass in the rear isn't as bad as the Q7's...

- Ended up with an Audi SQ5. Wait time 3-4 mths \:\|

- Ended up with an 'old school' salesman that we just walked into the dealership. Guy had this idea that I was the 'man', and that I was buying a car for the wife. Nope. I kept telling him you need to explain to my wife xx and yy ... He was nice, but was very 'Asian', always referring/deferring to me as if I was the final decision. Hilarity ensued for quite some time...

- At a number of points, sales guy looked at me and said 'look just tell me what you want and I'll do it...' \:\| I was like ... wtf... Anyway... it's f'ing over with, now the waiting, and then the little 'upgrades' when we get it... winter mats, winter tires/rims(?), etc.

- Wifey is an impulse buyer, and got impatient and said FUCK IT, I can't keep up with all these vehicles, even based on LOOKS. I'm buying THIS.

Next year Macan will be button-less, like the new Panamera

This year Cayenne will be button-less, like the new Panamera

I'm in rush to get this year's Macan before they update to glass screen buttons. After driving the Tesla for a bit, I realize, although clean and minimal, it is so stupid to have touchscreen buttons while driving. You need to take your eyes off the road to adjust temperature, basically do anything.

Also in a rush to get this year's RR before they update to the new console like the Velar.

#9116930 - 08/27/17 04:13 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: xza8]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: GTA
SQ5? sick.

Color?

#9117061 - 08/27/17 10:18 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: OracerO]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Update: apologies for all the boners and misunderstandings...

Ordered the Q5. Not the SQ5. \:\| (I was supposed to say Q5 with S-line trim, but we also x-nayed that...)

The diamond-stitching seats really got the boner going... Until wifey said fuck that shit ...

The Q5 we got is pretty optioned out ... We got the cooling seats I think, and the console dash ... She hates the HUD, so either we killed it or we'll turn it off if it does come with it.

I come home to find out she's now looking at some fucking Audi forums Says the nutty Q5 owners are bugging their sales reps for delivery updates, then TRACKING the cargo ships or some shit... Well, she ain't gonna be on CSI:ON that's for sure <runsToSignUpForAllAudiForums>

Edited by furball (08/27/17 10:21 PM)

#9117076 - 08/27/17 11:08 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Isn't the Q5 due for a redesign? Since you need to wait, should've lookedninto the new X3.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9117139 - 08/28/17 07:30 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
spd-dmn Offline
Post Master

The 2018 Q5 is all-new (assuming it is an 18.... at this rate OP could have really bought a CR-V). X3 got nothin on dat.

furball if you want to give me your comm#, i can help you track your car if you care.

#9117140 - 08/28/17 07:33 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: spd-dmn]
spd-dmn Offline
Post Master

wat it do

#9117151 - 08/28/17 08:06 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: spd-dmn]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

hhnngggg nice.

as for hrv...you prob won't get much negotiating to your liking, they sell out quick and dlr's don't make a lot on those or Fit's lol.

#9117155 - 08/28/17 08:18 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

LoL.
It's a Freaking roller coaster thread.
Congrats anyway.!

#9117466 - 08/28/17 12:12 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: porschetr]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Out There
Congrats, that was a fast purchase.

#9117476 - 08/28/17 12:21 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: spd-dmn]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: spd-dmn
wat it do

You had me till I saw that stupid screen.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9117484 - 08/28/17 12:25 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
spd-dmn Offline
Post Master

Agreed, still work to be done to nicely integrate these new screens.

But everyone's doin it =/

#9117919 - 08/28/17 07:27 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: spd-dmn]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Honda HR-V update:

- Went for a test drive ... We were eyeing the LX AWD model ... I test drove it before, and it checked off everything needed for the MIL...
- WTF, the entire door panel is fabric? Likely to reduce road noise.
- Rear headroom is pretty bad, the rear headrests are also kinda weird.
- The trunk 'deck' ... OMFG. Most cheap cars have this cheap felt-covered liner, what does HR-V have? It's this bendy mesh. Reminds me of those ghetto suction-cup sunscreens for vehicles... It really feels cheap.

- The rear seats tumble like a gymnastics hooker in various positions, which was interesting, but I see no need for some of the positions; the one where you lift the seat upwards...Which gives another major problem...
- The rear seats are held up by a U-shaped piece of metal, off the floor of the vehicle It just feels cheap as fuck, and I'd be concerned about rust from water/salt from boots/ etc... i.e. boot heels, etc would likely brush against it....

- Front passenger seat's foot well is 'curved' upward, as it's such a small frame... Dunno........

- The EX model has this REALLY trippy right-side blind-spot camera thingie ... If you signal right (or you press a button), you'll see the view of the right side of your car... super super trippy. I like. The weird thing is, it's not available for the LEFT blind spot \:\|

From the outside, and from the front driver's seat, it's a good car...Else... I dunno...

Will have to re-test the Mazda CX-3, and test drive/review the Toyota CH-R, and Mazda 5...

Audi Q3 would be superb, but $$$ ... Mini Cooper (sedan and/or countryman) are likely not 'high enough', and $$$.

So... the hunt continues...

UPDATE 2: I remember another thing I also hated in the 2018 Audi Q5:
- the moonroof wind deflector is thin mesh. Wear 'n tear on that will be cray.

Edited by furball (08/28/17 09:59 PM)

#9117999 - 08/28/17 08:45 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
- The trunk 'deck' ... OMFG. Most cheap cars have this cheap felt-covered liner, what does HR-V have? It's this bendy mesh. Reminds me of those ghetto suction-cup sunscreens for vehicles... It really feels cheap.

I used to have a third gen CRV and my favourite feature about the vehicle (which I believe was only available on EX-L models) was the rear fold-able hard shelf. In my opinion it increased the trunk space significantly. To my surprised not only did no other comparable make/model offer this feature but in the fourth gen CRV Honda removed it. I wish my Odyssey had something similar \:\(

#9118632 - 08/29/17 03:26 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

nice buy on the audi

#9120270 - 08/31/17 09:12 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: titty sprinkles]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

The Honda HR-V is an econo cross-over on a Honda Fit chasis. It is built in Mexico, what do you expect for $25,000 Furball??? It ain't no Audi Q5 that's for sure so it definitely felt cheap considering it is half the cost and size of a Q5...

#9120280 - 08/31/17 09:21 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: iamfob]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

I saw a Levante on the road the other day and was sure it was the OP driving.

But then I realized he probably ended up in a Kia Soul.

#9120417 - 08/31/17 11:15 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: iamfob]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: iamfob
The Honda HR-V is an econo cross-over on a Honda Fit chasis. It is built in Mexico, what do you expect for $25,000 Furball???

beat me to it lol. but yeah that's the deal.
also they sell out. sucks it's slow as balls but the 6spd/AWD is fun. would love to make a winter rally cross-over out of that lol.

#9121757 - 09/01/17 05:02 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: porschetr]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
SQ5 is nice for sure. Ballin'. You drive 1.7 EL into the ground SO gets a brand new SQ5 - I work backwards to you man lol.

Congrats on the new car

#9121873 - 09/01/17 08:55 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: JEFFOS]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
Sweet!

#9121973 - 09/02/17 07:08 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: JEFFOS]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: JEFFOS
SQ5 is nice for sure. Ballin'. You drive 1.7 EL into the ground SO gets a brand new SQ5 - I work backwards to you man lol.

Congrats on the new car

Didn't you get the memo?

Happy Wife, Happy Life?

#9122015 - 09/02/17 09:33 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: c2k]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: c2k

Congrats on the new car

Didn't you get the memo?

Happy Wife, Happy Life?

Tell us how that worked out for you.

#9122026 - 09/02/17 10:03 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Risky Business]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: c2k

Congrats on the new car

Didn't you get the memo?

Happy Wife, Happy Life?

Tell us how that worked out for you.

I think living in Hamilton says it all.

#9122038 - 09/02/17 10:28 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
Honda HR-V update:

- Went for a test drive ... We were eyeing the LX AWD model ... I test drove it before, and it checked off everything needed for the MIL...
- WTF, the entire door panel is fabric? Likely to reduce road noise.
- Rear headroom is pretty bad, the rear headrests are also kinda weird.

- The rear seats tumble like a gymnastics hooker in various positions, which was interesting, but I see no need for some of the positions; the one where you lift the seat upwards...Which gives another major problem...
- The rear seats are held up by a U-shaped piece of metal, off the floor of the vehicle It just feels cheap as fuck, and I'd be concerned about rust from water/salt from boots/ etc... i.e. boot heels, etc would likely brush against it....

- Front passenger seat's foot well is 'curved' upward, as it's such a small frame... Dunno........

- The EX model has this REALLY trippy right-side blind-spot camera thingie ... If you signal right (or you press a button), you'll see the view of the right side of your car... super super trippy. I like. The weird thing is, it's not available for the LEFT blind spot \:\|

From the outside, and from the front driver's seat, it's a good car...Else... I dunno...

Will have to re-test the Mazda CX-3, and test drive/review the Toyota CH-R, and Mazda 5...

Audi Q3 would be superb, but $$$ ... Mini Cooper (sedan and/or countryman) are likely not 'high enough', and $$$.

So... the hunt continues...

UPDATE 2: I remember another thing I also hated in the 2018 Audi Q5:
- the moonroof wind deflector is thin mesh. Wear 'n tear on that will be cray.

The wife is looking to replace the 2012 Fiat 500 to get an suv. This is high on her list as she doesn't want to drive anything big. Going to be in the market for an slightly used EX-L with leather and nav.

Her other choice is the 500X. It has more character but prob lots of little problems like her Fiat 500.

#9125461 - 09/07/17 08:19 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Walked into a bunch of dealerships...

1) Toyota C-HR
- I actually like, quite a bit. The panels are all soft rubber, and have details on them (molded in?) i.e. the dash had stitching on it, which I assume is just molded in plastic, door panels had a diamond-shaped molded in, and even the headliner in the front had some design.
- Rear door handles in a unique position, but overall felt ok. Tiny lever.
- HOLY FUCKING SHIT is it claustrophobic in the rear seats - the door is very high, and window very small.
- The reverse camera is total shit, an afterthought... it's built into the rearview mirror, not the radio's LCD, and pretty low-res.
- has a bunch of nice features, like blind-spot monitor, keep-lane assist, dynamic cruise, auto-brake, etc.
- Only FWD... Not a boner-slayer for me...
- Headlights looked pretty good, trunk looked good.
- the blind-spots are seriously fucking scary. I especially found the driver-side scary as fuck. Sure there's tech to help with blind-spot, but I'm one of those Asians that are accustomed to the little add-on mirrors. The Toyota RAV4 has one built into the top corner of their side mirrors.
- Overall build quality is top-notch. So far, the best in this category of CUVs I've tried.
- the poor blind-spot visibility, which can be solved by the tech + mirror-addons, plus the terrible rear doors kill this as an option.

passenger C-pillar/blind-spot view:

2) Nissan Qashqai
- it feels big, and is big. I don't think I'm comparing apples to apples...
- It felt a bit tippy through some turns (small streets.)
- centre console felt cheap, the Juke was even worse
- the reverse camera is absolute shit quality
- There's not alot of tech in the model I'm looking at \:\| ... At $25k for the AWD model .....
- the heated steering wheel, although not part of the model I'm looking at, is sweet. (Never tried heated steering wheels before. It's called gloves.)
- This remains within the top 3 of our list but concerned about quality/reliability, and apples to apples...

3) Honda HR-V walkthrough
- Markham Honda are assholes, which is fine. No sales guy came to me, so I got to fuck around with the floor model for a good 15 minutes. It was the high-end model with leather...
- They removed the flimsy rear deck piece, so customers don't get a sense of the cheapness... ok.
- the leather door panels feel like shit; as i'm eyeing the LX-AWD, the fabric which I absolutely hated will be worse, as I remembered.
- The U-bar that holds the magic seats, are yep, just as cheap as ever. They seriously feel like they were bought from Home Depot and bolted on. Eyeing the rear floor, yes, it is indeed possible for salt/dirt/water to get to that U-bar.... Would need deep mats to handle the liquid.
- The LX options are ok...
- This remains in the top 3...
- This was new to me, and I had to look at it across 3 models.... As the showroom model was WHITE ... I could see in the front wheelwell that there's a portion that's WHITE, i.e. painted metal frame within the wheelwell This was also the case for the Honda Fit, but not the Honda CR-V... Is this normal? I always thought wheelwells had a fender liner, and/or that sprayed-on rubber/rock stuff...

Random '09 Honda Fit photo:

4) Mazda
- Will have to re-visit, even if it's just the showroom.

5) Mini sedan
- Pretty much out of budget... The package that comes with the rear-view camera kills the budget. Adding an aftermarket is ok, but then you lose tech (i.e. replace rearview mirror), and/or have a fugly suction-cup LCD screen...
- May walk into a dealer to review.

Edited by furball (09/07/17 08:26 AM)

#9125499 - 09/07/17 08:41 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

^our ex-jap. division head pointed out what you just did actually re. the fit from last gen or even the gen before that (a few years ago) - having no liner and not even being painted fully the same colour lol....at least now it is. i assume there's a reason (i forget what is was), besides just cost cutting? anyway, yes the Fit and HRV come like that which is the norm.

Re. A2B - holy shit you actually bought a FIAT?! jesus those are the biggest turds on the road.

#9125505 - 09/07/17 08:45 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

meanwhile at everyones fav car co.... \:\|

http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/leaked-2018-bmw-x7-pictures-reveal-the-kidney-grills-co-1801230807

i like the futuristic interior though. yet they still manage to keep a similar theme design to the central lower dash buttons even in this...like that past 30 years.

i think robocop will have a hard-on for this.

Edited by Screamin DC2R (09/07/17 08:47 AM)

#9125507 - 09/07/17 08:46 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

I thought you got a Q5? Why are you still test driving?
#9125670 - 09/07/17 10:46 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Screamin DC2R
meanwhile at everyones fav car co.... \:\|

http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/leaked-2018-bmw-x7-pictures-reveal-the-kidney-grills-co-1801230807

i like the futuristic interior though. yet they still manage to keep a similar theme design to the central lower dash buttons even in this...like that past 30 years.

i think robocop will have a hard-on for this.

#9125698 - 09/07/17 11:07 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: c2k]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

LOL I think that's going to be the X7...arrgghhh

Still nicer than ANYTHING Acura puts out

It's sad when Lambo sells more Hurancans than the shitty RLX.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9125862 - 09/07/17 12:49 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

I think he is balling out to get a new car for his MIL

#9125901 - 09/07/17 01:25 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: iamfob]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

I think he is balling out to get a new car for his MIL

If that's the case he's a cheap ass looking at super small CUV's lol

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9126862 - 09/08/17 08:03 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

LOL I think that's going to be the X7...arrgghhh

Still nicer than ANYTHING Acura puts out

It's sad when Lambo sells more Hurancans than the shitty RLX.

#9126868 - 09/08/17 08:08 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Show me a good looking acura from the past decade aside from the 3rd gen TL. That car still looks good till this day.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9126878 - 09/08/17 08:22 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Show me a good looking acura from the past decade aside from the 3rd gen TL. That car still looks good till this day.

the newest ones and ones to come out to 2020

\:D

lol

#9126882 - 09/08/17 08:27 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Re. A2B - holy shit you actually bought a FIAT?! jesus those are the biggest turds on the road.

The GF/wife got this when her Mazda 3 started to rust and that was what she liked. It drives well enough. Rides high but Slow. Great on gas and good for city driving. We got it used for $16k so we didn't pay the crazy $$$$ they wanted new.

It has been relatively trouble free aside from the mechanical lock in the truck that stopped working. My cousin also had one and she had a leak that wouldn't go away. Very hit and miss on quality. We were lucky as most things were taken care of before the warranty ran out.

Looking for an used 2016 HR-V EX-L AWD......going to ball out. Wife doesn't wants nav built in. She doesn't want to spend $60k for a luxo so I am not going to fight that battle.

#9126901 - 09/08/17 08:43 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

lol
That's what you said about the current ones lame!

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9126902 - 09/08/17 08:44 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

lol

I am waiting for the awesome sauce from Honda/Acura. I will wait 3 years to pass judgement

#9127255 - 09/08/17 01:31 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: iamfob]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Good reviews of the cars by the way furball.
#9127443 - 09/08/17 04:23 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
TheRealCSnapper Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Canada

#9127483 - 09/08/17 04:54 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

That actually looks better than the x7.

#9127538 - 09/08/17 06:03 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: hyper-s2k]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Lol

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9127591 - 09/08/17 07:28 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: hyper-s2k
That actually looks better than the x7.

LMAO

Edited by titty sprinkles (09/08/17 07:28 PM)

#9130836 - 09/12/17 08:54 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: titty sprinkles]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Getting pressure from the S/O to just get it fucking over with ... Sensing we'll be putting in an order in the next 10 days for a CUV...

Top 3 options:
- Honda HR-V LX AWD -- selling out faaaaast... May have to wait for the fucking 2018's.
- Mazda CX-3
- Nissan Qashqai - options are outdated in model that's within budget, larger than the others...

Will walk into another Mazda dealership and just sit in the showroom vehicle, not sure if I'll drive it...

Mini I want it to be it to be a contender, but I think price-point is out... Will need to see how I can option it out + aftermarket backup camera...
-

Edited by furball (09/12/17 08:55 PM)

#9130866 - 09/12/17 09:58 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
Cee_mon Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Barrie, Ontario
I work at a mazda dealer in barrie. If you want a price check on a deal PM me and I can have my guys try and beat it.

#9131004 - 09/13/17 09:57 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

+ aftermarket backup camera...
-

Please don't...don't be that ChinAr

#9136261 - 09/19/17 07:55 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: iamfob]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Wifey's getting sick of the Honda for whatever reason ...

And so ... the money bet is on the Nissan Qashqai \:\|

Likely gonna pick one up in October.

Edited by furball (09/19/17 07:55 PM)

#9136375 - 09/19/17 09:56 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Test drove the HRV at Markham Honda. These guys really don't want to sell cars. First thing they said when I told them I was looking for an HRV was that they only have the white one on the floor left and the sales person wanted to walk away. I had to ask the guy if it is for sale or not and he hesitantly stayed to serve me.

Test drove an used LX they had on the lot. It felt ok but the engine seemed very loud. The wife is kinda set on the EX-L.....will be pulling the trigger if I can find an used one under 40kms.

#9136589 - 09/20/17 09:24 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

A2b look for a guy named Seasons. He was helping me with a car and offered me a good diu without even trying lol

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9136591 - 09/20/17 09:24 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Also if looking at hrv why not look at chr?

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9136605 - 09/20/17 09:36 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: A2B-Lexus
if I can find an used one under 40kms.

Used under 40 km? So the car is brand new lulz
Even a demo have more than 40 km

The HR-V sells like hot cake at the dealer, Screamin' is happy.

#9136636 - 09/20/17 10:15 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: iamfob]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

@A2B since you're in the east end, try Roadsport Honda. Qi Li (Chili) has always been good to people I know.

#9136710 - 09/20/17 11:00 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Chili looks fucking gangster

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9136782 - 09/20/17 11:36 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

From what I'm told, he's their top sales guy. I know quite a number of people that have been repeat customers of his due to his service and pricing (apparently being their top guy gives him more flexibility and power).
#9138129 - 09/21/17 09:37 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: iamfob]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

if I can find an used one under 40kms.

Used under 40 km? So the car is brand new lulz
Even a demo have more than 40 km

The HR-V sells like hot cake at the dealer, Screamin' is happy.

Sorry.....40K......

There were about 3-5 EX-L when I was casually looking in June at around $26k.....not in a hurry...don't think EX-L is worth $30k+ tax.

I can give that dude a try but I am not huge on buying new....hate paying PDI, etc.

#9138345 - 09/22/17 10:09 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

^ So you want to spend under $40,000 for a Honda HR-V EX-L? #Baller
I didn't know they are so damn expensive for a tiny crossover.

#9138627 - 09/22/17 01:51 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: iamfob]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

I want to spend $30k TOPS all in....if I had my way, I would be ok without the L package but the wife wants...she gets.(She isn't asking for an Macan or anything silly so it isn't worth fighting)
#9138638 - 09/22/17 02:01 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Loc: North York, Ontario, Canada
u should be able to get an HRV for 30k all in (even if new with pdi etc).
I'd be surprised if it was much more than that??? How much is an EX-L wowowow.

XD XD XD XD

#9138661 - 09/22/17 02:18 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: 4age]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

'18 HRV

EX is 29,300+tx/freight/pdi
EXL Navi is 32,500+tax/freight/pdi
but this is MSRP so see what each dealer can do for you (prob not much since they sell out and they don't make much on new car sale).

see if any good diu's on '17 models left (if any)

there is no EX-L non-navi trim unfortunately.
the two big jumps in price are always 2wd to 4wd models (same with crv) and of course navi, or even when you go above LX models trims. HRV doesn't have as much trim selection as say CRV or Pilot.

also don't forget HRV is already midway thru it's life cycle so it's becoming older before full model change. any new car coming out in a matching class/segment will usually have a leg up re. more bang for the buck too.

but shit if you're into the low 30k range...you should seriously look at a new CRV lower trim. or if she likes the civic hatch.

#9138753 - 09/22/17 03:26 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

I want to spend $30k TOPS all in....if I had my way, I would be ok without the L package but the wife wants...she gets.(She isn't asking for an Macan or anything silly so it isn't worth fighting)

Is the OEM navigation that important? I don't bother with nav since I know the place I am going (home->work->gym->home,etc.). Also if I am going unfamiliar places, I have Waze/Google Map on my phone or my good ol' Garmin GPS from 2011

Also Honda's leather is garbage, I am happy with their cloth seats. For German cars, I would go for their leather.

#9138826 - 09/22/17 04:24 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: iamfob]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

I am not driving it.....wife will be. Not important to me but she wants more than what she has now in the Fiat 500 (Aside from a big sunroof, its pretty bare bones).
#9138836 - 09/22/17 04:31 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Why can't you go for anything with android auto or apple car play? You can nav all day with those without needing to pay for nav? I think most new Honda infotainment has that now. I'm shocked at the HRV pricing though - that's completely bonkers.

XD XD XD XD

#9138864 - 09/22/17 05:04 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: iamfob]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Is the OEM navigation that important? I don't bother with nav since I know the place I am going (home->work->gym->home,etc.). Also if I am going unfamiliar places, I have Waze/Google Map on my phone or my good ol' Garmin GPS from 2011

Also Honda's leather is garbage, I am happy with their cloth seats. For German cars, I would go for their leather.

are you saying honda specifically or honda/acura leather? but i'll put my leather interior up against a 3 or 5 series anyday. was one huge reason i didnt go with the three series. (i'm also not talking about the leather that comes in 7 or M series cars)

#9139056 - 09/22/17 10:09 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: titty sprinkles]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

are you saying honda specifically or honda/acura leather? but i'll put my leather interior up against a 3 or 5 series anyday. was one huge reason i didnt go with the three series. (i'm also not talking about the leather that comes in 7 or M series cars)

yeah the new tlx leather is pimp. as is the 2018 accord.

#9139075 - 09/22/17 11:10 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: 4age]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: 4age
Why can't you go for anything with android auto or apple car play? You can nav all day with those without needing to pay for nav? I think most new Honda infotainment has that now. I'm shocked at the HRV pricing though - that's completely bonkers.

I mentioned it to her about apple car play....I think she is just sick of driving bare bones and likes the refine things such as "leather". She also don't feel comfortable driving a bigger car so the choices are a little limited.....

#9139077 - 09/22/17 11:18 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Anonymous]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

I like the new CRV...she finds it big. I don't want the "I told you so" when I have to take it to the shop to do body work. LOL
#9139226 - 09/23/17 11:34 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

I had the same discussion with my wife, completely dead set against driving a car bigger than the matrix. I was looking at highlander, 4runner, venza, etc. even though she was dead set against all of them.

Kept getting the "no, i am not driving it, no it's too big, etc"

In the end you have to do what's for the greater good for the family. If you think i am going to sit in a matrix/hrv/insert small CUV here with my fucking face in the dashboard because i can't properly install a rear facing car seat or constantly not having room in a car that's supposed to be "the" family car, fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk that.

I bought the venza after multiple low tone arguments, I had to deal with a couple of complaints regarding its size for the first 48 hours, now loves it and is used it. These are "fights" worth having, they will see the light eventually \:D

I have a buddy who bought an X1, same thing, wife didn't want a bigger car so they "upgraded" to an X1 for size...achieved absolutely nothing compared to their prior car. Can't put a rear facing seat without the front seat being all the way to the front, the car is absolutely useless. He hates it, family outings are a fucking mess, now with a second on the way they have to yet again buy another car because this thing can't even hold a stroller/diaper bag adequately while adults aren't cramped af.

If you get an HRV, i promise you the decision will haunt you for as long as you own the car if you plan to use it as a family car with newborns. The CRV is a perfect compromise and considering this will be a family car the HRV is just a stupid decision all around.

Lastly, another thing i picked up from this forum (I think it was SW20) is that you have to consider the grandparents situation. I thought that was a nonissue, but it's actually a key factor. Since you aren't getting a van (which is the best vehicle for a family) then you want a car big enough that you can carry your kids and at least one MIL (which is your best asset for longer day trips). The venza doesn't have 3rd row seating, but has the widest in class rear seat, 2 baby seats and 1 adult can comfortably be seated, or 2 adults + 1 baby seat and the trunk is fairly large. Good luck doing that in HRV, the CRV would be adequate at least.

/rant

#9139357 - 09/23/17 02:29 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Risky Business]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

My wife is 5 feet tall so even though she can navigate a bigger vehicle, she can't get anything too tall because she won't be able to lug around a bb when the time comes.

Once we have a family, I will kiss the Lexus goodbye and go SUV or full out van.

#9139553 - 09/23/17 09:26 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Risky Business]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

I had the same discussion with my wife, completely dead set against driving a car bigger than the matrix. I was looking at highlander, 4runner, venza, etc. even though she was dead set against all of them.

Kept getting the "no, i am not driving it, no it's too big, etc"

In the end you have to do what's for the greater good for the family. If you think i am going to sit in a matrix/hrv/insert small CUV here with my fucking face in the dashboard because i can't properly install a rear facing car seat or constantly not having room in a car that's supposed to be "the" family car, fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk that.

I bought the venza after multiple low tone arguments, I had to deal with a couple of complaints regarding its size for the first 48 hours, now loves it and is used it. These are "fights" worth having, they will see the light eventually \:D

I have a buddy who bought an X1, same thing, wife didn't want a bigger car so they "upgraded" to an X1 for size...achieved absolutely nothing compared to their prior car. Can't put a rear facing seat without the front seat being all the way to the front, the car is absolutely useless. He hates it, family outings are a fucking mess, now with a second on the way they have to yet again buy another car because this thing can't even hold a stroller/diaper bag adequately while adults aren't cramped af.

If you get an HRV, i promise you the decision will haunt you for as long as you own the car if you plan to use it as a family car with newborns. The CRV is a perfect compromise and considering this will be a family car the HRV is just a stupid decision all around.

Lastly, another thing i picked up from this forum (I think it was SW20) is that you have to consider the grandparents situation. I thought that was a nonissue, but it's actually a key factor. Since you aren't getting a van (which is the best vehicle for a family) then you want a car big enough that you can carry your kids and at least one MIL (which is your best asset for longer day trips). The venza doesn't have 3rd row seating, but has the widest in class rear seat, 2 baby seats and 1 adult can comfortably be seated, or 2 adults + 1 baby seat and the trunk is fairly large. Good luck doing that in HRV, the CRV would be adequate at least.

/rant

+1 on both takes, esp the grand parents part (her anyways at least since they no longer drive). the 17 crv lease now is great but with 2 kid seats taking up the back....game over since you have 1 small ass spot now for maybe a bag or cramped adult spot. trunk fills quick enough too lol.

would looooove a pilot or mdx but maybe next year depending on finances. rdx is nice and a touuuuch bigger than crv but still only 5 seats. she doesnt want ody lol, i dont mind but meh....suv nicer.

#9139697 - 09/24/17 09:20 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

Wifey is 5 ft. even - she loves sport cutes because she can sit higher.

Her big gripe back in the day with big SUVs is that she can't reach the tail gate that lifts up (no power trunk in most models) - even her first sport cute was the 2nd gen RAV4 where the tail gate opens like a fridge door. And same opinion as most - she can maneuver a bigger car but not for day to day driving (more effort in her opinion). .

She was fine with the x3 (small increase) but didn't want to drive the 5-series. One day she had to (I had a migraine mid-way into our trip; couldn't see the road) - the more she drove it, the more she liked it (smooth and good power \:D ) - she even admitted that it felt like the size of the x3 and wasn't as big as she thought it would (in terms of managing parking situations).

Now she's interested in the x5 (with 3rd row) - so we can occasionally bus grandparents or my cousins 3 kids (they have a QX60 with 3rd row).

Women. Go figure.

#9139699 - 09/24/17 09:30 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

My wife is 5 feet tall so even though she can navigate a bigger vehicle, she can't get anything too tall because she won't be able to lug around a bb when the time comes.

Once we have a family, I will kiss the Lexus goodbye and go SUV or full out van.

Given your wife's height is closed to mine, for her, the taller SUVs allowed her to drop the infant car seat tub at height level - but for the smaller sport cutes (X1) and any sedan - she had to bend down a bit which she felt was harder on her back.

When the time comes and you are car shopping again - go to the showroom with your car seat.

Some will be a PITA to even install (esp. that 3rd hook in the back, like the prev. - 3rd gen RAV4) which is why we didn't get that over the x3.

#9139700 - 09/24/17 09:44 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: hyper-s2k]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

X5 has a useless 3rd row. Look at highlander or the new atlas if one is needed.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9139725 - 09/24/17 10:55 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Thanks for the heads up Hyper. Good to know.

Just realized for the same $ as an used HRV, I can just get into a previous gen RDX.....so much more car for the coin.

http://wwwa.autotrader.ca/a/Acura/RDX/Et...&orup=14_15_100

I am not a fan of the looks but its SOOOO Much more value. Need to do some research to see if there is anything wrong with the car aside from the looks.

#9139742 - 09/24/17 11:36 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

So wait, a few posts ago the CRV was too big/too high (hence HRV), but now the RDX is the runner up?

JFC regardless of how your logic works, it seems there is a chance you will arrive at a better choice than the HRV. At least that's good.

My wife is 5'2, a crossover is actually perfect height for lifting/placing a car seat. You should probably try it first before assuming it's too high. We are not talking about a Sequoia here, a crossover is like 6 inches higher than a sedan.

Also, just to note, usually the family car is the mom's car, so you getting a van/suv later and your wife driving the HRV also makes no sense unless you are the one that will do all doctors appointments, grocery shopping, mat leave, etc.

#9139744 - 09/24/17 11:49 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Thanks for the heads up Hyper. Good to know.

Just realized for the same $ as an used HRV, I can just get into a previous gen RDX.....so much more car for the coin.

http://wwwa.autotrader.ca/a/Acura/RDX/Et...&orup=14_15_100

I am not a fan of the looks but its SOOOO Much more value. Need to do some research to see if there is anything wrong with the car aside from the looks.

Yup the acuras are cheap used as no one wants that ugly shit lol. I was contemplating buying a 2016 MDX, but just couldn't do it. It's simply too fugly and can't stand the interior either.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9139747 - 09/24/17 11:59 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

The HRV isn't a looker so going from that to RDX isn't much of a stretch.

As for the size thing, we have to go look to try it out to see if she can get in and out easily. There aren't too many choices....everything is HUGE nowadays. Audi's are nice but the couple of people who I know had Q3s and Q5s had issues with them. PLUS, don't want to drop the coin on one.

The main thing is she has to be able to get in and out and with a kid eventually. We are looking for best bang for the buck, not terrible resale, reliable and having some bells and whistles. Looks aren't tops since its an SUV, not a sports car....

This is more like appliances shopping...just need to get her done.

#9139768 - 09/24/17 12:27 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

It is an appliance, but you still need to live with it.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9139776 - 09/24/17 12:34 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

The RDX isn't that bad....especially if I can get it at the same $ as an econo HRV.
#9139777 - 09/24/17 12:37 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Don't forget its shit on gas too.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9139779 - 09/24/17 12:41 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

The RDX isn't that bad....especially if I can get it at the same $ as an econo HRV.

I think RDX takes premium gas as well, which sucks.

#9139783 - 09/24/17 12:47 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Risky Business]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Have you considered the Venza?

The issue is that the car has had a very long life (they've been out since 2009), we ended up with a 2013 Limited Edition V6 AWD.

The good:

- Above average ground clearance, low roof line. Basically a jacked up wagon, i needed this since my garage clerance is low.
- Great safety rating, widest in its class.
- Toyota reliability, the V6 motor and tranny are the best thing about this car. I drove the 4 cylinder, it's also really good and I'd recommend that, you only feel the lack of power on the highway with the 4 cyl.
- I smoked 4age's 328 wagon with a stock venza ;\) I also didn't break my transmission doing it.
- For 30k you can get a fairly new one with warranty, stouffville toyota has a bunch on the lot.
- The rear suspension doesn't squat with the car fully loaded, this is a huge pet peeve of mine, all hondas/acuras/nissans squat really bad - like we are picking up a bunch of immigrants from the airport bad. Venza holds it pretty level.
- They look slick, at least mine does \:\)
- The AWD system has been put up against Subaru and has edged it out, go figure. Not that it matters, but bragging rights and such.

The bad:
- If you get the V6 with 20" wheels it rides rough, the 4 cylinder is nicer over potholes.
- The front seats are probably the worst seats on the market. My wife doesn't mind, maybe I am spoiled from the S4 seats, but i can't get comfortable in these fucking things.
- They drive like tanks, not nimble. I've driven bigger SUV's that feel more nimble, it may have to do with the stock 20" wheels though.
- Fit and finish inside is subpar, not a big concern for me, but it's embarrassing considering they were 46k brand new or whatever.
- Brakes are undersized, again possibly because i am comparing to the S4, but for a vehicle this heavy i don't find them adequate.

#9139787 - 09/24/17 12:50 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

http://wwwa.autotrader.ca/a/Honda/CR-V/N...PO&orup=6_15_21

This would fit the budget (barely)....but those rims are fugly as shit. Gas is better....

#9139790 - 09/24/17 12:54 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Vensa is a no unfortunately. I would have liked something like that. Her sis' father in law has one so its an old man's car in her eyes.

2009 until now.....they are milking it!

#9139793 - 09/24/17 12:55 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

What about the new Rav4's, they look pretty good.

THey looks small though, CRV might be the better option. Just make sure there is decent room in the backseats for that rear facing car seat. CRV seems like your best bet though and they have good resale value as well.

#9139795 - 09/24/17 12:58 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Risky Business]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

One more to note, my buddy just got the Lincoln MKC, it's pretty nice and its in your price range. A bit small, but better than a HRV.
#9139797 - 09/24/17 12:59 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Risky Business]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Her sis has one...."too big". I think once I convince her out of RAV / CRV is too big, I can get her into a CRV (I prefer the Rav4 looks over the CRV)......just hope she doesn't go, lets go get the Lexus NX and blow the budget right out of the water. The next thing you know, my Lexus is gone, she'll have an NX and I will have the FIAT.
#9139798 - 09/24/17 12:59 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

X5 has a useless 3rd row. Look at highlander or the new atlas if one is needed.

3rd row wasn't meant for the long haul (more like a 20 min. drive to/fro family dinner / relatives' houses) - I expect the smaller kids to craw in. Don't give a flying F about comfort for them, if they fit, then it works.

If i wanted the 3rd row for a long haul (road trips) - mini-van is the best option for that, no SUV can offer that much 3rd row leg room compared to a van unless you get some freakin' behemoth.

I figured this was the same logic applied when we were kids [none of our parents had minivans - 4 kids squished in the back row], gave me more motivation to save up for my own car so I don't get sardine canned in the back. lol.

#9139800 - 09/24/17 01:01 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: hyper-s2k]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

All you need is seat belts in the back, and you are good to go. LOL
#9139807 - 09/24/17 01:09 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Risky Business]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

One more to note, my buddy just got the Lincoln MKC, it's pretty nice and its in your price range. A bit small, but better than a HRV.
The depreciation on those can't be good.....

#9139984 - 09/24/17 06:43 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Get the CRV, can't go wrong.

If you get the HRV I will set it on fire for you.

#9140006 - 09/24/17 07:01 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Risky Business]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Yup new CRV is a solid choice for those that don't care about drivertrain. Honda fucking neutered the shit out of it with that shit cvt.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9140110 - 09/24/17 10:00 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
CIVIC dude Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
+1 for the VW Atlas .... this SUV was done right.

2nd row seats that move with car seats installed and a fully functional adult friendly third row.

As for bargaining technique: use unhaggle.com

The website gives you vehicle cost and even links you to a nearby dealer that is willing to work with you

#9140193 - 09/25/17 07:53 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Risky Business]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

I think RDX takes premium gas as well, which sucks.

All the newer acuras are premium recommended only now. they can run 87 but not run as great (obviously). would still recommend a 91oct tank every so often though.

#9140274 - 09/25/17 09:10 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Yup new CRV is a solid choice for those that don't care about drivertrain. Honda fucking neutered the shit out of it with that shit cvt.

isn't the new one turbo? It's supposed to be pretty quick @_@

XD XD XD XD

#9140293 - 09/25/17 09:18 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: 4age]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Quick? Fuck no its slow as molasses.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9140317 - 09/25/17 09:35 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

yeah it is pretty zzzz...it's the 1.5T civic motor in crv =\ decent mileage but man the low end initial is weak, but decent mid range power, then zzz at the top end again. smooth though...and man i hate cvt's lol

#9140450 - 09/25/17 11:01 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Yup cvt sucks major fucking balls

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9140792 - 09/25/17 02:40 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

The depreciation on those can't be good.....

If you plan to trade the car in every 2-3 years, then depreciation is a factor. If you plan to drive the ____ (insert the SUV you end up buying) for 4 years or longer, the car will be at least 6-8 years old when you are done with it. The vehicle already depreciated to a point it doesn't make a huge difference when you trade it in.

#9141175 - 09/25/17 08:30 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: 4age]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

First time I've seen "quick" used to describe a CR-V; with the exception of inserting the "if you drop it off a cliff" clause.

#9141182 - 09/25/17 08:36 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: iamfob]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

True enough with regards to depreciation. I just can't bring myself to go domestic so it was never really in consideration.

CRV is off the list. She doesn't like the rare end of the prior gen. I don't blame her....was just hoping she wouldn't notice. Would have been nice to put in regular gas.

RDX still fits the bill.....what I save in upfront cost I will pay in gas. We don't drive a lot so it isn't a huge deal. At the end of the day, she is driving it so I can just point her to the right direction.

Hope the RDX won't be a quick no...for the price used, there doesn't seem to be better value. This car buying experience is kinda like OT saying a girl is a no because elbows too pointy.

#9141196 - 09/25/17 08:58 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: hyper-s2k]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: hyper-s2k

First time I've seen "quick" used to describe a CR-V; with the exception of inserting the "if you drop it off a cliff" clause.

Ignore him. He is beyond broken now.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9141280 - 09/25/17 10:31 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

True enough with regards to depreciation. I just can't bring myself to go domestic so it was never really in consideration.

CRV is off the list. She doesn't like the rare end of the prior gen. I don't blame her....was just hoping she wouldn't notice. Would have been nice to put in regular gas.

RDX still fits the bill.....what I save in upfront cost I will pay in gas. We don't drive a lot so it isn't a huge deal. At the end of the day, she is driving it so I can just point her to the right direction.

Hope the RDX won't be a quick no...for the price used, there doesn't seem to be better value. This car buying experience is kinda like OT saying a girl is a no because elbows too pointy.

https://www.acura.ca/compare/rdx

see if you can get into a 16/17 model as that's the facelift unit with slightly revised 3.5L V6. again you can run 87/89 but 91 is ideal. i think the are just AWD now too, no longer expensive SH-AWD.

i'm sure the 13-15 models have dropped in price nicely given they are pre minor model change so i guess see what's around.

or...if you can hold out a bit longer into 2018, the full model change 2019 RDX is due out (dat new tech doe! ;\) ) and it's usually an early model year launch, so dlr's will be clearing out the 2018's cheap by then. as usual though they'll be gone quick most likely too lol.

Edited by Screamin DC2R (09/25/17 10:32 PM)

#9141290 - 09/25/17 10:42 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Clearance time seems to be the Only time they sell acuras lol

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9141303 - 09/25/17 10:54 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Thanks for the heads up. Probably can't wait that long for the 2018....don't want to fork out that much for a mama wagon.

https://www.autotrader.com/car-reviews/2015-vs-2016-acura-rdx-whats-the-difference-239127

Found a good comparison for 2015 vs 2016. Price diff is approx.$6k $26k vs.$33k before tax....probably going with the 2015 if RDX makes the cut..$6k plus tax is a lot of cheddar.

If I can get her into an RDX, it will be a big victory vs. having an HRV on the driveway.

#9141416 - 09/26/17 08:02 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

yeah figured as much, good diu can be had. maybe paint match that front grill on the 2015? honestly vas and his venza suggestion isn't bad. seems to check all the boxes for usage, reliable and a common car that doesn't look that bad. better than a Crosstour *(RIP) lol.

what about that mazda one? cx7 or whatever? or that boxy one from a few years ago?

nissan has what? murano? (barf)

or a last gen inifinity FX series - 2013 i think it was? what replaced it for 2014-2017 thus far?

...unless she agrees to a "slight" degree of modding \:D

#9141453 - 09/26/17 08:46 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

She had a Mazda 3 before the Fiat so "no more rusty Mazdas". Venza is too old man in her eyes because her sis' in laws has one. I really like the exhaust tones from the FX....can show her the next time we drive by one. A black one would look AOK!
#9141454 - 09/26/17 08:49 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

That crosstour looks like a Panamera.
#9142513 - 09/27/17 08:58 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

I really like the exhaust tones from the FX....can show her the next time we drive by one. A black one would look AOK!

you bitch about $6000 difference and paying premium gas, you can't afford any luxury SUV that requires premium gas and its maintenance

#9142549 - 09/27/17 09:38 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: iamfob]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=faraz+auto+sales

#9142589 - 09/27/17 10:22 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: porschetr]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Forgot to update one of our experiences in negotiating trade-in...

We walked into a quiet Honda dealer, and the guy on the floor seemed hungry, but didn't say much at all about the car during test drive...

S/O decides now is the time to figure out how much her car is worth, so we go thru a whole formal process of getting the car appraised...

Ask questions of how much is remaining on the finance, any damages over $3k, etc. This gets a whole lot easier if you have this info handy...

Like clockwork, when it came down to pricing, the sales guy focused on 'monthly payments' .... i.e. You're paying $500/mth now, with the value of the trade-in and this/that, it's coming in at exactly $512/mth, etc. etc...

i.e. the guy moves numbers around, increasing/decreasing the trade-in value, or increasing/decreasing the cost of the new vehicle, etc.

At one pt, it was pretty obvious he was just moving money from 1 bucket to another, and the S/O got pretty upset

Anyway... No pearls of wisdumb here, just... documenting what we went thru...

#9142590 - 09/27/17 10:24 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Not sure what the experience was for my sis when she picked up a Honda (earlier this year), but her Murano trade-in was worth $1k at Markham Honda vs $7.5k at another Honda \:o
#9142615 - 09/27/17 10:39 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Yeah you need to do your homework on trade-in for sure. Decide what's your bottom line and be prepared to walk. I've noticed that only mainstream brands focus on monthly VS. luxury brands that do not. At Honda 'it's only $10 more a month if you go 84 months' lmaooo what!

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9143985 - 09/28/17 04:04 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: iamfob]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

I really like the exhaust tones from the FX....can show her the next time we drive by one. A black one would look AOK!

you bitch about $6000 difference and paying premium gas, you can't afford any luxury SUV that requires premium gas and its maintenance

Yup. For sure. Because $$ is infinite and $6000 (or 25% more) for a facelift version of the same car just ALWAYS makes perfect sense. I better just go get a bus pass because I can't afford it.

#9164657 - 10/20/17 12:36 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

UPDATE: S/O ordered and will be picking next wk a 2017(?) Nissan Qashqai AWD.

Not 100% sure wtf she chose as options or colour ... But it def ain't the top-end one.

And, as such, with the Qashqai purchase, it fucked up a Good Diu for the old car's winter tires for a fellow CSI member \:\| (Tires are 10mm wider, but the speedo won't be that bad.)

Edited by furball (10/20/17 12:54 PM)

#9164679 - 10/20/17 12:56 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

From a Q5 to a Rogue

#9164693 - 10/20/17 01:05 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Dude, we picked up a 2018 Audi Q5 Technik *AND* a 2017(?) Nissan Qashqai AWD.

From a Q5 to a Rogue

#9164709 - 10/20/17 01:14 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

From a Q5 to a Rogue

#9164711 - 10/20/17 01:15 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

From a Q5 to a Rogue

I stand by my statement.

#9164726 - 10/20/17 01:21 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

2 SUV's? Man that's fucking gay.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9164741 - 10/20/17 01:30 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

I guess it's marginally better than a baby blue CHR.
#9164748 - 10/20/17 01:33 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Qashqai is for her mom, in the Hammer. FFS, keep up with the threads!
#9164755 - 10/20/17 01:36 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Rogue is basically the Hamilton of CUVs, so that part makes sense.
#9164865 - 10/20/17 03:22 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

rogue...oh god no, please no.

#9164900 - 10/20/17 04:39 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Rogue seems like decent value for the money, why the hate?

Maybe i am jaded af, have spent a lot of time in random rental cars including the Quashai or whatever the fuck (had that in Europe), the ROgue, and every hyundai imaginable.

If you debadge all of them and i drove any of them back to back i literally have no idea what i am driving. Maybe the Hyundai i'd know as it has a very distinct slow downshifting process when you rev it high.

/living out of a 2018 sonata right now \:\|

#9164928 - 10/20/17 05:15 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Risky Business]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

+1 what is so bad about a rogue?

XD XD XD XD

#9164930 - 10/20/17 05:15 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

I guess it's marginally better than a baby blue CHR.

LOL NO

XD XD XD XD

#9165057 - 10/20/17 08:36 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Because it's not a Honda? Please enlighten everyone why a Rogue is a no?

#9165370 - 10/21/17 12:46 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: iamfob]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Rouge seems like a good bang for the buck....too bad wife doesn't like it.
#9165567 - 10/21/17 09:33 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: iamfob]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Because it's not a Honda? Please enlighten everyone why a Rogue is a no?

nissan makes a decent product.

but it's ugly as fuck.

#9165573 - 10/21/17 09:49 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

And the HRV isn't?

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9165989 - 10/22/17 07:31 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Checked out the RDX.....Its probably the one we will end up with. Will wait for December or January to get since we don't need it until April.
#9166002 - 10/22/17 07:56 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Anonymous]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

I keep getting logged off. Will go for the 2016 RDX Elite. Aiming for $30k all in after trading in the Fiat.
#9166099 - 10/22/17 10:03 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Wasn't your budget 30k all in before trades? If your budget is actually 40k+ then you have way better options than a turd of an RDX.
#9166233 - 10/23/17 08:53 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Risky Business]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Could get into a new X1 for that price. Rather have that over the dinosaur RDX. Shit is going to be a hog on gas, not to mention fugly as well.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9166314 - 10/23/17 09:52 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Risky Business]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Wasn't your budget 30k all in before trades? If your budget is actually 40k+ then you have way better options than a turd of an RDX.

It was. The Fiat is probably worth $4k or so. The 2016 has a lot more options along with more factory warranty so decided to pony up a little more for that.

I have to look into the X1 but I am under the impression that if we want a similarly equipped X1, it would be a bit more than what we want to pay.

You guys are right...worth looking at if I am willing to pay more. We are holding off until early 2018 so the prices may drop more (The Fiat isn't going to drop more than it already has)

#9166325 - 10/23/17 10:02 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

You should get a Rogue
#9166331 - 10/23/17 10:05 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

You should get a Rogue

Wife says elbow too pointy......I wish I could. Can find a nicely equipped used pretty cheap.

#9166800 - 10/23/17 03:06 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

lol not sure why rdx hate? thing sells well it seems and the newer ones look decent . don't forget it's at the end of its life cycle so the v6 in it now is decent but prob could improve on mileage lol. the 2019 rdx will be all new (as i mentioned to a2b earlier, if he can hold out then good if not oh well).

x1 meh, not a fan...drives choppy as hell (least the old one did) and it's tiny for the money. also they start at like 40.5k...so you'll be well beyond that after. if you get used, well bimmer prices fall off a cliff by the 2nd year so maybe you can land a nice used one?? but just make sure you have warranty :p . x1 is wannabe baller, go x3 or don't go at all

hrv goes up vs. quashqai or whatever stupid ass name car it is lol, not vs. rogue man. that's apples to apples. the crv would go against rogue/murano. oh and it's murano that's ugly as fuuuuuck sorry, rogue is better.

#9166807 - 10/23/17 03:11 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

oh how bout dis doe?

https://www.volvocars.com/en-ca/cars/new-models/xc40

not bad obama

#9166811 - 10/23/17 03:14 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

xc40 is a beaut!
Also @X1 comments....X1 only makes sense if it were to be leased.
We all know why \:D \:D \:D

XD XD XD XD

#9166846 - 10/23/17 03:44 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

I keep getting logged off. Will go for the 2016 RDX Elite. Aiming for $30k all in after trading in the Fiat.

sick. good choice. if you'd like i think i have a $1200 off coupon at maple acura, maybe it'll be transferable

#9167030 - 10/23/17 07:06 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: titty sprinkles]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

sick. good choice. if you'd like i think i have a $1200 off coupon at maple acura, maybe it'll be transferable

dat for maple syrup?! shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

#9167076 - 10/23/17 07:42 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

We need to do a brain scan of OP & SO, this thread stopped making sense.
#9167315 - 10/23/17 09:33 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Risky Business]
Anonymous
Unregistered

2018 RDX totally not in the cards $$ wise.

The cheapest daily rental X1 is at the very upper end of what we want to spend. I can't say I am a fan of automatic BMW tranny. Know a couple people who had tranny issues with BMW and we plan to keep it a while so I want to avoid that.

As for the $1200 coupon, when I am ready to roll, I'll PM you Jason, we can work something out. \:D

#9167369 - 10/23/17 10:34 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Anonymous]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

I haven't heard of any real issues with the 8spd auto. Honda on the other hand specializes in glass transmissions. Why not look into the CRV way better buy than the RDX Imo. It's better looking, more room and updated interior oh and no stupid Acura beak.

The POS type R is suffering 3rd gear breakdowns lmfaooo. Honda you turd work on your fucking transmissions for once.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9167532 - 10/24/17 08:11 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Wife may think elbows on the new CRV may be too pointy. She hates appliances shopping and car shopping.

We were at Markham Honda a couple of weeks ago and got the classic car salesman treatment and she is soooo over looking at cars.

I feel her mind is kinda made up. RDX isn't the worst thing as it is much better equipped vs her original HRV.

About a month ago, Cadillac had a lease special for their new XT5 small SUV for low $400s a month for a 2 year lease. A not so close friend picked one up and was raving about it. Would have been cool to be driving that around with no commitment after 2 years. Could have been making side coin driving as Uber Black.

Edited by A2B-Lexus (10/24/17 08:14 AM)

#9167540 - 10/24/17 08:21 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

You know the RDX takes premium gas right?
#9167557 - 10/24/17 08:37 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Risky Business]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Yup....its ok. We don't drive a lot. 10,000 kms a year at most. This is just for taking junior to doc appointment duties, etc.

Going to hold out as long as possible as well. Hoping that the 2018 will be out and this current model will drop more $$$$

#9167777 - 10/24/17 11:38 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
The Postman Offline
Post Master Sr

RDX hasnt taken premium since the turdbo ones. The 3.5 in the new ones take regular gas. Only the Honda/Acura GDI's recommend premium now.

I actually quite enjoyed my 16 RDX. No issues with it, V6 and 6At were bullitproof, it was roomy and had a decent navi and stereo, etc. Kinda loud on the highway, but thats my only complaint.

#9168007 - 10/24/17 01:30 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: The Postman]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Thanks for the info. The HRV is LOUD. We'll see...got a couple more months for the prices to drop.
#9168089 - 10/24/17 02:33 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Anonymous]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
2018 RDX totally not in the cards $$ wise.

The cheapest daily rental X1 is at the very upper end of what we want to spend. I can't say I am a fan of automatic BMW tranny. Know a couple people who had tranny issues with BMW and we plan to keep it a while so I want to avoid that.

As for the $1200 coupon, when I am ready to roll, I'll PM you Jason, we can work something out. \:D

for sure. i don't think i'm going to use it, maple acura wanted too much money for the aspec which is straight dumb because i'll just go to whoever is on unhaggle and buy the damn thing. who in their right mind would say "sure, rip me off and charge me a bunch more money". or i'll just go back to barrie acura.

#9168176 - 10/24/17 03:48 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: titty sprinkles]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

. who in their right mind would say "sure, rip me off and charge me a bunch more money, I'm blind anyways"

Every Single Acura buyer...

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9168200 - 10/24/17 04:32 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

lmao that's bmw's sale's tactic every year.

bmw meeting: "ok guys, let's charge 20k more than the competition...if they ask why...just point to the badge"

#9168214 - 10/24/17 04:51 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: titty sprinkles]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

LOL

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9191151 - 11/19/17 12:33 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Pulled the trigger and grabbed a 2017 RDX Tech used. 42,xxx kms $34.5k plus tax.

I think I did ok as MSRP on these are $47k. They were offering $5000 incentive on 2018s but with all the freight and PDI, still almost 48-$10k diff.

Gotta look for a set of winter tires now.

#9191188 - 11/19/17 07:56 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

This is a great example of how 99% of the population gets oversold on a car and can't stick to a budget. I personally appreciated this follow through.

Congrats on the car! Now post pixxxx

You made out well though, buying high mileage out of the gate which won't see much in terms of km will average out well over time!

#9191361 - 11/19/17 04:50 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Risky Business]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Thanks!! We don't drive much so high kms we were good with.

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Acura/RDX/Tor...showcpo=ShowCPO

Here is the twin with less kms. (they took the ad down for my car) Mine was a highway queen with lots of trips/service in London Ontario from what the Carfax said. The body was spotless aside from a few stone chips on the FUGLY Acura beak. The car probably stayed in the garage while not in use. The twin was a city slut. Lots of tree sap and crap on the paint and fade.

I decided on the 2017 vs the 2015 for the warranty, newer tires, face lift, and more options. For $8k diff, its a lot more car and less wear and tear stuff.

They were ready to walk on me. LOL I made it to the dealer at 5:20 and they close at 6. We were haggling until 7 and I couldn't even squeeze them for a set of winter mats.

The Fiat they took for $2500. I just wanted to get rid of it and not deal with tire kickers.

Grabbed a set of 2017 RDX rims with tps for $600 and winter mats for $90 today on Kijiji. I new set of winter boots and we are good to go.

#9191651 - 11/20/17 08:00 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

congrats man and nice choice ;\) \:D - the car looks good not sure what drugs hator is on. warranty on these is quite low too so hopefully she runs well for you. winters aren't even a must buuuuut suggested.

and no, i can't get parts :P

#9191659 - 11/20/17 08:06 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

So the Qashqai has settled into the fleet, and the winter tires are on ... Now we get the TPMS warning light, as there are no sensors in the rims Thankfully the S/O's ok with it -- I'm more pissed about it than anything.

Next up is getting a solution for the H7 projector low-beams ... the light output is horrendous. Seeing if I can find an LED and/or HID solution for it -- trying not to drill through the dust cap. Thoughts?

#9191673 - 11/20/17 08:21 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Thoughts?

Don't buy a Rogue.

#9191744 - 11/20/17 09:13 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

So the Qashqai has settled into the fleet, and the winter tires are on ... Now we get the TPMS warning light, as there are no sensors in the rims Thankfully the S/O's ok with it -- I'm more pissed about it than anything.

Next up is getting a solution for the H7 projector low-beams ... the light output is horrendous. Seeing if I can find an LED and/or HID solution for it -- trying not to drill through the dust cap. Thoughts?

HID will eventually yellow the housings. A halogen housing isn't built for the heat HID produce. Actually, even Hatorade's p car has messed up headlight housings from the HID's being on all the time. So LED would be the safer solution if you care about that sort of thing.

The "GTR Gen 3" LED's are rated the brightest, and are most suited for projectors as they have designed it so that the diodes reflect light *as close to 360 degrees as possible*, and the diodes are in the same position as the filaments on the halogen bulb. So same beam pattern, more light. 199usd doe. These use Philips LED's and they are BOMB. I ran Philips for my fogs and they were insane.

Anything cheaper is not really worth it on the LED front - may as well stick with halogen. I've tried 3 sets of LED's now and by far is Philips. GTR Gen3 take the philips design and optimize it further. Stupid name, but proper bulbs.

XD XD XD XD

#9191754 - 11/20/17 09:21 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Female driver? Keep high-beams on all the time.
#9191790 - 11/20/17 09:34 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: 4age]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

HIDs generate MORE HEAT? This is news to me...

I always thought 55W halogens > ??W LEDs > 35W HIDs in terms of heat inside the lamp???

The GTR Gen 3 only has 1 really biased-looking video review that I've found, else I haven't found much online ... I've been eyeing those forever, but the heat output scares me ... they're just under 100 degrees C for operating temp, with no active fan, just passive heatsink. (i.e. for the Qashqai, the 'ass' of the bulb is where the passive heatsink is, which is outside the projector, but inside the headlamp.)

I was eyeing also the Morimoto LED bulbs ....

HID will eventually yellow the housings. A halogen housing isn't built for the heat HID produce. Actually, even Hatorade's p car has messed up headlight housings from the HID's being on all the time. So LED would be the safer solution if you care about that sort of thing.

The "GTR Gen 3" LED's are rated the brightest, and are most suited for projectors as they have designed it so that the diodes reflect light *as close to 360 degrees as possible*, and the diodes are in the same position as the filaments on the halogen bulb. So same beam pattern, more light. 199usd doe. These use Philips LED's and they are BOMB. I ran Philips for my fogs and they were insane.

Edited by furball (11/20/17 09:40 AM)

#9191807 - 11/20/17 09:39 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

congrats man and nice choice ;\) \:D - the car looks good not sure what drugs hator is on. warranty on these is quite low too so hopefully she runs well for you. winters aren't even a must buuuuut suggested.

I can’t think of anything I would need for this unless you can redesign that front grill. At the end of the day, we needed a new ride and this one checked all the boxes.

I wouldn’t pay msrp for new but $35k, it’s a lot of car for the $$.

Edited by A2B-Lexus (11/20/17 09:41 AM)

#9191818 - 11/20/17 09:47 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

if one can get over Honda's fugly designs yes they are good bang for the buck and whoever buys a brand new one without signicant discounts either doesn't respect their money or is retarded.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9191868 - 11/20/17 10:24 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

There is a $5000 credit right now for 2018s but that’s another $8000 or so on top that I wasn’t willing to drop. Lol
#9191949 - 11/20/17 10:57 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Don't blame you lol

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9191992 - 11/20/17 11:20 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

HIDs generate MORE HEAT? This is news to me...

I always thought 55W halogens > ??W LEDs > 35W HIDs in terms of heat inside the lamp???

The GTR Gen 3 only has 1 really biased-looking video review that I've found, else I haven't found much online ... I've been eyeing those forever, but the heat output scares me ... they're just under 100 degrees C for operating temp, with no active fan, just passive heatsink. (i.e. for the Qashqai, the 'ass' of the bulb is where the passive heatsink is, which is outside the projector, but inside the headlamp.)

I was eyeing also the Morimoto LED bulbs ....

I ran philips led in tiny fog housings and they were always on.
no issues. the passive heat sinks is better than the fans, as the fans die real quick in there. And they resonate with the housing and you can hear the fans. not the most fun thing in the world.

RE HID: i dont think there will be a single HID bulb that will work in a halogen based projector housing and have the optics work properly. the HID bulb is way way way way way longer. your only option is LED.

XD XD XD XD

#9191994 - 11/20/17 11:21 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: 4age]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

@A2B-Lexus - they took 2500 on the fiat? Arent those worth like 10k used? @_@

XD XD XD XD

#9191999 - 11/20/17 11:23 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: 4age]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

We have a 2012 Sport. They are going for about $5k on the autotrader. Could have proabably sold privately but there are so many on the trader. Don’t want to deal with tire kickers.

Abarths are $12k plus. Would like one of these one day.

Edited by A2B-Lexus (11/20/17 11:26 AM)

#9192447 - 11/20/17 04:37 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

cmon the beak isn't that bad lol

nice buy! i overheated the 4wd system on a few of them when i had them as loaners

Edited by titty sprinkles (11/20/17 04:38 PM)

#9192450 - 11/20/17 04:42 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: titty sprinkles]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Now they went from ugly beak to that hideous superman grill now.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9192453 - 11/20/17 04:48 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

So your SO bought a Q5 and a Nissan?

wtf

#9192455 - 11/20/17 04:48 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Update: apologies for all the boners and misunderstandings...

Ordered the Q5. Not the SQ5. \:\| (I was supposed to say Q5 with S-line trim, but we also x-nayed that...)

The diamond-stitching seats really got the boner going... Until wifey said fuck that shit ...

The Q5 we got is pretty optioned out ... We got the cooling seats I think, and the console dash ... She hates the HUD, so either we killed it or we'll turn it off if it does come with it.

I come home to find out she's now looking at some fucking Audi forums Says the nutty Q5 owners are bugging their sales reps for delivery updates, then TRACKING the cargo ships or some shit... Well, she ain't gonna be on CSI:ON that's for sure <runsToSignUpForAllAudiForums>

#9192458 - 11/20/17 04:49 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

UPDATE: S/O ordered and will be picking next wk a 2017(?) Nissan Qashqai AWD.

Not 100% sure wtf she chose as options or colour ... But it def ain't the top-end one.

And, as such, with the Qashqai purchase, it fucked up a Good Diu for the old car's winter tires for a fellow CSI member \:\| (Tires are 10mm wider, but the speedo won't be that bad.)

#9192459 - 11/20/17 04:49 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Risky Business]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

This is a communication cluster fuck and i just wasted 5 minutes of my life trying to understand what the fuck you bought jfc
#9192501 - 11/20/17 05:48 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Risky Business]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Typical furball shit

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9192553 - 11/20/17 07:20 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Seriously the only clear thing here is that A2B bought the RDX in a thread that's not even his, yet no one knows what the fuck else is happening in here.

#9192583 - 11/20/17 08:10 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Risky Business]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Yup lol.

A2b saved the shit show of a thread.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9192605 - 11/20/17 08:36 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: titty sprinkles]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

nice buy! i overheated the 4wd system on a few of them when i had them as loaners

I saw you in your hood yesterday around 2 PM or so. Was in Sauga grabbing some winter mats.

The beak is ok. Not great but still leap years more car than HRV.

#9192613 - 11/20/17 08:46 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
The Postman Offline
Post Master Sr

I just sold my RDX winter tires. Still have the wheels and TPMS though lol.
#9192643 - 11/20/17 09:27 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

I saw you in your hood yesterday around 2 PM or so. Was in Sauga grabbing some winter mats.

The beak is ok. Not great but still leap years more car than HRV.

oh ya right, had a detail to do in sauga yesterday lol

#9192652 - 11/20/17 09:32 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: The Postman]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: The Postman
I just sold my RDX winter tires. Still have the wheels and TPMS though lol.

I got a set of RDX 18" Elite wheels with TPMS for $600. \:D Had I known, wouldn't need to drive to Sauga...but pretty sure you weren't going to give them away.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-tires-rims/missi...gationFlag=true

Condition isn't perfect but way more than good enough for winter wheels. Had to order a replacement center cap. Extra $12 USD. \:D

#9192786 - 11/21/17 07:43 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Update: Q5 arriving to Concord, Ont week of Dec 3.
#9195164 - 11/24/17 09:24 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Picked up the ride last night. Looks and feels BNIB. The lane departure is annoying as shit. Every time I take the optimum racing line on a curve, it beeps. Lol

Edited by A2B-Lexus (11/24/17 09:25 AM)

#9195295 - 11/24/17 04:10 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Can't you turn it off? Mine is permanent off \:D

XD XD XD XD

#9195374 - 11/24/17 07:46 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: 4age]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

because it's trying to write itself off
#9195815 - 11/25/17 10:07 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Risky Business]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Can't you turn it off? Mine is permanent off \:D

I will when I drive.

because it's trying to write itself off

Srsly! RDX does not read the optimal line out of the apex.

#9195828 - 11/25/17 10:23 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
The Postman Offline
Post Master Sr

Picked up the ride last night. Looks and feels BNIB. The lane departure is annoying as shit. Every time I take the optimum racing line on a curve, it beeps. Lol

Its just reminding you that you didnt buy some eurotrash.

#9195837 - 11/25/17 11:04 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: The Postman]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Lol I'll take euro trash over Acura fugly designs any day. Lexus is doing much better now and they sell. Acura needs to blow out inventory for sales lol

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9195985 - 11/26/17 11:56 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

The RX were steep....even used. This was good bang for the buck. Wife got used to it already. Win for all.

We are getting about the same fuel economy as my Lexus but the Lexus is slow as tard. Oh well. I look cool at least.

#9196008 - 11/26/17 02:18 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Yup if good diu it's good. I was looking at the mdx as they are cheap used but couldn't get past the look of the car *barf*

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9196686 - 11/27/17 02:18 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

I don't understand the RX. got one last week as a loaner because the NX had to go in for service. the thing is stupid big, yet doesn't have much more room than the NX. 100% status suv.

and the lane keep assist i leave off until i'm on the highway. you'll learn to love it, oh you need to plug in your phone? Jesus take the wheel. it's one of the most used things in my car, after a long ass shift and hitting the gym after work im on the empty hwy just lazing back barely driving lol

Edited by titty sprinkles (11/27/17 02:18 PM)

#9196772 - 11/27/17 03:34 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Yup if good diu it's good. I was looking at the mdx as they are cheap used but couldn't get past the look of the car *barf*

Looks better than HRV so it’s good enough for me.

#9196774 - 11/27/17 03:38 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

HRV is a cruel joke and it's quite sad that people actually buy that shit.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9197164 - 11/28/17 09:34 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: titty sprinkles]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

The RX's rear cabin area is fucking MASSIVE, compared to the NX.

I don't understand the RX. got one last week as a loaner because the NX had to go in for service. the thing is stupid big, yet doesn't have much more room than the NX. 100% status suv.

#9197287 - 11/28/17 11:21 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

The RX350 dimensions

Rear Headroom
993 mm (39.1 in.)

Rear Legroom
964.5 mm (38.0 in.)

Rear Shoulder Room
1462.3 mm (57.6 in.)

http://www.lexus.ca/lexus/en/automobiles/rx/specifications

NX300

Rear Headroom
967.2 mm (38.08 in.)

Rear Legroom
918 mm (36.1 in.)

Rear Shoulder Room
1405 mm (55.3 in.)

http://www.lexus.ca/lexus/en/automobiles/nx/specifications#spec_category_dimension

#9197289 - 11/28/17 11:24 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

I know someone who bought a top of the line HR-V EX-L for $36,000

#9197299 - 11/28/17 11:35 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: iamfob]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Were they on drugs?

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9197321 - 11/28/17 12:11 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

WTF an HRV can cost 36k?!!!!!!!!!

XD XD XD XD

#9197329 - 11/28/17 12:20 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Were they on drugs?

Probably a CHR owner looking to upgrade.

#9197375 - 11/28/17 01:19 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Were they on drugs?

Probably a CHR owner looking to upgrade.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLL

XD XD XD XD

#9197422 - 11/28/17 02:11 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: iamfob]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

The RX350 dimensions

Rear Headroom
993 mm (39.1 in.)

Rear Legroom
964.5 mm (38.0 in.)

Rear Shoulder Room
1462.3 mm (57.6 in.)

http://www.lexus.ca/lexus/en/automobiles/rx/specifications

NX300

Rear Headroom
967.2 mm (38.08 in.)

Rear Legroom
918 mm (36.1 in.)

Rear Shoulder Room
1405 mm (55.3 in.)

http://www.lexus.ca/lexus/en/automobiles/nx/specifications#spec_category_dimension

whopping two inches all around. das massive.

oh and i had three adults in the back, one in the front and the three were squished together.

Edited by titty sprinkles (11/28/17 02:17 PM)

#9204046 - 12/07/17 03:31 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: titty sprinkles]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Q5 at the dealer, getting tint done. Winter tires ordered and ready for pick-up.

- Likely picking up the Q5 next week.
- Qashqai getting Morimoto LED/HID in the low beam projectors this weekend. Delivered and awaiting install/tests.

Edited by furball (12/07/17 03:36 PM)

#9204057 - 12/07/17 03:40 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Did you really get tint done at the dealer? You must like bending over.

Those morimoto are going to look like shit. Are you trying to kill your mother in law?

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9204415 - 12/07/17 10:58 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: titty sprinkles]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

and the lane keep assist i leave off until i'm on the highway. you'll learn to love it, oh you need to plug in your phone? Jesus take the wheel. it's one of the most used things in my car, after a long ass shift and hitting the gym after work im on the empty hwy just lazing back barely driving lol

RX is a bigger car.
Slightly short than the MDX, longer than X5.

Wider and deeper cargo than 2012 MKX(by 2-3") but not as tall.
Maybe because Canadian RXs store a full size spare instead of a doughnut. US version comes with a small spare.
I am sure it has much bigger leg room than the NX. Maybe your loaner had the seats pulled forward. Yes, the rear seats move back and forth.
2018 will have 3rd row seats. RX350L. The rear quarter is extended as well.

https://youtu.be/MAF-nRd7rOg?t=1m50s

#9204498 - 12/08/17 07:26 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Does anything fucking positive ever come out of your (virtual) mouth? Fuck dude.

re: tint, It's called convenience in this case, and just got it done in one shot.

re: LED/HID...As I said.... tests will be done. If it's a fucked light beam, it's out. I have LED and HID to toy with, so we'll see. Just mocking it up, something seems off ...

a) the H11 triple cut-outs when inserting the LED bulb seems too thick, so it's not holding properly in the bulb hole.... (Morimoto 2-Stroke H11 LED)
b) The (LED) plug connector prongs to the OEM wiring doesn't seem to line up -- one has wider spacing than the other..... It looks kinda fishy...

Haven't tried the H11b HID kit yet ... Which is the likely setup for the H11 projector in the Qashqai. (The LED mock-up was just a quickie, was hoping to take a spin out last night...)

Those morimoto are going to look like shit. Are you trying to kill your mother in law?

Edited by furball (12/08/17 07:37 AM)

#9204517 - 12/08/17 07:57 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

I'm not understanding the need for HID/LED upgrade on mom-in-law's Rogue.
#9204611 - 12/08/17 09:29 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Does anything fucking positive ever come out of your (virtual) mouth? Fuck dude.

re: tint, It's called convenience in this case, and just got it done in one shot.

re: LED/HID...As I said.... tests will be done. If it's a fucked light beam, it's out. I have LED and HID to toy with, so we'll see. Just mocking it up, something seems off ...

a) the H11 triple cut-outs when inserting the LED bulb seems too thick, so it's not holding properly in the bulb hole.... (Morimoto 2-Stroke H11 LED)
b) The (LED) plug connector prongs to the OEM wiring doesn't seem to line up -- one has wider spacing than the other..... It looks kinda fishy...

Haven't tried the H11b HID kit yet ... Which is the likely setup for the H11 projector in the Qashqai. (The LED mock-up was just a quickie, was hoping to take a spin out last night...)

Positive? Looks at handle; nope.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9204733 - 12/08/17 10:49 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
spd-dmn Offline
Post Master

HRV at 36k doesn't surprise me.

Someone told me they bought a new loaded CR-V and out the door was 53k.

I don't even know how that's physically possible.

#9204750 - 12/08/17 10:58 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: spd-dmn]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Top trim starts at $41k. You can add about $10k in accessories
#9204773 - 12/08/17 11:20 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: spd-dmn]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

HRV at 36k doesn't surprise me.

I don't even know how that's physically possible.

How? I looked into one and was offered the touring for around $35k + freight/pdi and tax. Still a far cry from 53k. From what I remember there wasn't any packages to add on that even came near 5k never mind 10k lol

Unless they also bought all the garbage warranties/protection packages/electronic rust module lmfaooo

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9204777 - 12/08/17 11:22 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Go on Honda's site, you can accessorize it out the ass.

$3k rims
$500 seat protector
Roof rack, bumpers, lighted side sills, tow package.....

#9204802 - 12/08/17 11:46 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: spd-dmn]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

\:o \:o \:o

#9205047 - 12/08/17 02:59 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Go on Honda's site, you can accessorize it out the ass.

$3k rims
$500 seat protector
Roof rack, bumpers, lighted side sills, tow package.....

yep, it's like they took a page out of audi's/bmw's handbook, include nothing, making everything an option!

#9205475 - 12/09/17 10:45 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: titty sprinkles]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Installed my winter wheels. TPMS doesn't read. A nice to have considering it came with the wheels I got. Gotta read the manual / interweb on how to reset them.

#9205758 - 12/09/17 10:21 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Installed my winter wheels. TPMS doesn't read. A nice to have considering it came with the wheels I got. Gotta read the manual / interweb on how to reset them.

there's direct and indirect. hopefully yours is the newer one where you press the button and it resets once you drive it a bit. if not then you have to go to the dlr so they can you a tool to reset it.

#9206288 - 12/11/17 06:48 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

The used wheels are from the Elite trim so the oldest it could be is 2016. Is the button just the traction control button? The manual was kinda lacking.
#9206398 - 12/11/17 09:32 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

The used wheels are from the Elite trim so the oldest it could be is 2016. Is the button just the traction control button? The manual was kinda lacking.

nope, if you have the button to reset it'll have the (!) logo on it, i think bottom left side of dash? i forget since drive so many different cars get freaking confusing after awhile. that's on newer models they have it though. yours should i think. then you just drive the car a bit to reset i believe.

hopefully these help:
http://www.moderntiredealer.com/article/722765/tpms-acura-ilx-mdx-rdx-rlx-tl-tlx-tsx-and-zdx-2007-16

http://www.thetpmsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?5-Acura-TPMS&s=cc5612b7681aea103f397a8cf5eb0cb8
(see if have RDX thread)

https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rdx-tires-wheels-suspension-410/rdx-2016-tpms-936830/

Edited by Screamin DC2R (12/11/17 09:34 AM)

#9206436 - 12/11/17 10:04 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Thanks! I will check it out. 😎👍
#9208534 - 12/13/17 04:05 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

No button. Boooooouuuuurns.

Edited by A2B-Lexus (12/13/17 04:05 PM)

#9212143 - 12/18/17 11:16 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

So, I've had the Qashqai to myself for a few days ...

Here's some insight into the vehicle:
- Apparently the wife picked up the 2WD model, despite the fact the only reason it was on the list was cuz it had 4WD \:\| FML wtf logic.
- The hood prop stick is located on the underside of the hood
- low beam projectors with Morimoto H11b HIDs are fucking mint. There's less glare looking at it from a rearview mirror, than the glare from OEM Audi Q5. Cutoff is also mint.
- First time driving a CVT transmission ... it's... uninspiring...
- The wipers piss me off. If you flick it, it'll wipe twice, then 3 seconds later, wipe once more.
- Hate the quality of the backup cam...
- Fogs are pretty much useless
- I like the size of the vehicle
- I like how the trunk has 2 'layers', and can lift one section up to separate it into 2.
- It's got a 'ram-air' duct behind the grill to direct air to the intake

As for the Q5 ... I haven't had much hands-on myself, but:
- road noise is a bit louder than I'd expect from a luxo S/CUV
- Apple CarPlay is annoying as you have to plug it into the USB port; less voltage than a high-end Anker cigarette lighter plug, and wired.
- It has the 'kick-under-the-bumper' auto trunk open/close ... Sweet.
- Accent lighting all over the place ... sweet
- Not a true fan (yet?) of the in-dash map. Though it's great in that it'll start training the wife in directions (North, South, East, West.)

Edited by furball (12/18/17 11:19 AM)

#9212185 - 12/18/17 11:58 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

- Apparently the wife picked up the 2WD model, despite the fact the only reason it was on the list was cuz it had 4WD \:\| FML wtf logic.

how does this happen

#9212202 - 12/18/17 12:12 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Risky Business]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving.
#9212233 - 12/18/17 12:36 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

#9212264 - 12/18/17 12:56 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

I'd love to hear how OP found out it was a fwd model...that must've been a riot.

/don't worry I got awd boys, as he does a 1 wheel burnout trying to get up his driveway.

#9212386 - 12/18/17 02:44 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Risky Business]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

#9212439 - 12/18/17 03:34 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: titty sprinkles]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

I guess FWD = FWD lmfaoooo

Furball always delivers. I'd be too embarrassed to post this shit up if it were me.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9213241 - 12/19/17 12:59 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Epic Fail. Should have bought a Sentra then get a lift kit afterward
since it's also FWD

#9233115 - 01/16/18 07:17 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: iamfob]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

My RDX has been good. Wife got used to it real quick.

http://autoweek.com/article/detroit-auto...troit-auto-show

The new one looks a lot like the MDX crossed with a Lexus RX / NX. Overall, I like the new one's look better.

Page all of 8 12345>Last »

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads