The FA backed the winning candidate on Friday, and Dyke welcomed Infantino's election after a "terrible few years" for rs gold."It's been a corrupted organisation for a very long period of time," Dyke told Sky News.

"There's a big job to be done. But at least we've got a reform programme and at least we've got a president in whom we can trust."(Infantino is) very competent, very organised, very together. Not a showman, but good fun. He has got a lot of qualities and it will be very good for FIFA."

Dyke confirmed the FA, which emphatically lost out to Russia in voting for the 2018 tournament, may be tempted to bid for the World Cup now that FIFA has a new leader.He said: "The reason we wouldn't deal with a Blatter FIFA is because we didn't think we'd win. And there was so much bad blood from the last time we tried - at Government level as well as at the FA level.

It was almost impossible to deal with him. This is a new day, a new dawn. I think we will certainly try to win some tournaments."(The World Cup in) 2026 will go to North America, but we will maybe go for 2030."It will be a future FA chairman who pushes forward with that plan, as Dyke leaves the association this summer.Blatter believes the right choice was made by FIFA members, and told German broadcaster ZDF: "I'm happy that Gianni Infantino is president, a man from (the Swiss region of) Oberwallis like me.