There has been speculation throughout Sexwale's FIFA Coins low-key campaign that he could pull out, but he began his speech by saying: "I am a soldier and I die with my boots on."Sexwale had not been backed by his own African soccer confederation, with CAF making public in January its support of Asian confederation president Sheikh Salman bin Ebrahim al-Khalifa of Bahrain. (Reporting by Simon Evans; Writing by Brian Homewood; Editing by Kevin Liffey) England consider 2030 world cup bid as gianni infantino lands fifa top job | Daily Mail Online.

England consider 2030 World Cup bid as Gianni Infantino lands FIFA top job ByPress Association Published: 14:18 EST, 27 February 2016 | Updated: 14:18 EST, 27 February 2016 e-mail Football Association chairman Greg Dyke predicted the election of Gianni Infantino as FIFA president could trigger an English bid for the 2030 World Cup.Among those congratulating Infantino on his surprise victory was ousted former

FIFA chief Sepp Blatter, a man whose leadership meant the FA had ruled out attempting to draw future tournaments to England.Infantino's victory came after a second round of voting at the world governing body's extraordinary congress in Zurich, as the 45-year-old Swiss lawyer saw off Sheikh Salman bin Ibrahim al Khalifa of Bahrain. Greg Dyke confirmed the

FA may be tempted to bid for the World Cup now that FIFA has a new leaderHe secured 115 votes to Sheikh Salman's 88 to become the second successive Swiss president, and takes over at a crucial time in FIFA's history.Blatter was voted in as president for a fifth time last May, but he stepped aside days later amid allegations which led to a six-year ban from football-related activity, which he is contesting, strenuously protesting his innocence.