Page all of 5 12345>
Topic Options
#9419516 - 10/16/18 02:19 PM sooooo....it's legal tomorrow
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUGFhVWPOFs

what do you guys think? good move? tomorrow will toronto look like this?

everyone seems to be sending out info about this, got like 3 emails from the school board and the school saying that if your kid is caught with weed at school or caught high they treat it as if your kid has alcohol and they are suspended lol

also, now that it's legal, if you're a parent, you going to get mad if they get high?

Edited by titty sprinkles (10/16/18 02:32 PM)

#9419549 - 10/16/18 02:33 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: titty sprinkles]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
Think it will be like the topless women law that came into effect years ago. Lots of push and talk for it to happen but when legal, everyone goes back to status quo.

Those who use will do so in the same fashion, small percentage will try for the first time and majority will never touch the stuff.

Edit: for my kids I will treat it like alcohol and cigarettes. Not like they are at the age to touch it but I will not demonize it anymore than the other two.

#9419600 - 10/16/18 02:58 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Big Tasty]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

i have a feeling that work will be a shit show with people trying it for the first time and having ill effects from it.

let's face it, kids today will atleast try alcohol by 16, and with weed legal it won't be any different.

Edited by titty sprinkles (10/16/18 02:59 PM)

#9419618 - 10/16/18 03:09 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: titty sprinkles]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Watching the news this morning they were saying that gov pricing is much higher than "street value" weed so will see of the current users, who will move to legit stores vs their own connections.
#9419621 - 10/16/18 03:12 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: titty sprinkles]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

My HR dept sent out a big policy revision regarding drugs and being fit for work. Any booze or drugs use/smell and you can get sent home immediately or to Medical where the Dr/RNs/Fire Fighters will assess you.

What I think will be funny is all the hard core potheads to dumb to know the laws getting caught smoking weed at work, in public, etc etc.

Weed should have be legalized long ago. Booze is way worse for you.

#9419625 - 10/16/18 03:13 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Big Tasty]
The Postman Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: Big Tasty
Watching the news this morning they were saying that gov pricing is much higher than "street value" weed so will see of the current users, who will move to legit stores vs their own connections.

You can order is online directly from "The Man".
https://ocslearn.ca/

#9419660 - 10/16/18 03:37 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: The Postman]
Mr.Bozack Offline
Sr Member

Loc: Ontario
I gotta say I'm looking forward to it and plan to celebrate tomorrow - It's about time and I'm not surprised that gov prices are top tier...they gotta get their take.

#9419780 - 10/16/18 05:28 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Big Tasty]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Think it will be like the topless women law that came into effect years ago. Lots of push and talk for it to happen but when legal, everyone goes back to status quo.

Nailed it, from my POV it will be pretty underwhelming. We don't have stores until 2019, all online retail for now.

And then the other side of it is all the legal weed people buy will be subpar shit, most of it is garbage and old inventory that's been stashed for this day. This could potentially hurt the industry if people conclude that black market weed is better than what they will be able to buy tomorrow (which will be accurate).

#9419787 - 10/16/18 05:35 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario
Been smoking for almost half my age. Overall it's a good thing but there are a lot of things wrong with the way they are going about it. Mainly because of greed and lack of knowledge. Baby steps though. Also I rather quit before I support ocs lol. I hope the site crashes and Canada Post goes on strike. Government should not be selling anything. Period
Don't even get me started on Markham. For me it's business as usual.

Edited by Low_Budget_Honda (10/16/18 05:35 PM)

#9419788 - 10/16/18 05:39 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: Risky Business

Nailed it, from my POV it will be pretty underwhelming. We don't have stores until 2019, all online retail for now.

And then the other side of it is all the legal weed people buy will be subpar shit, most of it is garbage and old inventory that's been stashed for this day. This could potentially hurt the industry if people conclude that black market weed is better than what they will be able to buy tomorrow (which will be accurate).

Agreed. Ocs will most likely be selling overpriced garbage.

#9419789 - 10/16/18 05:39 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: BroKe]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

What are your biggest concerns?
#9419829 - 10/16/18 06:24 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

What are your biggest concerns?

Honestly. I feel like access is huge. There just isn't enough. I've been buying weed online for the last 2 years. Weed goes legal and it's harder to find right now. I want to see craft cannibis companies like beer. I want to see branding. I feel like there's way more laws now than before it was legal. I feel like we are going backwards a little bit. I've been smoking concentrates and eating edibles for a while and now the only thing legal to buy i have to smoke. How does that make sense I feel like they grey market was set up in the right direction by the right people and now you've got a bunch of people that know nothing demanding a profit. The whole policing of it baffles me. It's weed. Not booze. Not close to booze. They should have spent their time and money getting rid of the stigmatism it carries than spreading lies. Impairment. What I can say about it is not everyone is the same. I don't think we need to make laws based off the people that have never smoked weed before. I am a bit biased about everything as I have smoked for 15-20 years everyday. But to see people punshied for the work that has been put in over the last 30 years by making dumb laws baffles me. I guess people just need to catch up. I could go on. But yea.

Edited by Low_Budget_Honda (10/16/18 06:25 PM)

#9419834 - 10/16/18 06:33 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: BroKe]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

I also have a theory that Markham has stricter weed laws because weed is illegal in Asia and Markham is 90% asian and alot of old people. Black and White people smoke more weed than Asians. If u catch my drift, I think it's some shady tactics to stray blacks and whites out of Markham. Also leaves room for Asians to run the black market in Markham since no dispensaries are allowed. Someone's getting paid on the back end.

Anyways. Markham is fuckin retarded

Edited by Low_Budget_Honda (10/16/18 06:36 PM)

#9419962 - 10/16/18 08:30 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: BroKe]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
markham and richmond hill both retarded yes.

meanwhile, eih, good they legalized it to an extent. i don't think we'll see any HUGE difference aside from seeing/smelling here a bit more here and there.

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9419972 - 10/16/18 08:42 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

I was curious and looked up some quick facts on the new laws,

you can legally carry up to an ounce of weed on you. is it me or is that alot of bud? shit. i thought the limit would be a 20sac or something.

Edited by titty sprinkles (10/16/18 08:42 PM)

#9419984 - 10/16/18 08:52 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: titty sprinkles]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
Legalization is great. It gives me lots of ideas for $1 Hallowe'en costumes this year.
#9420150 - 10/17/18 04:50 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

If it's "legal" then why is there a limit to how much one can carry/posses
#9420154 - 10/17/18 05:23 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: BroKe]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Out of curiosity, went on the ocs website to have a laugh. Cannot believe they are treating this thing like some class one drug still. You can't even see the actual bud you're buying lmao. What a joke
#9420157 - 10/17/18 05:37 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: BroKe]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

A lot of companies spent millions on branding before Health Canada announced the rules, now you have this fucked up packaging. lol
#9420171 - 10/17/18 06:55 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

For anyone looking to purchase from the OCS online retail store I'd recommend trying out anything by Broken Coast if you want good product.
#9420201 - 10/17/18 07:57 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

^is that one of youuurrrr buyers? \:D

site is up and running, not overloaded yet lol. feels odd it isn't blocked at work like we're so used to lol.
https://ocs.ca

#9420216 - 10/17/18 08:09 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

For anyone looking to purchase from the OCS online retail store I'd recommend trying out anything by Broken Coast if you want good product.

Good to know. I'm looking to get my med card and buy direct from an lp right now. Or it's back to Tha streets

#9420239 - 10/17/18 08:48 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: BroKe]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Was watching Breakfast Television this morning and of course they were all over the Weed story. My 7 yr old asked me about it and if smoking was bad and if I did it myself. Nice wake up call to show that they are aware of what's going on and watching what you are doing.
#9420248 - 10/17/18 09:03 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Screamin Type ARGH!
^is that one of youuurrrr buyers? \:D

site is up and running, not overloaded yet lol. feels odd it isn't blocked at work like we're so used to lol.
https://ocs.ca

Apparently OCS is almost sold out of most stuff already

#9420249 - 10/17/18 09:04 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Big Tasty]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Was watching Breakfast Television this morning and of course they were all over the Weed story. My 7 yr old asked me about it and if smoking was bad and if I did it myself. Nice wake up call to show that they are aware of what's going on and watching what you are doing.

Yea it's a change for sure, I am definitely against cannabis consumption by anyone 25 and under. While it's not as bad as alcohol there are proven links for it to potentially hinder parts of brain development, so 25 is your safest age.

#9420262 - 10/17/18 09:23 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
I'm prob one of the tiny slice of the pie that previously never smoked weed, and because it's legal/mainstream now, may try

I have some old-ass weed in the freezer ... ghetto buddy picked it up for me from Jane/Finch, it's like over a year old ... dafuq do I know about weed... Couldn't roll a decent joint, and the little pipe I picked up, either I packed it too tight, or it's too short, but the smoke is just too hot...

I think I'm more a gummy bear or brownie person...

#9420267 - 10/17/18 09:32 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: furball]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

A ton of people especially from the immigrant community have never tried it, it's totally normal. The 5 million or so Canadians that smoke it daily are part of a culture that us fobs aren't really part of, think BC, multi generational Canadians, etc. Surprisingly women consume more weed than men.

As far as your old weed, just toss it, black market weed simply isn't worth the risk as it's usually moldy and laced with various chemicals.

You can buy pre rolled joints from the OCS if you want.

Mark my words, everyone on this forum that never used it will consume it one way or another in their lifetime as more formats are available. Biggest format imo will be through capsules as a form of pain management. Why would anyone take a synthetically produced pain killer with side effects over a natural product that can be extracted and encapsulated without side effects. The biggest deterrent right now is having to smoke it, most don't want to which is completely understandable, but things will change.

#9420273 - 10/17/18 09:36 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: furball]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Ya if anything i may go the edible route. Easier to use around the house without raising attention as mentioned above and probably easier to get the wife to try, less of a mental stigma vs smoking/vaping. She doesn't even drink wine.

I'm interested at the moment with the "buzz" (pun intended) around it but as it dies down will probably just stick to whiskey for my go to.

#9420276 - 10/17/18 09:39 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Big Tasty]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

It will be super interesting to see how it rolls out, I am personally fatigued AF about cannabis is going to cure fucking everything, bunch of bullshit snake oil shit out there.

The best analogy I heard from a doctor was on pain relief. If we put pain on a scale of 1 - 10, morphene used to treat pain at 10, cannabis right now is at 1-3, which is where most people's pain levels are at. That's a lot of Aspirin/Tylenol/misc stuff that can be replaced as the stigma wears off.

#9420341 - 10/17/18 10:18 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Waiting for all the disaster stories where a dog/baby/grandma accidentally gets ahold of a joint/brownie and unintentionally ingests ...

Or a bus driver that ate an innocent little cookie then slams into a dump truck while carrying 40 passengers.

\:\|

#9420497 - 10/17/18 11:44 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: furball]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Be careful with edibles as it is different than smoking. That shit can really fuck you up if you aren't careful with the dosage. I'd start out with 5mg if it's your first time and increment from there
#9420500 - 10/17/18 11:47 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: BroKe]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

I wonder what McDonald's sales figures will be tonight and this weekend lol
#9420723 - 10/17/18 02:18 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: BroKe]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Low_Budget_Honda

i thought that was to regulate distribution/intent to sell.

#9420960 - 10/17/18 06:32 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: titty sprinkles]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles

i thought that was to regulate distribution/intent to sell.

You are allowed to grow 4 plants. And a plant is exactly what it is. 4 plants is more than 30 grams. What's to stop anyone from selling it to a friend. It will be legal when it's as legal as grass growing on my front lawn. Right now it's "legal" for the cops to book you for breaking these new bullshit rules they created

Edited by Low_Budget_Honda (10/17/18 06:34 PM)

#9421002 - 10/17/18 07:39 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: BroKe]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

ya i didn't understand that. you can have up to an ounce but you can also have 4 plants? i'd imagine that between those 4 plants you can harvest way more than an ounce no?

#9421943 - 10/18/18 09:58 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
Raocorp Offline
Cougar Slayer
Post Master Sr

Mark my words, everyone on this forum that never used it will consume it one way or another in their lifetime as more formats are available.

This describes me lol. I'll totally order online. Buying pre-rolled may be more expensive but worth it for the reduced hassle of rolling... For me at least.

Gonna do up an order tomorrow most likely.

#9422153 - 10/19/18 08:16 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Raocorp]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Wonder if LCBO will see a noticeable dip in sales which will reflect the legalization. Not talking big swings but seeing steady growth then mid Oct there was a sudden down tick in revenue.
#9422529 - 10/19/18 11:55 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Big Tasty]
Mr.Bozack Offline
Sr Member

If it follows the same trend that every other place that has legalized expect to see a dip.

Some areas saw as much as 15% decline.

Nova Scotia will be the best use case as they have weed and alcohol in the same store.

#9422775 - 10/19/18 03:08 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Mr.Bozack]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Maybe it's a coincidence, this week I've seen a lot more enforcement on the roads than in the last few months.
#9423496 - 10/20/18 05:21 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

I just got back from this
https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/lifted-market-west-end-toronto-tickets-51165521452
Picked up a bunch of stuff for decent prices.

#9424133 - 10/22/18 07:50 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: BroKe]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Secondary/tertiary consumer market spikes anyone?

i.e. what products/services that are not directly related to the use of cannabis would see a marked spike in business?

- Girl Guide cookies
- pizza
- charcoal air filters? (I remember hearing about hardcore stove range hoods that negate the curry smells in Brampton? )

#9424136 - 10/22/18 07:58 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: furball]
Mr.Bozack Offline
Sr Member

Amazon LED grow lights.

#9425564 - 10/23/18 02:11 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Mr.Bozack]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Pretty hilarious to see ocs fucking up. From not being able to handle the orders to people getting the wrong product or product not as advertised. Of course we knew all of this before hand.which makes it funnier to watcg
#9425580 - 10/23/18 02:18 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: furball]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: furball
Secondary/tertiary consumer market spikes anyone?

i.e. what products/services that are not directly related to the use of cannabis would see a marked spike in business?

- Girl Guide cookies
- pizza
- charcoal air filters? (I remember hearing about hardcore stove range hoods that negate the curry smells in Brampton? )

no no, nothing can negate the smell of curry

#9436709 - 11/07/18 01:10 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: titty sprinkles]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Apparently this is set up for the weed newbs: http://www.vice.com/sticky
#9436730 - 11/07/18 01:24 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: furball]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Data breach two weeks in

(actual facts much less interesting than the sensational headline).

#9437118 - 11/07/18 06:41 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Raocorp Offline
Cougar Slayer
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: eddie_eightytwo
Data breach two weeks in

(actual facts much less interesting than the sensational headline).

LOL... Well I ordered with my Amex card that I don't use anymore so I don't care. I'll cancel the card just in case anyway.

#9437411 - 11/08/18 05:38 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Raocorp]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

So apparently the OCS operation that was supposed to be run by the LCBO was contracted out to a third party supplier related to Dougie
#9437413 - 11/08/18 05:47 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
But of COURSE.

Fuck Doug Ford and the Ont Conservatives.

#9438012 - 11/08/18 01:33 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: c2k]
Raocorp Offline
Cougar Slayer
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: c2k
But of COURSE.

+infinity

#9439297 - 11/09/18 06:37 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: c2k]
robbbby Offline
master electrician
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canada
But of COURSE.

Wrong.

Buck a beer FTW

#9439345 - 11/09/18 07:46 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: robbbby]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: robbbby
But of COURSE.

Wrong.

Buck a beer FTW

U actually drink that shit or u being sarcastic? Lol I've never actually tried it. Anyone know what beer it taste similar to?

#9439382 - 11/09/18 09:46 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: BroKe]
robbbby Offline
master electrician
Post Master Supreme

But of COURSE.

Wrong.

Buck a beer FTW

U actually drink that shit or u being sarcastic? Lol I've never actually tried it. Anyone know what beer it taste similar to?

No. Is there actually $1 beer?

#9439663 - 11/10/18 03:35 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: robbbby]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Your Windsor boys got raided!

I think I made it on your local news last Tuesday, was at an event in Leamington.

#9439997 - 11/11/18 01:46 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
robbbby Offline
master electrician
Post Master Supreme

I think I made it on your local news last Tuesday, was at an event in Leamington.

Haha, the next day it was on the front page of the newspaper, mom texted me to let me know, I had told her I had gone in to buy some edibles.

I wonder how much they get fined?
My buddy went in and was member 10xx, I went in a few days later and was member 32xx and it got raided about a week after, so for sure easily another 2k "members". When I went in at 2pm on a weekday it was SLAMMED and everybody else I know who has gone said the same thing.

Where about in Leamington? Did you drive through the county at all like through Kingsville and Blytheswood? It's insanity down there.

#9440020 - 11/11/18 02:28 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: robbbby]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

But of COURSE.

Wrong.

Buck a beer FTW

No. Is there actually $1 beer?

I think ford did it. One company signed on. Horse piss probably

#9440024 - 11/11/18 02:43 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: BroKe]
The Postman Offline
Post Master Sr

Wife has seen a spike in patients in the ER. Mostly people all fucked up on edibles lol. 2 attempted suicides off the big bridge, both high as a fucking kite.
#9440025 - 11/11/18 02:45 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: The Postman]
robbbby Offline
master electrician
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: The Postman
Wife has seen a spike in patients in the ER. Mostly people all fucked up on edibles lol. 2 attempted suicides off the big bridge, both high as a fucking kite.

I call bullshit on suicides because of edibles. I've been high as fuck on edibles before and couldn't even move. There's no way I'd find the motivation to get to a bridge and try to kill myself. Probably meth or some shit.

#9440060 - 11/11/18 03:54 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: robbbby]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Haha, the next day it was on the front page of the newspaper, mom texted me to let me know, I had told her I had gone in to buy some edibles.

My buddy went in and was member 10xx, I went in a few days later and was member 32xx and it got raided about a week after, so for sure easily another 2k "members". When I went in at 2pm on a weekday it was SLAMMED and everybody else I know who has gone said the same thing.

Where about in Leamington? Did you drive through the county at all like through Kingsville and Blytheswood? It's insanity down there.

They are saying the fine is $250k \:o

These illegal dispensaries were money printing machines, from a few that i know through the grapevine, you can push $5m-$10m out of a single retail location and they carry a ton of profit. Put it this way, this type of retail makes McDonalds franchises look like child's play considering the margins...but here we are (they are illegal).

I was at the Roma club in Leamington, some guys i know hosted an event and had Aphria running it. Vic was there the whole day, I drove by and saw the infrastructure, it's absolutely insane.

I am still not convinced greenhouses are the way to go personally, but big things in Leamington, weed literally saved the whole area.

#9440062 - 11/11/18 03:56 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: The Postman]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: The Postman

Hardly anyone is going to commit suicide when high, this is the type of high where you talk a ton of shit, but you never ever do anything about it. Please also see ginos from Woodbridge in the late 90's.

#9440081 - 11/11/18 05:20 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
The Postman Offline
Post Master Sr

The one was a regular and a meth head, but high on weed at the time of the attempted nose dive.

Its the edibles thats shes seeing more of.

#9440082 - 11/11/18 05:20 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

LOL my life is shit, I should off myself..yo. but can't get off the couch...someone get me a cookie and a cup of water.

Haven't tried anything as of yet, it's more impulse for me in that Friday will come around and I would feel for it but then it's not just "around the corner at the W(eed)CBO" and I just say fuck it.

#9440084 - 11/11/18 05:45 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
robbbby Offline
master electrician
Post Master Supreme

They are saying the fine is $250k \:o

These illegal dispensaries were money printing machines, from a few that i know through the grapevine, you can push $5m-$10m out of a single retail location and they carry a ton of profit. Put it this way, this type of retail makes McDonalds franchises look like child's play considering the margins...but here we are (they are illegal).

I was at the Roma club in Leamington, some guys i know hosted an event and had Aphria running it. Vic was there the whole day, I drove by and saw the infrastructure, it's absolutely insane.

I am still not convinced greenhouses are the way to go personally, but big things in Leamington, weed literally saved the whole area.

I personally do not think weed saved the area, that area never really needed saving. Kingsville and Leamington are like the greenhouse capital of north america. I don't remember the statistic but majority of the vegetables you buy at most grocery stores comes from one of the many places around here, and if it didn't actually come from here, it came from their greenhouses in mexico and the U.S.

#9440110 - 11/11/18 06:17 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: robbbby]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Good to know, I don't know much about the place aside from the fact that Heinz leaving seemed to make it sound as if the place is done for.

The sheer volume of greenhouses is insane.

#9440151 - 11/11/18 06:45 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
robbbby Offline
master electrician
Post Master Supreme

Good to know, I don't know much about the place aside from the fact that Heinz leaving seemed to make it sound as if the place is done for.

The sheer volume of greenhouses is insane.

Heinz leaving was a bit of a downfall for actual farmers since heinz was using field tomatoes and not greenhouse grown. However the company that has taken over is still buying tomatoes from local farmers so not all was lost.

The real money in the area is in greenhouses. I spent nearly a year working on an expansion project at one of the bigger growers in the area, the money funneled through those places is insane. Greenhouse grown tomatoes are obviously nothing like marijuana, but they more than pay the bills. The place I was at also had greenhouses scattered across Michigan and Mexico where hydro prices were much cheaper.
This place grew something like 90-100 varieties of tomatoes, some were specifically grown for the Japanese market. It definitely does not look like it driving through Leamington, but there is so much money in that southern area.

#9440192 - 11/11/18 07:21 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: robbbby]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

I believe it, the parking lot was littered with Range Rovers and most of the dealership plates were from the Windsor area.
#9442627 - 11/14/18 02:40 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

No one is committing suicide from weed. 100%. Most likely mixed with booze or some other drug.sucks people have this stigma that weed is bad. As for the people that went to the ER tripping on edibles. That's the government's fault for making it illegal and not informing the public proper use and info. No one dying from weed tho. Period.
#9442888 - 11/14/18 07:28 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: BroKe]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

We have actually had less weed trip outs in the ER than when it was legal.

#9459083 - 12/06/18 11:08 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: titty sprinkles]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

#9459537 - 12/06/18 06:34 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Big Tasty]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

manz lit
#9459561 - 12/06/18 07:29 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

LMFAO big tasty right now:

#9459572 - 12/06/18 07:43 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: titty sprinkles]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Haha. Not yet......yet.
#9459721 - 12/07/18 06:46 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Big Tasty]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Not yet......yet.

did anybody read that as..

Pretty sure he did get lit.

#9459779 - 12/07/18 08:29 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: c2k]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Nope, not even so much as a shipping confirmation number yet. Not impressed so far.
#9459819 - 12/07/18 09:22 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Big Tasty]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

What did you order?

It depends on the brand you ordered, the shit weed (80% of what's available ships fast as plenty of it is on hand since no one is reordering that hay. The good stuff can take a while.

#9459831 - 12/07/18 09:32 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

White widow.

First world mail problems I guess. I assume anything in stock would have shipped by now.

#9460041 - 12/07/18 01:03 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Big Tasty]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Which brand?
#9460235 - 12/07/18 03:05 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Canaca.
#9460351 - 12/07/18 04:55 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Big Tasty]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Let me know what you think, this is a Tilray brand, they've done well on the medical side which is grown from their BC indoor site, the Canaca brand is from a greenhouse in Ontario or they are most likely reselling 7acres product...meaning it will be a hit or a miss quality wise. Let me know what the experience is like regardless!
#9460382 - 12/07/18 05:53 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Funny to now do this all legally. Was all in shadows back in the day and looking over your shoulder.
#9460981 - 12/09/18 09:09 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Big Tasty]
Mr.Bozack Offline
Sr Member

Risky you seem to know a lot of manufactures in this space. I have tried a couple of samples from the OCS and nothing really impressed me...I have had better outdoor.

All these flavour profiles that they use to sell the product only exist when smelling the bud and maybe the first draw off a portable vape. Once ignited or used in a volcano those profiles are no longer noticeable.

I tried some stuff that was supposed to be 23% THC and it definitely didn't feel as strong as advertised.

Is there a brand/strain that you would recommend from the OCS?

#9461014 - 12/09/18 10:24 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Mr.Bozack]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Do yourself a favor guys and just order from a online dispensary. Quality and customer service is 100 times better. Do not suppose ocs.
#9461115 - 12/09/18 01:38 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Mr.Bozack]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Mr.Bozack
Risky you seem to know a lot of manufactures in this space. I have tried a couple of samples from the OCS and nothing really impressed me...I have had better outdoor.

All these flavour profiles that they use to sell the product only exist when smelling the bud and maybe the first draw off a portable vape. Once ignited or used in a volcano those profiles are no longer noticeable.

I tried some stuff that was supposed to be 23% THC and it definitely didn't feel as strong as advertised.

Is there a brand/strain that you would recommend from the OCS?

Let me know what you tried first before I make a recommendation, you are bang on though. Smell and appearance are only the beginning, how it burns is a big thing, colour of ash, etc.

Lastly, if something is high on cannabinoid potency but has low terpene content, it could produce weak highs. There are strains out there with mid teens THC that are heavy on terps that will knock your socks off compared to a single THC high strain.

#9461116 - 12/09/18 01:39 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: BroKe]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Do yourself a favor guys and just order from a online dispensary. Quality and customer service is 100 times better. Do not suppose ocs.

This is true except the quality, you have no idea what's used when flowering MoM cannabis, and more likely than not it has a ton of chemicals. I have nothing against mail order and can understand the appeal on price/variety/quality, but don't be ignorant to the fact that more likely than not you are also consuming banned pesticides. Make an educated call, it's your health after all.

#9461472 - 12/10/18 08:04 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

the Aurora CBD pills from ocs are great \:\)

vas lemme know when you're up and running lol...get some test samples :P

#9461517 - 12/10/18 09:02 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

This is true except the quality, you have no idea what's used when flowering MoM cannabis, and more likely than not it has a ton of chemicals. I have nothing against mail order and can understand the appeal on price/variety/quality, but don't be ignorant to the fact that more likely than not you are also consuming banned pesticides. Make an educated call, it's your health after all.

In other words..

You get what you pay for?

Im looking into the 1:1 CBD and THC pills, but I dont know how much MG is too much. Is 1 pill enough to take?

#9461540 - 12/10/18 09:21 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: c2k]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
Start with 20mg and move up.

#9461724 - 12/10/18 12:23 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
Mr.Bozack Offline
Sr Member

Let me know what you tried first before I make a recommendation, you are bang on though. Smell and appearance are only the beginning, how it burns is a big thing, colour of ash, etc.

Lastly, if something is high on cannabinoid potency but has low terpene content, it could produce weak highs. There are strains out there with mid teens THC that are heavy on terps that will knock your socks off compared to a single THC high strain.

Did not know that high terps would affect the experience that much very very interesting. I tried tangerine dream, and a couple of others but a friend ordered them so i didn't pay much attention to the names but they weren't instantly familiar other than tangerine dream.

#9461961 - 12/10/18 05:43 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

There is quality bud from quality growers out there. In fact some of the best growers probably aren't even liscensed because of the process. That said. I've found you get what you pay for in this industry. Been smoking everyday for 15 years. I'm no expert but I know good weed when I see it.ive been using moms for years (haha that sounds funny). I have come across some bad weed but at this point there is too much info on the web to not find the good stuff. Plenty of forums with reviews on the bud and the source. One thing about these large corporate grows is that they are looking more at moving quantity over quality. I like small batch craft cannabis like I like my craft beer.

Edited by Low_Budget_Honda (12/10/18 05:45 PM)

#9461962 - 12/10/18 05:44 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: c2k]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

In other words..

You get what you pay for?

Im looking into the 1:1 CBD and THC pills, but I dont know how much MG is too much. Is 1 pill enough to take?

On the rec market none of this is relevant since you don't have choice. If you have access to the medical market usually the lowest potency 1:1 capsules have about ~2.5mg THC and ~2.5mg CBD, so 5mg total. For someone trying to find dosage it's best to start with something low like this, chances are it won't do much though, but I've also seen people trip balls of a single 5mg capsule.

Again anecdotally I'd say 10mg total is a good starting point, so two of those very weak capsules for a woman or a smaller man would probably be sufficient, trial and error. For a bigger person you are probably looking at 20mg like what Bill said.

#9461968 - 12/10/18 05:50 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: BroKe]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

There is quality bud from quality growers out there. In fact some of the best growers probably aren't even liscensed because of the process. That said. I've found you get what you pay for in this industry. Been smoking everyday for 15 years. I'm no expert but I know good weed when I see it.ive been using moms for years (haha that sounds funny). I have come across some bad weed but at this point there is too much info on the web to not find the good stuff. Plenty of forums with reviews on the bud and the source. One thing about these large corporate grows is that they are looking more at moving quantity over quality. I like small batch craft cannabis like I like my craft beer.

The government is trying to bring all black market growers out of the woodwork by letting them get micro licenses, so we will see how many convert.

The best growers are black market guys, this is fact I agree. While you can definitely appreciate the quality of their end product, you aren't there supervising what they are doing for 8-14 weeks (depending on strain) on how they grow their plants. These plants require a lot of care and there are a ton of harmful pesticides that really help nurture the plants that are banned in the legal system. So while you have a nicer end product from a black market guy you could be ingesting microbial and pesticide counts through the roof.

In California they mandated all grey market cannabis to get third party testing for it to be sold and while it's some of the best stuff out there (getting $25/gram) majority failed QC testing miserably because labs result are finding all kinds of garbage on the buds...that would compromise a sick person's immune system.

We are all beating on a dead horse, black market guys know what's up, but their shit is 99% contaminated with harmful chemicals and you have commercialized growers who grow mass produced trash and can get away with it since quality producers are very far and few in between. Eventually we will find the middle ground where commercial guys will figure it out and or black market guys will also figure out how to grow cleaner and become micros.

I am looking to work with both \:\)

#9461969 - 12/10/18 05:53 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Screamin Type ARGH!
the Aurora CBD pills from ocs are great \:\)

vas lemme know when you're up and running lol...get some test samples :P

Hopefully sometime in 2019, we just announced a supply agreement with a pharma company that will be using our product for clinical trials. Based on that alone and how much funding this research gets we might not have supply for much else.

#9461972 - 12/10/18 05:57 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

I would start with 5-7 mg if you are new and ingesting. 2nd dose in an hour if no effect
#9461974 - 12/10/18 05:59 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: BroKe]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Yes it's still early. I'm hoping things change. Just have to wait it out and see
#9461977 - 12/10/18 06:01 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Mr.Bozack]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Did not know that high terps would affect the experience that much very very interesting. I tried tangerine dream, and a couple of others but a friend ordered them so i didn't pay much attention to the names but they weren't instantly familiar other than tangerine dream.

Tangerine dream if it was from MedReleaf it should be pretty good, it's one of the best reviewed strains from unbiased platforms. Don't rely on any reviews from lift & co, all that shit is rigged.

#9461986 - 12/10/18 06:12 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
Mr.Bozack Offline
Sr Member

OK Thanks Risky, I think it was MedReleaf.

You are now the resident expert on all things weed.

How does one get one of these micro licenses? I'm sure it's still a high entry point.

I anticipate the opportunity for craft growers to take up a small piece of the market. Provided the bud is organic and quality. I went to an event at Growers choice held by Canna nutrients and they showed me a bud they grew that was only grown with their ferts (all organic and even vegan they claim) and it was the nicest bud I had seen, all dark purple with amazing citrus smells. I asked what it was and they were throwing around names they were gonna call - I guess these guys created the seeds.

I only check out leafly for reviews - which seem to be "I smoked this and it was the best ever 4.5/5"

#9462131 - 12/11/18 04:58 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Mr.Bozack]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Hardly an expert, but thanks. Also if someone could edit that out from below my username it would be great \:\)

If you are serious about a micro license Health Canada is holding a conference call for potential applicants this Thursday, I am dialing in to assess if any of them stand out with their questions and will probably be reaching out to a bunch as I want to work with a small network of good ones. I can send you the call in details if serious.

Entry is significantly easier than becoming an LP, you are limited in how much canopy space you have, but it's enough for you to have a profitable operation. I don't remember the exact details, I think micros will be allowed about 2k sq. ft. of grow space. They will only be able to sell to LP's who will third party test the product...IIRC.

There is no "organic" weed and if it's true organic it would be outdoor grown and garbage. I've looked into organic certs and this is a black hole I wish i never go into, but in short there is no organic cannabis. By definition organic cannabis must be grown in soil beds (you can't use stable grow mediums like rockwool or coco - soil growing is very complex because it has its own micro organisms that affect growth) with the use of 4 pesticides instead of the allowable 20. There are currently 3 LP's that claim organic, only 1 is semi organic, the other two are liars and market themselves as organic, but their finished product isn't actually organic, it's their growing process that's certified "organic" - wtf does that even mean? This shit is brutal as it misleads the consumer. When a grey market guy claims organic just walk away, vegan nutrients lol Sometimes I hate this space.

Leafly FYI is also an LP owned review platform, Tilray out of BC owns them. Brendan bought them years ago, guy is a visionary. I do like to think they are a lot more objective though so it's not a bad source, good starting point anyway.

#9462132 - 12/11/18 05:22 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Hardly an expert, but thanks. Also if someone could edit that out from below my username it would be great \:\)

How's that? It's true, Im the color management expert and you're not.

Quote:
There is no "organic" weed and if it's true organic it would be outdoor grown and garbage. I've looked into organic certs and this is a black hole I wish i never go into, but in short there is no organic cannabis. By definition organic cannabis must be grown in soil beds (you can't use stable grow mediums like rockwool or coco - soil growing is very complex because it has its own micro organisms that affect growth) with the use of 4 pesticides instead of the allowable 20. There are currently 3 LP's that claim organic, only 1 is semi organic, the other two are liars and market themselves as organic, but their finished product isn't actually organic, it's their growing process that's certified "organic" - wtf does that even mean? This shit is brutal as it misleads the consumer. When a grey market guy claims organic just walk away, vegan nutrients lol Sometimes I hate this space.

Are you able to share those 3 LPs who claim it's organic or not yet? Or can you at least say they are selling their products on OCS and I can figure it out from there.

#9462135 - 12/11/18 05:32 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: c2k]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Whistler Medical from BC is FVOPA Organic certified and grows in soil, in my mind they are the closest thing to "organic" as you will get. I think their products are available in BC only for the rec market, and Canada wide in the medical market.

The other two I don't want to call out, but anybody that has an "EcoCert" organic designation is full of it, their products are not easily identifiable on OCS as they wholesale to other LP's that brand the product as their own, truth be told I don't even think either make much so I highly doubt any of it is sitting on the market at this point.

#9462178 - 12/11/18 08:20 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
Mr.Bozack Offline
Sr Member

And you say you aren't the expert - ha

Great info in here thanks Risky, I would love to get into this industry more and would be interested in joining the call to learn more about the space. I'll PM you. I've joined several calls from Canopy/Tweed in the past and have been able to ask Bruce a question about competing in the Cannabis Cup and he responded with "We would like to create out own competition" I loved his answer.

I'm guessing one of the non-organic claiming they are organic would be the organic dutchman. I'm not asking for confirmation, just throwing the idea out there - as they do have a strong brand promoting that they are organic.

Another organic question. If one where to grow their own personal stash with an organic blend of soil from say Scotts or Pro-mix and use 'organic' nutrients under artificial light that would not be considered organic? Does it need to be under natural sunlight to fall into this classification? I ask because this would be good USP (selling proposition) for a cannabis company.

#9462183 - 12/11/18 08:33 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Mr.Bozack]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Great insight risky. Thanks. I always like to hear what's really going on in the legal industry
#9462232 - 12/11/18 09:46 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: BroKe]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

The Organic Dutchman is most definitely the biggest abuser of the term organic and they are far from it, I will leave it at that.

Your follow up question on organic is actually a very good one.

Organic as far as cannabis is concerned revolves around growing in natural soil without the use of 75% of the allowable pesticides. Lighting source is not taken into account as lumens and light spectrum from sun or lights is considered the same so it's not relevant to getting organic certification.

HOWEVER

A 'reasonable person' as per the legal definition would assume that organic should also be grown in direct sunlight and not under artificial lights, and this is something I agree with. The reason (and I speculate here) organic doesn't take into account light source is because evidence is out there that you cannot grow medical cannabis outdoors that's pure enough from contaminants where it's safe for someone with a compromised immune system.

For a person that's sick, "organic" has to come from indoors if we agree that organic is soil grown with artificial light - jury still out here.

True organic is outdoor grown under natural light with nature's ecosystem fighting pests etc...this is true "organic" without marketable value. It doesn't have high cannabinoid potency, it has higher microbial levels, and medical efficacy is limited. This is the shit people smoked in the 60's.

It's a loaded question without a simple answer, it's almost as if there should be two organic streams, one for medical and one for recreational.

To add more complexity, certain pesticides get metabolized during the plant's flowering stage so when you do mandatory testing in the end you can't even find traces of that particular pesticide. There are a ton of little grey areas like this that haven't been addressed.

#9462235 - 12/11/18 09:52 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

To go on a minor tangent here, while organic is a buzz word that's been around for a while I encourage most of you to buy organic/grass fed products whenever feasable. Seeing what chemicals are in certain pesticides and the fact that we have limited long term studies on their effects on humans I think mass farming practices with use of antibiotics and pesticides will become what smoking has become now.

Decades ago smoking was "safe", yet now you would be considered the biggest idiot if you smoke. In 10 years or less the same thing is going to happen with our food supply, eating non organic, mass produced food (fruits/veggies/meat) will be viewed the same way. It's still a grey area because organic is sometimes bullshit and people abuse the term and use it as a marketing gimmick so it will take a while to cut through the bullshit so we all have transparency. In short, try to avoid commercially farmed products, if you can buy wild caught salmon over atlantic farmed salmon, etc, etc.

#9462242 - 12/11/18 09:55 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: BroKe]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Great insight risky. Thanks. I always like to hear what's really going on in the legal industry

It's a land grab and most of us are learning/don't know what we are doing.

In 2016 everyone was talking about square feet and how they will be the biggest producer, then when they realized it's hard to grow they all moved to extracts and oils, now that extraction still hasn't been figured out and the tide is pulling out a lot of LP's are getting exposed. That's why I think it would be great if black market guys came out of the shadows and became micro/craft growers and worked with proper LP's. There is massive demand for good product and the black market guys can help fill that.

Gotta keep it simple, people try to be everything to everyone and in the end they produce nothing of value.

With our grow the goal is simple, grow pesticide free/irradiation free/potent. Figure this out and there will always be demand.

#9462323 - 12/11/18 11:04 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
Any other cannabis n00bs or am I the only one?
#9462573 - 12/11/18 01:01 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Mr.Bozack Offline
Sr Member

Wow! I love the insight! I see the point about outdoor vs indoor on a microbe level but if someone is sick with a compromised immune system wouldn't they be using extracts and oils vs smoking and vaping? I'm guessing those contaminants would still remain and possibly gain potency through the extraction process.

The indoor advantage of harvesting when the plant is at it's peak vs weather outdoors is probably a good enough reason to grow indoors, then tack on the fact that a bee could have come from crop dusted field and land on your plants. But seeing a plant get to 10 feet tall swaying in the breeze is a sight.

If you can keep your grow pesticide free and all natural that should be a recipe for success, I think more important that having the most knock out stuff is to have a detailed analysis with accurate numbers - the number ranges on the OCS are 10% so you could get a bottom bud or a top bud with a large amount of variance - so you are never really sure what quality you are buying.

Do they offer personal testers for TCH cbd content? I heard some guy in Quebec bought some shit from the gov store, never opened it and took it right to a lab to be tested and when it didn't contain the amount of THC advertised he launched a law suit against the Gov (I googled but wasn't able to find story)

#9462611 - 12/11/18 01:36 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Mr.Bozack]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Onset/dosing is most accurate with smoking/vaping so those who self medicate choose this because they can get relief quick at the expense of consuming in an unhealthy way without immediate effect. So ingestion is probably healthier, but vaping isn't bad either (like smoking). Too early to tell, but vaping dried flower is probably the best way in terms of efficacy/onset/dosing (this is still pending hard evidence and research).

The detailed analysis, aka plant monitoring is super important. We have a post secondary institution with an approved lab that will test sample batches from all of our grows for nutrient deficiencies as well as other issues to help us optimize the grow climate rather than going by gut feel. Pretty excited about this.

Getting stuff tested personally is a challenge, I am not sure what the process is, but I've heard individuals have been denied (pre legalization), it may be different now.

This goes back to the way people grow in large rooms, Health Canada requires 50grams of trim to test batches, so depending on where you take the trim from you could be sampling your best/healthiest plants, yet the rest of your garden looks like shit and that's what consumers are getting - but the tests are showing your optimum plants. We've got a long way to go.

Then there is the question of packaged dried flower losing efficacy while stored in finished goods containers, how it's handled, if they used humidity packs, etc all will play a factor in what the end consumer gets.

#9462679 - 12/11/18 02:26 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

question for you weed heads.

there's someone i know who smokes alot of weed for medical purposes (no it's not me assholes lol). it helps him and works for now but the constant smoking is also taking a toll on his respiratory system, i know, treatment for one thing effects the other but that's the situation, whatever.

what is a good method, that's easiest on your body of smoking? oils/edibles what have you arnt an effective way but is vaping much better? if you guys can point me in the direction of a good quality vape to vape the actual bud that would be appreciated!

#9462734 - 12/11/18 03:35 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: titty sprinkles]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

My friend Vapes dry bud from the volcano machine. Expensive piece of equipment but it's pretty good. I myself like vaping concentrates from a rig. Similar to a bong. I smoke everything from shatter to distillate and rosin. The 2 latter being cleaner but also more expensive. Like I said earlier you really get what you pay for in this game. The vape pens are okay but I find I'm just smoking that thing the entire day. Too easy to use and the high it a bit too clean for me personally. I usually vape during the week and smoke spliffs on the weekend.

Edited by Low_Budget_Honda (12/11/18 03:35 PM)

#9462788 - 12/11/18 05:40 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: SuPeR-MaRiO

Born again noob here. Did it in college but never a heavy user. Had my first taste this past weekend from ocs and besides the disapproving looks from the wife, all went well lol. Will probably just keep it to weekend use.

#9462895 - 12/11/18 07:32 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Big Tasty]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: SuPeR-MaRiO

Born again noob here. Did it in college but never a heavy user. Had my first taste this past weekend from ocs and besides the disapproving looks from the wife, all went well lol. Will probably just keep it to weekend use.

Lol gotta enlighten her and get her to try it too. Then you can both enjoy it together!

#9462973 - 12/11/18 09:32 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: BroKe]
Mr.Bozack Offline
Sr Member

Damn good to know that's how the testing is done. So if I'm a supplier I'm definitely only providing the best sugar leaf to get my readings up...wow

I've had my volcano for over 10 years. I can tell you that it is cleaner than joints for sure but after enough use when you replace the bag (this is where this system shines - because you can take everything apart to clean properly) you'll see the bag is sticky with resin. So you know that's still getting into your lungs at the end of the day...but you will conserve a lot of weed with this system because it is german made - I mean engineered extremely well but this has reliability - ha

That testing facility sounds awesome. You'll be able to maximize yield with that sort of information.

I think the future will be tinctures administered sublingually (under tongue) effects should come on quickly and dosage is easy to regulate. Also pretty soon they should be having the strips that go onto you tongue.

Edited by Mr.Bozack (12/11/18 09:34 PM)

#9463058 - 12/12/18 06:04 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Mr.Bozack]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Wow u must be a pothead haha I endulge alot but I don't know if I can spend thousands on a weed smoking device. Maybe I'm just cheap haha
#9463147 - 12/12/18 08:24 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: BroKe]
Mr.Bozack Offline
Sr Member

I prefer the term connoisseur LOL. It wasn't thousands - I bought it used, and I rarely use it anymore but I am still fascinated by the plant...grow one and you'll appreciate the plant on a larger level.

#9463373 - 12/12/18 10:43 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: titty sprinkles]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles
question for you weed heads.

there's someone i know who smokes alot of weed for medical purposes (no it's not me assholes lol). it helps him and works for now but the constant smoking is also taking a toll on his respiratory system, i know, treatment for one thing effects the other but that's the situation, whatever.

what is a good method, that's easiest on your body of smoking? oils/edibles what have you arnt an effective way but is vaping much better? if you guys can point me in the direction of a good quality vape to vape the actual bud that would be appreciated!

That's something for a doctor to answer, oil capsules are probably his best bet.

#9463381 - 12/12/18 10:47 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Mr.Bozack]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Damn good to know that's how the testing is done. So if I'm a supplier I'm definitely only providing the best sugar leaf to get my readings up...wow

I've had my volcano for over 10 years. I can tell you that it is cleaner than joints for sure but after enough use when you replace the bag (this is where this system shines - because you can take everything apart to clean properly) you'll see the bag is sticky with resin. So you know that's still getting into your lungs at the end of the day...but you will conserve a lot of weed with this system because it is german made - I mean engineered extremely well but this has reliability - ha

That testing facility sounds awesome. You'll be able to maximize yield with that sort of information.

I think the future will be tinctures administered sublingually (under tongue) effects should come on quickly and dosage is easy to regulate. Also pretty soon they should be having the strips that go onto you tongue.

Canopy bought volcano last week.

sublinguals will be big. We are working with a pharma company that's working developing a gum that acts the same.

#9463593 - 12/12/18 11:48 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
Mr.Bozack Offline
Sr Member

Nice I was watching the company that had the patent on the chewing gum - think they were called axxovant or something like that...that was a while back.

chewing gum would be awesome. Big Green Chew

#9463962 - 12/12/18 02:46 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Mr.Bozack]
Mr.Bozack Offline
Sr Member

I saw something on linked in from canopy about volcano but missed the details. Smart move on their part. It's the Cadillac of vaporizers.

#9464344 - 12/12/18 05:34 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Mr.Bozack]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Big green chew would be amazing. Lol make sure u get your cut bozack lol.
I didn't know canopy bought volcano.thats crazy. they just buying up everything.

#9464923 - 12/13/18 11:29 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: BroKe]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Placed order to OCS on Dec 5th
Mailman dropped off order on Dec 7th
Got confirmation email with tracking number today.

#9465260 - 12/13/18 03:14 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Big Tasty]
Mr.Bozack Offline
Sr Member

I'll work on getting my slice of the pie low budget \:\)

#9469156 - 12/19/18 12:04 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Mr.Bozack]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

well shit..

dont know what to believe anymore

https://globalnews.ca/news/4773407/privacy-commission-pay-cash-for-pot/amp/

#9469872 - 12/20/18 09:42 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: c2k]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

OCS is having a constant supply issue. I would like to get it outside of Ontario. Unless anybody here can refer me to where I can get 1:1 mix capsules?

#9469985 - 12/20/18 11:39 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: c2k]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Register as a medical patient and be done with it, if you sign up with an LP you will have access to all inventory and possibly better pricing.

Or buy from mail order, but you have no idea what you are buying.

#9470028 - 12/20/18 12:08 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
Mr.Bozack Offline
Sr Member

Isn't there a tax benefit also if you are a medical patient?

#9470048 - 12/20/18 12:18 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Mr.Bozack]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Not yet, both medical and rec are paying excise tax, but they are lobbying to change that. Also insurance companies will start covering "medical" cannabis soon enough so it makes more sense to be a patient if you rely on the stuff.
#9470072 - 12/20/18 12:30 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
Mr.Bozack Offline
Sr Member

"Rely" ;\) once it get's covered by insurance watch the subscriptions grow.

#9482432 - 01/09/19 08:37 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Mr.Bozack]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Guess you can go knock on the door of the warehouse now: https://business.financialpost.com/canna...nabis-warehouse
#9482464 - 01/09/19 08:56 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Big Tasty]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

I need to get my medical liscense but I have no idea what the easiest way to do that is. And is there a cost? I see some clinics charging 300 bux to basically walk you through the process
#9482571 - 01/09/19 10:04 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Big Tasty]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Guess you can go knock on the door of the warehouse now: https://business.financialpost.com/canna...nabis-warehouse

Good.

I hope they form a union out of spite to Doug Ford who is very much anti-union.

#9482579 - 01/09/19 10:08 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: BroKe]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

I need to get my medical liscense but I have no idea what the easiest way to do that is. And is there a cost? I see some clinics charging 300 bux to basically walk you through the process

You can go to your family doctor and they will refer you to a clinic, it's similar to getting a referral to a specialist like a dermatologist.

Or you can contact a local "cannabis clinic" and pay the fee like you said, they put up a doctor on skype, he "assess" you and then write you "medical authorization" for amount of grams/day you are allowed, that gets sent to your LP of choice or whatever the clinic pushes on you. Keep in mind you can split your medical document to send it to a couple of LP's to buy if you don't want to be tied to one.

#9482580 - 01/09/19 10:08 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: c2k]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Good.

I hope they form a union out of spite to Doug Ford who is very much anti-union.

yep, let's see how this plays out.

#9482717 - 01/09/19 11:42 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

You can go to your family doctor and they will refer you to a clinic, it's similar to getting a referral to a specialist like a dermatologist.

Or you can contact a local "cannabis clinic" and pay the fee like you said, they put up a doctor on skype, he "assess" you and then write you "medical authorization" for amount of grams/day you are allowed, that gets sent to your LP of choice or whatever the clinic pushes on you. Keep in mind you can split your medical document to send it to a couple of LP's to buy if you don't want to be tied to one.

Great info thanks!. I didn't know you can split different LPs. Also for some reason I feel like I'd get prescribed more if I don't go through my family doctor

#9482735 - 01/09/19 11:58 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: BroKe]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

They usually prescribe 1/g day, 3/g, or 8/g - these are the most common with 3g/day being the typical daily amount prescribed. Then you can split 1g/day to LP A, 1g/day LP B, etc.
#9485127 - 01/12/19 06:53 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

I see, makes sense. Damn whoever is smoking 8 grams a day must have some chronic pain lol
#9537465 - 03/28/19 11:25 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: BroKe]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Quote:
Leafs by Snoop
Broken Coast
Tweed
Edison
Redecan
San Rafael '71
liiv

Brands being sold in the Brampton store which supposedly opens on Monday. My reading suggests most of them are junk.

#9537476 - 03/28/19 11:36 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Mostly garbage, Broken Coast/San Rafael are the good ones.
#9632698 - 08/22/19 09:30 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

WTF, so 5 more stores to open in Toronto and they are leasing space on Queen st.

Quote:
The 42 new stores will be distributed regionally, with 13 in the city of Toronto, six going to the Greater Toronto Area, 11 in the west region, seven going to the east region, and in the north, one each in Kenora, North Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Thunder Bay and Timmins.

Quote:
In Toronto, five of the lottery winners have leased shop space on Queen Street, where two pot shops already operate, he said.

“That suggests that Queen Street in Toronto is going to quickly turn into cannabis row,” he said. “That’s a consequence of them setting up a system where essentially the applicants could decide where the store location was going to be and then because its subject to a draw you’re essentially leaving it to chance.”

#9632715 - 08/22/19 10:05 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Big Tasty]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

The whole "lottery" system is pretty rigged. Most awarded licenses are the same people, 32 of the awarded licenses have 10+ applications. The different queen street locations could very well be the same people that want to ensure something sticks. This whole thing is a joke.
#9632732 - 08/22/19 10:20 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Lots of dotted lines to the Ford family as well.
#9632743 - 08/22/19 10:37 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Of course, Dougie definitely looking to relive his teens.
Page all of 5 12345>

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads