Page 1 of 5 12345>
Topic Options
#9419516 - 10/16/18 02:19 PM sooooo....it's legal tomorrow
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUGFhVWPOFs

what do you guys think? good move? tomorrow will toronto look like this?

everyone seems to be sending out info about this, got like 3 emails from the school board and the school saying that if your kid is caught with weed at school or caught high they treat it as if your kid has alcohol and they are suspended lol

also, now that it's legal, if you're a parent, you going to get mad if they get high?

Edited by titty sprinkles (10/16/18 02:32 PM)

#9419549 - 10/16/18 02:33 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: titty sprinkles]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
Think it will be like the topless women law that came into effect years ago. Lots of push and talk for it to happen but when legal, everyone goes back to status quo.

Those who use will do so in the same fashion, small percentage will try for the first time and majority will never touch the stuff.

Edit: for my kids I will treat it like alcohol and cigarettes. Not like they are at the age to touch it but I will not demonize it anymore than the other two.

#9419600 - 10/16/18 02:58 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Big Tasty]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

i have a feeling that work will be a shit show with people trying it for the first time and having ill effects from it.

let's face it, kids today will atleast try alcohol by 16, and with weed legal it won't be any different.

Edited by titty sprinkles (10/16/18 02:59 PM)

#9419618 - 10/16/18 03:09 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: titty sprinkles]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Watching the news this morning they were saying that gov pricing is much higher than "street value" weed so will see of the current users, who will move to legit stores vs their own connections.
#9419621 - 10/16/18 03:12 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: titty sprinkles]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

My HR dept sent out a big policy revision regarding drugs and being fit for work. Any booze or drugs use/smell and you can get sent home immediately or to Medical where the Dr/RNs/Fire Fighters will assess you.

What I think will be funny is all the hard core potheads to dumb to know the laws getting caught smoking weed at work, in public, etc etc.

Weed should have be legalized long ago. Booze is way worse for you.

#9419625 - 10/16/18 03:13 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Big Tasty]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: Big Tasty
Watching the news this morning they were saying that gov pricing is much higher than "street value" weed so will see of the current users, who will move to legit stores vs their own connections.

You can order is online directly from "The Man".
https://ocslearn.ca/

#9419660 - 10/16/18 03:37 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: The Postman]
Mr.Bozack Offline
Sr Member

Loc: Ontario
I gotta say I'm looking forward to it and plan to celebrate tomorrow - It's about time and I'm not surprised that gov prices are top tier...they gotta get their take.

#9419780 - 10/16/18 05:28 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Big Tasty]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Think it will be like the topless women law that came into effect years ago. Lots of push and talk for it to happen but when legal, everyone goes back to status quo.

Nailed it, from my POV it will be pretty underwhelming. We don't have stores until 2019, all online retail for now.

And then the other side of it is all the legal weed people buy will be subpar shit, most of it is garbage and old inventory that's been stashed for this day. This could potentially hurt the industry if people conclude that black market weed is better than what they will be able to buy tomorrow (which will be accurate).

#9419787 - 10/16/18 05:35 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
BroKe Online   content
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario
Been smoking for almost half my age. Overall it's a good thing but there are a lot of things wrong with the way they are going about it. Mainly because of greed and lack of knowledge. Baby steps though. Also I rather quit before I support ocs lol. I hope the site crashes and Canada Post goes on strike. Government should not be selling anything. Period
Don't even get me started on Markham. For me it's business as usual.

Edited by Low_Budget_Honda (10/16/18 05:35 PM)

#9419788 - 10/16/18 05:39 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
BroKe Online   content
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: Risky Business

Nailed it, from my POV it will be pretty underwhelming. We don't have stores until 2019, all online retail for now.

And then the other side of it is all the legal weed people buy will be subpar shit, most of it is garbage and old inventory that's been stashed for this day. This could potentially hurt the industry if people conclude that black market weed is better than what they will be able to buy tomorrow (which will be accurate).

Agreed. Ocs will most likely be selling overpriced garbage.

#9419789 - 10/16/18 05:39 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: BroKe]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

What are your biggest concerns?
#9419829 - 10/16/18 06:24 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
BroKe Online   content
Post Master Sr

What are your biggest concerns?

Honestly. I feel like access is huge. There just isn't enough. I've been buying weed online for the last 2 years. Weed goes legal and it's harder to find right now. I want to see craft cannibis companies like beer. I want to see branding. I feel like there's way more laws now than before it was legal. I feel like we are going backwards a little bit. I've been smoking concentrates and eating edibles for a while and now the only thing legal to buy i have to smoke. How does that make sense I feel like they grey market was set up in the right direction by the right people and now you've got a bunch of people that know nothing demanding a profit. The whole policing of it baffles me. It's weed. Not booze. Not close to booze. They should have spent their time and money getting rid of the stigmatism it carries than spreading lies. Impairment. What I can say about it is not everyone is the same. I don't think we need to make laws based off the people that have never smoked weed before. I am a bit biased about everything as I have smoked for 15-20 years everyday. But to see people punshied for the work that has been put in over the last 30 years by making dumb laws baffles me. I guess people just need to catch up. I could go on. But yea.

Edited by Low_Budget_Honda (10/16/18 06:25 PM)

#9419834 - 10/16/18 06:33 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: BroKe]
BroKe Online   content
Post Master Sr

I also have a theory that Markham has stricter weed laws because weed is illegal in Asia and Markham is 90% asian and alot of old people. Black and White people smoke more weed than Asians. If u catch my drift, I think it's some shady tactics to stray blacks and whites out of Markham. Also leaves room for Asians to run the black market in Markham since no dispensaries are allowed. Someone's getting paid on the back end.

Anyways. Markham is fuckin retarded

Edited by Low_Budget_Honda (10/16/18 06:36 PM)

#9419962 - 10/16/18 08:30 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: BroKe]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
markham and richmond hill both retarded yes.

meanwhile, eih, good they legalized it to an extent. i don't think we'll see any HUGE difference aside from seeing/smelling here a bit more here and there.

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9419972 - 10/16/18 08:42 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

I was curious and looked up some quick facts on the new laws,

you can legally carry up to an ounce of weed on you. is it me or is that alot of bud? shit. i thought the limit would be a 20sac or something.

Edited by titty sprinkles (10/16/18 08:42 PM)

#9419984 - 10/16/18 08:52 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: titty sprinkles]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
Legalization is great. It gives me lots of ideas for $1 Hallowe'en costumes this year.
#9420150 - 10/17/18 04:50 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
BroKe Online   content
Post Master Sr

If it's "legal" then why is there a limit to how much one can carry/posses
#9420154 - 10/17/18 05:23 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: BroKe]
BroKe Online   content
Post Master Sr

Out of curiosity, went on the ocs website to have a laugh. Cannot believe they are treating this thing like some class one drug still. You can't even see the actual bud you're buying lmao. What a joke
#9420157 - 10/17/18 05:37 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: BroKe]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

A lot of companies spent millions on branding before Health Canada announced the rules, now you have this fucked up packaging. lol
#9420171 - 10/17/18 06:55 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

For anyone looking to purchase from the OCS online retail store I'd recommend trying out anything by Broken Coast if you want good product.
#9420201 - 10/17/18 07:57 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
^is that one of youuurrrr buyers? \:D

site is up and running, not overloaded yet lol. feels odd it isn't blocked at work like we're so used to lol.
https://ocs.ca

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9420216 - 10/17/18 08:09 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
BroKe Online   content
Post Master Sr

For anyone looking to purchase from the OCS online retail store I'd recommend trying out anything by Broken Coast if you want good product.

Good to know. I'm looking to get my med card and buy direct from an lp right now. Or it's back to Tha streets

#9420239 - 10/17/18 08:48 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: BroKe]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Was watching Breakfast Television this morning and of course they were all over the Weed story. My 7 yr old asked me about it and if smoking was bad and if I did it myself. Nice wake up call to show that they are aware of what's going on and watching what you are doing.
#9420248 - 10/17/18 09:03 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Screamin Type ARGH!
^is that one of youuurrrr buyers? \:D

site is up and running, not overloaded yet lol. feels odd it isn't blocked at work like we're so used to lol.
https://ocs.ca

Apparently OCS is almost sold out of most stuff already

#9420249 - 10/17/18 09:04 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Big Tasty]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Was watching Breakfast Television this morning and of course they were all over the Weed story. My 7 yr old asked me about it and if smoking was bad and if I did it myself. Nice wake up call to show that they are aware of what's going on and watching what you are doing.

Yea it's a change for sure, I am definitely against cannabis consumption by anyone 25 and under. While it's not as bad as alcohol there are proven links for it to potentially hinder parts of brain development, so 25 is your safest age.

#9420262 - 10/17/18 09:23 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
I'm prob one of the tiny slice of the pie that previously never smoked weed, and because it's legal/mainstream now, may try

I have some old-ass weed in the freezer ... ghetto buddy picked it up for me from Jane/Finch, it's like over a year old ... dafuq do I know about weed... Couldn't roll a decent joint, and the little pipe I picked up, either I packed it too tight, or it's too short, but the smoke is just too hot...

I think I'm more a gummy bear or brownie person...

#9420267 - 10/17/18 09:32 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: furball]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

A ton of people especially from the immigrant community have never tried it, it's totally normal. The 5 million or so Canadians that smoke it daily are part of a culture that us fobs aren't really part of, think BC, multi generational Canadians, etc. Surprisingly women consume more weed than men.

As far as your old weed, just toss it, black market weed simply isn't worth the risk as it's usually moldy and laced with various chemicals.

You can buy pre rolled joints from the OCS if you want.

Mark my words, everyone on this forum that never used it will consume it one way or another in their lifetime as more formats are available. Biggest format imo will be through capsules as a form of pain management. Why would anyone take a synthetically produced pain killer with side effects over a natural product that can be extracted and encapsulated without side effects. The biggest deterrent right now is having to smoke it, most don't want to which is completely understandable, but things will change.

#9420273 - 10/17/18 09:36 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: furball]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Ya if anything i may go the edible route. Easier to use around the house without raising attention as mentioned above and probably easier to get the wife to try, less of a mental stigma vs smoking/vaping. She doesn't even drink wine.

I'm interested at the moment with the "buzz" (pun intended) around it but as it dies down will probably just stick to whiskey for my go to.

#9420276 - 10/17/18 09:39 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Big Tasty]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

It will be super interesting to see how it rolls out, I am personally fatigued AF about cannabis is going to cure fucking everything, bunch of bullshit snake oil shit out there.

The best analogy I heard from a doctor was on pain relief. If we put pain on a scale of 1 - 10, morphene used to treat pain at 10, cannabis right now is at 1-3, which is where most people's pain levels are at. That's a lot of Aspirin/Tylenol/misc stuff that can be replaced as the stigma wears off.

#9420341 - 10/17/18 10:18 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: Risky Business]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
Waiting for all the disaster stories where a dog/baby/grandma accidentally gets ahold of a joint/brownie and unintentionally ingests ...

Or a bus driver that ate an innocent little cookie then slams into a dump truck while carrying 40 passengers.

\:\|

#9420497 - 10/17/18 11:44 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: furball]
BroKe Online   content
Post Master Sr

Be careful with edibles as it is different than smoking. That shit can really fuck you up if you aren't careful with the dosage. I'd start out with 5mg if it's your first time and increment from there
#9420500 - 10/17/18 11:47 AM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: BroKe]
BroKe Online   content
Post Master Sr

I wonder what McDonald's sales figures will be tonight and this weekend lol
#9420723 - 10/17/18 02:18 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: BroKe]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Low_Budget_Honda

i thought that was to regulate distribution/intent to sell.

#9420960 - 10/17/18 06:32 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: titty sprinkles]
BroKe Online   content
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles
 Originally Posted By: Low_Budget_Honda

i thought that was to regulate distribution/intent to sell.

You are allowed to grow 4 plants. And a plant is exactly what it is. 4 plants is more than 30 grams. What's to stop anyone from selling it to a friend. It will be legal when it's as legal as grass growing on my front lawn. Right now it's "legal" for the cops to book you for breaking these new bullshit rules they created

Edited by Low_Budget_Honda (10/17/18 06:34 PM)

#9421002 - 10/17/18 07:39 PM Re: sooooo....it's legal tomorrow [Re: BroKe]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

ya i didn't understand that. you can have up to an ounce but you can also have 4 plants? i'd imagine that between those 4 plants you can harvest way more than an ounce no?

Page 1 of 5 12345>

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads