Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#9535315 - 03/25/19 10:31 AM Private Screening?
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
Have as anyone ever attended a private screening of a movie? I know these take place in advance of movies being released and I believe you can also "rent" a movie theater for a movie that's currently playing (I've heard of this being done for parties).

My inquiry is for a movie that's not playing in the theater, ie an older movie. Say I want to rent out a theater for a bunch of friends to watch a movie (that I own) on the big screen, is this possible?

It doesn't have to be in a major theater, I'm fine with a smaller one, I just want that big (bigger) screen and theater feeling.

Presumably it would be in the morning when the theater is not open to the public at which point we would not be impacting their sales.

Am I out to lunch on this?

#9535330 - 03/25/19 10:46 AM Re: Private Screening? [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
#LAVISH

Eddie does Edinburgh?

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9535333 - 03/25/19 10:47 AM Re: Private Screening? [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
No.. I've done it with Rainbow Cinema (now imagine cinema). I find that mom and pop theaters are likely to accommodate your request than cineplex.

https://imaginecinemas.com/cinema/market-square/

Market Square is a very small theater and it's a great cozy feel for approx 30ish seats. I go there from time to time whenever I venue out there for the weekend.

#9535343 - 03/25/19 10:56 AM Re: Private Screening? [Re: c2k]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: People's Republic of Ontario
I'm sure if you are planning it far enough ahead that anything is possible.

#9535391 - 03/25/19 11:28 AM Re: Private Screening? [Re: phoenixrage]
Alpha-Trion Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Milltown
Bom-chicka-wowow
#9535398 - 03/25/19 11:34 AM Re: Private Screening? [Re: Alpha-Trion]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

In all honesty it won't be more than about 10 people. It's a movie that we grew up watching and enjoy and have never watched on the big screen. I thought it would be a fun thing to do. I guess I have to make some phone calls around to see if it's feasible.
#9535575 - 03/25/19 01:48 PM Re: Private Screening? [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
8mm.

Edited by furball (03/25/19 01:50 PM)

#9537829 - 03/28/19 07:09 PM Re: Private Screening? [Re: c2k]
robbbby Offline
master electrician
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canada
 Originally Posted By: c2k
No.. I've done it with Rainbow Cinema (now imagine cinema). I find that mom and pop theaters are likely to accommodate your request than cineplex.

Market Square is a very small theater and it's a great cozy feel for approx 30ish seats. I go there from time to time whenever I venue out there for the weekend.

My boss owns all the old rainbow cinemas that are now imagine. I know they rent the theaters out for bdays and stuff so that kids can play xbox and playstation on the big screen. Don't see why they wouldn't accommodate you renting and throwing a dvd in the media player.

#9537973 - 03/29/19 08:01 AM Re: Private Screening? [Re: robbbby]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: robbbby
 Originally Posted By: c2k

My boss owns all the old rainbow cinemas that are now imagine. I know they rent the theaters out for bdays and stuff so that kids can play xbox and playstation on the big screen. Don't see why they wouldn't accommodate you renting and throwing a dvd in the media player.

dude, that's awesome! i was wondering if they were franchised or what? we love the one in richmond hill at yonge/elgin mills. take the lil guys there all the time now for movies since it is closeby.

the best part are those new leather recliners (yuuuge) in all the theaters, freakin awesome lol. almost make you wanna nap as you reline it way back. sure the screen/sound isn't booming like the big boy cineplex/silver city or colussus but it's perfect for the kids. not overpowering and all. concessions are still a rip off tho like anywhere.

those seats make the experience for us though \:\)

now that i know they rent it out for that kinda stuff, for sure will do when the kids are older.

#9543229 - 04/05/19 09:51 PM Re: Private Screening? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
robbbby Offline
master electrician
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Screamin Type ARGH!
concessions are still a rip off tho like anywhere.

This is the one thing I always thought as well until my boss broke it down for me, it's a really fucked up system.

So big movie comes out, lets pretend its some avengers bullshit. Obviously its a blockbuster title, you want it showing in your theater opening week? That will be $20,000 + 100% of ticket sales. Week 2, 90% of ticket sales go to the studio or whoever the fuck, Week 3 80%, week 4 60%. By the time the actual theater gets to pocket 100% of the admission, the movie is no longer popular and is definitely not filling the seats. That is why popcorn/candy/pop costs so much, that is where they are actually making money.
I have a stack of probably 50 free movie passes for imagine, but every time I go we still pay the $4 for a bottle of water instead of smuggling shit in my coat.

#9543230 - 04/05/19 09:54 PM Re: Private Screening? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
robbbby Offline
master electrician
Post Master Supreme

dude, that's awesome! i was wondering if they were franchised or what?

Not a franchise, Same 3 owners for all of them. They bought up all the old rainbows and fixed them up plus they have 2 down this way in essex county plus one in timmins and one in whistler.

#9543594 - 04/06/19 09:40 PM Re: Private Screening? [Re: robbbby]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

This is the one thing I always thought as well until my boss broke it down for me, it's a really fucked up system.

So big movie comes out, lets pretend its some avengers bullshit. Obviously its a blockbuster title, you want it showing in your theater opening week? That will be $20,000 + 100% of ticket sales. Week 2, 90% of ticket sales go to the studio or whoever the fuck, Week 3 80%, week 4 60%. By the time the actual theater gets to pocket 100% of the admission, the movie is no longer popular and is definitely not filling the seats. That is why popcorn/candy/pop costs so much, that is where they are actually making money.
I have a stack of probably 50 free movie passes for imagine, but every time I go we still pay the $4 for a bottle of water instead of smuggling shit in my coat.

what
the
fuck

hollywood is a fucking racket lmao! welp...that's jews for you

#9543812 - 04/07/19 06:25 PM Re: Private Screening? [Re: robbbby]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany

Im a huge fan of the market square imagine cimena. I absolutely love the mom and pop feel in that theater. Although I wonder is the market square one of the smallest theater they own? It's like really...... small... no more than 20 people per theater

#9543888 - 04/07/19 10:58 PM Re: Private Screening? [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: SuPeR-MaRiO
Have as anyone ever attended a private screening of a movie? I know these take place in advance of movies being released and I believe you can also "rent" a movie theater for a movie that's currently playing (I've heard of this being done for parties).

My inquiry is for a movie that's not playing in the theater, ie an older movie. Say I want to rent out a theater for a bunch of friends to watch a movie (that I own) on the big screen, is this possible?

It doesn't have to be in a major theater, I'm fine with a smaller one, I just want that big (bigger) screen and theater feeling.

Presumably it would be in the morning when the theater is not open to the public at which point we would not be impacting their sales.

Am I out to lunch on this?

What movie?

#9543965 - 04/08/19 08:44 AM Re: Private Screening? [Re: The Postman]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Thanks for the suggestions. I've done a little bit of homework and found a few different options, Imagine is one of them. At the end of the day this is just for fun and so pricing will play a big part. I'll let you know which option I end up going with.

As for the movie, it's going to sound really dumb, but its The Blues Brothers (1980). I don't even know how it started. I think it was one of my older cousins that played it for us when we were younger and for some reason it was a cult classic for us as we grew up. We watched it all the time and quoted lines from it when we got together. I thought it would be nice to get together and watch it on the big screen.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads