Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#9587498 - 06/10/19 07:59 AM Sell in Mahkam, Buy in Burl, RE agent advice?
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
So, this is becoming a super stressful situation before we even DO anything ...

We're looking to SELL in Markham, and BUY in Burlington/Oakville area, in/around Sep 2019...

- All the advice we're hearing is we're going to need TWO real estate agents, as the areas are just too far apart for anyone to be 'awesome/good' for both.
- How dafuq do you even FIND an agent... I'm drinking the koolaid for big hype guys like Leo Shiu/Superstars Realty for Markham, but wife thinks we'll 'overpay' on the commish..
- I'm all about BUYING first, then SELLING. Wife is freaked about bridge loans/etc.
- I'm freaked about selling, then having nowhere to move. We have some options, none which are awesome:
a) rent something
b) put half of stuff into storage, and live/move half into MIL's Hamilton home
c) put in some kind of clause in the SELLING contract re: rent-back or something? And/or contingent on finding a new home etc... <-- yeah good luck with that \:\|

- Markham home doesn't need much besides: decluttering/move shit, paint 1-2 walls, and staging. Already have the easy upgrades done: SS appliances, countertops, lighting, undercab lighting, hardwood flooring, patio stone in the back. (Thought about going deeper into the 'automated home' route, but not sure if the market will pay for it. So we just have a few Nest products that'll likely be part of the sale.)

- Initial research says the Markham house'll be 7-20 DOM (days on market.) \:\|

#9587515 - 06/10/19 08:19 AM Re: Sell in Mahkam, Buy in Burl, RE agent advice? [Re: furball]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

If you are buying in a "hot" area, nobody will entertain offers contingent on you selling your house, so that's pretty much out of question for you. If it's slow, it could work (I wouldn't bank on it).

List Markham house with an agent that takes a small commission (your SO is right about the local agents), you live in a cookie cutter subdivision, there isn't much to do in terms of figuring out market/pricing/strategy/etc.

In your closing you can negotiate closing/rent back, but considering timing, people will probably be looking to move in September for the start of the school year, but if it's some investor/absentee owner, they'd be down. You won't know until the offers come in and you get to counter/ask.

Sell house, put shit in storage, look for a home stress free. Don't want to rush it especially if you don't need to.

#9587614 - 06/10/19 10:04 AM Re: Sell in Mahkam, Buy in Burl, RE agent advice? [Re: Risky Business]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

We don't HAVE to move in before/after September ... so that stresser's gone. Just the fact the market picks up just BEFORE that, so kids get to go to their new school, etc... (which doesn't impact us)

We have to GTFO of Markham by ~December though ...

Edited by furball (06/10/19 10:04 AM)

#9587749 - 06/10/19 12:15 PM Re: Sell in Mahkam, Buy in Burl, RE agent advice? [Re: furball]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

So why are you creating an issue if you don't have an issue?
#9587927 - 06/10/19 03:24 PM Re: Sell in Mahkam, Buy in Burl, RE agent advice? [Re: Risky Business]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Wife wants to be in the 'hot market' by SELLING in Markham, but not feel rushed when BUYING in Burl \:\|
#9587949 - 06/10/19 04:14 PM Re: Sell in Mahkam, Buy in Burl, RE agent advice? [Re: furball]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: People's Republic of Ontario
lolwtf.

just PM hatorade or roger if you need an agent. I think selling and buying through the same agent gives them better incentive to actually work for you.

#9588073 - 06/10/19 06:52 PM Re: Sell in Mahkam, Buy in Burl, RE agent advice? [Re: phoenixrage]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Oh hai

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9588076 - 06/10/19 06:54 PM Re: Sell in Mahkam, Buy in Burl, RE agent advice? [Re: Hatorade]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

By the way it’s a bit late for selling now as typical closings are 60 days. So time is tight for buyers looking to settle in on the new house before school starts.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9588643 - 06/11/19 02:38 PM Re: Sell in Mahkam, Buy in Burl, RE agent advice? [Re: Risky Business]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
 Originally Posted By: Risky Business

Sell house, put shit in storage, look for a home.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads