Page 7 of 16 « First<56789>Last »
Topic Options
#9767148 - 03/27/20 10:55 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Risky Business]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ontario, Canada
 Originally Posted By: Risky Business
 Originally Posted By: 355-Si
 Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles
i'm at work, full PPE, screening ppl for covid assessment. good times.

We have two levels of PPE.

Level 1 PPE is a lower level gown, and a basic mask.
Level 4 PPE is full wrap-around non-porous gown, N95 respirator, thigh-high boots, visor, KKK hood, goggles.

Level 4 is only used for COVID confirmed. I don't have a place to upload what I look like in it. Would like to.

In addition, certain medical procedures are being knocked down the priority list. They're called Aerosol Generating Medical Procedures.
- BVM ventilation
- yankauer airway suction
- CPR (yes... CPR)
- endotracheal intubation (the thing with the blade and the light)
- all nebulized medications (like ventolin)

So if a person has COVID, and they're in cardiac arrest, the CPR and BVM ventilations will render the COVID aerosol which the research now shows will remain aerosol for 8 hours before coming out of the air.
So even though intubation is an AGMP, I am intubating early in order to protect the rest of the people who are helping me resuscitate the patient because once tubed, the airway is closed circuit.
To do this, I either kick everyone out of the room, or I send everyone as far away from the patient's mouth as possible and don level 4 PPE to perform the procedure. Everyone in the room must also be at LEAST wearing goggles and N95.

The other thing the media isn't talk about (and surprisingly social media is the driving force behind it) is that hospitals are severely lacking in PPE.
Nurses are being told to wear the SAME mask all day. One mask per day is fucking retarded and dangerous.
The other thing, we are running out of ventilators.
Also, hospitals are turning certain wings into ICU wings now to accommodate the intubated COVD+ patients.
Some hospitals have so many ventilated patients they have 5 patients on ONE ventilator. That means they have to see what patients have similar breathing volumes and put them together to share. It is FUCKED.

So while the press talks about positive cases (which means fuck all)... the hospitals and paramedics are the ones who are talking about the actual state of things.

People may not wanna social distance, but they really fucking need to.
Stay safe guys... it is real.

Good post.

My buddy's wife works in a Hamilton hospital, they are not allowed to wear PPE as they don't have any and the SOP right now is show up to work without PPE and if you show signs self quarantine (that's with confirmed covid 19 people in this hospital).

a friend of ours son went on vacation recently and when he came back he was self isolating for 14 days and then not even half way through was told to go back to work because they needed as many people as possible...

#9767149 - 03/27/20 10:57 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: 355-Si]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Level 4 PPE is full wrap-around non-porous gown, N95 respirator, thigh-high boots, visor, KKK hood, goggles.

Level 4 is only used for COVID confirmed. I don't have a place to upload what I look like in it. Would like to.

In addition, certain medical procedures are being knocked down the priority list. They're called Aerosol Generating Medical Procedures.
- BVM ventilation
- CPR (yes... CPR)

So if a person has COVID, and they're in cardiac arrest, the CPR and BVM ventilations will render the COVID aerosol which the research now shows will remain aerosol for 8 hours before coming out of the air.
So even though intubation is an AGMP, I am intubating early in order to protect the rest of the people who are helping me resuscitate the patient because once tubed, the airway is closed circuit.
To do this, I either kick everyone out of the room, or I send everyone as far away from the patient's mouth as possible and don level 4 PPE to perform the procedure. Everyone in the room must also be at LEAST wearing goggles and N95.

The other thing the media isn't talk about (and surprisingly social media is the driving force behind it) is that hospitals are severely lacking in PPE.
Nurses are being told to wear the SAME mask all day. One mask per day is fucking retarded and dangerous.
Also, hospitals are turning certain wings into ICU wings now to accommodate the intubated COVD+ patients.
Some hospitals have so many ventilated patients they have 5 patients on ONE ventilator. That means they have to see what patients have similar breathing volumes and put them together to share. It is FUCKED.

So while the press talks about positive cases (which means fuck all)... the hospitals and paramedics are the ones who are talking about the actual state of things.

forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question, but we hear stories about other countries trying different anti viral medications used primarily to treat other things but seem to have a positive impact on some covid patients...whats stopping canada from trying these as a last resort? I know they are working on a vaccine but that is like a year away..what harm can come from trying something that was designed for SARS but may have a positive affect on a covid patient as well, and hopefully free up more ventilators?

#9767508 - 03/27/20 02:13 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: loudsubz]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
 Originally Posted By: loudsubz

- BVM ventilation
- CPR (yes... CPR)

forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question, but we hear stories about other countries trying different anti viral medications used primarily to treat other things but seem to have a positive impact on some covid patients...whats stopping canada from trying these as a last resort? I know they are working on a vaccine but that is like a year away..what harm can come from trying something that was designed for SARS but may have a positive affect on a covid patient as well, and hopefully free up more ventilators?

talking about antimalaria drug?
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/could-chloroquine-treat-coronavirus/

#9767519 - 03/27/20 02:21 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Simon_the_Pieman

- BVM ventilation
- CPR (yes... CPR)

talking about antimalaria drug?
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/could-chloroquine-treat-coronavirus/

thats one i think there was another

#9767670 - 03/27/20 03:58 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: loudsubz]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario

It's not a stupid question at all.
So any drug that goes on the market is subjected to something called an RCT (Randomized Control Trial.) That consists of the target drug and placebos... all packaged the same and the provider doesn't know what they're giving.
There's ethics issues with giving drugs that aren't actually drugs... there's also health concerns if you haven't got a large enough capture to determine whether the medication is even effective. Efficacy is a huge thing... you're not gonna just dump something out there and see if it fits. It has to be tested... vaccines are customized to the strain and genetics of the virus in question.
Controls need to be in place... especially when it'll go out at such a large scope.
Hell, Trump was all about Azithromycin... which is an antibiotic. That doesn't nothing for viruses

It's not like adding salt and flavour to taste when it comes to medicine.
I don't have a solid answer but there are podcasts on why RCTs are needed to start with drug therapies.

Vas, the dumb calls are still there but it seems that they don't even want to go and just want to be "assessed" so we end up doing that.
There are plenty of people who might need to go on any other occasion but they don't want to even though they're actually sick. Not sick enough to be in the acute area, but sick enough that they should probably see a doctor at some point quite soon. But they still don't go because "I don't want the covid."

Imagine trying to start an IV or intubate someone in this thing (level 4)

#9767760 - 03/27/20 06:06 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: 355-Si]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

JFC

i think everyone on here commends all you front line guys, thats a living nightmare doing what you do

if you guys need any help any way we can let us know

#9767786 - 03/27/20 06:39 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: loudsubz]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
Thank you to the guys on the frontline! Please go and enjoy Harvey’s/Swiss Chalet LOL

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9768045 - 03/27/20 11:06 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Hatorade]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

At work now.
Basically told a 63 year old with a sore throat that the hospital doesn’t want him.

Like come on... you want to really go for your sore throat when public health says stay away from EMRG???
You shouldn’t be going even without this pandemic!!

#9768076 - 03/28/20 06:07 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Hatorade]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Hatorade
Thank you to the guys on the frontline! Please go and enjoy Harvey’s/Swiss Chalet LOL

#9768185 - 03/28/20 12:03 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Risky Business]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
 Originally Posted By: Hatorade

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9768204 - 03/28/20 12:31 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
Or Nando's, or free CAA service, or free Starbucks, or free 407 rides to work, or ......

Ya'll making out like bandits for putting yourselves at risk. And it's still not enough. Thank you.

#9768238 - 03/28/20 01:46 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Yo free 407?? lol

I honestly think nurses are finally getting a fraction of the credit they deserve at this time.
I just hope it sticks and doesn't go away after this is over.
EMRG nurses work so fucking hard.

Finished shift this morning. Thank god Golf has lane assist lol.

#9768354 - 03/28/20 05:05 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: 355-Si]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

How nice of 407, when no one fucking needs it. 🤣
#9768418 - 03/28/20 06:34 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Risky Business]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

How nice of 407, when no one fucking needs it. 🤣

Truth LOL

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9768480 - 03/28/20 07:36 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: 355-Si]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany

It's not a stupid question at all.
So any drug that goes on the market is subjected to something called an RCT (Randomized Control Trial.) That consists of the target drug and placebos... all packaged the same and the provider doesn't know what they're giving.
There's ethics issues with giving drugs that aren't actually drugs... there's also health concerns if you haven't got a large enough capture to determine whether the medication is even effective. Efficacy is a huge thing... you're not gonna just dump something out there and see if it fits. It has to be tested... vaccines are customized to the strain and genetics of the virus in question.
Controls need to be in place... especially when it'll go out at such a large scope.
Hell, Trump was all about Azithromycin... which is an antibiotic. That doesn't nothing for viruses

It's not like adding salt and flavour to taste when it comes to medicine.
I don't have a solid answer but there are podcasts on why RCTs are needed to start with drug therapies.

Vas, the dumb calls are still there but it seems that they don't even want to go and just want to be "assessed" so we end up doing that.
There are plenty of people who might need to go on any other occasion but they don't want to even though they're actually sick. Not sick enough to be in the acute area, but sick enough that they should probably see a doctor at some point quite soon. But they still don't go because "I don't want the covid."

Imagine trying to start an IV or intubate someone in this thing (level 4)

Jesus.

So kinda like this?

https://v.redd.it/e2hv26qu3hp41

#9768700 - 03/29/20 10:41 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: c2k]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
stay safe 355....
#9768855 - 03/29/20 03:29 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: A2B-Lexus]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

\:\|

#9768867 - 03/29/20 03:36 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: furball]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Apparently fines for not self-isolating are being handing out. On my fb feed:

Definition of self-isolating:
- NO symptoms, but a) came back from abroad, 14 days, or b) someone around you has COVID-19.

definition source: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/s...risks.html#self

Edited by furball (03/29/20 03:36 PM)

#9768899 - 03/29/20 04:04 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: furball]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

2 and 3 are probably people refusing to give up their names/id.

Wife finally has a few nights off after working a good 7-8 shifts in a row. Around 20 cases in all of Burl/Ham/Niagara . Couple of deaths but lots recovering too.

People are donating PPE to her hospital, leaving flowers and notes for the staff, restaurants delivering tons of food too.

#9769019 - 03/29/20 07:12 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: The Postman]
Raocorp Offline
Cougar Slayer
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto
 Originally Posted By: The Postman

Wife finally has a few nights off after working a good 7-8 shifts in a row. Around 20 cases in all of Burl/Ham/Niagara . Couple of deaths but lots recovering too.

People are donating PPE to her hospital, leaving flowers and notes for the staff, restaurants delivering tons of food too.

Thats great news! We need more stories like this. So tired of the doom and gloom! This WILL come to an end eventually. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

#9769024 - 03/29/20 07:22 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Raocorp]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Raocorp
 Originally Posted By: The Postman

unfortunately you need the doom and gloom, without it the majority would be on with their day like the kids who were out celebrating spring break still

Thats great news! We need more stories like this. So tired of the doom and gloom! This WILL come to an end eventually. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

#9769113 - 03/30/20 07:24 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: loudsubz]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Wife's supplies are fucked HARD.

~10 days worth of N95s, even less for face masks (with and w/o shields.). They reduced use by ~50% last week, this week to 25%, as no shipments for at least 2 weeks \:\|

This reduction to 25% is also worse as some depts are only now starting to use masks.

This is in addition to a shit ton of other measures they're put in place in the weeks prior: external staging areas in tents, external tents for COVID-19 suspected cases, security guards and nurses checking temps for anyone coming in, etc. I'm guessing blast shields (i.e. plexiglass) are also installed in areas where there wasn't prior. (i.e. grocery stores are all over this now.)

I've seen photos (on fb) of hospitals with brown bags on a table, each one labelled with a name. That's your ration for the day. 1 mask per person, re-use it by putting it back in the bag etc. Showed it to the wife, she's like yep they're doing that now. (*Not 100% sure if she meant yeah they're doing it at all hospitals across the US/Canada, or if her hospital.)

Have a physician couple in TO; come in thru a diff entrance, blocked off with chairs/etc (so the kids don't go in that area.). Straight to the shower in basement, clothes straight into the basement laundry. Things wiped down before they take a breath, and settle in to home life. This is daily. \:\|

Peeps in Asia wash their disposable cotton(?) face masks, then let them dry in the sun \:\| (No money, no supply, etc.)

#9769122 - 03/30/20 07:33 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: furball]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

https://www.narcity.com/news/ca/on/covid...ally-prohibited

Quote:
Ontario Has Officially Banned All Gatherings Of More Than 5 People
The ban is effective immediately, and includes weddings, parties, and community projects

#9769225 - 03/30/20 09:44 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: furball]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, ON, Canada
For those people who still have to work in grocery stores or transit or healthcare or whatever, that still have human interactions on the daily, how safe do you feel going home that you aren't bringing anything back? De-con in the garage with lysol wipes? Strip down to nothing and straight to shower? I still have to work and have seriously thought about living in a tent in the backyard or setting up in the Element with a sleeping bag.

#9769227 - 03/30/20 09:45 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: furball]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario
I'm basically doing that if I have to go into work. Shower right when I come home and clothes to laundry and I don't work in health care.
#9769308 - 03/30/20 10:46 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: BroKe]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

There's talk some Asian grocery stories have banned ENTRY if you are NOT wearing a face mask \:\|

https://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2020/03/toronto-supermarkets-face-masks/

Edited by furball (03/30/20 01:42 PM)

#9769453 - 03/30/20 12:35 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: 4Three]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: 4Three
For those people who still have to work in grocery stores or transit or healthcare or whatever, that still have human interactions on the daily, how safe do you feel going home that you aren't bringing anything back? De-con in the garage with lysol wipes? Strip down to nothing and straight to shower? I still have to work and have seriously thought about living in a tent in the backyard or setting up in the Element with a sleeping bag.

when it gets hotter out hanging in the garage and backyard may become a thing
I work in security and told them I can't continue to do non emergency work at this time so either accommodate with working remotely or I would just go into self isolation, so right now Im doing as much as I can from home and only going into locations with very little people or closed up and we can get access if needed.

At home we run 2 air cleaners with UVC on and at night I run my essential oil diffusers with some different oils in them

#9769512 - 03/30/20 01:01 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: loudsubz]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
Wait, essential oils defeat the virus?

Man, is there anything they can't do?

#9769552 - 03/30/20 01:26 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Senor Eduardo_82
Wait, essential oils defeat the virus?

Man, is there anything they can't do?

defeat the virus? no not even entertaining that (though some might believe lol)
its more to promote a healthy environment and help your lungs and immune system so if you do happen to catch it, hopefully you are able to stay at home and not crowd the hospitals even more.

Some essential oils are even linked to helping some strains of pneumonia so taking anything at this time to help is worth it.

ive been using essential oils in a diffuser for years now, just changing around the oils for different things

Edited by loudsubz (03/30/20 01:27 PM)

#9769587 - 03/30/20 02:13 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: loudsubz]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
wait hold up, we get free 407? lol

#9769602 - 03/30/20 02:21 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: 4Three]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: 4Three

I fell safe coming home.
I shower at the station before coming home... and come home in my civi's.
I don't understand medics who go home in their uniform... it's fucked.
It's one thing to go into work in it, because that is hopefully a fresh wash and you have clothes to change into after work, but there's no excuse for wearing your shit home.

If you're wearing your PPE, you and your families will be fine.
Do you have eyewear to protect against droplet contamination? That and a surgical mask is all you need unless you're in an area where aerosol generating medical procedures are occurring.

Protect eyes, mouth and nose.

#9769643 - 03/30/20 02:58 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: 355-Si]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

i'm wearing full PPE over my work scrubs, but when i get home there's no contact, i get right into the shower and clothes are washed every day. that's normal procedure tho except now i just wear the 1 pair of scrubs.

Edited by titty sprinkles (04/01/20 07:08 PM)

#9769708 - 03/30/20 03:51 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: titty sprinkles]
TheRealCSnapper Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Canada
how do you guys, as front line health workers, feel about motherfuckers banging their pots and pans at 730 everynight?

don't y'all just want to chill in peace and quiet after a long day of being worried if you've been vid.

#9769774 - 03/30/20 04:50 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

well at 7:30pm i'm on my lunch break but during the morning when i'm sleeping it can suck when people make alot of noise.

#9769780 - 03/30/20 04:54 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: TheRealCSnapper
how do you guys, as front line health workers, feel about motherfuckers banging their pots and pans at 730 everynight?

don't y'all just want to chill in peace and quiet after a long day of being worried if you've been vid.

I certainly don’t deserve it, but I understand it and it makes me smile.
A lot of people are on the receiving end of that banter... doesn’t bother me.
Without some of the people they’re lauding... we’d be way more fucked.

Also, Titty... that’s your shower cap from home isn’t it lol

Page 7 of 16 « First<56789>Last »

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads