Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#9952030 - 11/18/20 08:51 AM Re: What's the latest with Internet providers? [Re: loudsubz]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ontario, Canada
https://imgur.com/a/nB0smoq
#9952104 - 11/18/20 10:19 AM Re: What's the latest with Internet providers? [Re: loudsubz]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

All of those plans are more expensive and require more "work".

Going to pass here.

#9952162 - 11/18/20 11:03 AM Re: What's the latest with Internet providers? [Re: Risky Business]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Risky Business

Going to pass here.

unless you're getting something different than whats advertised on the cantel page

their offerings are
cable 75 $34
cable 150 $39
cable 300 $69

Rogers 150 $35
Rogers 300 $57

unless my math is wrong not sure how those are not "better" deals
and when you mean "work" you mean just send a message on their FB page and they come back with the price? I thought you were the type of guy to put in effort? Its really not that hard I didn't really do any extra work unless you consider sending a message on FB or their support chat "tough"

#9952198 - 11/18/20 11:42 AM Re: What's the latest with Internet providers? [Re: loudsubz]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
I've been a long time Rogers customer but we have all our home services with them. I just find it so exhausting, frustrating, and draining having to play their stupid game every 12 months when its renewal time.
#9952199 - 11/18/20 11:43 AM Re: What's the latest with Internet providers? [Re: loudsubz]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
If you have home phone or cableTV going on ...

You can lower your overall payments by going VoIP for phone, or Android pirate IPTV box.

For me:
- ~$2CAD/mth for VoIP (+ 1-time $100 VoIP hardware) -- http://www.voip.ms
- ~$6CAD/mth per IPTV box (+ 1-time ~$160 for IPTV box) -- OK2 servers

Rarely use the 'landline', but wife needs to fax when she's WFH.

re: cheap internet provider rates, can't help you there. I'm w/Cogeco (no Rogers around here) ... and I'm coming up for renewal soon FML.

The VoIP thing might be a good idea for your line of work -- you can order multiple phone numbers, 1-800 numbers, even fax-specific numbers (that'll PDF the faxes) ... and, super cheap.

Edited by furball (11/18/20 11:49 AM)

#9952310 - 11/18/20 02:15 PM Re: What's the latest with Internet providers? [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: SuPeR-MaRiO
I've been a long time Rogers customer but we have all our home services with them. I just find it so exhausting, frustrating, and draining having to play their stupid game every 12 months when its renewal time.

This is the 'work' I am referring to. Would rather avoid.

#9952312 - 11/18/20 02:15 PM Re: What's the latest with Internet providers? [Re: loudsubz]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: loudsubz
 Originally Posted By: Risky Business

Going to pass here.

unless you're getting something different than whats advertised on the cantel page

their offerings are
cable 75 $34
cable 150 $39
cable 300 $69

Rogers 150 $35
Rogers 300 $57

unless my math is wrong not sure how those are not "better" deals
and when you mean "work" you mean just send a message on their FB page and they come back with the price? I thought you were the type of guy to put in effort? Its really not that hard I didn't really do any extra work unless you consider sending a message on FB or their support chat "tough"

Both plans will load the forum at the same speed, I will live

#9952449 - 11/18/20 05:24 PM Re: What's the latest with Internet providers? [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: SuPeR-MaRiO

I only have internet with them and have no issue renewing after 12 months
even after the initial promotion is done, when they bump up in $$ its still cheaper than most of the competition so I just renew at their next price. This last one was the easiest. I just asked what deals they had and they gave me the deals posted and I said sure sign me up, less than 5 min of back and forth chat on FB. I'm not looking to rawfish them on deals as long as its in line or cheaper than most of the third party deals.

#9952519 - 11/18/20 07:18 PM Re: What's the latest with Internet providers? [Re: loudsubz]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
the shit i had to go through just to cancel Bell internet.

so far fido is pretty good, minus the janky ass temporary line that is against/around my fence that will be buried in 2021.

can we talk about speeds/devices? at first i had bell 50, now i have fido 75 and the jump in speed is useful. i can have up to 5 devices when i'm not home running, kids ipad & laptop, womans working from home so that's her laptop, phone and smart tv going, and if i'm home then that's my phone and probably ps4 going too, plus aquarium is wireless so with all those 75 is keeping up pretty decently.

#9952541 - 11/18/20 08:11 PM Re: What's the latest with Internet providers? [Re: titty sprinkles]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
Rogers ran a temp line to my house a few weeks ago, then CCS came today to bury it. You might get lucky.
#9952666 - 11/19/20 08:48 AM Re: What's the latest with Internet providers? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Bury the cable? ... Dream on ...

This one time, at bandcamp, when I first moved into my Markham home, they grafted a line from my neighbour (it was winter -- no way to dig.) ; it looked like I was stealing internet.

Kept calling every 4-6 mths, eventually they 'lost track' of it, no record of it, and ... ended up selling the home 5-6 yrs later with the ghetto line still there, never buried.

Edited by furball (11/19/20 08:49 AM)

#9952888 - 11/19/20 02:12 PM Re: What's the latest with Internet providers? [Re: furball]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

fuck that noise they told me march/april next year. i'll be on them like fuck to get that ugly thing buried.

#9953190 - 11/20/20 07:57 AM Re: What's the latest with Internet providers? [Re: titty sprinkles]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Did some preliminary Googling ... wtf there's no alternative to the Gigabit fibre from Cogeco ... I can't head to retention dept if there's no alternative to jump to ...
#9953275 - 11/20/20 09:46 AM Re: What's the latest with Internet providers? [Re: furball]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
My temp line was buried last month.

Day 1
-In June People redoing the driveway cut the line underground by accident. (no big deal because the line was going to be replaced anyway since Rogers said it needed to be upgraded with heavier gauge from previous work order)

Day 2
-Temp line was set.

Day3
- They actually came to bury the line, but just small tool guys who said they have to cut the driveway. They suggested it to be bored underground below driveway

-2 weeks later, people came to mark the grass with spray paint.

-4 months later they showed up again to mark the grass.

-2 weeks after that they actually buried it.

Check your order status here.
It's not always up to date though.
https://www.rogersoutdoorcable.com/app/OrderStatus.asp

#9955757 - 11/24/20 03:36 PM Re: What's the latest with Internet providers? [Re: porschetr]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
Just signed up to jump over to Fido. 150/unlimited for $37.50/mo for 12 months. And $150 giftcard for Black Friday promo.
#9955761 - 11/24/20 03:41 PM Re: What's the latest with Internet providers? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

damn, that's a great deal.
#9955911 - 11/24/20 07:10 PM Re: What's the latest with Internet providers? [Re: Risky Business]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

shit 150 for $37? that's a better deal than i got

#9965995 - 12/11/20 04:04 PM Re: What's the latest with Internet providers? [Re: titty sprinkles]
Raocorp Offline
Cougar Slayer
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto
I had some bad contractors cut my internet line while working on a neighbours house and because i was with 3rd party (Ebox) it took Rogers 8 days to come out and fix the line. I waited 3 days to no avail so I called Bell and they installed next day. I was still waiting for rogers for another 4 days after my Bell was installed.

I'm working from home so 3 days without being able to work would could have potentially been a full week is a no go. Good thing I called Bell instead. I cancelled with ebox the next day after the line was finally "fixed"

I'll likely never go 3rd party ever again. Bell is expensive yes, but it works well and is fast. We use the internet all day everyday. Why cheap out on it? Would I rather pay less? of course I would. But I'd also like to have service when bad things happen. Its ok....i'll cut something else out of my life in order to make up that difference from the price I was paying before to the price I am paying now.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads