Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#1371073 - 05/09/07 12:28 PM Chicago Land Machine Shop
kramitman87 Offline
Jr Poster

Loc: south suburbs of chi-town
Guys does anybody know of a chicago area machine shop. i need a place to balance my bottom end and put in pistons and rods for me. any recommendations are much appreciated

thank you,
Mark

Visit Sponsors! Help CSi !
#1371132 - 05/09/07 12:39 PM Re: Chicago Land Machine Shop [Re: kramitman87]
Noob4Life Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: IL, USA
We work pretty closely with Suja1 in Carol Stream, and Factory 5 in Schaumburg. Both have excellent reputations, but more on a personal level I'd trust them 100% with my car.
#3442555 - 02/01/09 03:46 AM Re: Chicago Land Machine Shop [Re: Noob4Life]
mateuszekxxpl Offline
Jr Poster

Loc: Schaumburg, IL
try one6motorsports in elk grove. mark is the owner and they specialize in hondas. i get all of my work done there.
07 Ralley Red sedan. 8000K H.I.D's. Yellow fogs. Red H on steering wheel. De-badged civic emblem. Black painted emblems. Black Rotas' with Red Lip wrapped around Eagle Gt's. HFP front/rear lips. Seibon TS CF hood w/ red hood pins. AEM CAI. Vibrant Performance HFCH.

#3452012 - 02/04/09 12:42 PM Re: Chicago Land Machine Shop [Re: mateuszekxxpl]
patsmears_07_SI Offline
Poster

Loc: NW Burbs
I'm with Matt on one6 but....

ONE6:
Mark is a good guy and he even drives an 8th gen tw coupe si. He did a good job on Matt's work and he had a nice clean install of the first turbo'd 8th I've seen in the Chicagoland area. last time I was at One6 Mark still did not have tuning capabilities but I know he could do your install.

SUJA:
I have also stopped by Suja and they were very friendly and helpful. I was asking about camshaft/pistons/pulleys/etc as well as tuning capabilities. They've tuned Honda's in the past but obviously our gen(I'm assuming you have an 8th gen) is limited at the moment. There shop has a couple built Honda's in the garage and one of the visits I saw another 8th gen on the lift. They'll show you some of their projects and you can judge for yourself.

Factory5: I think went out of buiseness but I could be mistaken.

GRD: These guys have tuned a lot of my friends cars, but they have been subaru's. They are a tuning shop so if you stop by I'm sure they'll talk to you and let me know if you do an how it goes. I've been meaning to stop by their new shop but I'm not ready for any real engine work at the moment.

Check them all out and speak with guys and ask if they've actually done bottom end work, pistons,rods etc.. on our gen or your gen. Good luck man, post up findings/results if you don't mind.
AEM CAI, SS brake lines, Rota Torque (old bronze color) wrapped with Bridgestone Potenza REO1-R 245-front 225-rear, Stock Si rims painted black, 6000K HID's, 8th civic Chicago Crew sticker good for +20whp...

#3935722 - 07/26/09 09:49 PM Re: Chicago Land Machine Shop [Re: patsmears_07_SI]
Y2K Si FBP Offline
Post Master Jr

Loc: Porter Ranch, CA sfv
factory 5 went under new owner and new location...

no longer located in schaumburg.

now it's in burr ridge. main employees are still there. excellent top notch work. they built my engine and rebuilt my trans. my car is with them right now for some electrical gremlins and get re-tuned. (changed chassis)

http://www.profunctionauto.com/

7725 Grant St. Unit 3
Burr Ridge, IL 60527
(847) 895-9520

mikey is one of the better tuners in the chicago-land area. if not the best. people from the midwest bring cars to them for builds/tunes.

mark at one6 has a great store front..alot of parts instock. 3/4 of my build was supplied by mark.

if you're going for more than bolt on stuff..or beyond a simple engine swap. my opinion is profunction hands down!

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  uberpollo, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads