Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#4065247 - 09/10/09 04:00 PM One year ago today...
ALTIMA420 Offline
Post Master

Loc: AZ CITY, AZ
I was almost killed in a motorcycle accident when a lady made a left in front of me on my way from work. I spent a very long time in the hospital getting a grip of surgeries. I was stuck in a wheelchair until mid June when I started learning how to walk again. Now, a year later all my injuries have healed with the exception of my right tib/fib. However, I'm able to walk fairly well. I'm missing 5" of bone right under my knee and am lucky to have a leg still. I still may lose it, but keeping it is looking good at this point. I broke about 20 bones, including clavicle, femur, a bunch of ribs, and my left hand/wrist. I also had a bruised heart, ruptured kidney, and torn lungs. I was fully geared with the exception of full length boots. My legs look pretty butchered. They took a huge chunk out of my left thigh to cover the gaping hole my tibia came out. Picture Stewie from the family guy's head on my shin. \:D I have a titanium cage in the bone deficit now, and hopefully bone will grow around and through the cage.

I cannot stress enough to treat each day as your last, and to give blood! I received 9 pints and am forever indebted to donors. Also, I will NEVER eat Tom's BBQ again haha. When I was in ICU, still intubated, I ralphed up my lunch twice and thought I was going to drown in my own vomit. I will never be able to bbq without thinking about that. \:D

Here's my leg 8 days after the accident and 1 day after the surgery that put my thigh piece on my shin. \:D (it looks gnarly now, but A LOT better than this pic)

'03 600 GSXR (totaled along with me)

Visit Sponsors! Help CSi !
#4070725 - 09/12/09 03:57 PM Re: One year ago today... [Re: ALTIMA420]
AzRider Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
god damn. you got fucked up!

glad you are still with us csi'ers and hope it all works well in the end.

#4116110 - 09/26/09 11:40 PM Re: One year ago today... [Re: AzRider]
alex053 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Peoria, AZ
damn man! glad to hear youre getting better.

#4734502 - 05/10/10 08:42 PM Re: One year ago today... [Re: alex053]
JT Online   embarrased
Post Master Sr

Loc: Minnesota eh
Holy shit Rick, I just stopped in to check the SW board and saw this. How is your recovery going?

#4775023 - 05/26/10 09:31 PM Re: One year ago today... [Re: JT]
AZSnake Moderator Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
That is crazy man, I'm glad you seem to be doing a lot better. \:\( Sorry to hear you had to go through so much!

#4932919 - 08/01/10 10:01 AM Re: One year ago today... [Re: AZSnake]
94lsvtec Offline
Post Master

Loc: Phoenix AZ
Man that looks terrible. Makes me not want to get a bike now, had a lot of close calls myself...Best of luck with your continued recovery!
#4963546 - 08/14/10 11:09 AM Re: One year ago today... [Re: 94lsvtec]
ALTIMA420 Offline
Post Master

Loc: AZ CITY, AZ
Almost 2 years now! \:D My recovery has been awesome. I have not let my disability stop me from doing much of anything except riding motorcycles for the time being. My recovery has been remarkable from a medical standpoint. I shouldn't have a leg, much less walking as good as I do now. My x-rays indicate a great deal of bone growth in the huge deficit where the cage was placed. My main limitations are running and jumping. I'm cleared to run by my doctor, I'm just not really able to do anything more than a brisk walk at this point. I traded my 540i in for a quad cab SRT-10 back in March \:D I didn't put it all the way in park the other day and had to do a gimp run after it before it rolled off a huge hill where it would have likely met its demise \:D Afterwards I was quite impressed with my ability to move that quickly haha.

Thanks everyone!

'03 600 GSXR (totaled along with me)

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  AZSnake, RR98DX, A_Mantis, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads