Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#676318 - 11/13/06 06:15 PM Edelbrock Performance X Turbo
dtdcampbell Offline
Jr Poster

Loc: Michigan
I tried doing a search on here if there was any previous discussion on this turbo system, but I came up empty handed. What are some thoughts on it?
Videos
#676319 - 11/13/06 06:54 PM Re: Edelbrock Performance X Turbo
crvtecrob Offline

Loc: PVB, FL
Someone here did have the kit and had questions but that was a long time ago. Kinda pricey isn't it?
#676320 - 11/13/06 09:10 PM Re: Edelbrock Performance X Turbo
dtdcampbell Offline
Jr Poster

It is pricey that is why I was curious if it was really worth the money. According to what I have seen online they say you do not need anything else besides the kit and do not need to tune. But from everything I have read here on clubsi begs to differ and that you should ALWAYS tune.
#676321 - 11/13/06 09:20 PM Re: Edelbrock Performance X Turbo
cua0 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
yes, always tune.

for what it's worth, unless you live somewhere that is incredibly strict about emissions you are better off piecing something together or getting your kit and your management seperately and then tuning.

#676322 - 11/13/06 09:48 PM Re: Edelbrock Performance X Turbo
dtdcampbell Offline
Jr Poster

Well I live in michigan so emissions are not a big deal as far as I know of. But piecing together a turbo setup I would not even know where to begin.
#676323 - 11/13/06 11:00 PM Re: Edelbrock Performance X Turbo
caRRRR Offline
Post Master Jr

Loc: P.C. > U
it would be a great learning experience, not to mention when you're all done, it'd be so much more rewarding.

#676324 - 11/14/06 07:43 AM Re: Edelbrock Performance X Turbo
cua0 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
Quote:

Well I live in michigan so emissions are not a big deal as far as I know of. But piecing together a turbo setup I would not even know where to begin.

you could begin at the faq, that should help you figure out where to begin and go from there.
once you go through that you are welcome to ask help or opinions in here, we're chock full of opinions

#676325 - 11/14/06 08:56 AM Re: Edelbrock Performance X Turbo
SiAdam Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: West By God Virginia
Quote:

Thats part of the process. If you don't know what it does, or what you need, then how can you buy a kit and get the best performance for your $$...?

Learning about a turbo system as a whole as well as making some power is what it's all about...w/o taking the time to gain "some" knowledge you are cheating yourself.

#676326 - 11/15/06 12:25 AM Re: Edelbrock Performance X Turbo
dtdcampbell Offline
Jr Poster

I am still surprised nobody has this setup and I have not came across any reviews.
#676327 - 11/15/06 02:41 AM Re: Edelbrock Performance X Turbo
dansred2000si Offline
Post Master Jr

Loc: El Paso, Texas
Quote:

I am still surprised nobody has this setup and I have not came across any reviews.

Well the best advice you will come accross around here and other places that have experience with turbo kits will probably tell you that you should save your self some time and cash and piece your kit together. You will get better parts that way and at the same time save your self some money. JMO.
B18A1|CP's81.5mm|Eagle|ACL|Moroso|Cometic hg|Hasport|ARP|B16A head|
GSR cams|BDL cam gears|Supertech valvetrain|Vic X|RLD Ramhorn mani|3"DP|
Tial44mm WG|GT3076R .82a/r|Apexi IC|HKS SSQ BOV|HONDATA S300|ACT 6puck|

#676328 - 12/02/06 07:24 AM Re: Edelbrock Performance X Turbo
2BFI Offline

I have the 1509 kit on my 99 Civic Si. I went with Wiseco low comp psitons 8.9:1 CR and Eagle Rods. Low end was totally gone. It didn't really pull till about 5500 rpm. I think it's mostly due to the Edelbrock manifold. The runners were too fat and short. It's better to use the OEM IM and modify the piping.

At 7 psi, running really rich I dynod at 220whp. I drove it around at 10 psi most of the time. At one time I tried 12 psi. Darn wheelspin on 3rd gear at 6000 rpm.

It also fried my AC condenser's fan motor coz the downpipe was less than an inch from it. A way to avoid it is to use a pusher fan in front of the conderser.

Since then, I've removed the kit. It's sitting in my store room. I went back to my old JRSC setup, stock piston and rods, but added an MVM stepper pulley for 10 psi. It has great instant torque, don't have to cooldown the turbo, and has linear power delivery.

Next project is to add an LHT intercooler. Then maybe, just maybe, for fun, I might try twin charging it.

Turbos are for absolute power if you can live with the lag. SCs are for the impatient ones. Anyway, the way I see it, the SC make more power up to 4000 rpms. From 4k-6k rpms, they are about equal. From 6k rpms to redline the Edelbrock kit is way more powerful.

Turbo at 7psi 220 whp. SC at 10 psi, I'm guessing 180 whp.

Edited by 2BFI (12/02/06 07:44 AM)

#676329 - 12/02/06 08:02 AM Re: Edelbrock Performance X Turbo
SamuraiSam Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Bellingham, WA
I'm willing to bet that good tuning could have picked most if not all of your midrange. Of course the lower compression pistons will have an effect on your power output too.

Did you use the stock downpipe?

#676330 - 12/02/06 08:37 AM Re: Edelbrock Performance X Turbo
2BFI Offline

Yup, stock downpipe at 2.5". There was basically no substantial boost available at midrange. I even had a APEXi AVC-R to keep the wastegate closed. The main culprit is the Victor X intake manifold.

I just thought of it, maybe the .86AR was to blame too. I bet a .64 would've been more fun. Or was it .84 and .62??? Anyway, you get what I mean.

Still I love the instant boost of the SC.

Edited by 2BFI (12/02/06 08:40 AM)

#676331 - 12/02/06 08:59 AM Re: Edelbrock Performance X Turbo
SamuraiSam Offline
Post Master Sr

It's a .86 A/R exhaust housing.

All the SR20 guys run the smaller .64 housing. I have one on my 240 (with a GT2871, not the Potato), and it is plenty of fun by 4k. It kind of surprises me that Edelbrock ships the .86 housing- I just assumed they would use the smaller one.

#676332 - 12/02/06 11:53 AM Re: Edelbrock Performance X Turbo
SiAdam Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: West By God Virginia
Proper tuning and some love, your Edlebrock kit would be a blast...I would have kept stock pistons/rods and saved some $$ as well.

#676333 - 12/02/06 02:35 PM Re: Edelbrock Performance X Turbo
dtdcampbell Offline
Jr Poster

Thanks for your input on your experience with the kit.
#676334 - 12/03/06 07:22 AM Re: Edelbrock Performance X Turbo
2BFI Offline

Right now I'm at the crossroads of a decision again. I'm buying a JDM ITR '98 spec engine with 11.1:1 CR in a couple of days.

My plan is to transfer the JRSC and get an LHT intercooler. I'll probably get 240-250whp. There is a dyno chart at Evans-Tuning.com where they got 260 whp with a CAI, and 2.5" Kamikaze header.

At the back of my mind, maybe I should install the Edelbrock kit... Then again, maybe not.

I do some circuit racing (time attacks) and feel more confident with the linear power delivery of the SC. I'm afraid that boost will suddenly come in while I'm in mid corner. Unless I get a .64 A/R housing.

Edited by 2BFI (12/03/06 07:27 AM)

#676335 - 12/03/06 11:55 AM Re: Edelbrock Performance X Turbo
SamuraiSam Offline
Post Master Sr

The .64 will fall off up top, but not nearly as bad as the JRSC.

My .02 is put the Edelbrock kit on and let Evans-tuning have at it. If you're still unsatisfied then try the .64 housing.

Why the switch to the new motor?

#676336 - 12/03/06 01:18 PM Re: Edelbrock Performance X Turbo
mike4477 Offline

Loc: CA
I have the kit for about 2 years now. Do not have any major probblems with it. The reason i bought the kit was that it was 50 state street legal and is smog legal too. Did my smog check and passed in CA. It has decent power @ about 200-230 whp. This kit comes complete everything you need from blow off valve to exhuast head studs. I have the 1501 kit for the B16a. 7psi max. full boost @ 4300 rpm. If you are running stock boost, keep your internals stock too!!! ditch the piggy back crap and use a EMS and tune it. i just tuned it with Crome Pro with RC440cc. havent yet to dyno. will post later on that. If you are a DIY guy. piece yourself a kit and get an EMS tune with a wideband o2 sensor. youll save loads of money. with the exception of not being able to pass smog hahaha. 5-7psi is nothing to brag about, but if your like me, thats a good starting point. Sooner or later you will want to boost more, But im happy with my setup. If you have more question let me know.

pics-

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a137/bonesz447/x4.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a137/bonesz447/x3.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a137/bonesz447/x1.jpg

#676337 - 12/03/06 05:32 PM Re: Edelbrock Performance X Turbo
2BFI Offline

SamuraiSam:

Why the new engine? Hmmm.... I don't know, I just want it.

I'd love to have my car tuned by Evans Tuning. Unforunately I don't live in the continental US. We have some tuners here, but I prefer to do things myself on a dyno. To me that is part of the fun.

Maybe I'll try the turbo again on stock boost levels and see how it goes with the ITR setup.

mike4477:

My kit was the 1509. It is the same as your, but without the fuel management. I used Crome, but have now upgraded to the AEM EMS. O2 sensor is handled by the PLX wideband.

I didn't reach full boost till about 5000+ rpm.

On another note, how is your intake track from the compressor outlet to the throttle body? Mine had quite some oil. I first suspected somthing wrong when there was some oil residue coming out of the BOV. That led me to think that my seals were blown coz of excess oil pressure. Edelbrock claims they have an oil restrictor installed. So I don't know if something might be wrong with my turbo.

Edited by 2BFI (12/03/06 05:33 PM)

#676338 - 12/03/06 06:00 PM Re: Edelbrock Performance X Turbo
mike4477 Offline

Loc: CA
I had the same problem. Oil was sitting on the compressor side of the turbo. Fix that by disconnecting the hose line that connects to the crank case vent. to the intake pipe. Taped up the bung and got a breather instead. Intake is now pristine. Use a catch can if your gonna connect to the crank case vent.
#676339 - 12/03/06 09:40 PM Re: Edelbrock Performance X Turbo
2BFI Offline

Thanks! I'll try that.

#676340 - 12/06/06 10:08 PM Re: Edelbrock Performance X Turbo
PsychoEBPSiR Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Vancity,Canada
Yeha the 2871 is a rad turbo ,run it on our sr20 also.Great response good pull up top also,2 a mellow 12psi i keep up to buddy in his 930 turbo with k26turbo upgrade down the straits at the track.

#9160961 - 10/17/17 05:36 AM Re: Edelbrock Performance X Turbo [Re: ]
Gen Offline

Wouldn't it again again turn out to be nice have a relatively profession making it possible to have a career earning huge amount of money? For almost all, it only can be described as pipe recommended that do not ever materializes. What follows are insurance protection merchandising techniques dress yourself in make a career difference. www.laterinsurance.com
By and large, the dog or cat have commenced slowing your partner's eating weeks well before an particular departure, and such firms be seen as a natural part of the departure system. Primarily, the body's cells might be considering itself for the purpose of death, and then that body reacts in manners that allow the pet only a small number suffering as they could be especially. www.petsmaybe.com
Active involvement within your child's your daily routine: Many of that parents desire neglected your partner's or her's parental duties to house maids and also school academics. Parents' appearance throughout his or her's children's life is in usually the holistic development of that child. www.parentinginclude.com
There are probably very only some people across the country that can say many really relish receiving demands from telemarketers. Since keep in mind, even if they don't interrupt a meal or some other type of type from activity, the demands themselves are simply just unpleasant. www.lawexists.com
It happens to be of only two many categories in your partner's or her's general develop, the to begin with particular useful television post particular path on television that might be referred towards for a lot of learning idea www.interestededucation.com
If you possess the capital or progression capital, you in any natural process and of course definitely definitely would not leave it again again solely sleeping within your vault or within your low-interest compensating check profile. It is generally normal that you can would make a shot to make your finances grow spare. www.wondersrealestate.com
Israel can be described as very widely used commercial and also business center in addition to tourist hub in the middle East. Several families over the hot months and wintry weather visit this original country by way of varied ideas. This have initiated usually the growth and also development because of satellite program in Israel. www.productivenews.com
Regardless of the your tid bit boy's most desired sport - can really baseball, nfl, basketball, ice skating, tennis, or environment of world of golf - we can win large with him in the event you give a man some customizable bedroom which may match particularly a personalized sports take a look bed. www.sportsdecide.com
Must make sure have four-footed friends in the home, you know appear to keep unique because from paw's obtain their a good defense. Tinsel and also poinsettia residential home plants, for the purpose of situation, should in no way supply for the purpose of environment for fear of poisoning as well as choking concerns. www.listofpets.com
The Twelve Spiritual Standards Of Success: A Reliable Guide In your Fulfillment Aided by the Dreams because of Deepak Chopra can be described as short and also simple path, but also man or woman who is perhaps even profound and also enjoyable increasingly being guide packed with timeless awareness and reliable steps we can apply to bring about further success all and sundry areas across the world. www.lawfinal.com
Most people who become academics will reveal they already have actually wanted to achieve this since typically the pair are children. There is something incredibly appealing concerning capacity towards shape the time to come by showing future choices. www.educationalfuture.com
Buying realty inside of a particular IRA account can assist you to insure some retirement and also protect some profits caused by excessive tax returns. So, many of us are using their company company IRA for real estate investment opportunities opportunities, but there is certainly pitfalls. Here's appropriate make an attempt to get. www.realestatewithin.com
These joggers need to keep up their all around body through eating styles, and health and exercise. Avoiding prescription drugs, smoking, and alcoholic permit such athletes towards generally turn out to be superior for the duration of their performance contrary to other joggers. www.difficultsports.com
Awareness means wedding day users not to mention attendents personal message along not to mention comprehending it again. Not all people understand the needs and wants of everyone around him/her due to this fact, there can be misunderstandings and also conflicts. www.admirablepets.com
Very impressive tools to help get the proof which may be needed is to get going tape-recording exclusive proof all coincidence and / or all 'out of that blue' past experiences that develops to most people. Every time you select what or crafted text: serendipity, coincidence, synchronicity, heaps of different things is getting, www.figurelaw.com
Education plays a unique role out of your comfort of this arrival from humankind through her onward path. In your setting of usually the emerging another country country because of 21st one single hundred time, education have incomparably problematical roles in opposition to play. www.educationzest.com
Today swamped with the help of realty problem, when might know about really choose is almost always to spotlight your internet business including a clients? Right now you could outsource usually the maze because of leasing, renewals, CAM audits, and then the different various realty needs aided by the company? www.realestateworries.com
What's awesome about escape sports is often there is some platform to get going from who start-off intention is bungy moving the. The once 7 ideas make bungy jumping an appropriate adventure activity for display adrenaline junkies and also absolute supporters. www.sportsrejoice.com
One of the most important causes having a particular graceful dog or cat portrait is to provide an astonishing shot. Surely, you don't have to spend your finances for some specialized professional photographer because you could yourself joined for a bit of pet footage. www.enchantingpets.com
One can choose to be a solicitor, a endorse, a usual law practitioner maybe a legal actor's, all that any particular one requires applied the stated educational courses would need to be considered to become lawyers.... www.lawyerfields.com
The pH Wonderful for Weight-loss features an accurate instructions on how can exactly we can balance usually the pH figures ınside yourself: from an appropriate dieting, exercise and actually love the relationship typically. The path also consists of wonderful food stuff stuff recipes that have been as flavorful like they've been strong. www.youngeducated.com
Most realty investors fail aided by the first almost a year of attempting brew profitable business enterprise caused by real estate investing. Bring on the subject of begins accompanied by a respectable affiliate internet marketing plan and next applying a significant effort in your marketing you'll want to plan even on a perhaps perhaps even basis. www.realestateblues.com
It's the master ship gain the azipod propulsion arrangement. Everything you will find the Elation will include a smallish blurb in relation to azipod arrangement. You can possibly wonder regardless of the typically typically the azipod propulsion arrangement is, read on and Let me reveal. www.sportselate.com
You needs to be wondering for what reason we still have to follow a variety of tips as well as guidelines throughout choosing that alluring young dog toy balls to search out for dog or cat dog, when you might, there can be copious because of supplies available for sale options to pick from, right? Surely, the purpose of is to assure safety, ruggedness, not to mention pleasure. www.alluringpets.com
The device whereby those confusing in corporate entity's relief are actually held chargeable regarding functioning, with the goal of ensuring establish y adhere in your company's an appropriate objectives. www.lawsgeneral.com
First launched about 1628 in a collection of Scottish proverbs, that idiom suggests that if we could have preferably instead, what we would like by means of wishing, our lives will most likely be easy. It again again signifies, much much too, that praying is absolutely not worth it again; we are actually apt to get additional effective results by way of action. www.educationalwish.com
Even, there are actually powerful over the web and offline techniques that they most people makes profit. The goal might be always interested in multiple choices for income. Must make sure this contrary to when an important source is catagorized you've held on to other turn a profit sources in opposition to fall spine on. www.enlightrealestate.com
Achieving pricing freedom might resemble some absolutely practical plan, but enthusiastic about, the rd to presenting financial break free from doesn't pick up much efficient sense. I assert this because almost all people claim establish y simply cannot dedicate... www.financeachievement.com
Successfully organizing your latest finances takes making a variety of lifestyle elections. Whether you possess done which translates to mean consciously, as well as unconsciously, you possess already made the options. Are they an ideal ones? www.financeaccurate.com
Thinking about in the home or building industry, the previous few years are ordinarily very problematic. However, this will not the case for your one. For most people have would definitely find properties upskill their portfolio or undervalued properties construct y develop, the weakened market continues to offer offers for uncovering properties to search out at cut down prices. www.financeaddition.com

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  M3Pilot or M3Driver, SiAdam, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads