Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#5275945 - 12/30/10 08:37 PM Home Theatre / Pro Sound guys would like this
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Tuba HT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3ITs36dhxM

Im going to be making some of his boxes for some Pro Audio use.

http://www.billfitzmaurice.com/

#5276088 - 12/30/10 10:16 PM Re: Home Theatre / Pro Sound guys would like this [Re: loudsubz]
robbbby Offline
master electrician
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canada
damnit, i don't have any speakers hooked up to my computer to really see what's going on.
#5276247 - 12/31/10 12:33 AM Re: Home Theatre / Pro Sound guys would like this [Re: robbbby]
fatso Offline
Post Master

Loc: Ontario
that's bad ass!!! and the DIY kits are so much fun to build! built one of these with my dad earlier this year: http://www.danleysoundlabs.com/pdf/DTS%2010%20spec%20sheet.pdf
#5276265 - 12/31/10 12:49 AM Re: Home Theatre / Pro Sound guys would like this [Re: fatso]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
That is some serious bass!
#5276401 - 12/31/10 06:28 AM Re: Home Theatre / Pro Sound guys would like this [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Heres some more:

2 X 12" woofers, thats all
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlkL2B-OCGk&feature=related

2 X 15" woofers run off a head unit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAXnlmCADV4&feature=related

#5276416 - 12/31/10 07:36 AM Re: Home Theatre / Pro Sound guys would like this [Re: loudsubz]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
Lol. Hate to be his neighbour.

IMO. More bass =\= better sound.

#5276447 - 12/31/10 08:27 AM Re: Home Theatre / Pro Sound guys would like this [Re: porschetr]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
lol wttfff crazy! overkill much?

sounds like he's using that scanner from fuckin ghostbusters

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#5276528 - 12/31/10 09:17 AM Re: Home Theatre / Pro Sound guys would like this [Re: porschetr]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: porschetr
Lol. Hate to be his neighbour.

IMO. More bass =\= better sound.

Its not just about the bass, Folded Horns can go really low and sound really good doing it, so it makes them very musical.

#5276543 - 12/31/10 09:25 AM Re: Home Theatre / Pro Sound guys would like this [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
87ZCSi Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Portland and Toronto
I'm all for efficient use of resources but clipping your amp (likely what's happening with the van) and pushing your drivers to max excursion (likely what's going on with the 2 12" in the gym) and making your woman want to leave the house (the first vid) are things that would get you a from me.

The enclosure design reminds me of the bandpass enclosure which is extremely peaky, and although didn't sound horrible (I was 20 the last time I heard one),IMO if you want to listen to something nice and over and over again for years to come a nice sealed or tuned ported box is the way to go.

#5276695 - 12/31/10 11:11 AM Re: Home Theatre / Pro Sound guys would like this [Re: 87ZCSi]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: 87ZCSi
I'm all for efficient use of resources but clipping your amp (likely what's happening with the van) and pushing your drivers to max excursion (likely what's going on with the 2 12" in the gym) and making your woman want to leave the house (the first vid) are things that would get you a from me.

The enclosure design reminds me of the bandpass enclosure which is extremely peaky, and although didn't sound horrible (I was 20 the last time I heard one),IMO if you want to listen to something nice and over and over again for years to come a nice sealed or tuned ported box is the way to go.

I know you mean well but most of your statements are not even remotely true.

1. The head unit pushing the sub is not clipping at all. Horn subs are extremely efficient so 1 watt of power can really make allot of noise as you can see in the video. Under powering the subs will not hurt one bit as long as he doesn't push the head unit into clipping creating DC on the output (which is not what he is doing from the video, the distortion is caused from the mic on the camera).

2. The drivers in the second video are being pushed pretty hard but they can handle it. They are Eminence Kappalite drivers and can do 450 watt rms without a sweat. They are PA drivers so they are meant to be pushed hard, when was the last time you were at a club and heard them turn down the bass bins because they were too loud?

I would take a horn enclosure any day over sealed/ported. Horns are trickier to build but pay off in the end. Some of the best speakers were horns (aka Klipsch Horns)

#5276977 - 12/31/10 01:20 PM Re: Home Theatre / Pro Sound guys would like this [Re: loudsubz]
Garest Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
all i heard from my laptop speakers was

"wahhhhhh wahhhh wWAHHHHHHHHHHHH Wuhhhhhhhhh wuhhhhh"

#5277206 - 12/31/10 03:10 PM Re: Home Theatre / Pro Sound guys would like this [Re: Garest]
civiclvr Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: DFGland
^^Ditto. I'm sure it sounds much better in person.

I have only been wrong once in my life and that was when I thought I had made a mistake.

#5277676 - 12/31/10 10:06 PM Re: Home Theatre / Pro Sound guys would like this [Re: civiclvr]
civic13 Offline
Post Master

Loc: You Know
Damn, that's impressive. Future project for sure.
I've always loved bass bins and would be a great addition to my dj setup \:D

#5278348 - 01/01/11 05:47 PM Re: Home Theatre / Pro Sound guys would like this [Re: civic13]
turd_dynamics Offline
Jr Poster

Loc: Canada
Home theatre uber nerds remind me of Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory; socailly awkward and, wel, NERDY as hell!!! j/k
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads