Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#4345703 - 12/16/09 01:41 PM I'm tired of being fat..... v.fatasspostinghere
riceisnice Online   content
Post Master Sr

Loc: Houston
I just realized the other day how fat i've gotten over the past few years. While giving my kids a bath, I couldn't lean all the way over, cause my fucking belly was in the way.
I've tried in the past workout or eat right, but my main problem is motiviation.
I've got a full time job, wife, two kids. Yes I do have time to workout, and I do...but that only lasts a few weeks to a month, cause I find someway to get out of it.
I'm going on a cruise in July with alot of people and want to be able to take my shirt off and not be disappointed.

So... I plan on going at lunch to LA Fitness. MWF Cardio, bike, stairclimber, running, etc. Tuesday and Thursday plan on weightlifting on machines trying to do a full body workout.

For diet I'm planning on the following and would appreciate any input:

Breakfast: 3 eggs with wheat toast or
Oatmeal with raisins and some brown sugar

Snack: almonds or
protein bar or shake

Lunch: Chicken or tuna
fresh veggies

Snack: Tuna or
almonds or
cottage cheese with sugar free strawberry perserves

Dinner: lean meat: chicken, pork, lean beef
veggie
wheat roll, or bread

Sorry for the sob story at front and not looking for sympathy, but it's good to get it out.

Also, what keeps you all motivated. Any ideas, especially those married folk, on how you keep fit?

Thanks
mike

#4345727 - 12/16/09 01:45 PM Re: I'm tired of being fat..... v.fatasspostinghere [Re: riceisnice]
LuckyRVA Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Queens, NY
motivation can definitely be the hardest part about changing your diet. take a shirtless picture of yourself and tape it to the refrigerator.

#4345743 - 12/16/09 01:47 PM Re: I'm tired of being fat..... v.fatasspostinghere [Re: LuckyRVA]
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: LuckyRVA
motivation can definitely be the hardest part about changing your diet. take a shirtless picture of yourself and tape it to the refrigerator.

Ya...been trying find small steps I can take to help with the motivation. I am going to take a pic soon, every sunday and tape of the newest one in the bathroom. Hopefully looking at that will get me going.

#4345774 - 12/16/09 01:54 PM Re: I'm tired of being fat..... v.fatasspostinghere [Re: riceisnice]
Duc Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: MD
grab a dry erase marker and write on your bathroom mirror. write motivational things that you know will keep you motivated and going. writing negative shit will get you nowhere.

..you can NEVER out train a bad diet -- FitExcellence

#4345879 - 12/16/09 02:19 PM Re: I'm tired of being fat..... v.fatasspostinghere [Re: Duc]
shaftid Offline
Sr Member

Loc: Boston
Your cruise in the upcoming summer is great motivation. Just take it one day at a time - focus on strictly following your diet/workout each day.
#4346330 - 12/16/09 03:46 PM Re: I'm tired of being fat..... v.fatasspostinghere [Re: shaftid]
Silock Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Jayhawk Country
Lift weights full body 3 times per week, followed by 20 minutes of HIIT cardio after. You need more weights and different cardio structure than what you planned. Good luck.
#4346727 - 12/16/09 05:25 PM Re: I'm tired of being fat..... v.fatasspostinghere [Re: Silock]
nitto002 Offline
Post Master Jr

Loc: Teksus
When you feel the temptation to eat something you know you shouldn't, just remember in your head that nothing tastes as good as being thin feels

The only bad workout is the one you didn't do!

#4346941 - 12/16/09 06:35 PM Re: I'm tired of being fat..... v.fatasspostinghere [Re: nitto002]
Silock Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

BTW, your meal choices are good, but they won't necessarily make you lose weight. You need to remember portion control. You need more healthy fats like olive oil and raw, unroasted, unsalted nuts.
#4347081 - 12/16/09 07:14 PM Re: I'm tired of being fat..... v.fatasspostinghere [Re: Silock]
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: Drew Fairymore
Lift weights full body 3 times per week, followed by 20 minutes of HIIT cardio after. You need more weights and different cardio structure than what you planned. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice...I'll change up my plan.

BTW, your meal choices are good, but they won't necessarily make you lose weight. You need to remember portion control. You need more healthy fats like olive oil and raw, unroasted, unsalted nuts.

Yup, working on that now. It's definitely a change to see how much food is left over when you stop eating everyting they give you. Plus preparing meals at home will definitely help control my portions. Will definitely cut out eating out at work now.

I usually cook chicken and other meat with olive oil now, plus raw almonds are also my favorite \:\)

Edited by riceisnice (12/16/09 07:15 PM)

#4348078 - 12/17/09 01:04 AM Re: I'm tired of being fat..... v.fatasspostinghere [Re: riceisnice]
Silock Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/WorkoutMenu.html

Pick one of the full-body workouts that works best for your schedule. I'd try and work in the 6-8 rep range for the major compound movements, and the 10-12 rep range for the auxiliary exercises.

Good call on the raw almonds. Raw pistachios are good, too.

BTW, raw doesn't mean you have to eat them plain. I like to spread some out on a cookie sheet, coat them with a teaspoon of peanut oil, salt them, and roast them in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Tasty, good fats.

#4348310 - 12/17/09 06:39 AM Re: I'm tired of being fat..... v.fatasspostinghere [Re: Silock]
Post Master Sr

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/WorkoutMenu.html

Pick one of the full-body workouts that works best for your schedule. I'd try and work in the 6-8 rep range for the major compound movements, and the 10-12 rep range for the auxiliary exercises.

Good call on the raw almonds. Raw pistachios are good, too.

BTW, raw doesn't mean you have to eat them plain. I like to spread some out on a cookie sheet, coat them with a teaspoon of peanut oil, salt them, and roast them in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Tasty, good fats.

Awesome link...thanks.

#4348657 - 12/17/09 09:47 AM Re: I'm tired of being fat..... v.fatasspostinghere [Re: riceisnice]
wolfsburg2 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Lift more weights than you are planning to and switch machines for actual weights. Fuck machines. You shouldn't need to touch a single machine.

#4350470 - 12/17/09 04:50 PM Re: I'm tired of being fat..... v.fatasspostinghere [Re: wolfsburg2]
fART dUST Offline
gradgradgradgradgradgrad
Post Master Sr

Loc: NY
 Originally Posted By: wolfsburg2
Lift more weights than you are planning to and switch machines for actual weights. Fuck machines. You shouldn't need to touch a single machine.
TRUTH.

I can max out all the fucking machines and the weight they claim is ridiculous. Yeah, I bet I can rep 300 pounds like 10 times

#4350886 - 12/17/09 07:38 PM Re: I'm tired of being fat..... v.fatasspostinghere [Re: wolfsburg2]
Post Master Sr

Thanks... will do. Free weights and the link above should hopefully start to kick my ass into gear.

Thanks again everyone for the assist.

#4350993 - 12/17/09 08:22 PM Re: I'm tired of being fat..... v.fatasspostinghere [Re: fART dUST]
Silock Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: StateOfTheArt
TRUTH.

I can max out all the fucking machines and the weight they claim is ridiculous. Yeah, I bet I can rep 300 pounds like 10 times

It's not that the weight is inaccurate... it's the pulleys. Fuck, give me enough pulleys and I could bench press the Empire State Building.

#4350995 - 12/17/09 08:22 PM Re: I'm tired of being fat..... v.fatasspostinghere [Re: fART dUST]
Post Master Sr

TRUTH.

That's because you're a fucking animal.

#4351027 - 12/17/09 08:35 PM Re: I'm tired of being fat..... v.fatasspostinghere [Re: riceisnice]
toothy Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
 Originally Posted By: riceisnice
TRUTH.

Don't encourage him.

#4359562 - 12/21/09 07:50 AM Re: I'm tired of being fat..... v.fatasspostinghere [Re: toothy]
Post Master Sr

Well...looked up some good techniques and options for HIIT at the gym.

I guess I had done it wrong in the past, cause HOLY SHIT my ass was worn out after about 12 minutes of bike, then jump rope.

Thanks again everyone for the links and tips. Started last Friday on the new diet and excercise, so it begins.

#4359943 - 12/21/09 10:11 AM Re: I'm tired of being fat..... v.fatasspostinghere [Re: riceisnice]
LuckyRVA Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Queens, NY
good to hear, keep it up!

#4360000 - 12/21/09 10:29 AM Re: I'm tired of being fat..... v.fatasspostinghere [Re: LuckyRVA]
Silock Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Excellent! You're doing it right if you're gassed that early!
#4360728 - 12/21/09 01:32 PM Re: I'm tired of being fat..... v.fatasspostinghere [Re: toothy]
fART dUST Offline
gradgradgradgradgradgrad
Post Master Sr

Loc: NY
 Originally Posted By: toothy
 Originally Posted By: riceisnice
TRUTH.

Don't encourage him.
jealousy is a sick disease get well soon hater

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Silock, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads