Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#529613 - 10/06/06 01:15 AM keepin thieves out!
badluckcivic Offline

Loc: WA, United States
so one good way that thieves like to steal your car is through the hood... they reach under the driver fender, rip out the inner fender plastic(if it's even still there) then reach right up to your hood popper cable, rip it out and break it or just cut it, then they can open your hood leaving them to

A) fuck with or steal anything under the hood
B) cut the wire for the alarm horn(cause most instalers put them there) to a thief silence is golden
C) get into the rest of the car & then thier imagination runs wild, no good!

solution... re-run the hood popper cable on the inside of the fender, but be creative so they cant get to it through your nice new ctr grill that they will gladly ruin

Visit Sponsors! Help CSi !
#529614 - 10/06/06 04:10 AM Re: keepin thieves out!
sidewayzinca Offline
Jr Member

Loc: san diego, CA.
dude stop posting. everyone knows, everyone who cares at least.

#529615 - 10/06/06 09:24 AM Re: keepin thieves out!
omgmaxownzme Offline
Jr Poster

Loc: Banned Land!
When I crashed my car I had to leave it on the side of the highway. I was on my way to work and I had participants to run. So a coworker defects and comes to get me on his way and we leave. I come back 3 hours later to call a tow truck and someone has clearly been trying to get under my hood. The foglight bezels were pulled out and the hood latch cable had a little kink in it where someone was pulling... Phew.

#529616 - 10/06/06 02:00 PM Re: keepin thieves out!
badluckcivic Offline

Loc: WA, United States
not everyone knows, just tryin to help, i dont c any harm in that?

#529617 - 11/21/06 06:21 AM Re: keepin thieves out!
Civic168 Offline
Jr Poster

haahh.. so much trouble to stop them gettin into you bonnet.

they are more likily to smash ya window and pop ya bonnet .. extra 20 secs

best bet.. lexan reinforced glass with no bonnet leaver!

Edited by Civic168 (11/21/06 06:22 AM)

#529618 - 11/21/06 06:22 PM Re: keepin thieves out!
ohMyCSIownedMe Offline

Loc: Banned Land!
Since when does a *BAM take 20 seconds?
#529619 - 11/23/06 02:20 AM Re: keepin thieves out!
kar_krazed Offline

Loc: Eugene, OR
You forgot the part where they just arc the battery to the starter and start you car....=p
#872256 - 01/04/07 09:39 AM Re: keepin thieves out! [Re: kar_krazed]
Napoleon3 Offline

Loc: Utah, U.S.A.
IF they want to steal your car they will end up getting it.

#1044537 - 02/13/07 03:38 PM Re: keepin thieves out! [Re: Napoleon3]
Steve8910 Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Murrieta, CA
someone tried to steal my car but after they broke my grill my alarm silently went off on my remote and then when I woke up at 4:00 I went to run outside and right when I got to the door the alarm for the car went off ( this was at apartment complex had to park id say about 50 feet or so from the door because they tried to pop open the door by the time I got there all I found was a tire iron next to my driverside door
b16a w/ CP 9:1 Pistons & Eagle Rods [] RLD FAB Custom Ramhorn & 3" Downpipe[] Blockguard [] JDM LSD [] T3/T4 .60/.63 Trim Garrett [] Spearco Intercooler [] Hondata S300 [] RC 550cc [] HKS SSQV BOV [] Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump [] Greddy Profec B Spec II [] Greddy Auto Timer [] Custom 2.5" Intercooler Piping [] 3" Custom Exhaust [] Skunk2 Pro Camber Kit and Springs [] Skunk2 Duel bend short shifter [] 12" Slim Fan []

#1403770 - 05/11/07 01:52 AM Re: keepin thieves out! [Re: Steve8910]
Hiren Offline
Poster

Loc: Ithaca, NY - Cornell Univ.
are you ex-con?

"You know you're doing something right, when you have a lotta haters in your life"

#1594992 - 06/29/07 09:10 PM Re: keepin thieves out! [Re: Hiren]
2skys1imit3 Offline

lol...*werd* but the best ex-criminals always have the best tips
#2402084 - 03/05/08 01:24 PM Re: keepin thieves out! [Re: 2skys1imit3]
wjc05sti Offline
Poster

Loc: San Diego, CA
The best solution that I have come with is below. With these protection methods, the only way that they can take your car is to bring a flat bed \:\)

1. Place the alarm horn under a metal bracket located by the brake booster. There is no fucken way they will get even close to cutting or disabling it that way.
2. Get a good alarm that has a remote beeper. In this way, even if they do cut the horn, u will still know that the alarm is going off. Make sure to get one that has a pretty good range. (i have a 1 mile range one \:\) )
3. The starter kill can be easily bypassed by just push starting the car, so don't rely on them for protection. Instead, wire a relay kill switch with the alarm. This kill switch will kill the power to the fuel pump when the alarm is activated.

I have this setup on my wife's SI, it has saved the car 2-3 times. I had to pay for some repairs for the second attemp, but we still have the car \:\)

#3002653 - 09/10/08 01:23 PM Re: keepin thieves out! [Re: wjc05sti]
Pillow Pants Offline
Post Master

Loc: Helion Prime
Thats a damn good post above. I did a few extra changes with my F-Body as I did not even want towing to be easy lol.

1) When activated the alarm activtes the Line Lock.
2) Also as well as a fuel pump kill I also have a switch that must be pressed to reset it, use something no one will guess like a stock fog light switch or hazard switch. I used something sim.

I still hate replacing windows and mainly tint lol.

#3012148 - 09/12/08 10:41 PM Re: keepin thieves out! [Re: Pillow Pants]
08civicsi Offline

Loc: virginia
some guys tried to steal the lipkit off my ep3 once haha it was funny they came through the neighborhood with there music blasting. parked right in front of my car. one of the guys stood across the street under a streetlight (smart move) why the other one was trying to pry it off with a phillips head screwdriver. and the whole time they were yelling at each other back and forth across the street.

i just watched them through the window for like 15 mins then i finally just hit my panic button and set my alarm off. so they got in the truck and drove off haha....
interesting night that was.

#3015543 - 09/14/08 02:15 PM Re: keepin thieves out! [Re: 08civicsi]
04silvrSI Offline

Loc: NY
 Originally Posted By: 08civicsi
some guys tried to steal the lipkit off my ep3 once haha it was funny they came through the neighborhood with there music blasting. parked right in front of my car. one of the guys stood across the street under a streetlight (smart move) why the other one was trying to pry it off with a phillips head screwdriver. and the whole time they were yelling at each other back and forth across the street.

i just watched them through the window for like 15 mins then i finally just hit my panic button and set my alarm off. so they got in the truck and drove off haha....

Sorry this is the biggest BS story I have seen on any forum for a long time. There is no way you are going to watch someone take a screwdriver to your care for 15 minutes before you do anything. Bullshit

#3016715 - 09/14/08 11:03 PM Re: keepin thieves out! [Re: 04silvrSI]
08civicsi Offline

Loc: virginia
no shit i watched them as they looked at it once he went to it with the screwdriver i hit the button.
seriously thought its not i swear. they dident do any damage to it thought because he tried to pry it off from the backside.

and i was just so amused how big of idiots they were to start off with.

#3018448 - 09/15/08 03:19 PM Re: keepin thieves out! [Re: 08civicsi]
04silvrSI Offline

Loc: NY
 Originally Posted By: 08civicsi

See why I thought that??

#3037382 - 09/21/08 07:51 AM Re: keepin thieves out! [Re: Napoleon3]
wrx-killer Offline

Loc: orange county, ca
 Originally Posted By: Napoleon3
IF they want to steal your car they will end up getting it.

Not true.

#3037385 - 09/21/08 07:54 AM Re: keepin thieves out! [Re: wjc05sti]
wrx-killer Offline

Loc: orange county, ca
 Originally Posted By: wjc05sti
The best solution that I have come with is below. With these protection methods, the only way that they can take your car is to bring a flat bed \:\)

1. Place the alarm horn under a metal bracket located by the brake booster. There is no fucken way they will get even close to cutting or disabling it that way.
2. Get a good alarm that has a remote beeper. In this way, even if they do cut the horn, u will still know that the alarm is going off. Make sure to get one that has a pretty good range. (i have a 1 mile range one \:\) )
3. The starter kill can be easily bypassed by just push starting the car, so don't rely on them for protection. Instead, wire a relay kill switch with the alarm. This kill switch will kill the power to the fuel pump when the alarm is activated.

I have this setup on my wife's SI, it has saved the car 2-3 times. I had to pay for some repairs for the second attemp, but we still have the car \:\)

Also everybody needs a dei 520t back up battery. This keeps the alarm going and kill switch working when a theif pops your to kill the battery so he can get into the car and find the alarm system. Which the alarm should be installed in a full stealth install or basic stealth.

#3043380 - 09/23/08 04:17 AM Re: keepin thieves out! [Re: wrx-killer]
donners Offline

thanks for the tip m8
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Dr. BrokenLimits, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads