Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#78834 - 03/01/05 01:46 PM Lug nuts for C8's
mbhonda Offline

Loc: Ohio
I'm looking for a set of lug nuts for my new Rota Circuit 8's. I realize that you cannot use the stock lugs because the contact point on the wheel would be to small as the circuit 8's have a tapered hole for the lugs rather than flat.

I found these on ebay for about $45. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...sspagename=WDVW

The back of the package says these are for 60 degree taper seat wheels. Will these be good for rota circuit 8's.

Sorry for such a newbie question but there are so many diff. kinds of lugs. I want to make sure they have a good contact point with the wheel.

Edited by mbhonda (03/01/05 01:59 PM)

Videos
#78835 - 03/01/05 02:01 PM Re: Lug nuts for C8's
EM1Guru Offline
Sr Member

Loc: Ca.
Ive found that most aftermarket lug nuts are all tapered down the same way (skunk, rays, muteki, etc.).

it just a matter of which ones you like best.

#78836 - 03/01/05 02:29 PM Re: Lug nuts for C8's
FCobra94 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: MD
I have Rota C8's and I use them with black Gorilla tuner lugs.

I love my lugs In the year or so that I have had them, they haven't chipped or rusted at all and they look great. My friend has them as well and he likes them just as much as I do.

I got them from Summit Racing for about $35 shipped.

http://store.summitracing.com/default.as...t=egnsearch.asp

I hear the Muteki's are ok, but the Gorillas should be just as good if not better. Not only that, but they are cheaper as well

#78837 - 03/01/05 08:03 PM Re: Lug nuts for C8's
mbhonda Offline

Thanks for the replies. Those Gorilla lugs look very nice. !5 bucks cheaper to! Anyone have any other recomendations? Maybe the Muteki's are better quality?? Any help would be dope.

#78838 - 03/02/05 04:04 AM Re: Lug nuts for C8's
HCivic02 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: CA
My C8s came with lug nuts.

#78839 - 03/03/05 12:46 PM Re: Lug nuts for C8's
Billy Bibbit Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Indiana
get the gorillas. i had them on my C8s two years ago.. might as well be cost effective. personally i dont think youll notice a difference!!

http://JJacobsphotography.net/

#78840 - 03/04/05 01:59 AM Re: Lug nuts for C8's
Neo Noodle Offline
Sr Member

Loc: Honolulu, HI
I hated my gorilla lug nuts...
When they needed to be replaced I spent the extra $$ for a set of McGard Splinedrives w/ locks.. IMO they are definatly woth the extra $$

Also found @ Summit Racing
"You are what you eat."

#78841 - 03/04/05 11:14 AM Re: Lug nuts for C8's
peteriap Offline
Jr Poster

Loc: Orlando, FL
All of the aftermarket tuner lugs should work. The kyokugen lugs are 7 sided and provide an anti-theft feature since you cannot use a normal lug wrench to remove them (six sided). The muteki lugs also require a special key for removal. Both of them are very light weight and come in silver and black (amongst others).

#78842 - 03/04/05 12:29 PM Re: Lug nuts for C8's
FCobra94 Offline
Post Master Supreme

What exactly did you hate about them?

I'm just wondering in case there's something I should be aware about in the future...

#78843 - 03/04/05 01:30 PM Re: Lug nuts for C8's
mbhonda Offline

O man. I was just about to buy the Gorillas in the link posted earlier from Summit.

The price is awesome, they look like they would fit very nicely, and they do provide the same kind of protection as the others (you have to have the special key to take them off) and they have them in black!!!

So are these junk or what? What did'nt you like about them? Im planning on ordering them soon so let me know.

#78844 - 03/04/05 08:41 PM Re: Lug nuts for C8's
Neo Noodle Offline
Sr Member

first of all it wasn't the ones you posted, it was an older set so I'm sure they fixed the preoblem..but i won't buy anything from any company that i've already had a bad experience with...

anyways, the "key" would always get stuck on the lugs, and not just a little.. I was always worried about my lugs comming loose because i couldn't tighten them down too hard or the key would get wedged sooo bad that I couldn't take it out w/o jerking it in the loosen direction which would loosen the nut before the key broke free..
One day some of the lugs did loosen up while i was driving.. I ended up pulling over because i could feel the vibrations from the loose wheel shaking on the hub.. I tightend the lugs back up and went on my way.. couple months later I got a flat on that same wheel.. I couldn't take 2 of the lugs off because they were stripped.. eventually I managed to get one off stripping the nut and stud beyond recognition..while the other nut came off with most of the stud still inside...
"You are what you eat."

#78845 - 03/05/05 06:00 PM Re: Lug nuts for C8's
FCobra94 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Ahh. I see.

Yeah, there is no "play" between my lug nuts and the Gorilla key, so I'm assuming they fixed the problem by making the grooves on the lug nuts deeper, or something.

Can you take a pic of what the inside area of your lug nut key looks like? I'll take a pic of mine and post it to see how much surface area the grabs on to when being placed on the lug itself...

#78846 - 03/06/05 07:15 PM Re: Lug nuts for C8's
Neo Noodle Offline
Sr Member

If you're talking about my old gorilla's I threw out all those lugs and the key after that..

as for the mcgards the keys fit perfect and has a good amount to grab onto.. but my favorite part (other than having an actual key not a generic "key") about the splinedrives is that silver seat at the bottom.. it spins freely from the nut..so when you tighten down your lugs the base of the lugs don't scratch the rim
"You are what you eat."

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Huggy, Runnin@Redline Jr, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads