Page 5 of 16 « First<34567>Last »
Topic Options
#8977277 - 03/19/17 11:48 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: zaius]
TYJelly Offline
Post Master

Loc: Milton, ON
It didn't really come up lol. I have a couple of young boys, we stayed overnight at Splash Lagoon in Erie PA. He just asked us how it was and waved us through. It's all perfectly legal to bring back and I was within my limit dollar wise anyway.
#8977554 - 03/19/17 07:57 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: TYJelly]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Good luck to all. I've given up on this until someone finds a solution that works. Seems like a black hole for money at this point for me lol
#8977578 - 03/19/17 08:21 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: Risky Business]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
Baby pooo as fertilizer?
#8977615 - 03/19/17 08:59 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: Risky Business]
TYJelly Offline
Post Master

This is where I got to last year just by using proper weed control. I did a pretty decent reseeding as there was a huge bare patch back there. Also watered and mowed at proper heights. This year, the Milorganite should really thicken it up and deepen the green.

Edited by TYJelly (03/19/17 09:01 PM)

#8977856 - 03/20/17 07:59 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: TYJelly]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
ugh back to it again. but given the weather won't be touching much until very early April prob.

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8977882 - 03/20/17 08:51 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: TYJelly]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
 Originally Posted By: TYJelly
It's all perfectly legal to bring back

Really? Is it not available in the GTA or is it that much cheaper? What is considered illegal then?

#8977895 - 03/20/17 09:06 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
fatso Offline
Post Master

Loc: Ontario
 Originally Posted By: eddie_82
Baby pooo as fertilizer?

An inspiring idea... so I googled LOL

https://community.babycenter.com/post/a34959994/can_baby_poop_be_used_as_fertilizer

Happy Monday peeps!

#8977920 - 03/20/17 09:26 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: fatso]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
I have animals digging into my lawn for bugs and shit in the backyard. Going to give up grass and turn that area into a flower garden.
#8978009 - 03/20/17 10:31 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
TYJelly Offline
Post Master

Originally Posted By: SuPeR-MaRiO
It's all perfectly legal to bring back

Really? Is it not available in the GTA or is it that much cheaper? What is considered illegal then?

It's illegal to sell the weed control products with 2-4d in it in Ontario. The CBSA enforces federal laws not provincial. It's not illegal to bring personal amounts over the border. The Milorganite is an organic fertiliser not available up here. It's really good for your soil and contains iron which gives your grass that deep blueish green colour.

#9004866 - 04/16/17 06:16 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: TYJelly]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto
just used my dethatcher yesterday. for $100, it works pretty well.

after top dressing, overseeding and fertilizing. i hope this works.

my backyard is another totally different problem. i don't know where to start

Edited by zaius (04/16/17 06:19 PM)

#9004929 - 04/16/17 08:44 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: zaius]
civic13 Offline
Post Master

Loc: You Know
Is that the 14" Sun Joe?

#9004941 - 04/16/17 09:08 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: civic13]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

yup. that's the 14" sun joe.

#9004971 - 04/16/17 09:55 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: zaius]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

Originally Posted By: zaius
just used my dethatcher yesterday. for $100, it works pretty well.

after top dressing, overseeding and fertilizing. i hope this works.

my backyard is another totally different problem. i don't know where to start

Add more top soil....the birds are going to eat all your seed.

Did you remember to fertilize a week before?

#9005757 - 04/17/17 08:39 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: Wildout]
TYJelly Offline
Post Master

That backyard needs a complete overhaul. Something like that would be best accomplished in the early fall when temperatures start to cool down. If you can get your hands on some Round Up I'd nuke the whole thing using a hand sprayer. Then drop some starter fertilizer, top soil, seed and peat moss over top. Water it diligently and mow high (3"+ when it comes in).

I started watching The Lawn Care Nut last year and followed a lot of his tips. It completely transformed my lawn. He used to be based in Indiana and has a lot of very good cool-season grass videos on there.

Lawn Care Nut

The only thing you truly need from the US is a proper weed killer with 2, 4-D (Ortho Weed B Gone is what I use). I also pickup Milorganite, Round Up for serious problems and a couple of other goodies that aren't absolute necessities. The keys are proper weed control, fertilization timing and amounts, WATER and proper mowing height. The last two being the most crucial.

#9005762 - 04/17/17 08:46 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: TYJelly]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

I have an ugly ass Blue Spruce in my front yard which is hell for the lawn. Would love to cut the damn thing down and give the lawn a fighting chance.
#9005798 - 04/17/17 09:58 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: Big Tasty]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

just did 10 bags of triple mix today on the front lawn with sun-grass seed laid/mixed in and some water. meh good enough for it. usually i do fert in autumn only now, then a winter one.

touched up the backyard only.

#9006275 - 04/18/17 12:34 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: Wildout]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
 Originally Posted By: Wildout

Did you remember to fertilize a week before?

Suggestions for a pre-seeding fertilizer?

#9006634 - 04/18/17 04:51 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: TYJelly]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

That backyard needs a complete overhaul. Something like that would be best accomplished in the early fall when temperatures start to cool down. If you can get your hands on some Round Up I'd nuke the whole thing using a hand sprayer. Then drop some starter fertilizer, top soil, seed and peat moss over top. Water it diligently and mow high (3"+ when it comes in).

I started watching The Lawn Care Nut last year and followed a lot of his tips. It completely transformed my lawn. He used to be based in Indiana and has a lot of very good cool-season grass videos on there.

Lawn Care Nut

The only thing you truly need from the US is a proper weed killer with 2, 4-D (Ortho Weed B Gone is what I use). I also pickup Milorganite, Round Up for serious problems and a couple of other goodies that aren't absolute necessities. The keys are proper weed control, fertilization timing and amounts, WATER and proper mowing height. The last two being the most crucial.

Yup, I started watching him. I need to get some 2,4-D somehow. Unfortunately I won't be driving down to the states anytime soon. My whole backyard is getting destroyed.

#9006641 - 04/18/17 05:00 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: zaius]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
wasn't planning too, but paid some local dude $50 to throw down a bunch of top soil and grass seed.

#9006670 - 04/18/17 05:18 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: titty sprinkles]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
$50 that's it? Good deal. Pre-emergent herbicides are pretty important as well, fucking weeds!

#9006694 - 04/18/17 05:43 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: LNXGUY]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
ya that's the only reason i did it oh and he sprayed the usa stuff on the lawn too.

#9017012 - 04/30/17 10:37 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: titty sprinkles]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

alright lawn lovers. prepare to be amused. i'm going to experiment and try reviving my backyard lawn the cheapest way possible. worst case, I sod in the fall.

i'll try to keep you guys updated.

a week ago, i got some weed killer and sprayed my lawn.

weed condition as of yesterday.

the weeds are pretty much dying.

i then hand plucked all the weeds

after I tried tilling the dead lawn with my dethatcher at the lowest setting. worked pretty well. threw down a cubic yard of triple mix (probably not enough), starter fertilizer and almost a bag of costco grass seeds. called it a day after around 10 hours of labour.

we'll see if this works. i plan on watering it daily for the next couple of weeks. we'll see if the weeds outgrown the grass seed lol

yes yes, my backyard needs massive landscaping (shrub removal and such). the previous owner was in love with planting shrubs and not fences. i'm not looking for a killer lawn... i just want a decent looking one.

Edited by zaius (04/30/17 10:38 AM)

#9017079 - 04/30/17 12:22 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: zaius]
xza8 Offline
Sr Member

Grass experts:

Can I lay black plastic ontop of existing lawn, then level with 1" of topsoil, then lay new sod?

I don't want to remove existing lawn because it's a temporary house.

I do want a decent lawn for my son to play in.

#9017138 - 04/30/17 02:49 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: xza8]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
That sod will die in no time if it can't establish new roots. 1in of top soil isn't enough, grass goes down 3-4inches.

#9017285 - 04/30/17 08:53 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: LNXGUY]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
oh hot damn zaius good luck and keep us posted.
i personally would have just re-sodded the whole backyard.

#9017292 - 04/30/17 09:04 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: zaius]
CIVIC dude Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

That's quite the "before" picture!!!

Little doubtful seed alone will get that lawn thick and full as it should be.

Keep us posted.

#9017359 - 04/30/17 11:34 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: zaius]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

a week ago, i got some weed killer and sprayed my lawn

I'm sorry to say the grass won't grow. Most weed killer has pre-emergent in it, so the grass seeds won't sprout. Gotta wait roughly 4 weeks after spraying the weed killer for new lawns.

Sorry man, I know the amount of hardwork it takes. Usually most try & grow the grass first & then kill the weeds.

#9017365 - 04/30/17 11:38 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: xza8]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

Originally Posted By: xza8
Grass experts:

Can I lay black plastic ontop of existing lawn, then level with 1" of topsoil, then lay new sod?

If your laying new sod, just rent a tiller from Home Depot to tear everything up. The way you mentioned would work for about a month & then you'd have two sets of dead lawns to deal with once the summer comes.

#9017411 - 05/01/17 04:36 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: Wildout]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

thanks for the support guys.

ah bugger. my grass seeds won't grow? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

ok... i just read the bottle. "Grass seed can be safely sown 1-2 weeks after application at recommended rate. "

errrr... i'm cutting it close. i'll keep you guys update. C'MON SEEDS GROWWWWWWW FOR THE ZAIUS

#9017473 - 05/01/17 08:31 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: zaius]
spd-dmn Offline
Post Master

lol, zaius, im prayin for you man. i just went full retard and started cutting up my front... we will see where this goes.

rented a sod cutter with the neighbour, cut everything, rolled/tore up one side now i have to do the other. even with the cutter, the sod does not want to roll up nicely, it's still a fight for every square foot. fuck my life.

its hilarious, my place just went from normal looking to total whitetrash within 2 hrs. (no grass + dumpster + new coax cable hanging from a tree going to the house lolol)

i should put one of the cars up on blocks to complete the look.

#9017498 - 05/01/17 08:47 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: spd-dmn]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

my lawn is poppppiiinnn' since this rain!

just need to pick out some dandelion fuckers and we goooood.

#9017552 - 05/01/17 09:37 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

Thanks speed demon. Godspeed to your lawn too. I really don't want to re-seed in another two weeks.

How did you get rid of the old sod?

#9017616 - 05/01/17 10:38 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: zaius]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
Wow, your yard is a cluster fuck compared to mine. , but mine is really bad too, and I really doubt it'll improve this year since the previous owner really neglected the lawn since it's literally filled with dandelions.

Good Job and keep us posted.

#9017617 - 05/01/17 10:39 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: zaius]
spd-dmn Offline
Post Master

Still in the process but so far I cut it with rented sod cutter, then try to roll up into pieces and move to a rented bin.
Only did the narrow side, now have to do the bigger part.

Some of the pieces do not roll up well, even after being sliced, so they have to be dug up and/or loosened with a spade.

Bin probably won't be big enough.. will have to probably think of alternative methods.

All the rain isn't helping either.. the sod that already weighs a ton now weighs a metric fuckton more after being soaked.

\:\|

#9017645 - 05/01/17 11:06 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: Wildout]
xza8 Offline
Sr Member

Originally Posted By: Wildout
 Originally Posted By: xza8
Grass experts:

If your laying new sod, just rent a tiller from Home Depot to tear everything up. The way you mentioned would work for about a month & then you'd have two sets of dead lawns to deal with once the summer comes.

Fuck it, I'm just going to pay $100 for 25 yards of wood chips on top of the black drop sheet and call it a day for my kid to play on.

Edited by xza8 (05/01/17 11:07 AM)

Page 5 of 16 « First<34567>Last »

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads