Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#9299013 - 04/11/18 03:48 AM Problems upgrading brakes on old road frame
aaronpawlak Offline

HI,

I have a King of Mercia touring bike from about 1987 with drop bars and cantilevers. The brakes have never been very satisfactory because of the low-profile cantis which were all that I could get at the time. Also the frame was advertised as suitable for 27" or 700c wheels, but since changing some time ago to 700c the brake pads have to be at the very bottom of the slot and even then barely fit.Anyway, I got the idea from elsewhere on the forum that I could fit v-brakes with special levers (I'm happy enough with downtube friction shifters). I duly bought a set of Avid Single Digit 5s and some Tektro RL520 levers. However there is not enough room to fit the brake pads as the brake mounting bosses on the front fork are only 62.5mm apart. The rimes are Super Champions which need replacing, so I can get something a little narrower, but even with that and swapping the spacers on the brake blocks around I am still not sure they are going to fit.All thoughts and suggestions gratefully received.

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://forum.cyclinguk.org/viewtopic.php?t=52762
Product demo video company

Thanks!

Videos
#9307218 - 04/22/18 08:27 AM Re: Problems upgrading brakes on old road frame [Re: aaronpawlak]
johnathanbush Offline

With the fast food industry college paper review constantly under the gun for peddling unhealthy foods, Smashburger makes it abundantly clear that the $1 coupons can also be redeemed for more healthy menu options.
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Huggy, Runnin@Redline Jr, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads