Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#8851702 - 11/14/16 11:42 AM Your thoughts? - Toronto child poverty
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2016/11...ty-capital.html
#8851708 - 11/14/16 11:48 AM Re: Your thoughts? - Toronto child poverty [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

Nothing in the report is shocking & no it's not as simple as don't have kids if you can't afford them.

*in before you say you waited to have kids

#8851717 - 11/14/16 11:52 AM Re: Your thoughts? - Toronto child poverty [Re: Wildout]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

I was going to say I have no issues volunteering for food drives, supporting programs for funding via donations to United Way, raising funds for school lunch programs etc, (and getting my kids involved), so they know there are people way less fortunate than them. Both my wife's and my employer are active participants in the "give back" mentality, volunteering at food drives, habitat for humanity builds etc.

But, I draw the line at paying more taxes etc to fund other people's kids extra curricular activities. The reason I lived on less than 5 hours of sleep a night when I was studying was to get ahead so my family could have extra curricular activities, not pay for other people who chose to have kids they can't afford, and expect the gov't (other people) to pay for them.

Also, have kids when you can afford them, they are just like any other financial obligation. Whats next, they need a house in leaside too?

#8851724 - 11/14/16 11:58 AM Re: Your thoughts? - Toronto child poverty [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

Life happens dude, plans change & the world changes. Nothing is set in stone. In the very article it says she has health issues.

YMCA has been around for ages along with other extra curricular activities. I know you weren't raised here, but these programs have been around for ages.

In my end its the affluent (Brooklin) that take advantages of the free programs, not even the poor.

#8851732 - 11/14/16 12:06 PM Re: Your thoughts? - Toronto child poverty [Re: Wildout]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Sounds more like lack of planning, its all immigrants in that community, who don't integrate well. You know exactly what I mean when I say that.

When did extra curricular activities become a necessity for kids? These points stood out

Quote:
“Rather, now is the time to move forward with fair and equitable taxation measures to fund the investments in affordable housing, transit, child care and recreation that will ensure that every child has the chance to succeed,” it concludes.

Really? More taxes to pay for people who chose to have kids they couldnt' afford?

Quote:
More than 40 per cent of kids in 14 Toronto neighbourhoods — mostly in the inner city or inner suburbs — were living in families below the Low-Income Measure, after taxes, or about $35,600 for a family of two adults and two children under 16 in 2014.

Children whose families are newcomers, racial minorities, living with disabilities or led by single parents are twice as likely to be in low-income households, the report says.

So new comers end up in Canada, and expect Canadians to support them? If two adults are making less than 35k / year why in gods name are they having kids, and then complaining about not being able to afford extra curricular activities.

#8851754 - 11/14/16 12:13 PM Re: Your thoughts? - Toronto child poverty [Re: Wildout]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
There are many programs through Toronto Fun Guide that are free for local residence.
#8851760 - 11/14/16 12:16 PM Re: Your thoughts? - Toronto child poverty [Re: Big Tasty]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8851762 - 11/14/16 12:19 PM Re: Your thoughts? - Toronto child poverty [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

Originally Posted By: Chocolate Canuck
Sounds more like lack of planning, its all immigrants in that community, who don't integrate well. You know exactly what I mean when I say that.

When did extra curricular activities become a necessity for kids?

That's like me saying when did immigrants born in other countries think they have a say in how "MY" country is run?

There's this article and yes that community, but not all the poor are the ones that attend this programs. How can you only think in 1's & 0's. Do you not know anyone that's had life shit on them? Losing a parent, health issues, losing a job etc? Nevermind this expensive as shit cost of living.

#8851767 - 11/14/16 12:22 PM Re: Your thoughts? - Toronto child poverty [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

Would people like that not bet better off living anywhere but the GTA? Minimum wage would go a lot further in a place like St Catharines or Brantford. Housing is cheaper, extra curricular stuff is probably cheaper too. Overall standard of living more affordable. Possibly better schools/programs/smaller classes, etc.
#8851769 - 11/14/16 12:23 PM Re: Your thoughts? - Toronto child poverty [Re: Wildout]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Life can shit on you, its not how much shit falls, its how many times you can take a bath and move on. My wife has cousins who still live in rexdale, and cousins who got killed because they got caught up in that guns/gangs trouble. Same influences growing up in rexdale, and yet vastly different outcomes.
 Originally Posted By: The Postman
Would people like that not bet better off living anywhere but the GTA? Minimum wage would go a lot further in a place like St Catharines or Brantford. Housing is cheaper, extra curricular stuff is probably cheaper too. Overall standard of living more affordable. Possibly better schools/programs/smaller classes, etc.

Thats exactly what I was going to suggest, but they won't do it, they all want to live together in the community in Toronto, and get support from the gov't.

#8851772 - 11/14/16 12:23 PM Re: Your thoughts? - Toronto child poverty [Re: Wildout]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

I used to deliver newspapers to Thorncliffe apts, those apartments were nicer than where I grew up.

/bootstrapped it tho

#8851773 - 11/14/16 12:23 PM Re: Your thoughts? - Toronto child poverty [Re: The Postman]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
^You named everything but jobs...

That would be the main reason to reside near Toronto. INB4 they can commute. That adds expense and they are back to square one.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#8851774 - 11/14/16 12:24 PM Re: Your thoughts? - Toronto child poverty [Re: The Postman]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

Short answer is it depends. Speaking as a person that's lived in both North York and Durham. In North York I had public transit, even though it was shit. In Durham you had to own a car in order to get around to said jobs, which paid way less since you're out of the downtown core.

#8851775 - 11/14/16 12:25 PM Re: Your thoughts? - Toronto child poverty [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Life can shit on you, its not how much shit falls, its how many times you can take a bath and move on. My wife has cousins who still live in rexdale, and cousins who got killed because they got caught up in that guns/gangs trouble. Same influences growing up in rexdale, and yet vastly different outcomes.

Thats exactly what I was going to suggest, but they won't do it, they all want to live together in the community in Toronto, and get support from the gov't.

Rexdale is the shit...literally. Never seen so much fucking scum before.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#8851776 - 11/14/16 12:25 PM Re: Your thoughts? - Toronto child poverty [Re: Risky Business]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Risky Business
I used to deliver newspapers to Thorncliffe apts, those apartments were nicer than where I grew up.

/bootstrapped it tho

Yup, my cousin grew up on dawes Road too, /bootstrapped /not white and still succeed.
You know how many kids my cousin has? One! And he's learning the business to take over his dad's book. His dad just turned 50, has a place close to lake Wilcox, a house in Scarborough that he bought for his mom, a condo at Kennedy and Sheppard that he bought for his son, and a place in a gated community in Barbados. He came from Barbados at 12, lived in poverty, but still managed to get an education, and start working in financial servcies
 Originally Posted By: Hatorade

100% agreed.

#8851779 - 11/14/16 12:27 PM Re: Your thoughts? - Toronto child poverty [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

/bootstrapped it tho

Yup, my cousin grew up on dawes Road too, /bootstrapped /not white and still succeed.
 Originally Posted By: Hatorade

100% agreed.

Uses one example and applies the same logic to the rest of the population. Do you realize anyone simple being on CSI everyone here has made it. Have this same conversation on JDMR and see how that goes.

#8851781 - 11/14/16 12:27 PM Re: Your thoughts? - Toronto child poverty [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

If that immigrant lady in the paper is actually for real and not trolling (re: gymnastics/karate) LOLOLOLOL she can go get fucked.

That shit is a lavish privilege to do, not some given right, nor should it brought into context of "poverty". WTF, tons of free shit kids can do, they have taylor creek park at her foot steps, which is probably one of the best parks in the city, what is she crying about?

#8851786 - 11/14/16 12:30 PM Re: Your thoughts? - Toronto child poverty [Re: Wildout]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Wildout

Uses one example and applies the same logic to the rest of the population. Do you realize anyone simple being on CSI everyone here has made it. Have this same conversation on JDMR and see how that goes.

Question is why? We are all from different backgrounds and ethnicities, so why do you think we can make it and others can't and need handouts from the gov't.

#8851801 - 11/14/16 12:37 PM Re: Your thoughts? - Toronto child poverty [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

Question is why? We are all from different backgrounds and ethnicities, so why do you think we can make it and others can't and need handouts from the gov't.

Honestly pride & education. A lot of people won't admit to themselves the state that their truly in, instead of actually planning, learning, researching they just go with the flow. Which in turn comes of a lack of education from family/schools. I never forget the day that I actually "woke up" and started to really see the world of what it was and just how far down the shit stick I was from the rest of the world. Until that point I thought that's just how life is/was.

CN:

#8851825 - 11/14/16 12:44 PM Re: Your thoughts? - Toronto child poverty [Re: Wildout]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Or people planned better? Look at people on here, how many people have kids in their early 20s before they established careers. Almost zero.
#8851834 - 11/14/16 12:47 PM Re: Your thoughts? - Toronto child poverty [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

All comes down to the values you were raised with/how you were raised.

You can take anyone with the right character, put them anywhere in the world and they will do well and vice versa.

#8851846 - 11/14/16 12:51 PM Re: Your thoughts? - Toronto child poverty [Re: Wildout]
The Postman Offline
Post Master Sr

Father in the article is making minimum wage working security. Low paying service jobs exist everywhere. No need to commute to the GTA to work in a food court, drive a taxi or work security.

East Hamilton is full of brown people lol.

#8852091 - 11/14/16 03:17 PM Re: Your thoughts? - Toronto child poverty [Re: The Postman]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
fuck off with all that. ok, granted if she's sick and unable to work, she's still getting disability from the gobment. husband can't find a better paying job in toronto? nigga please, go pick up a shovel and make some more coin than sitting around being a security guard. if you arn't willing to work a little harder to give your kids better things in life then i don't know what to tell you.

i probably make the least amount here, so you know what i do in order to send my kid to the hardcore russian ran expensive ballet school? i wash flippin cars on my spare time. 0 reason in this day and age why the husband can't get out there and make a bit more money instead of being lazy and wanting other people to pay for it.

there's a park nearby? go buy a $4 soccer ball and teach her how to play soccer, have you're uncle from back home send you a cricket bat and go teach her how to play cricket at the free cricket things at that park at eglinton/leslie, there's your extra curricular right there. don't even think about playing the immigrant card either, many immigrants have come here with NOTHING and worked their asses off to give their kids a great life.

<--- officially triggered.

Edited by titty sprinkles (11/14/16 03:36 PM)

#8852114 - 11/14/16 03:31 PM Re: Your thoughts? - Toronto child poverty [Re: titty sprinkles]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles
fuck off with all that. ok, granted if she's sick and unable to work, she's still getting disability from the gobment. husband can't find a better paying job in toronto? nigga please, go pick up a shovel and make some more coin than sitting around being a security guard. if you arn't willing to work a little harder to give your kids better things in life then i don't know what to tell you.

i probably make the least amount here, so you know what i do in order to send my kid to the hardcore russian ran expensive ballet school? i wash flippin cars on my spare time. 0 reason in this day and age why the husband can't get out there and make a bit more money instead of being lazy and wanting other people to pay for it.

#8852127 - 11/14/16 03:41 PM Re: Your thoughts? - Toronto child poverty [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Oh shit. Titty has spoken the truth!!!

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#8852136 - 11/14/16 03:45 PM Re: Your thoughts? - Toronto child poverty [Re: Hatorade]
The Postman Offline
Post Master Sr

Uber the TLX
#8852869 - 11/15/16 09:53 AM Re: Your thoughts? - Toronto child poverty [Re: The Postman]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

Reading and comprehension own you guys. They're not asking for a handout, their saying they can't afford to send their child to said programs, then they list the reasons.

No where in the article are they asking for a handout. In fact if you read it and understood it, they've improved their conditions since they came to Canada. But tell us more.

#8852873 - 11/15/16 10:01 AM Re: Your thoughts? - Toronto child poverty [Re: Wildout]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

The hell they aren't.

Quote:
Rather, now is the time to move forward with fair and equitable taxation measures to fund the investments in affordable housing, transit, child care and recreation that will ensure that every child has the chance to succeed,” it concludes.

Little jimmy needs to play hockey and have pilates classes to succeed, but I want the gubment to pay for it

#8852884 - 11/15/16 10:10 AM Re: Your thoughts? - Toronto child poverty [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

The hell they aren't.

Quote:
Rather, now is the time to move forward with fair and equitable taxation measures to fund the investments in affordable housing, transit, child care and recreation that will ensure that every child has the chance to succeed,” it concludes.

Little jimmy needs to play hockey and have pilates classes to succeed, but I want the gubment to pay for it

So above you single out the minorities that have just come to Canada, but don't realize that the majority of the people that use the child care and recreation are white non-immigrants.

Waits for you to change your argument for a 3rd time. I see now why Risky just trolls you. This is like your way of humble bragging.

#8852897 - 11/15/16 10:28 AM Re: Your thoughts? - Toronto child poverty [Re: Wildout]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

#8852931 - 11/15/16 10:47 AM Re: Your thoughts? - Toronto child poverty [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
 Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8852935 - 11/15/16 10:50 AM Re: Your thoughts? - Toronto child poverty [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

titty hustles like a mofo
#8852954 - 11/15/16 11:03 AM Re: Your thoughts? - Toronto child poverty [Re: Risky Business]
f22b-dohc Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: canadia

That shit is a lavish privilege to do, not some given right, nor should it brought into context of "poverty".

that's relative to certain csi'ers

its like saying a boat, cottage, ~ x00,000+++ k income as middle class

#8853082 - 11/15/16 12:55 PM Re: Your thoughts? - Toronto child poverty [Re: Wildout]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

So above you single out the minorities that have just come to Canada, but don't realize that the majority of the people that use the child care and recreation are white non-immigrants.

Waits for you to change your argument for a 3rd time. I see now why Risky just trolls you. This is like your way of humble bragging.

Yes, but they aren't the ones complaining that they can't afford it. Most non white immigrants in Scaborough just hustle like titty till they can afford it. Its what I did. So why are the muzzies thinking the gov't should provide them the leaside lifestyle on taxpayer dollars.
 Originally Posted By: f22b-dohc

that's relative to certain csi'ers

its like saying a boat, cottage, ~ x00,000+++ k income as middle class

According to realtor.ca, here are the demographics for my area

Quote:
?Population size: 1221 ?Median age: 37.10 ?Average Household Size: 3.62 ?Average Household Income: $169,040 ?Households with Children: 73% ?Households without Children: 27% ?Number of Households: 337 ?Not in the Labour Force: 28%

You mean that isn't middle class in the GTA, aka both parents making 80k/yr? Both my neighbour across the street and immediately adjacent have cottages, so its probably because we aren't paying Markham / Richman's hill inflated pricing

#8853155 - 11/15/16 01:40 PM Re: Your thoughts? - Toronto child poverty [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
f22b-dohc Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: canadia
oh stop trolling and fuck yourself.

you got my point. - like i said "relative"

you are so cool in this forum.

can i have your autograph?

Edited by f22b-dohc (11/15/16 01:45 PM)

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads