Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#603083 - 10/29/06 07:17 AM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
Turbo2OVJetta Offline
Post Master Jr

Loc: Middletown, DE
Quote:

GM felt there was a market between the 205hp SC engine and the 145hp base.

Turns out they were right.

Sure, but there would also be a market for the 205 hp engine and they are losing sales and creditability, especially among young male buyers, by not offering it.

Just think of the 300 or Charger only came with the 2 V6 engines (2.7 and 3.5). Sure, there would be a market for the 3.5, but they would be losing sales by not offering the 5.7.
Yeah dude, you're like a fucking rock star rolling up in a stretch Countach with a jacuzzi in the middle and drunk half naked groupies with big hair doing coke off each other's tits when you roll on the set with that Si. - Johnso26

Videos
#603084 - 10/29/06 09:47 AM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
ewraven Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Dept. of Ruminant Procurement
Quote:

Cobretti????

Who the hell is Cobretti? lol

I do agree with you 100 percent on your argument though.

LOL Here is a picture of my truck and how much I paid for it...

It was stickered for $10,900 with just 72,000 miles at a Honda Dealer. I talked them down to around $10,600 and they also deleted the bullshit three hundred dollar charge for vehicle preperation. LOL Paint protectant. I took the sales manager and salesman over to a brand new Pilot on the showroom floor. I quickly found on the window sticker the dealer added a charge of $499.00 dollars for tape pinstriping. In a very loud voice where other customers could here, I told him I could buy the identical tape pinstriping for ten dollars at Autozone and apply it just like that within forty five minutes by myself. And then since I had there attention, I asked him how exactly that paint protectant is applied that I was paying three hundred dollars for, I asked if it was buffed on or sprayed on. When he answered that it was sprayed on, I just started laughing. It was probably just hosed on wax or something like you get for seventy five cents at the local spray and wash. He deleted that charge pretty quickly.

I do have little experience in haggling with car dealers and I still didn't talk them down as much as I hoped too.

I have had to put roughly thirteen hundred dollars into the truck to fix some things that were wrong with it. But at the time I bought it, it MSRP'd for twelve thousand and brand new it was a thirty thousand dollar truck back in 1999. And now that everything is fixed, it has a new timing chain and water pump as of last week, the plenum gasket should never fail again, aside from perhaps a clutch at some point, it is good to go for 250+ thousand miles.

EDIT: What kind of gas mileage are you getting in that new Tacoma? Does the TRD version have any more power than a non TRD Tacoma?

I know very little about the new Tacomas.

With just a muffler and air cleaner on the Dakota, I am getting ~16 miles per gallon in town and 19-20 miles per gallon on the highway. lol When I first got it, I was averaging low 14's in town and if lucky 16 or 17 miles per gallon on the highway.

Edited by ewraven (10/29/06 09:53 AM)

#603085 - 10/29/06 10:22 AM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
Driven Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Taiwan - Digital Nomading
for what it's worth, i got my '03 G35 Sedan (32K miles) w/ nav, sports suspension, and auto for $23K out the door.

which is still a better deal than $22K for a "fully loaded" G5.

#603086 - 10/29/06 11:14 AM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
Chazmanian Offline

Loc: colorado springs colorado usa
Quote:

Quote:

Cobretti????

Who the hell is Cobretti? lol

I do agree with you 100 percent on your argument though.

LOL Here is a picture of my truck and how much I paid for it...

It was stickered for $10,900 with just 72,000 miles at a Honda Dealer. I talked them down to around $10,600 and they also deleted the bullshit three hundred dollar charge for vehicle preperation. LOL Paint protectant. I took the sales manager and salesman over to a brand new Pilot on the showroom floor. I quickly found on the window sticker the dealer added a charge of $499.00 dollars for tape pinstriping. In a very loud voice where other customers could here, I told him I could buy the identical tape pinstriping for ten dollars at Autozone and apply it just like that within forty five minutes by myself. And then since I had there attention, I asked him how exactly that paint protectant is applied that I was paying three hundred dollars for, I asked if it was buffed on or sprayed on. When he answered that it was sprayed on, I just started laughing. It was probably just hosed on wax or something like you get for seventy five cents at the local spray and wash. He deleted that charge pretty quickly.

I do have little experience in haggling with car dealers and I still didn't talk them down as much as I hoped too.

I have had to put roughly thirteen hundred dollars into the truck to fix some things that were wrong with it. But at the time I bought it, it MSRP'd for twelve thousand and brand new it was a thirty thousand dollar truck back in 1999. And now that everything is fixed, it has a new timing chain and water pump as of last week, the plenum gasket should never fail again, aside from perhaps a clutch at some point, it is good to go for 250+ thousand miles.

EDIT: What kind of gas mileage are you getting in that new Tacoma? Does the TRD version have any more power than a non TRD Tacoma?

I know very little about the new Tacomas.

With just a muffler and air cleaner on the Dakota, I am getting ~16 miles per gallon in town and 19-20 miles per gallon on the highway. lol When I first got it, I was averaging low 14's in town and if lucky 16 or 17 miles per gallon on the highway.

The TRD Tacoma has the same 236HP 4.0L V-6 as the Non-TRD Version.

It is a Fuel-Hog!!!!

I get V-8 Mileage with a V-6?

Average 15 MPG around Town.

20MPG on the Highway if all the conditions are "Perfect". IE: No Uphills, No Trailer, Keep it at 70 MPH.

I have the TRD Sport which has the color keyed door handles "Faux" hood scoop, LSD Rear end, JBL Stereo with Factory Woofer (Weak As Carnival Lemonade!)
17" alloys, and the "Tuned" suspension with Bilstiens.

It a good truck but it gets crappy-ass mileage.

I would post a photo but this Forum wont let me post from Image Shack?

My wife has a 2001 BMW 325.

Thing is a Piece of Shizznat'.

Every "Service-Me-Now" light has started going crazy on the dash, The car literally "Eats" tires, The brakes are bad (Again) and it sprays crazy brake dust all over everything.

Every little thing I have done to that car cost me a fortune.

Fuck that car as She is going to be driving an Economy car anyday now.

Who is "Cobretti".........

I'm not really sure?

#603087 - 10/29/06 11:20 AM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
Chazmanian Offline

Quote:

Quote:

Sure, but there would also be a market for the 205 hp engine and they are losing sales and creditability, especially among young male buyers, by not offering it.

Just think of the 300 or Charger only came with the 2 V6 engines (2.7 and 3.5). Sure, there would be a market for the 3.5, but they would be losing sales by not offering the 5.7.

I hate to say this...

Dont take offense guy who actually owns the G5 GT.

It is almost painfully obvious who the "Target" market is for that car.

Anyone?

Yeah, Its a Girl car.

That car has got to be targeted at 30 something women who make 40 something a year, and cant afford an Accord V-6 Coupe or Solara.

And them Broads dont need no SuperCharger's.

And probably dont care.

Yikes...Just my first impression.

But a Dude could rock that ride just as well????

Anyone remember the Sunfire GT Coupe?

#603088 - 10/29/06 11:30 AM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
ewraven Offline
Post Master Supreme

You used the word Cobretti below in Bold...

Quote:

I'm not going to say that GM has hit a "Homer" with the G5 GT but...they did offer a product with lots of features for a fairly reasonable price.

I have never owned a GM product...

If I were in the market for a new truck I would certainly look at the new GM full size.

But I'm not I'm in the market for a small economical car. A Civic SI to be exact.

Maybe a GTI.

If anyone can locate me a 2007 Light Colored Civic in the state of Colorado for $21.5 "Out The Door"

I WILL PAY-PAL THEM $200 AS SOON AS I TAKE DELIVERY OF MY NEW SI...

WHICH I WILL WRITE A CREDIT UNION CHECK FOR.

Cobretti???? Help a Bruthah' out with all your "Mad" car buying skills?

Your truck gets barely better gas mileage on the highway than mine. And mine has the old school 5.2 liter V8 in it. Of course mine is a little modified.

That is something that I have noticed about the Japanese DOHC 32 valve variable valve timing V8's too, they really don't get that good of gas mileage compared to the domestic pushrod 16 valve V8's. Especially now with cylinder deactivation.

The same can really be said when comparing yours and Nissans less powerful and smaller V6's to the highway mileage of the Chevy V8's with cylinder deactivation, even the Suburban is supposed to get like 20 miles per gallon now.

#603089 - 10/29/06 11:44 AM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
Turbo2OVJetta Offline
Post Master Jr

Quote:

Dont take offense guy who actually owns the G5 GT.

It is almost painfully obvious who the "Target" market is for that car.

Anyone?

Yeah, Its a Girl car.

That car has got to be targeted at 30 something women who make 40 something a year, and cant afford an Accord V-6 Coupe or Solara.

And them Broads dont need no SuperCharger's.

And probably dont care.

Yikes...Just my first impression.

I would have to agree. You hit it dead on. It is a nice looking, low performance 2 door car with a decent interior at a fair price.

The perfect car for a chick with no kids that wants a sporty looking ride. Much like a V6 Mustang a base RSX or say a RX8 auto.
Yeah dude, you're like a fucking rock star rolling up in a stretch Countach with a jacuzzi in the middle and drunk half naked groupies with big hair doing coke off each other's tits when you roll on the set with that Si. - Johnso26

#603090 - 10/29/06 01:23 PM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
Chazmanian Offline

Cobretti, Is my new "Forum-Friend" with the FCobra Login title.

And yes 24 Valve Tacoma V-6 4.0L is without a doubt a "Hog".

If they would have had a V-8 option I would have jumped on it!

Funny thing is the Tacoma has better 0-60 times than the V-8 Tundra.

I tow a small trailer running my business during the summer months.

I drive it to work all winter at my "Office-Job".

So it needed to be manuverable and able to be driven like a "Car"?

Its actually alot like a Camry with a lift kit!!!

For Real.

And without a Doubt that car is Pontiacs answer to the V-6 "Chic-Stang".

Even if it were Supercharged would it be the vehicle that competes with The Mazda Speed 3's, GTI's, and WRX's of the world?

Probably not...Its a Comfy "Boulevard" Cru-Zear.

And if Dude aint married....

Bee-Yatches across the country will be straight "Jockin" him in that ride.

Sadly those same Bee-Yatches will identify Forrestorts and Corrolla's with......Mommies Car?

#603091 - 10/29/06 02:53 PM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
90TGP Offline
Post Master

Loc: Ohio
At least it isn't a Volkswagen. And I see more girls in my area driving the older Sunfire/Cavalier, 2nd/3rd/4thgen Eclipse, lastgen Grand Am, more then any other car.
#603092 - 10/29/06 03:39 PM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
Chazmanian Offline

Quote:

At least it isn't a Volkswagen. And I see more girls in my area driving the older Sunfire/Cavalier, 2nd/3rd/4thgen Eclipse, lastgen Grand Am, more then any other car.

No-No-No, I wasnt trying to Offend you with the "Chick" car comment.

I actually think personally that you got a whole helluva a lotta car for 22K out the door!

But in reality that car is not "Marketed" towards the "Youngsters" and speed fanatics 'that want Civic SI's? STI's,Mazda Speed Whatevers, GTI's, Etc...Etc...

That car is marketed at the slightly more mature buyer who prizes some comfort with their sport.

A large percentile of those buyers are in fact...Women.

That in no way shape or form makes you less of a ....Man.

I have friends that drive V-6 Mustangs and realize that in our current performance crazed atmosphere....Those are consider "Girl-Stangs".

But you are without a doubt correct when you say you see more Chicks in Eclispe's, Old school Sunfires and Grand Am's.

I think you have a car that you not only got lots of features for your Mulah....but you also have a car that will allow you to "Jock-Hoes" all day long and deeeeep into tomorrow.

If that was part of your plan....It will work!

That car looks like a Mini-GTO, great styling great features. Who cares what Pontiacs old Rep was????

The Cobalt SS is the car that is aimed at the "Crew" that frequents these types of forums.

Had you purchased a Cobalt SS with a Stick and no leather for 22K out the door you would have eagerly accepted and praised for your "Astute" buying skills.

Obviously you did not want to shift a small supercharged "Boy-Racer" car.

And you my friend are the Man who pays the cost to the Boss of Yo' Ride!!!

And to anyone that doubts that......F-Them.

BTW, the two most outspoken members of this forum who are convinced you made a mistake with your G5......Drive Subaroo-Forrestor's and Corrolla's.

So maybe its...Envy??? Cause instead of driving a potential "Girl" car they are the proud owners of "Womens" cars....I mean "Mommies". And it could eat whatever all day long or get X MPG or What-The-F-Ever...But those are still "Mommie" carz'.

Good job G-Man. Dang that would make a good plate for that G5....G MAN.

#603093 - 10/29/06 03:56 PM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
MikeYOX Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: West Boemfugk, Egypt
I'd seriously rather take public transportation than lay that kind of money into a compact shitbox. That's just shameful of all of these auto makers for charging that much for their pathetic models. For 22k, you should be in a full sized car.

2 years ago a friend of mine got an ACcord 4 cylinder for 22k OTD. It may not be the most powerful thing ont he road. It may not have all the MaDd OpShInZ Yo! But at least its a decent car. $22k for a crapbox? Yikes. I just can't get over it.

#603094 - 10/29/06 03:58 PM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
Meanoldman Offline
Jr Poster

Bullshit. The G5 is a girl car. Who in there right mind would buy this 2.4 Saturn Ion is beyond me.

#603095 - 10/29/06 04:01 PM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
ewraven Offline
Post Master Supreme

WOW, I cannot tell where he ends and you begin after that post!

I definately believe that the G5 and Cobalt are NOT the new Cavaliers and Sunfires. Those cars were complete and utter garbage; especially the later Sunfire that looked like a Dustbuster vaccuum cleaner! LOL The Cobalt, G5 and Ion may technically still be in the same size and price class; but now they are solid competition for the Corolla's, Sentra's and the other nicer imported compact cars.

I've been thinking of a good compact car that I can drive on trips to leave the truck at home. I am honestly cross shopping the Corolla with the Cobalt and a few others that get really good gas mileage. I am adding the G5 to my list now after seeing those pictures.

Whichever car I decide on, it will be a used vehicle though. The Spec V just totally ruined my taste for buying brand new. I've had to put a lot of money into the Dakota; but so far I am up to like twelve thousand dollars total for purchase price and maintenance. I think of it as the fact that it was a thirty thousand dollar truck new and so I technically have still saved eighteen thousand with buying it used. It had 72k miles on it when I got it; but that is nothing for my truck. There are people with those things still going strong at over 300,000 miles.

#603096 - 10/29/06 04:08 PM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
Chazmanian Offline

Quote:

Bullshit. The G5 is a girl car. Who in there right mind would buy this 2.4 Saturn Ion is beyond me.

YOU ARE A MEAN OLD MAN......Ummmmm, Yeah Mean.

#603097 - 10/29/06 04:15 PM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
Chazmanian Offline

OOp's...you are also an Educated "MeanOldMan".....damn!
This is in fact an ION Coupe?

This is an ION 'Sans" the leather.

PACKAGES AND OPTIONS
Anti-lock brakes with Traction Control, Anti-lock brakes help prevent wheel lock-up and allow the driver to maintain control of the vehicle. Traction Control reduces wheel spin to maximize traction in slippery conditions.$0.00Enhanced Performance Package, Includes 175-horsepower 2.4-liter engine with Variable Valve Timing, anti-lock brakes, Traction Control and sport-tuned suspension.$995.00Floor mats, Carpeted front and rear floor mats are custom fit to your Saturn. They're easy to clean and color coordinated.$80.00Power sunroof, With the touch of a button, the available power sunroof retracts to bring a little of the outside into your Saturn. $750.00Rear spoiler$275.00Saturn Advanced Audio System, The ION's quiet ride comes standard. Unless, of course, you opt for the 160-watt amplifier and six premium speakers. $290.00Sport Appearance Package, Includes sport front and rear fascias side rockers, chrome-plated exhaust tip and projector beam fog lamps., Requires Enhanced Performance Package - $995. This option will be pre-selected for you.$500.00Travel Package, Includes auto-dimming inside rearview mirror with outside temperature and compass display, and driver and passenger map lights.$200.00XM Satellite Radio (1), XM Satellite Radio gives you access to more than 170 news, talk, sports and music channels whenever and wherever you drive. , (1) Service fees extra. Available only in the 48 contiguous United States. Visit gm.xmradio.com for system details. $199.00

EXTERIOR ACCESSORIES
No exterior accessories were selected.

INTERIOR ACCESSORIES
No interior accessories were selected.

TOTAL
Total MSRP$20,709.00

#603098 - 10/29/06 04:19 PM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
dr0x Offline
Post Master

Loc: West Canader
Quote:

I just built one on pontiac's website. I had no idea they were that expensive. WOW!

A real eye opener to me was pricing a 2007 GM Canyon w/ most of the options. Wow.

#603099 - 10/29/06 04:44 PM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
Turbo2OVJetta Offline
Post Master Jr

Quote:

At least with the VW you can get a high 14 sec car with a decent suspension....

What are you doing in this forum?

#603100 - 10/29/06 05:22 PM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
scootergeek Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: East of St. Louis
Quote:

For 22k, you should be in a full sized car.

I'm not the least bit opposed to paying $22k for a compact car of econobox origins. But the motor and suspension tuning better be something special.

cheers,
scott

#603101 - 10/29/06 05:22 PM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
90TGP Offline
Post Master

Or pay $30k for an overpriced GTI R32 that only has 240hp. Can get an Evo/STi for about the same price but with more horsepower. And all Audi's are overpriced VW's.
#603102 - 10/29/06 05:39 PM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Nor Cal, Hella hurr durr
right, like a G5 is a badged-out ion

you'll find few here to defend the R32 in anything, EVO/STI have plenty of fans of course

#603103 - 10/29/06 05:50 PM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
Chazmanian Offline

Quote:

Or pay $30k for an overpriced GTI R32 that only has 240hp. Can get an Evo/STi for about the same price but with more horsepower. And all Audi's are overpriced VW's.

BTW, what did you pay for the G5 Pre-Tax??

The major issue continues to be the "Impression" that you actually paid a full 22K for the Gee-Five....In reality you have a State, County and City that needs:

Cops, Buses, Sheriffs, Shelters, Welfare,Roads, Road Crews, Jails, Prisons,Bridges, Mayors, Guv-Nuhs,Foster care, Parks, Pools, Woods, Homeless Guys getting Drunk in said Woods.

All supported by your Tax Dollars.

This list could get so long it would be insane..

What was actual sticker and what did you pay?

#603104 - 10/29/06 05:57 PM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
scootergeek Offline
Post Master Supreme

Quote:

you'll find few here to defend the R32 in anything

I've changed my tune. It's NOT a dual purpose car, but I can see it making a great daily driver. In the US it's sort of an oddball because it's a class of one. In Europe, where there's not only a class of "premium compacts", there's also the Alfa 147 GTA, a car with a very similar spec sheet, to compete with.

It's just a shame that the US market got the wrong car.

cheers,
scott

#603105 - 10/29/06 06:09 PM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
Chazmanian Offline

What hosting site are Y'all using to host these pictures? Image shack wont "Take"?
#603106 - 10/29/06 06:19 PM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
90TGP Offline
Post Master

I use photobucket.com
#603107 - 10/29/06 06:20 PM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
90TGP Offline
Post Master

I'll have to find my papers to get the price.
#603108 - 10/29/06 06:48 PM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
Quad4_driver Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: B.C. Canada
Quote:

Quote:

I think GM made a choice not to have all of the same options between the G5 and the Cobalt, GM doesnt wnt a repeat ofthe J-body tiwns. I don't think we will ever see an S/C G5.

A little side note, GM never indended to sell a pontiac version of the Cobalt in the USA. Although in canada there was a pontiac model released at the same time as the Cobalt , called the pursuit.

Just like the sunfire, the Pursuit (now G5) is out selling the Cobalt I guess GM decided to give it a chance in the US.

#603109 - 10/29/06 07:05 PM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
scootergeek Offline
Post Master Supreme

Quote:

I use photobucket.com

x2

cheers,
scott

#603110 - 10/29/06 07:10 PM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
Chazmanian Offline

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I think GM made a choice not to have all of the same options between the G5 and the Cobalt, GM doesnt wnt a repeat ofthe J-body tiwns. I don't think we will ever see an S/C G5.

A little side note, GM never indended to sell a pontiac version of the Cobalt in the USA. Although in canada there was a pontiac model released at the same time as the Cobalt , called the pursuit.

Just like the sunfire, the Pursuit (now G5) is out selling the Cobalt I guess GM decided to give it a chance in the US.

I have to disagree, I have read "Rumors" or "Rumblings" of a GXP badged S/C G5.
Which is certainly not far fetched as Pontiac is supposed to be the "Performance" oriented branch of the General.

Now imagine his already "Fairly Good Looking" G5 with Cobalt SS running gear and maybe some of those crazy Pontiac hood scoops.

They could tie in a good adverstising campaign.......

Maybe an old Journey song....

Dont stop believing...Hold on to that feeee-lane-yea-ya..Street Light People whoa-uh-whoa.......

Yeah, I need a job with GM's Marketing Dept.

#603111 - 10/29/06 07:56 PM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
Quad4_driver Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: B.C. Canada
As long as they don't put hood scoups on it. im ok.

If GM does make a GXP version, it should be the turbo motor.

#603112 - 10/29/06 08:20 PM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
ewraven Offline
Post Master Supreme

Definately, as long as they don't put a bunch of fake scoops on it. Fake scoops is really what has disgusted me about Pontiac for so long. They seem to be improving a lot right now; hopefully we won't see anymore of that garbage. LOL LS2 GTO.
#603113 - 10/29/06 08:24 PM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
MikeYOX Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: West Boemfugk, Egypt
Quote:

Quote:

For 22k, you should be in a full sized car.

I'm not the least bit opposed to paying $22k for a compact car of econobox origins. But the motor and suspension tuning better be something special.

cheers,
scott

Indeed, but I didn't bother to specify that point since this is CLEARLY nothing like it.

#603114 - 10/30/06 12:03 AM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
Chazmanian Offline

Quote:

As long as they don't put hood scoups on it. im ok.

If GM does make a GXP version, it should be the turbo motor.

What no "Faux" scoops....WTF even my Tacoma has the mandatory "Faux" scoops....Bastards. When I bought this truck and asked the retarded ass salesman what the fuck good is a soop that dont scoop he said......Its an important part of the sport package sir! What an Idiot....Lucky for me the Scoop that dont scoop gives me like...15 X-tra HP....Placebo HorsePower! Still prefer my sport over the off-road as all the trim is color keyed and it gets the 17" rims.

#603115 - 10/30/06 12:08 AM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
Chazmanian Offline

Here with my "Mighty-Ass" fake hood scoop at the top of a steep-ass hill in the badlands of Utah. Getting a Wallet draining 10MPG for like 250 Miles of hilly terrain. Still like the Toyota product though.

#603116 - 10/30/06 12:53 AM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
XT6Wagon Offline

HAHAH I got 10.5mpg towing across the rocky mountains the long way... in My F150 with 15,960lbs of combined wieght between it and my 20ft enclosed car hauler.

guess my lowtech V8 with only 3 valves a cylinder sucks

#603117 - 10/30/06 06:45 AM Re: Pictures of my new daily driver, a Pontiac G5 GT
Chazmanian Offline

Quote:

HAHAH I got 10.5mpg towing across the rocky mountains the long way... in My F150 with 15,960lbs of combined wieght between it and my 20ft enclosed car hauler.

guess my lowtech V8 with only 3 valves a cylinder sucks

I run I-70 from Denver and I'll tell ya'....

The lack of low-end Torque makes for a long towing day through the Rockies and most of Utah.

The V-6 is "Strong" but its really designed to be more of a "Driver" not a "Pulling" Truck.

In essence I end up running it on the Interstates all "Wound-Out" when pulling a Trailer at around 3000+ RPM's so I can maintain 70-75 MPH.

It will not "Hold" Overdrive and needs to be driven in 4th sometimes even 3rd.

The 5speed Auto is super smooth shifting and really a great Tranny...

But the V-6 just dosent make enough Torque to pull my trailer up hills at low RPM's.

Does great without the Trailer though and next year I'm going to fit a Nosecone to the Trailer and try to get some "Aero" action going, as its not the wieght of the Trailer (1800#'s) its the ineffiecent "Flat Frontal Area" design.

And yes I will concede on this point....

Thing gets all Weak Kneed and "Ricey" in the derned mountains!!!

You know youre struggling when of those Powerstroke Diesels fly by you at 85-90 MPH towing a Fucking Bulldozer or two......

Bastards!

Page 4 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  auxilary, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads